Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hogwarts: Year One

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Hogwarts: Year One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:12 pm

(Roleplay Tab: roleplay/hogwarts-year-one/
Out of Character: hogwarts-year-one-t47813.html)

"So this is the Hogwarts Express. Not exactly unibiasssed issss it?" Scales commented from within John's shirt as he walked through the barrier that separated Platform 9 3/4 from the rest of King's Cross. He had to admit that this bit of magic was clever. It relied on the child-like belief that one could simply pass through walls, a belief that was quashed by the time Muggles came of age. He smirked a bit at his pet's statement as he dragged his trunk into the train. The snake was obviously in a foul mood at having to drape itself along his neck beneath his shirt. Scales was easily offended that way.

"My dear Scales, this is the same paint job this train has had since Dumbledore became Headmaster. The new Headmistress isn't exactly going to change it anytime soon. I'm not exactly going to complain to her. Unlike you, if I'm skinned alive, I can't grow it back." John hissed lowly so as not to draw attention to himself. He didn't like being placed in the spotlight, at least, unless he chose to step in there. Growing up in an overcrowded and understaffed orphanage conditioned one to to keep to himself, he supposed. Besides, from what he read of the Wizarding World, being a Parselmouth isn't something h wanted to advertise.

"It'd help the smell, I'd give it that much," Scales quipped back as John entered an empty compartment. His eyes widened as his lips formed a small grin. He hadn't seen so much empty space for years, not since the orphanage got to take them to a rather unpopular opera that lulled him into sleep. Quickly, he made his way to the back, as if scared that someone would appear to claim the backseats for themselves. Satisfied that no one else had entered yet, he placed his trunk in the compartment above and plopped himself down onto a comfortable-looking seat. The Wizarding World, it seemed, was never short on comfort. Another benefit of magic, John supposed.

"Yeah, well, I'm sure Hogwarts will have enough soap for all," John mused before deciding to take a book from his trunk to read. It was entitled Parseltongue: The Misunderstood Noble Art, authored anonymously. It was an informative book that he managed to buy with some extra money leftover from his purchases while Professor Slughorn distracted himself by listing the names of the famous witches and wizards that owed their careers to his "Slug Club". He grimaced. Even now, the name made him gag.

"It better. I don't hang around you to smell your armpits," Scales grumbled. John smirked as he turned a page.

"Of course not. You hang around me in the hopes that by becoming my familiar, you will be able to absorb my excess magic as I mature," John told him, well-aware of Scales' alleged motivation. The snake would never admit it, but John was about the only friend he had, not that that was unusual. Snakes were solitary creatures by nature.
Last edited by almostinsane on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Hogwarts Year One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:16 pm

"EENZY! TAKE THE DAMN BOX!"
"I'm already holding it..."
"Right, good Eenzy, I packed you my famous Singapore Noodles"
"Um... where did you pack it, exactly?"
"Shelf 3-A?"
"Grangran! That's where I keep my... uhhhh"

Ian looked at the Muggle couple currently eying him as he attempted to lug a small but ornate shiny black box as though it weighed a ton, as his grandmother, in full regalia of layered shawls and a comically long cigarette in hand barked at him.

"My... toothbrush?" Ian finished. Revealing that he kept most of his Arrowroot and Polish Unicorn Horn Dustmixture there would have been, for Muggles, very peculiar, and for Wizards, illegal. The powder was very sensitive to moisture, but a very potent and rare potion ingredient, which he may have bought in Knockturn alley, but all that was just alleged.

"Eenzy, do be a dear when you get to Hog-
"Gran...."
"-What? Oh right whatever." The baudy woman quietly mumbled "Muggles" to herself, before continuing. "Nevermind, just, oh be careful."
The woman's sudden movements were a testament to how good of health she was in. Before Ian could react he was being crushed by his grandmother's life-draining hugs.
Ian, breaking the hug, essentially walked backwards through the wall, halfway stumbling as he realized he'd suddenly been taken to the lovely, if not crowded, Platform 9 and 3/4.

"God I hope they train cook isn't British..." Ian mused to himself, carrying the tiny black box as though the Chinese style silver edging was made of lead. Normally he could lug it without so much dramatic flourishing, but he had packed in all of his clothes and school supplies, and he hadn't had time to have Granny enchant anything to properly align it, so he could feel things rumbling. The thought of wasting his precious smuggled Unicorn Horn was only slightly worsened in that he remembered buying a bottle of Truffle Oil, which, while not as expensive, was far more delicious.

Continuing his little awkward walk through the train, he found that the front of the train was already near bursting with returning students, all looking at the fresh meat with laughter, but mainly keeping to themselves. Near the end of the train, he found the, so far least occupied room, with just one boy sitting inside. Admittedly, there was an empty compartment right next to it, but Ian just needed room to put his chest, and people hardly phased him.

"Hello, my names Ian, I'm crashing this obviously riveting party." He said. Ah, he was feeling sarcastic today. It would probably last a few weeks and be cleared up without medication in due time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Astrea Delphius was not one to make much of goodbyes, and so when her parents had not been able to accompany her to the platform because of their work, she had not minded in the least. Greetings, as far as she made sense of it, were much more interesting than goodbyes, especially if you put some thought into them.

Lugging her large purple trunk behind her, she approached the entrance to the platform and beheld it for a second. Muggles passed her by, many of them sending strange glances at the apparently unaccompanied small girl with the tiny, belligerent looking owl in a cage. What perplexed them even more was that she seemed to be having a conversation with the air in front of her.

What Astrea saw that the Muggles did not was that this particular magical doorway was in fact guarded by a Zant, a peculiar brand of creature that sometimes found employment keeping things hidden for- or from- wizards. Most people, wizards included, could not see the Zant in its natural form (which rather resembled a bright yellow squirrel with wings instead of forepaws), and so she understood that recently, unemployment among the species had seen a spike. This Zant should count herself lucky to have the job of admitting wizards to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.

"Excuse me," Astrea asked the Zant, "I don't suppose you'd let me through without running at the wall, would you?" Her trunk was heavy, and she really didn't want to have to drag it along behind her as her short legs tried to pick up some speed. The Zant looked at her for a moment, cocking its furry little head to one side, gave something that looked like a shrug, and did whatever it did to make the barrier intangible, at which point Astrea walked through with a dreamlike smile and a word of thanks.

Upon entering the bright red train, she found that most of the compartments were filling up quickly with students who clearly knew each other. Being raised out in the forests of Romania (where there was the single largest concentration of centaur in the world) hadn't exactly given her the best ideas on how to interact with others, but Astrea was not shy. Still, she thought it best to perhaps find a relatively unoccupied area.

A few cars down, she came upon a cabin which appeared to have but two occupants, both boys who looked like they might also be first-years. Deciding that this was as good a place as any, she slid the door open. "Good morning and un-lost socks to you," she greeted. There was nothing more annoying than losing socks, after all. Without waiting for a reply of any kind, she stowed her trunk in the compartment overhead (magically enhanced for a good deal more space). Xerxes hooted with what she took to be irritation, and Astrea frowned slightly.

"Hush, you," she said to the little black owl, and proceeded to cover his cage and shove it above the seats as well. Brushing imaginary dirt off her eggplant-purple shirt and plain jeans, she turned to face the others in the compartment, plopping into the seat across from them. Squinting at the cover of the one's book, she blinked.

"Parseltongue? Mum can do that, but not me," she said carelessly, without even a thought spared to the fact that something like that might not be the best thing to tell someone else.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Eva Valentine stared at the train before her. Just seconds before, she had been able to pass effortlessly through a barrier as if it were not there at all--something that was, or should have been, impossible based on the laws of science that Eva had been raised on all her life. Rather than be frightened by this, however, it only piquied her interest, it only made her want to know even more what made magic work, how it worked. She'd already planned to do some experimenting with magic once she got to the school and learned the basics. Of course, she was slightly put out by the fact that everything she had studied, all the books on physics and the laws of science and nature, were directly opposed by the idea of magic, but she had been shown proof--and a scientist (yes, she had liked to consider herself a scientist, age nonwithstanding) never refused to accept clear evidence. And anyway, that distaste was far overpowered by the enthusiasm and eagerness for what lay ahead.

Her parents had been muggles, two of the most prominent members of the science community in the world who had often travelled around the world, leaving Eva to herself; she developed a tough but friendly personality to compensate for the loneliness she felt. When she got the letter from Hogwarts, her parents had been adamantly set against her going. They assured her that surely there could be no such thing as magic, it went against every established and accepted law of nature--and Eva had accepted this viewpoint, until the death of her parents on the way to the United States for a conference. At that point, an emissary from Hogwarts itself found her, and proved to her the existence of magic. Still mourning the death of her parents, Eva had allowed herself to be taken to this station, and now here she stood, already bewildered by her first experience with magic since then.

Then, with a sudden show of enthusiasm, Eva pushed herself up the steps onto the train, and began looking through the compartments. Most were either full of fourth, fifth, sixth years, or empty. Finally, she did find one with what appeared to be mostly first years. As she opened the door to the compartment, she flashed them all a friendly smile. "What's up?" she said as she entered. "Hope you all don't mind me here." Without waiting for a response, she pushed her small amount of luggage up into the luggage compartment (and gawked a bit as it was clearly much larger than it appeared) before sitting down. "Parseltongue? What's parseltongue?" she blurted out when she caught a bit of the conversation.

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:08 pm

"Shhit man, they're on to you," Scales hissed as John looked up, blinking a little at the arrival of first a rather sarcastic boy, then a girl with an odd greeting who had the awareness of her surroundings to notice the name of his book, and now another girl had just caught what she said and asked what Parseltongue was. He sighed inwardly. This was not how he pictured his first day at Hogwarts, let alone his first five minutes on the train. Nevertheless, he schooled his features, determined not to allow the others to see his panic.

"Well, I find the subject interesting," he told the first girl as he closed his book. He raised an eyebrow when she commented about her mom knowing parseltongue. That was a rather unusual coincidence. Nonetheless, he shrugged his shoulders, accepting her answer as true for now. He turned to the new arrival and explained, "Parseltongue is the ability to talk to snakes instinctively, without any prior learning. This book says that it is a useful ability, but has been tarnished by its historical usage by Dark Wizards. It's not bad though, or good for that matter. It's just another ability that has a bad reputation. Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth and I figure that if he possessed that ability, it must be an incredible gift."

He paused for a moment, as if trying to remember something he had forgotten. Finally, he said, "I'm John Bloggs by the way. If you call me Johnathon, I will curse you. I figure that I'm either going to be sorted into Ravenclaw or Slytherin since I'm not the suicidal-brave type to be sorted into Gryffindor and I'm a little too tolerant for cheating and bending the rules to be in Hufflepuff."

He paused for a moment once again, before finishing, "Oh, and I have no parents so if you're the type to spout about blood purity like certain other idiots, save yourself the trouble. I don't really care one way or the other."

With that said, he returned to his book, unaware of the shock his last statement held.
Last edited by almostinsane on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Ian had hardly sat and taken a breath of composure before a new face joined the still just splendid party. It was, by his math, exactly 2 and a quarter quick breaths later that another girl joined in, making the cabin seem a bit less like a morgue. It was definitely nice to be in the company of like minded people, or rather, people in the same situation. It wasn't quite so depressing or scary.

"I swear I haven't had Parsley since yesterday" Ian said, scratching his tongue with a rather stupid grin on his face, before licking his teeth and laying back. He honestly didn't understand what the girl meant, but he could already tell she was a weird one, it was nice to be around weird people. They were a rare group that could make Ian feel less weird himself, and relative normalcy was good normalcy.

He glanced around the cabin once more, not looking at anyone in particular, still getting acquainted with his home for the next few hours. Parsley-tongue, that was rich, weird, but rich. Ian actually felt proud enough to forget the conversation's main point entirely. Blood Purity? Ian hadn't even heard it, nor really of it. He'd lived a relatively sheltered lifestyle.

He did hear Hufflepuff. "Hey, what's wrong with Hufflepuff? I hear the rooms by the kitchen, what more reason do you need? Besides, I always heard Ravenclaw was a little stuck up. Oh, Ian... by the way" He added, figuring that it was now introduction time.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Eva nodded in response to John's explanation of Parseltongue, clearly quite impressed, though she didn't understand how someone could be born with a skill. Then again, there was much about this new world that had just been opened up to her that she had yet to understand--and she planned to come to know all about them very soon.

"On the topic of houses, if what I've heard about each one is correct, I'll probably be in..." she seemed to think for a moment, though really she knew full well which house she would most likely be sorted into. "Ravenclaw, I guess. But you never know. I suppose the house I'm in doesn't make a huge difference to me as long as I get the best education there is."

When they came to blood purity, Eva couldn't help but scowl a bit inwardly. She had had little time to read about the wizarding world, but from what she had learned of it, there were many wizards and witches who for some reason looked down on muggle-borns--and Eva was one of them. She knew herself that one's heritage did not affect one's abilities, but if anyone at Hogwarts tried to give her crap because of her blood purity, then she would in all truthfulness have to do her best to resist pulling out her wand and cursing the person. Well, once she knew any spells, that is.

"Oh--I'm Eva," she hastily removed herself from her thoughts, realising everyone was introducing themselves.

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Hogwarts: Year One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Astrea observed with large green eyes as another girl soon joined them, this one with the slightly-awed look that seemed to generally linger on the faces of those who hadn't seen a whole lot of magic before. Not that Astrea minded in the least; she had far too many blood-crazy relatives on her mother's side that treated her father as if he were lower than dirt. This stirred up some kind of feeling in her which she suspected might be anger, but couldn't really tell for sure. It didn't really matter anyway.

"Blood is as blood does," she replied noncommittally. She meant of course that it was nothing at all, but then again, people had been known to interpret the things she said in such contrary ways, as though she were unclear or something. She accepted the boy's explanation about Parseltongue as fair enough; she herself wasn't particularly interested in whether or not he was telling the truth. People, she had found, generally said whatever they thought they had to, and there wasn't much she could do about that but accept it and continue to meander along in her own sort of way.

"My name is Astrea, but you could call me Rea, if you like. Or Phil," she said as though it were a mere afterthought to some larger point, and indeed it was. There was a small cluster of Nesting Weevils in one corner of the train compartment, and those only ever appeared when someone was harboring a secret. Of course, she couldn't tell who the Weevils were attached to; maybe it was all three of them. Again, though, she wasn't overly concerned. The Weevil population had spiked in recent years, almost everyone had one somewhere in their general vicinity, though they only tended to appear in the open like this when the secret was on someone's mind. As for names, well, people had called her a lot of things before, and she didn't really care how she was referred to.

"My mum was a Slytherin, and Dad was a Gryffindor, but Renault tells me I'll probably be Ravenclaw..." she trailed off, forgetting to mention who or what exactly Renault was. Moving her attention at last from the Nesting Weevils (who weren't all that interesting anyway) she regarded the small assembled group. They certainly seemed like good sorts, although really she wasn't basing that on much. It was just a feeling she had.

It was at this moment that the sweets trolley decided to come by, and Astrea was immediately enthralled. Her eyes went wide, and she grabbed several treacle tarts and a parcel of Bertie Bott's. "Does anyone want anything?" she asked, fully intending to share anyway. That was what people did, wasn't it? Plus, she rather thought the looks on at least a couple of faces might be interesting if she passed around the Every-Flavor Beans...

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suzumebachi on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:53 am

Chloris closed her eyes. She knew she had to be fast, and yet she was afraid.

Three..
Two..
One..

She stepped into the wall, half expecting to run into it, but the fact that she had felt no resistance indicated that she must have passed through the wall. She opened her eyes reluctantly, taking in the platform that had not existed mere seconds ago. The sight of the train, old fashioned and red, the cheerful chattering of the students who still hadn't boarded the train.. Chloris wiped the almost dry tears from her cheeks. It almost felt as though the view before her consoled her, taking away some of her anxiety.

She checked her watch - there weren't many students left outside, and it was almost time for the train to leave. She had spent too much time at the station trying to part with her parents - and then she had stood near the entrance of the platform for almost ten minutes, trying to prepare herself psychologically. She sighed, regretting her past actions once more as she pulled her luggage towards the train - wasn't it unnecessary to wait so long before doing something she was afraid of? It's not as if anything had changed, even after she had waited there for ten minutes. Chloris continued her internal monologue, criticizing herself, as she made her way to the train; however, as soon as she boarded it, her thoughts began to follow another course.

Initially, Chloris tried to take everything in - the compartments, the students within them, the atmosphere. As she slowly advanced in the corridor, she would look left and right, observing details about the passengers. These people - and the train itself - seemed to create an atmosphere completely different from what she was used to. She couldn't figure out why she felt that way, but it suddenly reminded her of the way she felt whenever she visited her grandmother's house - something old fashioned, mixed with something new, with many intriguing, small and colourful details.

Chloris had to come to a halt when she noticed that the food trolley had stopped in front of a compartment. She initially examined the contents of the trolley, seeing a few brands she was familiar with (from the times when her mother brought her sweets) and many which she had never seen or heard of before. As soon as a small girl - even for their age - approached the food trolley, her attention shifted to the girl and the others within the compartment. They all looked as though they were the same age as herself - perhaps future classmates?

She slipped out a few coins from her pocket and turned to the owner of the trolley once more. "May I have two of these and one of this? How much do they cost?" She was handed two chocolate frogs and one sack of Bertie Bott's once she had paid. She began to inspect the boxes enclosing the chocolate frogs, occasionaly glancing up to see if the trolley was moving yet. She had decided to stay in this compartment - there was still room for two, and she really did not want to be left alone at that moment - so she waited for the trolley to move on.

Suzumebachi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire Cat on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:39 am

The young boy sighing as he gazed out of one of the trains many windows as he swallowed his nerves, latching onto his brothers hand rather anxiously before turning to express his concerns. “Brother.. Do you think mother would forget about us? I mean It wouldn’t be too late to go back home would it? She wouldn-“ . Before he could finish his sentence Aiden embraced him as to defend his younger brother and with that he sighed as the train pulled into its rightful place. Before regaining his posture he felt himself being dragged out onto the bustling platform which only seemed to unnerve him more, however igniting that sense of adventure which seemingly hadn’t existed up until this point as the two boys wandered over towards the mysterious pillar his grip tightened as he clenched his eyes shut following Aidans lead.
Hearing his brothers laughter Jayden opened his eyes to see their train which only brought resent, obviously missing his mother. (Being the mommys boy he was.) Dragging his seemingly larger bag along the platform as he peered through to see which compartment was the least populated which ended up taking him to end of the train smiling cutely at his brother as he left his luggage on the platforms entrance to their cabin. Knowing his brother would be so nice as to carry it for him.
Upon entering the train Jayden flicked his head slightly as to blow his fringe over examining the miss-match passengers with a soft chuckle, an innocent smile sweeping his face as he made his way down to the far end, sitting on the opposite empty seat looking up at the male to raise his hand “Hi~ I’m Jayden!” His facial complexions turning into a rather subtle blush which lead him to abandon any conversation as he waited on his brothers arrival. However keeping a keen Interest towards the serpent wondering if its owner could indeed speak parseltongue too~.

Cheshire Cat
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am

Aiden sighed gently as he watched what could only be described as an emotional wreck board the train as one of the final passengers, closely followed by his slightly older, slightly stronger brother. "Look.." he began in a quite upbeat tone, before turning to realize that his younger brother seemed to have instantly gotten over his fear after the hug and had taken off running down the middle of the hallway, leaving his belongings somewhere strewn upon the side of the carriage, almost blocking the path entirely. "Heh. Typical Jay.." he whispered under his breath, as it seemed this wasn't a singular occurrence for the younger brother, who was always being picked-up after by his elder twin.

Aiden quickly pulled forth, grasping in his left hand the smaller, purple suitcase, which made him instantly feel that slight bit more feminine just by the cold plastic touching his skin, which made him shift uncomfortably from side to side as he slowly made his through the tight, cramped hallway to where he could barely see his shorter twin hanging around the southern end, before he disappeared. He instantly thought the worst, though he usually always did anyway. His younger brother, dozens of people he didn't know, and a speeding vehicle made his feet more swiftly slide against the sticky carpet beneath. "Jay-" he began once more, before again he was quickly cut off by hearing his brothers voice suddenly clam up, and coming from a large cabin which numerous, diverse students of similar or slightly greater age than his brother and himself.

Aiden slowly turned in mid-step, blinking a few times in slight confusion, almost comicly so as he found his brother already seated at the bottom of the cabin. Clearing his throat quickly, the handsome irish lad placed a small smile upon his lightly toned skin, though still with that typical irish, freckled cream coloring to it, and hastily looked around the room. "Y'know, I hate when 'ya go and run of like that" he spoke calmly, with that beautiful irish twang to his tones, as while his brother on occasion masked his natural accent with a more inland tone, Aiden usually let it all loose, knowing that he was proud of his heritage. "Oh! Urm, hello there. My names Aiden, I'm his older and obviously more handsome brother!~" he chuckled quickly, rubbing the back of his stylishly messy hair, being quite the joker at points, as it was quite obvious that he was not fully serious about his looks, both had their flaws and strong points.

"Sorry for interruptin' an' all, don't let me stop you!" he chimed, as he easily stored the final two cases, and sat beside a pretty female who seemed quite new to the passengers, opposite his brother. He felt a little out of place as an elderly female began to ask if anyone wanted any sweets from a trolly, knowing that they did not have enough money for both. At this point, hiding his hand using the trolley, he leant forwards in the guise of getting a closer look at the trolley, and placed within his brothers hand enough money to buy himself whatever he wanted. "Oh, nothing for me thanks..not a sweet kind of person."

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire Cat on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:11 pm

As he sat down awaiting on his brothers arrival he began to swing his feet, unsure of what was to come of the journey, after all he had no aspirations to make friends, or in making any relevant progress for the matter. In fact Jayden In nature was timid, always hiding behind another being, never wanting to step up in fear that someone would betray him, however having his so called moments. Obviously the young boy was superficial only caring for an outward appearance as he continued to look into his own reflection styling his fringe pondering whether to re-dye his streaks purple.
A light hearted smile appearing over the young boys face upon hearing a farmiliar voice, tilting his view to let off a coy smile, noticing that his brother had in fact carried the purple suitcase as he let off a soft giggle blushing slightly, speaking in an effeminate manner. “Heh’ and here I was thinking you were to~” Rolling his eyes towards Aiden smirking cheekily. “Manly? To carry a purple suitcase.. But thank you..” His tone appearing to be softer as he smiled gratefully towards his brother with a soft sigh, feeling slightly reassured of the journey to come.
Watching Aiden sit next to the stranger had only brought up negative feelings of jealousy and discomfort allowing certain thoughts to span across his own mind as he glared towards the female, hidden behind his fringe taking an almost asinine tone before the sweet lady arrived, his glare fixating itself onto her as he dismissed whatever she had to say. Looking over the trolley with no real intention other than to tut and make some half-arsed comment “Hmm yeah~ Am I to be offended that you asked or should I feign interest” Staring nonchalantly out of the window acting quite cold before turning his shoulder to be smug “Heh- You’re still here”

Cheshire Cat
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Aiden blinked a few times as he watched his younger brother potter about like a total little prat for absolutely no reason. He sighed deeply as he sent a reassuring smile towards the other first-years in the small, enclosed carriage, before glaring straight towards his brother. "Jay..just stop. You're being a total brat again, nobody's done anything wrong to you and.-" he began, though cut himself off before he said something he didn't want to say and thus kill the mood even further.

With the same small smirk written upon his face, Aiden slowly turned to where he could see the rest of the people in the tiny enclosed space, his gem-like eyes shimmering and his handsome face falling to take after the contures of his almost perfect skin. "As you heard, my names Aiden, and this is my twin, Jayden. We're from Ireland. Uh, County Kerry to be exact. He just -pretends he's not." he chimed, chuckling just a tiny bit as he did so, his head shaking from side to side. He didn't understand why his brother dislikes the accent, he loved it. It made him feel special that he seemed to be the only one he knew at the school that had an accent like his!

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:37 pm

Astrea shifted slightly uncomfortably against the wall. She was used to wide-open fields and forests to roam in, not slightly-overpacked train cars. Still, she supposed, it had to be a good thing that she was meeting people so soon, right? As her mother was given to saying... well, actually, she couldn't quite think of anything appropriate to this situation. Most of what her parents said had to do with spells, stars, or magical creatures.

Shrugging to herself, she observed the slight increase in weevils as the three new one shuffled in, and passed the Every-Flavor beans to the brown-haired girl beside her. Eva, she thought. "Have you ever had these?" she asked lightly. "It's a bit like trying to play exploding snap with a pixie, but it's always... interesting." She popped a bean in her mouth, pleased that it appeared to be one of the grass-flavored ones. They were always amusingly disgusting. She indicated that Eva should take a few and pass them on down, through to everyone.

Observing the newcomers, she noted that one of them appeared to have swallowed something even worse than a grass-flavored bean. What else could explain the sour look on his face? His twin, on the other hand, was smiling around at everyone, and she smiled back pleasantly before continuing her observations. The other new girl, the one with black hair, seemed like a nice sort, even if she was a bit quiet.

"Well," Astrea said matter-of-factly, "since we all seem to be packed into this car like... really packed things... maybe we should play a game?" She had no idea exactly what they should do, but everyone just sitting around seemed like it would be boring. Not to mention uncomfortable.
Last edited by Kurokiku on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suzumebachi on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Chloris was free to move once again, as the old lady had begun to push the trolley to the next compartment. She opened the door, hesitating on the threshold for a moment, and then entered the compartment. "Hello!" she exclaimed, trying not to sound too nervous, and smiled faintly as her eyes shifted from one face to the other. "My name is Chloris - it's nice to meet you." She felt very awkward, and one part of her wanted to run away without turning back even once, but she knew - or at least hoped - that she would not be completely rejected. The people within the compartment didn't seem intimidating - at least not all of them. She had noticed the acid glare and the harsh words of the pale boy with the blue-coloured streaks in his hair. But on the other hand, the girl who had come up to the trolley before - the petite one with the large, pensive green eyes - appeared to be quite nice.

She placed her cat's box onto one of the empty seats, taking care not to disturb her kitten. She put away her black, wheeled suitcase with little trouble - having been reassured that the library at Hogwarts was quite extensive, she had decided not to bring along too many books. The rest of the things she had brought were light enough, as long as she did not have to keep them lifted up for a long period. "Um, I probably should have asked about this beforehand, but..are any of you allergic to cats?" she asked as she sat down and placed the box onto her lap. "If you are, I could leave - and..you haven't saved these seats for anyone else, right?" she asked, her soft voice rising to a higher pitch. Realising how negative she must have sounded, she quickly took out her pack of Bertie Bott's beans from her bag, offering some to the others. Her mother would sometimes bring these - it still seemed amazing that they could literally have any flavour, and she enjoyed trying to guess which bean would have which flavour. Sure, there were sometimes risks, but she agreed with the petite girl with the large green eyes - eating these was always interesting.

She looked at Astrea with curiosity. "What kind of a game? Um..if it's a game from the wizarding world, I might need an explanation of the rules.." she said with mild embarrassment and popped a pinkish crimson bean into her mouth.

Suzumebachi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Aiden seemed to be staring quite blatantly at the pretty, red-headed girl for a few seconds, who didn't seem to actually figure it out. "Oh, u-urm, y-yeah!" he chimed, turning back to glare quickly at his brother, who no-doubt would have seen the blatant crush one ginger seemed to have on another. He gulped lightly, as a deep, red-raw blush flushed brightly upon each cheek, and slightly further down onto his other facial features.

After a second or two he seemed to instantly pull himself up straighter, eyes shifting from side to side as he tried his hardest to make that annoying red glow on his cheeks disappear, which seemed to just make it even worse than before. "So, game then. H-how about urm..I Spy?" he began, not really quite sure of what games wizards played. Even for a muggle, both boys were kind of excluded from the other children, being that they were either at school or working on the small farm they lived upon. He gulped deeply, eyes continuing to flail around the room as he gripped his right hand tighter than before.

At one point, he seemed to just glare towards his younger twin, knowing full well how much his brother knew about how he was feeling, being that it was usually him on the other side of the stick. Frankly, he wished he'd never have looked towards her if he knew that he liked her, it didn't exactly help. "Or urm, we could play..- Yeah, not much we can really do in here. I mean, it's kind of cramped.." he groaned absently, turning his head to the right, and simply taking in a deep breath to try and regain his standing. "Or how about Animal, Vegetable, Mineral?" he exclaimed, that same bright smile appearing on his face, his shiny white teeth glistening through and seemingly making the room just that little bit brighter, as he seemed to be glancing towards those odd-colored beans that the two girls snacked upon. They looked like they enjoyed them, but he had heard in passing conversation that the beans could be anything from candy-floss to dung flavored, so he wasn't really int he mood to try one.

"Unless anyone else has any idea's, 'course" he chuckled lightly, that irish twang ever growing within his accents.

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:58 pm

The redheaded Irish boy's skin was rapidly growing to match his hair in hue, and Astrea was slightly puzzled. Weren't people prone to that sort of thing when they were embarrassed? Shrugging a little to herself, she turned to the black-haired girl (whose name she still did not know).

"The only thing I'm allergic to is blast-ended skrewts," she said as though this were the most perfectly natural thing to be allergic to. In actuality, she'd never known someone else with such a bizarre allergy; it wasn't as though skrewts had dander or anything. She considered doing introductions again, but she was sure that they'd all learn names eventually, and she generally made a conscious effort not to say the same thing twice in one day, which meant she'd have to think of another way to introduce herself.

She was about ready to do just that when the Irish one spoke up again. He suggested something called "Ice-pie" which sounded awfully strange to Astrea. Then again, she was rather fond of strange things. "Wouldn't that take magic, though?" she asked. "Freezing pie normally would be hard until the winter." She had since moved from the beans (which were now somewhere else, she didn't really know who had them at the moment) ans was nibbling on a treacle tart. She held up the other as an offer: Astrea had a sweet tooth, but not really enough of a stomach for two of the things.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anaoel on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:59 pm

“Hooray! I’m not too late” Lauren cheered happily as she was presented with the sight of the Hogwarts Express. For the past hour she’d been worried about missing her ride but now that she was here her worries were gone. She smiled widely, pushing her glasses up as she took in the sights and sounds of the platform, her heart thumping in excitement as she validated the existence of everything.

Though she’d moved to the Wizarding World over two months ago she was still in a state of awe. She’d always believed in the possibility of other places, parallel worlds and fantasy creatures but she never thought she’d get to see these things, never thought she’d be a part of them. The fact that she was had her ecstatic and her feelings showed clearly through her bright, curious green eyes and the happy bounce to her step.

She stood for a moment longer, and then shook her head. “This is so cool!” She muttered with a giggle and grabbed tight to the handle of her bag, boarding the train. The forward most cabins were all full and as she moved towards the back she noticed that those were filling up too. She stopped noticing a cabin that was packed with others all about her age and smiled. She’d love to sit with them all but they looked way over crowded. Instead she settled on waving their way with a smile, on the off chance they would see her, and moved into the unoccupied cabin across the way.

Securing her things overhead with a little struggle she dropped down into a seat and smiled. “Righto then” she said looking about. “I really hope someone else comes and sits in here, I’d hate to spend the entire ride alone.” Though this slight concern remained on her mind she didn’t let it put a damper on her mood. Instead she turned back to her bag, deciding to take from it her animal anatomy book and read up on penguins.
Peace, love and good food!

Anaoel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire Cat on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Gritting his teeth as his fist clenched into the seat to let out a low sigh, however regaining a certain posture smiling playfully, hoping he would have a chance to apologize to the older lady~ after all she was only doing her job... He looked up and over to notice his brothers blush, knowing he’d never feel the same way for his brother.. Although each moment alone would carry a certain unspoken language between the two irish boys.
Hoping to gain a second chance of approval the younger irish boy jumped up out of his seat and seemingly pounced onto that of his brothers with a soft laugh, forgetting how cramped it was already as he put on his flamboyant innocent-like charm.. “I’m sorry Aiden.. Do you think I could apologize to the sweetie lady?”. However feeling genuinely sorry the younger boy had other ambitions~ turns out he now wanted candy.
A moments silence had passed giving jay time to ponder which seemingly gave him a blank expression as he stared towards the floor before abruptly blarting out an idea for the so called game which was to be played, hopping hed be invited to join in “Oh~ I remember this one game but erm..” Feeling rather reluctant to finish his sentence in fear of how others would react however turning on his sweet subtle irish charm hoping that no one would discriminate against him or his brother. “Its a muggle game?! We all get pieces of paper and write a famous person/deity onto it then stick it onto our head.. Then we have to guess who we are?!” His legs now crossed over as he sat up playfully then spotted a girl in the corner of his eye waving over, Jayden quickly looked over his shoulder as to make sure she wasn’t waving to whomever was sat behind of him to realise that someone had actually taken some sort of interest as he waved back dextrously hoping she would join the already cramped cabin.

Cheshire Cat
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonHigh on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm

"Calm down a little bit, jeez. I'm sure you'll see her at the school or something! Otherwise, we'll..write her a letter or something?" The elder twin spoke in a sort of blank whisper, unaware of what to say to help his brother along with his need to apologize to the elderly female. "Oh, or that. Either is fun, party game and al-" he began, before shifting slightly as he heard a female seemingly speaking to herself in the cabin opposite the one the group sat in. He didn't feel too right about sitting there all comfy and friendly when she was seemingly alone. He slowly stood and turned, opening the door a little bit wider as he exited the cabin, and then walked a few feet to stand in the doorway of the cabin the female shared with nobody.

"Hiya! My names Aiden. I'm in that cabin just over there, I was wonderin' if ya'd like to come stay with us, instead of being alone. We..were about to play a game. You can sit, 'course!" he chimed at the end, flashing her that perfect shiny smile once more just to set the point across and hopefully lead her to a conclusion. Just to add to it, he turned and nodded his messy rusett red hair towards the suitcase stacked into the large overhead compartment, and would then speak the words "Could I get those for 'ya?" as he gently pulls the door open a little further, so she could exit to the other cabin. "Oh, that's my brother, Jay!" he chimed, pointing to the raven-haired, slim youth in the corner "And the rest..I have no idea, I didn't get their name yet! heh"

He then shifted his head backwards and shook his head from side to side, a small smirk appearing upon his face as he concluded his brothers game explanation. "No, see, what happens is, well..everyone writes a name of a character or deity on a card, and all of these have to do with one-another. So, say, I put the name of..- Well, it's kinda odd..how about just playing I-Spy~? All you do is, well like this.." he spoke, slowly shifting his head to look around the train, before spotting a small, silver earring his brother seemed to be wearing. "I spy with my little eye. Something beginning with..E" he spoke. Before then nodding his head and speaking "Now you have to guess what the thing starting with E is!"
Last edited by NeonHigh on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeonHigh
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!