Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown

Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown

a part of “Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown”, a fictional universe by Ephemeral Rhapsody.

Stonetown was a quiet town and well known to merchants and travelers. However, one day everything goes quiet when the residents all disappear at once. Few have ventured into the town to find out the truth and none have returned.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:34 am

A huge update to the first post. Please make sure to read it as there will be continuous important information popping up there to help all of us RP!

Now... I have no idea whether to continuing RPing or keep waiting for the other 3 to posts >.>

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Well, that's entirely your call, Ephemeral. There are only two others as of right now, though, because Amelia's player abandoned the character.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:41 pm

I was wondering, did you get my revised Kaito? I sent him to you last night, with the revisions you asked for. Oddly enough, my other roleplay has ground to a halt due to a dropped character as well. It's much less literate than what I see so far from this Hunted & Haunted roleplay. To be honest, I've never roleplayed in setting with this amount of literacy before; the amount in the posts combined with the abundance of description is something distinctly foreign to me. If my character is accepted into the roleplay, I will do my best to match the expected level of quality.
"ROBOT LORDS OF TOKYO/
SMILE TASTE KITTENS/
DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE ROYAL HUNTING GROUNDS ARE ALWAYS FORBIDDEN?"
-Clutch "10001110101"

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Say what? How do you know Amelia dropped? Shouldn't her character skeleton be innthe orphan section or am I supposed to do that?

No, I did not get any revision.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:06 pm

I've sent a second character application to the Character's tab on the Roleplay. If that doesn't go through, I'll just Private Message you the revisions.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:14 pm

The orphanage function is something they're still working on. If you look at the characters tab, though, it says the character is played by "RolePlayGateway" which is a sure indicator that the actual player dropped.

As for the others, I don't know. It might just be that they haven't been on in a couple of days. You could try sending them PMs to make sure they know the thing has started.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Huh, I didn't notice. Thought I saw the orphanage working fully >.>
Kinda odd she dropped after submitting a character...

PMed you Latiel, so let's hope everything goes through this time :S

Looks like we need 2 more peeps in this case... I hope you guys found my Quick Reference guide (in 1st post) useful. If you have any ideas or things you'd like more in depth just ask here or PM me and I'll see if I have an answer.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AbstractCalamity on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 pm

I will post soon, fear not.

And just a heads up, this is my first (serious) RP in quite some time (a year or more, I believe), and I don't practice any other form of writing, so my writing skills might be a bit rusty. My first few posts will probably reflect this especially strongly. Bear with me for a while and I should be back up to speed soon enough.

AbstractCalamity
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:21 pm

It's all good. As long as you make an effort, it'll probably show and we'll all get along just fine ^_^

At this point, I'd take one liners though, lol. Arha said he'd post tomorrow at noonish so once then we can get the ball rolling again.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:34 pm

I think I'll post somewhere about 5 tomorrow. Does anybody want to enter the town in a group with Kaito? He's not the kind to go solo in a place he knows little to nothing about. I was planning on him entering Stone wall as part of a small four-man redshirt group which disintegrates relatively quickly from a mix of greed, bickering, and an attack by a necrophage swarm which kills half the group and causes the other to flee, leaving Kaito by his lonesome in Stonewall. Said group would consist of a lockpick, a berserker merc, a slayer and Kaito. None will remain in Stonewall by the end of my first post.

But, if anybody wants to enter town with Kaito, that would be nice. They could meet up at an exposition town and plan a joint expedition into Stonewall, with some redshirts. It would be more plausible for the less combat oriented classes (theives/merchants) to adventure in groups and seems a logical decision for increasing treasure yield and survival rates. Just putting that out there for anybody. PM me or reply in the OOC if you want to do a joint post.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:14 am

Hey Ephemeral, would you be averse to me creating a second character? If you don't want anyone playing more than one person, I understand, but I was initially having difficulty deciding between two so I thought I'd ask if you mind.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:29 am

Nah, I don't mind you doing more than one character. I'm sure you can handle it ^_^

As long as we don't pass more than 6 (loosely >.>) it's all good. There just isn't all that much room for more than that but since we're not swimming in application, go ahead.

Maybe I should make a Judge since we're lacking one... hmmm....

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:35 am

Awesome, thanks!

I went ahead and submitted the character sheet; let me know if there is anything that needs changing. (^_^)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:56 am

Yay, approved Kurokiku!

I also made a Judge which brings our player base up to 7 ^^

But seriously, no more >.> This RP can't handle so many people.. It's only a small town.

However, I plan on making the next episode of H&H a bit roomier so it's all good. Everyone feel free to post whenever as I we all still, once again, have a character to bring into the fray.

Hopefully, we can all get down together at some point at once and get the ball rolling a little.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:02 am

I have the oddest feeling none of our characters are going to survive. Oh well. Kaito's just going to have to bite it like a man.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AbstractCalamity on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:00 am

Alright, I think I'll have time to write my introductory post tonight. I get off work at 10:00 (US Eastern), and posting is first on my to-do list once I get back.

AbstractCalamity
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Actually, the idea is to continue the story after stonetown so hopefully some of you will survive :p

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Two changes: Ephemeral's character won't be joining us in Grensdale, and Wisteria will be acting as a guide to the little raiding group. I will post later tonight (trying by seven) and introduce the meeting plaace as Grensdale's tavern, the Waterwurm. I'll describe the scene and write Kaito in, and then I will will wait for both Wisteria and Marcus to appear so we can go along our merry way.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

In that case, I will post after you do with Wisteria.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Yeah, sorry about that.

I had already jumped the gun with Balthazar so he's a bit ahead of Kaito. He'll either encounter Necrophages are find one of you guys under attack or something of the sort.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!