Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown

Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown

a part of “Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown”, a fictional universe by Ephemeral Rhapsody.

Stonetown was a quiet town and well known to merchants and travelers. However, one day everything goes quiet when the residents all disappear at once. Few have ventured into the town to find out the truth and none have returned.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Quick Reference Guide

History

Day One

Saint Yggdrasil enters town.
Autumn enters town.
Balthazar enters town and hears something wrong.
Cross arrives in town and spots Balthazar.
Kaito (Theodore) arrives at the Waterwurm in Grensdale.
Marcus arrives meets up with Kaito.
Wisteria meets up with Kaito and Marcus.
Yggdrasil finds Autumn.
Balthazar defeats the first necrophage.
Kaito and Wisteria enter town.
Cross, Balt, Ygg, and Autumn team up and explore the infirmary.
Amelia enters town with Kaito.
The locked door is opened and reveals the ritual.
Necrophages attack Kaito's group at the church yard.
An aberration suddenly attacks.

Monsters in town

Some monsters in the area have come to town in search of their dwindling human meals. Many have completely left the area for other places to find prey but a handful have emerged out in broad day light in Stonetown. Note that GM can bring in more mobs when story line requires it (Tension breaker, lol). Note, monsters are tough and not all that stupid (For the most part and less true for the undead) so don't just kickbox through them.

Necrophage: A superior being to what is commonly known as zombies. Unlike the aforementioned, necrophage have a fully functional body at their disposal and, though being undead, are quite alive. Humans with an unnatural and ravenous (emphasis on ravenous) appetite for human flesh slowly turn into a necrophage with the more flesh they eat. They haunt cemeteries and any area where bodies can be found (Even living bodies which they kill and wait for them to rot before eating). Being undead means they prefer the night but are in some circumstances tend to also been seen in daylight. Stronger than your average human and faster as well, they tend to be more wild than intelligence. If you ever meet one, it will chase you until it gets you or until you are too far from their territory. Necrophage sleep within tombs of others and underground and can often be mistaken for ghouls and other similar creatures. Their weakness is silver. The touch bothers their skin and a cut will burn them.

Aberration: An animal that mutated well beyond it's potential whether by natural selection, magic, or experimentation. These creatures resemble their former selves more or less but their capabilities are augmented and their weakness' fewer. They are rare to find as few are naturally made and the majority results from escaped laboratories. It seems that there are only TWO stalking the streets and so happen to be eating the necrophage who are looking for any source of decaying flesh.

That's all there's around...or is it?

Places

All these areas are written out in the "places" tab to promote full use of the RPG Tab system. Note, locked doors that are mentioned are locked for a reason. Do not go lockpicking or destroying them. However, if your current post is going to do so anyways, make sure it's a damn good one and PM it to me first and I'll decide whether your character succeeds. Don't bother writing what you find behind the doors as I will let you know and allow you to incorporate it. Things I will consider for this will mainly be the way the RP is going as opening these doors can be... revealing.

Entrance: A wide stone gate with the name "Stonetown" made of cast iron sitting proudly on top. There's no wear or damage on the stone, as if it was brand new. Only the lifeless feeling beyond the gate indicates something is wrong. The trade road is only about an hours walk if one would turn around but the welcoming and bright town ahead welcomes any passerby. With the recent stories however, who would dare venture any further into this eerie place? No sign of struggle, no sign of damage, and yet everyone is gone. The few who had gone inside had yet to make it back.

Mason's Way: Mason's Way is the central street that leads directly to the church. On it's sides you can see a tavern called "The Straw Man", a general store, and what appears to be a small infirmary. The cobblestones are smooth and warm from the sun. Nothing would incite the idea of danger or struggle except you cannot help but notice there are no people anywhere to been seen or heard.

The Straw Man: The doors are wide open and you can see how empty it is before you even step foot inside. Liquor, perfume, and spoiled food pertain the air. Unlike the rest of town, the Straw Man uses wooden chairs, tables, and bars. Nothing seems out of place. The upstairs looks like it was used by travelers who needed a room.

Infirmary: A place of healing and rest. You can still rest in the inside and rummage for herbs and poultices if needed. The main room seems to be where the doctor or nurse did all their paper work as there is a great stone desk adorned with a bust of a great bearded man. The adjacent room contains six bunk beds but nothing else of interest. The backroom, the doctors private quarters it would seem, is firmly locked.

Church: A large stone church with stained glass windows. The large double doors are partially open. A small cemetery can be found in the back. The cemetery seems to be old and only the very first inhabitants are buried there. The inside of the church is spacious and airy. Pews line up the path toward the altar and the organ. Statues adorn the walls. Men and women in perfectly poised positions as they stare forward, their hands clasped in front of their hearts. The alcove and second floors are inaccessible due to a locked door.

Mayor's Mansion: A large house that nearly dwarfs the church and probably doesn't on the account of it being blasphemy to live in a home larger than that of God. A large lawn and garden decorate the area and show that this is the home of a very wealthy man. Statues placed decoratively here and there seem to look at visitors who walk down the marble path toward the large looming double doors. Only the two stone lions seem guard to the door. Whoever used to guard the door is long gone and the inhabitants as well. The doors are heavy and appear locked. The constant stare of the statues would make the bravest of man uneasy.

More places to be added as needed. Note, if you want another area added, PM me and I'll create it as some areas may need to be story sensitive.

Important Information

Currently, nothing important was found or said in stonewall.

Glossary

Alexander II - The current pope of ten years.
Beast - Animals prone to hunting humans when angry or approached but leave humans alone for the most part.
Clerica - The rarest of all metals which acts like rope. Effective versus demons.
Damodeus - King of Arcadia. Seat of power in Cadash.
Flow of Time - Name given to the powers of a born witch that allow them to sense the future and the past. Described often as a river.
Magick - Magic is only used by evil people as it requires pacts with demons to be enabled. Often, people believe they can trick or deceive the demons in return for power but we've yet to encounter any that survived.
Monsters - Creatures, animals, and anything that hunts humans for pleasure or sustenance.
Holy eyes - After full training and a pilgrimage; exorcists will have, what is thought to be, a holy spirit occasionally seen floating inside their eye. A white wisp of some sort.
Saint Yggdrasil - Highly renowned name and often used in modern religious stories.
Speechcraft - The technical name of a witch's power.
Wards: - Sigils and glyphs that warn and protect through various activations and effects.

Where does magic come from?

Magic is a neutral force that floats in the universe wherever you find yourself within it. Humans have a difficult tapping into it as they were not made to use it proficiently but those that study it such as witches, exorcists, and breakers. The lack of information on how to properly channel magic forces many to guess at what they're doing and pass on learned rituals to their children and heirs.

However, there is a way around it. Demons often make pacts with humans that allow them to acquire skills that would normally take years to study. The demon, in exchange, receives either the soul of the human, the souls of his victims, or freedom to roam the earth as long as both live. This is a path often taken by many who seek power or believe they can resist the temptation of losing themselves in the magic. This is why the church abhors magic and eradicates it everywhere it goes.

It's hard to remember magic is a neutral force and can be used for good when the complexity of it exhausts the strongest of men and often makes them lose their humanity in the end when they become careless and reckless.

Turn Roster
Will Cross Open the locked door? Have you say before he does something we might regret!
Last edited by Ephemeral Rhapsody on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:04 am, edited 11 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Hunted & Haunted: Stonetown

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:35 pm

I was wondering if you could give me a little bit more information on the witches.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSilverProject on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:44 pm

I'd love to make a witch. Of course, if you get too many witches, PM me and I'll make a breaker. Deal? :P

TheSilverProject
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:48 pm

I made an exorcist; if there's any issue with the character sheet, please let me know! I'm perfectly happy to make changes if they are necessary.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:02 pm

I've created a male witch and hopefully he/she will accept it.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:23 pm

I really liked your character, kurokiku. Fits very well with the world setting.

Vivi, I am still unsure about your character sheet. The general idea is fine but it's a bit...lacking. If you could flesh it out a little and I'll make a judgment then, okay? For now, I'll disapprove it.

Witch Info

Witches are born in any family however practicing witches tend to have a higher ratio with having witch children thus witch families (Covens is a negative word) are made.

Witches use words of power or math to alter reality. Generally with rhymes. The powers are hard to explain or monitor exactly but basically say a witch rhymes:

"The Winds fly about wildly, an uncontrollable force of calamity" This rhyme would basically make the wind pick up and violently. However, the witch has to believe and visualize the "spell" to make it work or it won't take root. The same spell can only be used every now and then as repetition makes words lose their power. So you need to be scarce with the words you use or it might not work due to overuse. Ever say the same word over and over and it lost all meaning? It's just like that)The language is irrelevant as long as it's consistent throughout the rhyme. The words use dictionary meaning, so slang or odd definitions don't work.

Math is a bit different as it directly impacts time and space. The right formula at the right place can make a door leading to a room into a portal or it may bend space to make something inaccessible just past the doorframe. Or create time fluxes which can send you back or forward.

Of course, the more experience and knowledgeable, the higher success rate due to a greater understanding. So, it's not wild magic like it stories... I think that covers it.

Witches can be born or trained. Everyone can potentially do witchcraft (Tongue speak) but it's so weak in some it's just not possible or they couldn't be technically called a witch.

Born witches are stronger than trained and possess a unique ability. They can see the river of time.

It's basically a sense of what is to come with feelings and rarely images. However, the more powerful the witch the greater the sense of time.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Question: Can I fuse two classes together? For example, a thieving breaker or a slaying witch? Secondly, what time period is this? Are there guns?

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AbstractCalamity on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 pm

I made a combination merchant and thief. Let me know if you want more detail on anything.

AbstractCalamity
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks, Ephemeral. It's an interesting setting; at the same time as there are classic fantasy elements in it, I also get an almost Transylvanian feel from it, maybe? Hard to put my finger on, but I like it.

Also, as a philosophy enthusiast, I have to ask: are the Nietzschean overtones to Yggdrasil intentional? It's not blatant, but well... I tend to see stuff like that even in places it doesn't belong.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:19 pm

The time i a bit hard to describe as it's not historically accurate but think the first year after the dark ages. Progress is being made, kings are empowered, and the pope is long influence over the kings and queens but most countries remain loyal and heavily tied to the church.

Feel free to fuse none-cannon types. No reason why your witch can't wield a sword and know how to use it. But It can be a witch exorcist just for lore reasons.

Guns are not yet invented.

Aye, the setting is "if the undead had often walked down your local forest and fields". It's basically dark fantasy... Witcher by andzei anyone?

Actually, I adore Norse mythology. It's magical and wild all at once. European folklore is fantastic.

Saint Yggdrasil is a character I've dreamt up a long time ago. A false saint with a superiority complex. He just fit in the setting very well. So, no real connection to everyones favorite misogynist.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby +delusional+world+ on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:59 pm

I just submitted my character; and I am also new to this sort of rp(The genre more than the literate part), so if you need me to edit something, or tell me if something is wrong, please do so, though, I would think you would since you are the GM. :3
[ Image Image Image Image

+delusional+world+
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 am

I've submitted another character. This one is called Alexander Eastbrook. Not Jonathon.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 pm

So, I am thinking of starting the game.

It'll either be a bit later tonight (Initial post mainly to set the mood) or tomorrow at noonish.

Of course, we still got room for 2 more players which can join in the early stages of the story. This will all be in a IC thread in the PbP forum and not in the post tab due to esthetic reasons.

Until then, feel free to ask any last minute questions, twist your friends arms to join, and await for the link to the IC thread.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArhaHitomi888 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:41 pm

I want to join and am currently working on a profile for a Slayer, and i was wonderin, and apologize if this has been adressed, but where is this town? And i've assuming that we're still in the reality setting of planet earth? I just want to make sure everything in his profile is alright - location of the town so i know where to say he's born and so on and so forth(vaguely at least), but if not, i'll make something up - lol.
My name is Alice, feel free to call me that! <3
YouTube / DeviantArt / tumblr / Free internet

ArhaHitomi888
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Yes, the planet is still Earth and we're in a regular climate zone (All 4 seasons and what not).

Nothing specific on the continent though, I don't imagine this as actual Earth. It's still is the same planet with much of the same going ons just with a darker twist and a few changes here and there.

I'll be looking over the new skeletons I received today and accept/reject them and then start the game. Other's can always still join after if we don't hit our maximum of 6.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:51 pm

The RP Is live!

hunted-haunted-stonewall-t59254.html

please make a final note of the introduction, the rules, and stay in touch in OOC so we can coordinate and get in sync better ^_^

Note: Remember, your characters do NOT have to start all together or meet up with the others right away. Feel free to explore on your own and whatnot and I'll play the GM when needed.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Wait noooooooo!

I would like to join this roleplay since you only have five players. My other roleplay is shaping up to be dull as that broad from Twilight and twice as full of flawless vampires. I hope there are still some player slots left.
"ROBOT LORDS OF TOKYO/
SMILE TASTE KITTENS/
DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE ROYAL HUNTING GROUNDS ARE ALWAYS FORBIDDEN?"
-Clutch "10001110101"

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:29 pm

Yeah, we have a spot open.

Anyone is welcome to fill it before the game gets too far ahead.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Hurray! Exactly what character roles are not taken? Since I'm late to the party, I can't really choose can I?

Edit: I mean character classes (Theif/Breaker/Slayer/etc.)

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ephemeral Rhapsody on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Well, we have no judge or witch yet. But feel free to pick any that catches your fancy. But I suppose variety would be better.

Ephemeral Rhapsody
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!