Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Multiverse

Intervention: Universe at War

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by RemƦus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

Re: Intervention: Universe at War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Time: 21:50:34

Everything the Agronians saw through their red, crystalline eyes were presented to them in the form of a ruby colored tint, displaying the mineral compounds as well as temperature levels within the general area. Through these extrasensory tools, they were able to associate the rather unusual, and somewhat complex compound that the drones with-held, placing them on a very high-threat level; revisiting past-memories held within their runes as a means of recognizing just what exactly their weapons were, and determining what method of attack they most likely used.

A battle-plan was instantly formulated within their semi-consciences, though not displayed any animalistic movements, facial expressions of any sort; merely standing there and communicating to each other through their runes, which - as mentioned before are capable of holding memories. This is the product of that unique trait. And they utilize it to the fullest extent; opening their hands and placing them against the metal walls, adjacent to them, refining them in the same way that they entered the ship, utilizing their partially crystallized structures to slice into electrical cables, sucking the power out by using their crystalline make-up as a conductor, and containing the electricity within their runes and leaking it out through the floor. Each body acted as its own conduit to the one sitting in front of it, coupled with the floor acting as a path-way to make sure no bolts were lead astray and missed their intended target.

As complex as the technique seemed, the time-span was incredibly short; erecting an electrical field at the front, providing just enough magnetic interference to divert the pellets initial trajectories just enough to leave a few chipped Agronians, that were moving in ever-closer. The side-effect to this electromagnetic shield was the residual electricity that it gave off; jumping from their bodies and continuing on their course toward the drones - moving the shield in closer and increasing its overall effectiveness, while simultaneously producing a strong enough pulse to knock out the opaque shield, that the machines had put up in order to stop their assault. Useless, it seemed, as the battle waged on, the Agronians simply turned their slow movements into a full-on charge; completely annihilating the drones with heavy clobbering, which came from a compact group of fists, reducing the first line of defense to nothing more than scrap metal.

With these out of the way, the Agronian forces could proceed with their plan; sucking the electricity back into their runes and then dispersing it upon contact with metal sliding doors. Obviously their were key-codes, and special commands used to unlock these doors, though the Agronians were more than capable of fusing through it and emerging on the other side - memory of the previous conflict from no less than a few seconds ago, told them act with caution and subtlety haste. So, they did what they always did: adapted to the situation. Their runes binded to the electronic panels, mimicking the code by picking up on residual electrical activity left over from prior punch-ins. By analyzing this pattern, the Agronians were able to detect the strongest electrical signal to the weakest, which - in-turn gave them the code. Now, it was just a matter of repositioning their runes and then leaking one spark of electricity into a capacitor, and the next, and the next, and so forth, thus - unlocking the door and bringing them one step closer to their destination: the control room.

As for the outside Sarachi forces - their onslaught would prove to be a success, with nothing having been done by the crew steering the Destroyer to divert the energy-beam's trajectory, it was a shouen that it would hit. The monsters charged the ship, just as their beams hit, slicing clean through the Destroyer's interior as the radiation from the beams that had been originally gathered from the Destroyer's own shields, a blazing corona was formed. Blood and gore came spraying out as the Destroyer split in two, innards solidifying into beautiful crystalline structures, decorating this spacial graveyard, as well as presenting the soon-to-arrive Gravlari with a delectable buffet.
--

Time: 21:56:45

All Thomas could feel was sand weighing down on his body, and rendering him nearly immobile as the layers of powdery debris from the fallen plateau continue stacking ontop of him. The only thing he could do was lay there, listening to the two monsters up above do battle, shaking the entire area with their massive foot steps. That shape-shifter inside his skeleton was doing whatever it could to effect the area around him; powerful -pulsating waves in all directions, loosening up the compact sand just enough for him to start moving around a bit. Somehow, the feeling was very relaxing and almost comforting in the sense that he could just rest there in the soft sand; embracing whatever positive thoughts that could be invoked as a result of it. After all, his training as a lieutenant had taught him enough to know, that fear doesn't make you stronger; it just makes you more durable.
Exactly what he needed to be right now.

After a few minutes of listening to the fight go on, Thomas decided that it was time for him to begin moving up - assuming of course - that the little shit within his skeleton would aid him in that process, and surely enough it did. It was using Thomas' bladed bone as a connector to the minerals around him, clearing them away in the same manner as before, only applying a much more direct, and compact shockwave, granting Thomas a window of opportunity. He was digging at a somewhat slow pace, partially because he figured he didn't need to, what - with the thing putting everything else around it to shame. Unfortunately, all that bliss was about to end when Thomas' veins suddenly bulged out all at once. It was that shape-shifter's turn to feel the pain; spazzing out of control as a result of the negative bio-force that Terracrusher was radiating. It was being transferred through the runes, literally eating away at his life-force, slowly, but, surely scraping him off the cess-pool's bottom.
--
Time: 22:04:23

Alas the dust was finally starting to clear away, and Singar was merely left standing there, somewhat in a state of shock at what had just happened seconds ago. That...man was radiating some type of sapphiric energy, for the time being, remaining relatively calm, but, it gave off the image of something that could quickly become hostile. "How did you get here?" The fog began to dissipate all around him as he stepped away from the molten pool, he just narrowly avoided falling into. "Your energy pours out of you like a water-fall. This blade of mine became entangled in those severed strings of yours, and so, I was pulled here." Singar arched a brow at this, pondering why he would be so angry and judgmental if he just got 'pulled' here.

There was an awkward ten-second silence, quickly broken by the two men who decided that just standing in place wasn't going to do anything. It was time to test the other's strength, and so, they took up their stances and began circling the entire room, each releasing a small burst of their own energy and letting it clash with the other, like two tidal waves, both collapsing and them slamming into the wall behind them. "What makes you think you're fit to guard what anything at all?" A curious look splayed across his face, though with a pinch of arrogance tossed into it. "Someone's gotta keep you pieces of shit in place, right?" Not the answer he was looking for, a split-second's moment of irritation bringing about a rather stern expression; instantly interrupted by the swing of a double-helixed sword firing off a sapphire disc at break-neck speeds, "RIGHT!?"

"Wrong." Singar responded with equal speed, snapping his head out of the way, trailing the object with his eyes as it embedded itself into the wall behind him. "You're obviously not going to listen to a word I have to say..." Just like any other Hellian... Seil charged Singar without so much as a warning, moving dangerously fast, despite his differing size. He gathered up the residual flames left over and combusted them in a giant sphere, however, it was not to be, quickly dispersed and by the runic-strings that The Corruptor had repaired just in-time. His after-image getting left-over as Seil followed him through the flaming tunnel created by Singar's defense. In the span of naught, but, a few short seconds, Seil found Singar standing at the end of the tunnel, and the giant lunged, blade pointed straight outwards.

"Or maybe," bracing his forearm underneath the flat side of his sword, "you just don't know" combining Seil's own forward momentum and as his abdominal muscles and forearm whipped back with his legs grinding into the rocky surface beneath him, "when to shut the fuck up!" The tip of Seil's sword dragged across the ground momentarily, like a car popping a front wheely, before suddenly losing his grip and his right forearm became hooked in the helix closest to the hilt. He was left sliding on the floor, appearing as though he were riding a rocket in the form of a massive double-helixed sword, leaving a shitload of sparks in his wake as he smashed a few rock towers with his powerful calves.

The Corruptor turned around, listening to the oh-so-sweet sound of Seil's sword bringing to a screeching halt. "Don't talk so big...especially when you have to catch your targets off guard." Singar sheathed his sword and watched what he saw as nothing more than a brutish fool bringing himself back onto his feet; eyeing the gash across his gauntlet, made by Seil shoving it into the first helix of his blade. "Pathetic." Seil got up, cracking his elbow with a loud, resonating pop. "All you're doing is taking yourself on a path to your own death, as well as everyone else's." Singar crossed his arms. "What you're protecting is death itself, you imbecile. Balance and stagnation are one and the same. When you achieve balance you reach the end. In a world where balance governs all, there is no room for progression, because everything is perfect. The world stops preparing, because they think they're unstoppable, invincible, immovable. So, what happens when they're finally faced with a threat? They die from their own carelessness, and someone else takes over to become the dominant species. Now...that I think about it. You're worse than I am...perhaps even more...corrupt?"
--
Time: 22:12:14

A plethora of different sounds echoed throughout the hallway, large semi-reptilian feet clacking against the metal floor as the creature's long tail dragged along the floor. It had thick leathery wings and horns protruding from its skull. Several of these beings moved at a hasty pace; led by Morbid who had to set his rage aside, and get his people out of that room or be incinerated by Seil. Though most had already taken the opportunity, they were as good as dead without their leader, and so they waited. "This place is definitely not like Soran." Said a being who looked similar to Morbid, "No shit, but, that isn't going to get us anywhere, now is it?" replied the four-legged beast. "Well, until you can come up with a better idea, I suggest you shut your stinkin' face, before I tear most of it off, and shove it down yer neck." As the arguing carried on, more seemed to jump in, unable to set aside their differing views for even a moment.

"ENOUGH!"

The hulking giant was immediately interrupted by Morbid's agitated scream, suddenly finding himself on the ground with a broken jaw made by his leader's powerful fist. "What the fuck is wrong with you!?" He said with a snarl, and some rasp in his tone, violently whipping his forearm into the wall behind him, putting quite the nice dent in its surface. "We're trapped somewhere in space on board a ship, and you have the nerve to argue amongst each other over which one of you is right!?"

CCKKkcnkKKKNKCC

"What was that!?" The ship suddenly vibrated just beneath their feet, catching very minute clicking noises, followed by a few loud bangs as if something was trying to force its way through. "We're going to go find outā€¦boys." Morbid took a few cautious steps towards the door leading into the hull, making quiet gestures with his hands, and his underlings followed suit, taking their positions around him. Most importantly was the quadruped described earlier, taking up its spot directly in front of the door, prepared to annihilate whatever threat came next. "Be preparedā€¦I don't want to lose any of my men."
--
Time: 22:26:43

As Thane's first attack misses he feels somewhat let down, however, that feeling is quickly overruled by the sudden blood splatter he sees within the fighter's cockpit, a grin spreading across his features. His battle plan proved to be successful, though the feeling of guilt resided within him. While the shape-shifter may have been fully capable of killing in the most gruesome of ways, he felt obligated to inflict as little pain as possible; watching as the blood and gore crystallized in space, giving the red planet a whole new meaning.

It was time to head back to the ship, attempting to make contact with Singar, though all he received was muffled voices what appeared to be a couple of explosions. Don't tell me, my brother has lost his temperā€¦ He knew Morbid was powerful, but, this ā€“ he could not take on by himself. The fact their kidnapper could teleport them onto his ship, upgrade the being's power, and have him fight off his own enemies was proof enough that Singar was not a man to be taken lightly.

I have to get back! I have to stop him otherwise he'll end up like that poor fighter

He turned around, and started heading back towards the ship, catching what appeared to be some aquatic giants of sorts, somewhat fragmented due to it having already passed by Singar's ship. That appears to be harmless. He glanced off to his left and spotted the swarm of creatures, watching them as they attempted to force their way inside the ship. Those are notā€¦

Thane kicked himself into overdrive, blasting off at the drones, his skin beginning shifting to that of a bio-metal ā€“ having been in this genetically altered state long enough, gave him a form of control over his new body. For Thane, fear will not be overtaken by resolve ā€“ no ā€“ just the opposite, the fingers of his right hand spreading open, crackling with raw electric power that he fired off in their direction along with a few of the bio-force reading missiles from his upper-bicep.

Mother Nature had been still been weaponized, but, it would no longer serve to quench the thirst of another's blood-lust.
--
Time: 22:35:21

Yet again, Tage's attacks were proving to be unsuccessful, though this had mainly to do with the fact that he was aiming to capture and not kill Gennosuke. So far, the ley-lines had been keeping the cyborg protected for the time being, the silvery tone amplifying as it tore into the frozen wasteland, tapping the geysers, which housed mass amounts of cryogen, stirring them to life by redirecting super-sonic frequencies from the harmonic chainsaw down into the pools. This in-turn created a pressure build-up - pressure he was going to use to send the geyser rocketing up and hopefully encase the ninja in a block of ice that would prove beneficial to Corruptor.

"Detecting multiple unknown life forms. Estimated numbers range within the billions, and giving off an incredible posterior magnetic field."

Just great, more interference for the metal dragon to deal with. Tage locked both rail-guns in place, and begun to unleash hell on whatever these things were; their talons razor sharp and their beaks which housed an array of teeth indicated that these things were more than likely carnivorous. He was able to make a tear in the swarm, but, it was no good - refilling the gap with more of those bird-like creatures. After about a minute of repeating the same process, it was obvious that they weren't going to hold up for shit, and that Tage would more or less have to rely on a different method, even if it meant straying away from his mission.

Tage opened his mouth sent a message to Gennosuke, setting the volume just barely below the level of agony: "I propose a temporary truce for the time being and that we redirect all of our focus onto the new threat. Besides, I have information for you on Magnus - the one who forced you to fight in that war with him. That creature you have inside your body is known as Xelas, and it was created by him, and I am its accidental offspring. It was my mission to capture and return you to a man who is in an ally of the fiend. Regardless, the choice is purely up to you." Tage turned his attention over to Autun and began speaking to him as well. "I have no idea who you are or what you want. You've already expressed your distaste for my looks, and I my sub-routines frankly, don't give a damn. I'm asking for your help, and offer nothing in return, because I have no clue as to what it is you desire. Either way, I'm requesting your assistance, since this doesn't seem to be a battle any of us can win individually."

With that, Tage gave no time for either one of them to answer, siphoning off energy from his core and into his mouth, producing a temporary vacuum before firing off a cloaked ball of nuclear energy, ten times more powerful than the first directly at the herd of Gravlari, followed by a volley of missiles and much, much more. He wasn't even going to give them any time to see if it worked, zipping right past Gennosuke as a secondary set of ley-lines came up in front of him that would act as a blockade to make sure the shockwave of his own attack didn't take him out.
--
Time: 22:43:08

Thomas strained himself to see what was going on, the runic-eye picking up the negative bio-force; having no clue as to what it was, though he figured it to be what inflicting all this extra pain on him. The essence appeared to be defenseless, but, it was actually taking energy from the Sarach and using it to form a large compact sphere around himself that existed within Thomas' body. In the span of about five minutes he was pushed back up to the surface, sweating profusely as he got and saw Terracrusher exchanging blows with the partially reformed Agron.

He wasn't going to stick around for this, snapping his head from left to right, narrowly weaving his way through a swarm of Drones, Demolishers, and Wraiths. His only defense was his skeleton; currently giving off more infected energy than it should normally be doing. That's when he spotted Havok on the ground, bleeding as well as a swarm of enemies coming their way. "Goddamn it! This is starting to remind me of Starship Troopers!" Well, at least he was quick to recover from the strain he just suffered as a result of Terracrusher's assault on his life.

"Get the fuck outta the way!" Racing toward the group of beasts, weapon drawn as he fired multiple shots at the sons of bitches, wreaking the very same havoc that they were about to wreak on Havok as he had done before. His bullets were loaded with pure energy by the runes fusing into them through the mineral-meddling ability and transferred through the magical items themselves. All that was left in their area now was a giant bloodstain and a dashing lieutenant.

Thomas didn't even give Thomas a chance to say hello, grabbing him by both arms and slapping him over his shoulder as Havok had done to him earlier. "I'm getting really fucking tired of this shit-hole. Just tell me where the nearest ride is, and I'll carry you there." He braced his gun against Havok's uninjured leg and continued firing, having to bite down on his shoe every so often to load in another clip so he wouldn't drop the guy.

"Oh, and thanks for saving my ass back there."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:45 pm

-Moved : See Below-
Last edited by Kronos on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Within the transient security of a light-carved tunnel of metallic flesh, Autun stands, listening to the cavalcade of havoc resonating around him. Grinding claws and flapping wings, it is deafening and unstoppable. Although he notes ā€“ and barely ā€“ Tageā€™s protestations, aggressively arguing that they band together and confront the massive threat, Autun does not desire to stop it; this temporal edifice merely serves his momentary security, and allows him to escape the onslaught of this horde.

In the cold darkness of his hastily-crafted adit, he gazes down at a butterfly resting innocently in his palm. With a dismissive shrug, he closes his fingers around it, and offers a little squeeze. As the blood splatters upon the ice rock of anti-Titan, he opens his eyes to a universe far away. As a parting gift, at his egress, a whirlwind of furious voltage spreads forth like Jupiterā€™s eye, enveloping and consuming without discrimination and transforming the Gravlari host upon anti-Titan into flakes of siliconized dust.
conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!