Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Invasion OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Invasion OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:58 am

Invasion is a role play based on our world being invaded by something rather unexpected. It is set in the year 2020 AD. If you wish to join, please read the first post in the role play thread. Then post your reply and information here! After you are accepted you will be notified and be allowed to join the role play!

Name: Rix Devon
Description: Rix has short and spiked black hair. His eyes are a light blue. The rare times he is seen, it is in loose blue jeans and various shirts with random and off the wall statements. He has a rather tan complexion for the little time he spends in sunlight. He stands at a fair six feet and one inch tall. He has a thing for sunglasses, buckled boots, chains, and most importantly over sized headphones.
History: Rix was always the quiet type, even if he had been well known in his school days; it was only because of how he treated others. He has always enjoyed the walk at night, listening to is nPod (aka Nextgen iPod). He generally kept it locked, to prevent others that do know him, from calling him. He's always had the obsession for computers and science fiction. The one place he is know at, online. He runs a various assortment of communities and websites devoted to art, games, and science fiction. This is really the most anyone knows about him. He's gone by the name Rix, Dev, and Devon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Re: Invasion OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:21 pm

Name: Isabelle Brisson

Description: Bella has short, crimson-red hair that extends in choppy layers to just past her chin, with bangs that brush near her eyes. It’s always a bit messy, with pieces sticking out at weird angles, giving it a bit of a bedhead look, but not too severely. She’s a small thing, standing at 5’ 3”, and weighing in at about 115 lbs. Her eyes are a bright, stormy blue, and quite expressive. Her skin is naturally pale, though an ever-so slight tan has developed recently. Her features are soft and would betray her, making her look slightly younger than she really is. A scar mars her face, the results of a scrap she got into a few years back with her best friend’s boyfriend. It starts near the top of her nose, next to her right eye, and extends downwards and to the right, slashing just beneath her bottom eyelid about halfway across her cheekbone. She doesn’t care to have it surgically repaired. Her normal outfits are regular for a nineteen year old; form-fitting t-shirts or tank tops, normally black and with some sort of design on the front, torn up old jeans, and a pair of heavy black boots. She wears a black, studded belt around her hips, several bracelets around her thin wrists, and a pair of fingerless black gloves that buckle at the wrists as well (though it’s only for decoration). Around her neck, she wears a black leather collar, thin like a choker, with a dogtag hanging off of it.

Background: Bella’s like has been very unamazing so far. She grew up the only child of two parents, a marine for her father, and a housewife for her mother. She was always a bit of a tomboy, never having much interest in dating (to this day she’s never had a boyfriend), and her father was more than delighted to raise her as such. She’s always been the type to pick fights easily; she received her scar fighting against the guy her best friend had been dating two years ago; he’d enjoyed treating her badly, so Bella had stepped in. He’d decided to pull a pocket knife, but he wasn’t very quick, and he still ended up losing. This past year, she moved out to begin making her way on her own. She currently works full-time at a coffee shop in town to pay the bills, but she really enjoys music, spending most of her free time with her guitar, or one of her several other instruments.
No, I'm not the girl your mother warned you about.

Her imagination was never this good. <33

:: Y'all heard about Mary-Jane?
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright;
She makes my heart sing. ::

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Name: Victoria "Vickie" Hummingtons
Description: Standing at 5'6, Vickie has very fair skin with deep blue eyes. A small mole hangs next to her left eye. Her short curly hair is almost platinum blonde. She's usually wearing the lasted styles.
History: Victoria was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She's always remained popular among her peers and aspires to be an actress. Although at times she seems self-centered or snobbish. She looks down at people without money.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Awesome, Kira and Mid, you are both in ^^. Have fun! I have posted our official beginning!

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:52 pm

Name: Kyle Harth

Description: Kyle can usually by recognized by his height, which is about 6'1". He has light brown, militaristic cut hair, and there are blonde spots near his forehead, a birth defect. His eyes are a also a shade of brown, although considerably darker than the tone of his hair. Most of the time, when he is in his hometown, he walks around in a casual button-up shirt, with khaki shorts, which reflect the usual warm weather there. His shyness often embarrasses him, since he stands out from most of the crowd.

Background: When Kyle was born in the late twentieth century, the world was in a warring position, although he was too young to understand. The events of 9/11 didn't seem to bother him, when he was only three, and when he grew up later, the effects of terrorism wore off, and since the people around him didn't care, he didn't. Around junior high, Kyle discovered the sport of baseball, and ever since, he has enjoyed playing it, and he became a huge Atlanta Braves fan. Later, as he graduated from high school, he chose to go to the University of Houston for a master's degree in teaching, and now he is just back from Texas, ready to find another school where he can hone his teaching skills even more. Since Kyle has an extended break over the summer, he's eager to find a part-time teaching job or something that will deal with coaching baseball.

(19:04:57) Surreal: I'm not STOOOOPIT!
(19:05:03) Surreal: >>
(19:05:09) Surreal: I'm just not very smart

Image <-Click it

phouse512
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Welcome to the game Phouse! Glad to have you with us!

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:25 am

I forgot to ask, are we all suppose to wake up at the same spot?

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:33 am

Pretty much, it says we're in the same town. So I guess same neighborhood would be best.

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:41 am

Vexar, do we need any members of the Strategic Air Command(Cold War Bunker Guys) or the USA Army? Or quite possibly the remains of the USAF?

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:45 am

No, for story reasons I cannot explain why. However there will be no military or mercs for hire within this roleplay. Just regular ol' people.

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:47 am

Ah well.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:29 pm

No, for story reasons I cannot explain why. However there will be no military or mercs for hire within this roleplay. Just regular ol' people.

Called me out quickly. I like the idea though, Vex. I'll be watching. =)

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emptycarousel on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:57 pm

I. Am. Addicted already.
Are there still availabilities/are you still considering additional characters?
If so, I admit that I'm inspired to join.

For your consideration Vexar:

Name: Beau Channels

Description: Imagine if the Aryan-race had a poster child. Beau's family, the prestigious Channels, is famously beautiful. Each member has the bone structure photographers long for, blond hair playboys hunt for, and blue eyes people buy colored contacts for. Beau was born into beauty...bred to be beautiful. He is a brand, nothing more. He was cut from a cookie-cutter, and is found in the brand IIM clothing.

Background: Iota Iota Mu! Ra! Ra! Ra! The Channels men hold a legacy at Georgia State University's Fraternity, IIM (Iota Iota Mu). Beau's father and uncle were chapter chair-members, as were their father and their father's father, etc. Beau, again, was bred to live this lifestyle and reigns as president of IIM. Having just turned 21, he's consumed in his social life. Being the famous Channel boy, Beau has plenty of acquaintances, but--considering his slightly pompous and shallow persona--has few friends. He knows how to have fun, he knows how to make you feel tiny, he knows that he's better than you, and (well...) what else does he need to know?

((Edited:: corrected myself; changed UG-Atlanta to GSU.))
Last edited by emptycarousel on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emptycarousel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:59 pm

Sorry about the late reply!Warhammer Online has me hooked! Anyways, Good post Mid! I'll be working on a reply to the two posts by tomorrow.

Emptycarousel> Welcome to the game mate! Go ahead and post ^^

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:34 pm

Yay! I want here to be a rich snob XD

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emptycarousel on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:47 pm

Yee! Snobs ftw!

Thank you kindly, Vexar!! =]

emptycarousel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slyard on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:39 am

Honestly? The most interesting RP I've seen here yet! Where have you been all my life, babe? I hope this is okay. I've always wanted to make a character like this.

Name: Nevin Lexley

Description: Nevin has your basic programming nerd look. He has short, messy brown hair, a small and narrow face, and amazingly dull green eyes. He stands at a mere 4’3” and has a naturally small build. His nose leans slightly to the right, and his neck is unsually long. Other than that, he’s just the type of guy you wouldn’t give a second glace at if you passed him on the street. That is, during the day.

At night, Nevin is something more. He is an avid sword collector and a long-time battojutsu student. Before he moved to Lawrenceville, Nevin became interested in the sword arts, probably because of his low self-esteem. He is still timid and shy at work during the day, but when he straps on his favorite katana, he becomes something else.

Zetsurin: hur

History: Nevin was one of the super nerds. He was one of those Dungeons and Dragon playing kids that only hung out with his DnD group. He was never picked on directly, but he always felt that people accept you only if they talk to you. He graduated from the University of Texas at Dallas with his Masters in Computer Science in 4 years. He stayed in Texas working for several non-descript companies. He became an avid sword collector and enrolled in battojutsu classes. Nevin saved up money for 17 years and moved to Lawrenceville, where he decided he would take a long, drawn-out vacation. In the month he’s been here, he’s built up a reputation. He’s been known to sit on his roof during the nights and practice on his many watermelons during the day. Not much else is known about this reclusive swordsman.

Slyard
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AliceInWonderland on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:42 am

Still accepting?
Hope so because here comes my character sheet. Hope my char

Name: Ericka Bates

Description: Pic 1 in siggie. Ericka is a pretty short woman stand at only 5’3 due to her short torso, though her legs were of normal length, yet her body type couldn’t be anything but normal. She couldn’t be described as skinny in the aim for accuracy but there were no rolls on her stomach or muffin top over her jeans; and she still hadn’t lost her defining feminine silhouette. Her build was simply ordinary. The width of her shoulders was slightly longer then that of her hips though her waist pulled in tighter then either of the other two.

Her black hair fell in corkscrew curls, stopping just at the nape of her neck. One side is cropped short and tappered to her skull while the other side hangs down past her jaw line. On the longer side, the soft girls fall in feathered layers. Her features were similar to most black women of America along with the smooth brown skin. The bridge seemed to start where her eyes meet instead of at her eyebrows as it dipped inward before leading to her flat nose above her plump lips. The rest of her face consisted off full, dimpled cheeks along with a short forehead and brown eyes.

History: Ericka was raised middle-class. Though nothing was handed to her on a silver platter, she did receive a healthy dose of spoiling before setting out on her own. She is originally from Georgia and had no problem getting accepted to GSU. With the help of money that had been saved up and scholarships, she leads a decent life of school, work and partying. A good girl with a few bad habits, Ericka has no problem rolling up her sleeves to do what’s necessary. She tries to keep up her reputation of being a tough, confident young women but down at heart she is a softie. Though she can appear strong in front of people whom she does not know, those who know her best know that she gets her strength from others rather then herself.
(21:15:34) Twilight_Maiya: Alice: I wanna be ya bottom chick o_o demote Saken

AliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:51 am

Slayard and Alice, glad to have you both with us! Post when you can! And, thanks for the compliments. I don't make role plays often, but when I do I try to make them original!

Edit:
I see a lot of new role players come across this site. Normally they don't get let into good role plays by other members because they are new. I tell you what, Carousel, you're the example of why new players need to be let into the good role plays! Awesome post.

Update:
Want to show off that you're in this roleplay?

Copy and paste this code into your signature to show off the role play to others ^^
Code: Select all
[center][url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/invasion-t10927.html][img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/lostneuphoria/invasion.png[/img][/url][/center]

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emptycarousel on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:44 pm

^-^ I faint.

Thank you for the compliment Vexar and, ultimately, for accepting me into the RP!! And, THANK YOU for the Invasion sig!

I did research on Lawernceville, GA (since I live nowhere near Georgia), and it's a quaint place that pridefully embraces its past. Great location....2020 wipes out a decent place. hahaha

emptycarousel
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!