Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Kage no Shikaku - Assassin of Shadows ((Ninjas, yo! OOC))

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Kage no Shikaku - Assassin of Shadows ((Ninjas, yo! OOC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Kage no Shikaku

Assassin of Shadow

For thousands of years, they have existed, those who live, thrive in the darkness of night, invisible killers who bring death with the weapons called stealth and silence. Cunning, merciless, lethal, since the fuedal days they have stayed in the background, silently pulling strings to orchestrate the events that would come to pass. In those days, they fought great wars against the samurai, among blood-stained sakura blossoms in the land of fuedal Japan. They've gone by many names, and been known in many forms, but their most common title is one anyone will recognize; they're known to most as ninja.

Their presence was known to all at one point, the idea of them striking fear into the hearts of many. As the ages passed, slowly, their names faded away, seeming to disappear into the background of history until many were no longer even certain that they had ever existed. Time moved on, leaving the ancient ninja clans behind it, or so it would appear.

The year is 2008, and in reality, the ninja lineage is still alive and well. In the background, in the shadows, still continuing to pull the strings. Only now, instead of using only kunai and shuriken, they utilize firearms, smoke grenades, blades, and anything else they can use while maintaining their invisibility. They are a massive organization, with branches in every area of the earth. Not many people believe that they exist, which, really, just makes their job a lot easier.

-----------------------

Setting

This takes place in a modern day world, in an unnamed city in the US. The location will be changing as the story progresses. The year is 2008, and we'll be opening in a large city, as per stated ;D

The Basics

Alright. The "organization" that the ninja work from doesn't really have an official name. The members of this group are just what you'd expect from a ninja, just with a modern twist. They aren't only born into this position, although that is one way that they enter. More often though, members are selected at random, and abducted as infants to be brought to a secluded training facility; there is one of these facilities situated in every country. For the first six years of their lives, they are raised as normal children by families within the organization. Once they reach age six, they begin their training, which includes physical training, educational training, and weapons and combat instruction. They are always taught at least one form of martial arts, and are taught each of the weaknesses the human body has, all of the poisons and what they could do to a person, etc, etc, you get the picture.

This basic training continues until the age of twelve, when they move on into their advanced training.

This is the same basic concept, only more indepth; it sort of perfects what they've been taught and adds on. At this point, they begin to take part in jobs, mostly only as help, always accompanied by more experienced ninja. This training continues until they're eighteen, when they graduate from training and begin to take on jobs on their own.

Once graduated, they up their ranks based on their experience and success, as well as the training they continue to undergo throughout their lives.

Although solo jobs are very common, there are times, when the task is a little bit bigger and requires more participants, than ninja will team up to complete it. There are squadrons, similar to in the military, which consist of about fifty people. These are the ones who train together, sleep in the same building, and spend most of their time doing everyday tasks together. However, they are not required to do jobs together, and members of different squadrons are definately allowed to team up.

Every member is given a tiny black tattoo behind their left ear, the mark of a "Shikaku", which will remain as long as they live, and helps other members identify them.

There is a vast array of weapons at your disposal, from swords and knives to firearms (silenced, of course) and explosives. Which you choose depends on the nature of the job you're taking, of course, and how necessary it is that you remain undetected.

One more thing. Although every branch of the organization is essentially part of the same core group, every branch, in each different country, is indepentantly run. They have different ways of life and customs, and yes, rivalries do crop up between the different factions. Because of this, the state of peace is a fragile one, and the threat of attack from another faction is always present.

Rules

1. No godmodding. Nobody likes it.

2. No pulling any bloody Naruto crap. Seriously.

3. Swearing is permitted, to an extent. I don't want to see you dropping the f. bomb every couple of moments.

4. Post profiles here in the OOC thread.

5. Be active. Post at least once every two days, If you're going to be away for a while, or if you're going to drop out, let everyone know.

6. Romance and violence are both human nature, and make for an interesting story. But please, keep it under control. If the clothes start flying or anything, take it to PMs.

7. I can change, add to, or remove rules as I please. Bear that in mind.

8. Yes, your character can die. Be realistic about it; if you're in a situation that it's honestly ridiculous for you to be able to escape from... you're dead. If there's confusion, have me check it out and I'll say whether I think you ought to be dead or not. But I think you're all mature enough to know yourselves.

Basic Character Profile

You can add to this if you wish.

Name:

Age (May not be under eighteen):

Appearance:

Personality:

Other:

A bio is not necessary, since most people will have the exact same past as everyone else. However, if you wish, you may add one.
Last edited by Kira Walker on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No, I'm not the girl your mother warned you about.

Her imagination was never this good. <33

:: Y'all heard about Mary-Jane?
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright;
She makes my heart sing. ::

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Kage no Shikaku - Assassin of Shadows ((Ninjas, yo! OOC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gusty on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:18 pm

I BUMP! And Join tommorow!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gusty
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Awesome, delay tactics! xD

Righteous ^,^ See you then.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:27 pm

Name: Nieran Sukaida

Appearance: Middle length hair, worn in many styles. Sometimes spiked, other times straigthened and long. The black tone of it is equivalent to that of midnight black, with a blue streak here and there. He has one piercing, a stab through his lower lip. It is nothing but a bar, discreet and metallic on his lip.

Nieran's face is very uniformly handsome. His chiseled jaw bones bring out the perfection in his face, though no one notices. His eyes are a piercing blue, complimented by the strange fangs that grow where his normal canines should be.

While his body is well toned, some people are put off by the fact that he is so skinny. He weighs about 175lbs and stands at a height of 6' flat. He considers his abs his most redeeming feature, most would argue that they are perfect, and he believes this to be true.

When he is not on a mission, his clothing is quite within the metal style. His pants are dark blue jeans, tightly incasing his legs. His shirt is a standard black t-shirt, it has red stripes down the front of it, like bloody claw marks or something similar. All of this is incased by the long black trench coat he wears.

Personality: Nieran is quite reserved. He rarely speaks, but when he does, it is usually rooted deeply in some form of meaning. The only time you can see him open, is when he is working. When he is on a job, he focuses perfectly and responds in the blink of an eye. If you get Nieran talking about work, he will carry a short conversation.

Other: Though he is so withdrawn, he takes immense pleasure out of performing. He is a vocalist and keyboard player, though he prefers to play his black keytar over a normal keyboard. Nieran has had many issues with his bandmates being drinkers and druggies, which is only enhanced by the fact that he hates alchohol. Since then, he has stopped performing with groups and just plays quietly in his room from time to time.
Last edited by Echo on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- http://www.roleplaygateway.com/under-the-white-sheet-ooc-sign-t26650.html -
Under The White Sheet - Vampire RP - We need serious, long posting, RPers! Join now!

Echo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:54 pm

Name: Dokuso Kyoukou

Age (May not be under eighteen):25

Appearance:Image

Personality:Quiet and calculating, he always plans things out before making a move, but if he has to, he will improvise. He is slow to trust people, and he trusts very few people. On missions, he is utterly silent, and won't even talk to team mates unless it is his last resort. He prefers the old methods of the ninjas over newer technology.

Other: He carries the kama-chain combo in the picture, as well as a katana. He is also a master of poisons and toxins. His weapons are coated in his own special poison, and he is constantly making newer, deadlier poisons for him to use on his missions.
Last edited by ZenMon on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Both accepted, awesome job ;D We'll wait on a few more players, and then I'll start up the IC thread.

Name: Kira Walker

Appearance: Blood-red hair that falls in choppy layers down to around her shoulders, and fierce, expressive bright blue eyes. Her skintone is about average, if not slightly pale. She's a bit on the short side, standing at 5' 3" tall, and has a slender, toned body, weighing in at about 114 lbs. She's got a tattoo in the small of her back of a Ying-Yang encircled by a Chinese dragon. Her normal outfit, when she's not doing a job, consists of a large range of (mostly black) well-fitting rocker tank tops, and various pairs of badly torn up jeans and denim cut-offs, and her old combat boots. When she's off on a job, her outfits are simple, consisting of black, form-fitting black shirts, black shorts or pants that are normally a little bit looser, and usually have several pockets or compartments to hold items she might need in, and a pair of simpler, less heavy black boots that comr up to just above her ankle. She normally also wears gloves and a headband (the headband has no real purpose usually, she just thinks it looks cool. However, if she ever needs to reveal herself, she uses it as a makeshift mask to cover the lower half of her face).

Personality:Fiery and self-confident, though she can on occassion be a bit quiet around people she doesn't know. She'd hard-headed, very opinionated. and normally very vocal about those opinions. She's honest and frank to the point of bluntness, and can be a bit sarcastic to boot; this has led some people to believe that she's kind of a mean person. She's not a very trusting individual at first, but she's very open with people she does trust and loyal till the end for her friends. She's got a bit of a bad temper, which can get set off easily; if she's embarrassed, hurt, humiliated, or pissed, chances are, most of the time she shows it by... well, getting pissed. She tries to act all tough, but in reality it's just a front. She's quite self-concious about herself in reality, and fronts as very confident to try and cover it up.

Other: She enjoys alcohol, but not too much, and every once in a while you can catch her smoking, if she's been through a seriously stressful time. She absolutely loves sushi, seafood, and sweet stuff.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:50 pm

Hey guys, I added a bit to his appearance and the other catagory, wanted to throw in a few more details. My character just didn't feel quite complete without them :P

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:00 pm

Awesome, I love it. You're right, adding smaller details like that is what gives the characters more depth. I like it =D

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:05 pm

XD Thank you Kira.
Well yeah, I felt he needed a musical interest...being so reserved and such, he has to have something occupying his freetime. When you are off work and have no friends, you gotta be doing something! I mean honestly...:P
Sorry if this is spam, thought it was necessary.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 pm

No, it's not spamming, this is the OOC thread so it's alright xD

I was gonna have my girl as a guitarist, but I decided against it. I dunno... it just didn't seem like she'd have a lot of free time, having just graduated.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:08 am

Yeah, I understand.
Especially since your girl is very outspoken, she will probably be busy arguing with people the whole time my character is going to be in the corner playing his keytar and humming.

Oh and btw, I stole your magic: the gathering thingeh xD

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gusty on Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:07 am

*Reads both Magic thingiees*

Why's everyone gotta be hatin on white?

Can my charrie be a disbanded Ninja who has a bounty on his head for disbanding?

gusty
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:29 am

Haha xD

No worries.

And because White's very plain >.>

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

As per request ... :roll:

Name: Robert Archer

Appearance: Due to a distinct life of combat, Archer is adorned in a rough and tumble plate carrier. Well capable of withstanding most pistol calibers. Strapped above his carrier is a blacked out tactical vest, coupled with numerous amounts of magazine wells and the likes. All dedicated to keeping himself protected in the event he is hit, though he brags to this day his invincibility.

Not particularly agreeing with the whole "Head-gear protects your head" theory, he commonly goes unprotected into battle. He's thick headed, so nothing can hurt him, right? Mottled brown hair with a rather growing amount of gray, his features roughened by a constant stream of stress. He retains a majority of his attractive features from his days of ignorance and invincibility. Darkened, strained green eyes are constantly surveying surroundings and possibilities at all times, though. And he still possesses a rather dangerous reputation.

Personality: Rough and tumble, Archer has little left to prepare for in his waning years in the Private Sector. Though most of his old friends had retired nearly a decade before him, he was still compelled to rake in the dough after many gave him the green light to retire. Most Private Contractors are expected to retire within twenty years of their first contract, Archer's been taking them for nearly twenty five. Planning on calling it quits soon, he makes attempts for one last job. It looks as if one's finally arisen, good for him.
Last edited by AzricanRepublic on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:48 am

Glad to have you here.
Thanks for accepting me in your Nations RP as well, I can't wait to unleash my superweapons...*grin*

But, I am so psyched for this RP. When is it going to start?

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:51 am

I'm typing it up and posting it today ;D

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gusty on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:39 pm

GAH!!! I Meant to post my charrie, but I forgot! And now I have to leave! Tommorw, I promise XP

gusty
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Aalright xD IC thread is open, all.

Linkage -

kage-shikaku-assassin-sahdow-ninjas-t9453.html

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:56 pm

Psh. I already posted in that shit girl. XD

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:34 pm

On top of things, ain't cha?

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!