Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legend of Elenia (OOC) *Restarted* [closed]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Legend of Elenia (OOC) *Restarted*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:33 pm

oblivion you youngin.
Orly?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FemalePirateCaptain on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Name: Felicity Heldman
Race: Human
Appearance: Image
Weapon: No real weapons, but she always carries around her tool kit which includes power wrench, power hammer, plasma injector, laser drill etc.
Abilities: None, but skilled in mechanics. She can repair anything she is familiar with really quickly, and is quite quick to figure out the workings of any unfamiliar machines and then she will be able to repair/maintain them.
Bio: Grew up on the central Planet of Galaphron, a planet famed for their economic prowess, being one of the most important planets for the galactic economy with many of the richest galactic companies housing their headquarters there. Her parents were both very important accountants raking in the money for 2 major corporations who tended to work together a lot, that is how her parents met up. She was pushed to be an accountant or at least someone in economy, but she never had any talent in that sort of stuff. Her paternal grandfather who was originally from planet Riltor Prime, an all rounder planet, not particularly known for anything and was always interested in machines. So on her 10th birthday sent her a mechanics for beginners book as a present. She found this to be really interesting and always looked forward to her grandfather's presents as her parents never gave her money as she would always waste it on something useless. She found out quickly that she was a natural at mechanics, so at 16 she ran away from home stealing her parents emergency money supply. She left and went to the Central Institute of Mechanics and took an advanced mechanics course on a scholarship. By the age of 19, she graduated with top honours and set off around the central planets looking for a job. But unfortunately she was unable to find legitimate work as employers either reject her cause she is a young woman or they want to enjoy special benefits which she does not want to do. So now she is on a central planet(the one mentioned Xavier Kazer is on and is now engaging the shadier parts of the planet looking for work.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FemalePirateCaptain
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raijn on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:09 pm

I might have missed it, my english isn't as good as it could've been, especially this late at night, but are robots/androids allowed?
Overconfidence: "There's only seven sharp sides to that thing! We're three! It can't possibly maim more than one of us before we manage to kill it!"

Raijn
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:12 pm

i'm assuming, since one person already accepted is pretty much an android.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raijn on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:22 pm

@ Anderan: Yeah, I saw that, but I wanted to ask to be sure :P

Raijn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrUniqueRoleplay on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:38 pm

My character is not an android, androids are artificial creations that are designed to be as human as possible, my character is not artificially created, but they reproduce naturally, and they are not cyborgs as they have no synthetic parts to them (I know you didn't mention cyborgs, but they are also a mixture of machine and biological so that's why I mentioned them. I decided to call them a biological machine race as they are a completely natural being that has many similarities to machines, hence a machine that is completely biological and natural.

MrUniqueRoleplay
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raijn on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Character Sheet:

Name: TGH1260 "Jane Smith".
Race: Android
Appearance:
http://chopstickmadness.deviantart.com/ ... d-57406131
TGH appears to be a young girl/boy about the age of 20-25. It's face is always completely neutral and void of any emotion what so ever.
Weapon: TGH does not use weapons, but is in return quite hard to destroy (though absolutely not impossible). It's quite a bit stronger and faster than the average creature, and may use this in order to slam it's enemy.
Abilities: The TGH is exeptionally good at math, and has an in-built program to help it understand and learn faster than any creature. Edit: It also needs a certain understanding of machinery in order to repair itself after being damaged.
Bio: TGH was built for understanding and learning about other species. It travels around, looking for mercenary work in order to learn the most it can.
Last edited by Raijn on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raijn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:48 pm

MrUniqeRoleplay, I have to ask, did the species evolve naturally or was it created?

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrUniqueRoleplay on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:30 pm

No because robots are also artificially made and in science fiction terms, the only difference between robots and androids are that robots are not made to be as human as possible even if they may be humanoid. And since my race do look human without altering their appearance, robot is further away than an android. They are simply called a biological machine race because although they are completely biological, they have many similarities to a machine. The race is called mechnoid and they should be considered a humanoid race, even though they may act like and many similarities to robots/androids/cyborgs or whatever including having a metallic composition that hardness can change from as soft as human skin to the hardness of spaceship armour. But I coined them as a biological machine race because humans are always naming things wrongly, like how most berries are not actually berries so that is the subcategory which they fall under which the humans specifically made for them.

P.S. Raijn I think my character will be quite interested in your character, being an android created by lifeforms with biological thinking processes, as their home planet did have organic life, plants and animals, no advanced races though but they got killed off by them as they were viewed as useless to the mechnoids, leaving only them on the planet except from the few test specimens that were kept and bread to find out as much information about them as possible, in fact several of their technological breakthroughs were started off by their data from animal and plant experiments. Although the android would be quite primitive to the ones on his planet and out processed by himself, but I guess he will find your character useful as it(because it doesn't have a gender) can do mathematical calculations that he can't be bothered to do because it is too simple and boring.

Also this is my character's personality coming through and is what he will think.

MrUniqueRoleplay
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:34 pm

i realize "robot" was an incorrect term to use, which is why i had edited my post.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the fox without on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Name:Abel
Race:Experiment
Appearance:Image
Weapon:2 combat knives, A laser pistol as well as regular one, and 50. calibur Barret, though he usually has few bullets for its so will often turn it into a club, he calls it Bianca .
Abilities:Basic knowledge of most types of vehicles, from motorcycles and cars to tanks and starships, he can get you from point a to point b, just don't expect a lot of style outside a single person fighter ship. Excellent shot with a gun, and fair in CQC, though anyone with a fair amount of training will present a problem. Enhanced endurance, and an extreme amount of patience if he becomes interested in something, of spending days to work out the dents and other problems in his Barret after going into battle.
Bio:Abel was one of many attempts of Earth's military to create a cheaper and more effecient force to strengthen their position in the galactic standing, splicing human and native animals into a fully developed fetus, grown within a cow's womb, taking only a couple of years to grow to the basic teenage years, the growth process slowing down at that point, the average life span going to 25 years old.

Abel had been trained since he was 3, as well as the others that had been bred with him for the third generation of the militaries forces, being
strict regiments followed everyday, and most ending being sent back to their rooms, though there were occasionally others that had been taken away, some of them obviously had a problem, over violent, mental degeneration, internal physical degeneration, all assumed by products of problems with the genetic tampering in the begining. The other side of it was that it would seem just as many would be taken away without any obvious reasons.

During this time, Abel became attached to another of the experiments, Jacob, and often would watch each others back in the missions they would be sent on to test thier progress, and Jacob would often talk of diffrent strategies they could have used on the previous mission, though this was often tuned out by Abel, prefering to stick as loosely to the plan as he could without pissing off the commanders. But soon Jacob began to tire of only seeing the outside when they we're sent to kill someone. He began talking endlessly of ways to get out, watching gaurd patrols, and trying to watch for chances he could run, though Abel simply ignored it, content with his life, and then one day he just didn't show up anymore. Abel asked the gaurds for any information about him, but they simply told him that he had be reassigned, though it seemed to be a weak explination, he accepted it, fearing the explanation he expected would be true and too weak to want find it was so. So he continued about his life, Jacob being the only thing that had changed.

Soon a year had passed, and he had been in the facility for 5 years at this point, he had finished training for the day, the door to his room locking behind him, and preparing to fall asleep when he heard the sound of his door unlocking once again, seeming to open by itself. He stared at the door for close to an hour, debating wether or not to take this chance, before finally his curiousity finally overtook him, opening the door, and steping into the hallway. Once out there he stood for a few moments, deciding what to do now, when the lights began to flicker wildly down the hallway, grabbing his attention, though they stooped as soon as he reached them, only to start further on, as well as at turns, before leading him to the holding cells, leading him to a locked door with a keypad lock on it. Near the door he saw a slip of paper with his name on it. Picking it up, he saw a series of numbers, and Jacob's name. He typed the sequence in, the door unlocking and allowing him to open the door, finding withing it Jacob in poor condition, fur missing in spots, some from lack of food, others where he had been burned, the scabs looking badly infected. Finding him had led Abel to believe that this had somehow been aranged by Jacob, but he assured him that this was nbot his plan, though he had expected Abel to get him eventually, and had made a plan to escape once he did. He led Abel through the facility avoiding the patrols, taking a moment to pause only once they were outside on the island it was situated on, breathing deeply and and staring at the stars, when a shot rang out, hitting Jacob in the back, stopping in his chest. Panicing, Abel grabbed Jacob and ran for the nearest cliff, jumping off it into the water below, dragging himself and Jacob to the shore, but by then his body had given out, dead by the time Abel had reached the shore. In a daze for days, he got the bullet out of the wound, cleaning it and dressing the wound.

Weeks afterwards he finally snapped out of it, giving th body a proper burail, despite its deep decent into decomposure. He had kept the bullet, and now focused his attention on it researching all he could on it, until finally finding the tyoe of gun it had come from and serial number of the one in it had come from. With this information in mind, he headed back to the place he had so recently escaped under the cover of night, sliently making his way to the armory, cursing when he couldn't locate it, and heading for the gaurd towers, cutting off their calls for help by sinking his teeth into their throats, having to do this 4 times until finding the correct gun, a 50. Cal Barret, serial nuber 3141\1C4, soon renamed Bianca.

After escaping, he started planing his moves out, amused slightly that some of Jacobs personality seemed to have imbeded itself in him, setting up contingency plans incase the military killed him, informing him that if he were to die, it would set off a chain of events leading to the general populace learning of what was happening within that facility. It seems to have worked, he hasn't had any problems from the since, and has even gotten a few jobs from them, none that he's accepted. He has setup himself as a mercanary, having made a name for himself since in the year and a half since he started.
Last edited by the fox without on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Paraniod.Probably. But just because you can't see the invisible demon about to bite your face off, doesn't mean its not there."-Harry Dresden

the fox without
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrUniqueRoleplay on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:18 pm

Well I have added some information in my character post, but they evolved naturally, a rather unique way of evolving, they were definitely not created, neither was the living metal, it was something that they currently said just happened as they can not of yet find a reason of how the living metal came to be and put it down to luck that the meteorite crashed on that planet and not a lifeless one. They have scanned for similar lifeforms or the metal, and have not found anything like it and all attempts at recreating it have failed, thus making them believe that it must be some natural phenomenon that created this tiny amount of living metal that spawned their race. And guess what they do with the dead bodies, they store the oil like substance to use for transfusions and to power their machines that they build and they use the metal part of their dead bodies(which is still alive) for special metal needs, like their spaceship armour which slowly regenerates itself when charged with electricity), and the thing is after they die, the metal hardness can get changed by special generators that the mechnoid's built to mimic their brain functions, but it doesn't need a constant amount of electricity to maintain that hardness and will only change when the special generator is used again. But after another 500 years or so the metal starts to break down on the atomic level and thus it gets replaced.

MrUniqueRoleplay
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:52 pm

all right, then I take back my original "androids" assumption, because if they had been created then it wouldn't have mattered how they reproduced they would still have been androids.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raijn on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:28 pm

This really sounds like fun, I hope I'm accepted :D

Raijn
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nimh on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Is this enough people Oblivion?
You have no power over me...

Nimh
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrUniqueRoleplay on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Yeah, I wonder what sort of spaceship we will be using as our space pirate vessel, because whatever we use, I'm sure that my character will be able to upgrade its systems given the necessary materials for it, obviously he won't upgrade it to a mechnoid standard, but even upgrading up to a few generations of mechnoid technologies ago should make it quite an advanced pirate ship that can deal with most other ships even when there is a group of them. That is if my character wants to upgrade the ship that is and if they have the materials needed to upgrade it, I don't know whether he will want to yet.

MrUniqueRoleplay
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissDoomofDoom on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:29 am

Name: Trilia Sadrew
Race: human
Appearance: Image
Weapon: A laser revolver, laser dagger
Abilities: No powers, but is an extremely good pilot capabe of flying through the deadly Frupian Space Pass, (which contains asteroid fields, plasma storms, gravity wells), safely in a bulky ship, and breaking into and hotwiring space ships.
Bio: Born on the frontier planet Gritlor IV, her mother died in childbirth and her father was a space courier. He would always take her on his assignments even when she was a baby. He even learned her how to fly his ship at the age of 5 and he found her to be a natural pilot and by the age of 7 had become a better pilot than him.

On her 8th birthday he accepted an assignment which he had to fly through the Frupian Space Pass, which because of the dangers of it, went alone forcing her to stay at home alone. A few hours after he set off she got a phone call, they told her that her father's ship had a bad collision in the Frupian Space Pass and had sent an SOS signal 10 minutes ago. But all of their pilots were busy at the moment and that they couldn't afford to pay the rescue fee for a rescue team to get him so he will die so sorry for your loss. So right away she ran to her father's courier company, using her father's spare card gained access to their dock and broke into and hotwired their fastest shuttle capable of carring 3 people.

She pushed the ship to near breaking point, almost overheating the engines and flew into the Frupian Space Pass looking for her father. She quickly found her dad's ship, which had crashed landed on a big asteroid, she perfectly landed on it, put on a space suit and went over to her father's ship to rescue him. When she got to the cockpit, she found that her dad had ran out of air 5 minutes before she got their. So she picked up her father's body which was easy due to the artificial gravity system being broken and the low gravity on the asteroid and placed him in the shuttle and then flew out of the opposite end of the Frupian Space Pass and docked in a nearby independant space station.

Some worker came to pick her up and she explained her story. He felt sorry for her, so he told his bosses about it and how he was going to return her to her home planet and give her dad a space funeral. He arranged the space funeral, attended it with her. Instead of returning her to her home planet he gave her some money, enough to get her to a decent planet where she could find a new family and a laser revolver and laser dagger for protection and instead dropped her off on the nearby transportation planet of Crossia Pathia. But instead she used the money to travel to the central planets in order to look for piloting work.

She knew she was too young for legitimate work and thus looked for less legitimate work. At first she got laughed at, but when one space gang got her as their only applicant, they gave her a test run and saw her incredible ability to pilot a ship and gave her the job. She piloted perfectly and got away from the chasing law enforcement and got her share of money, which was a tiny amont compared to the others. Then she overheard that they had got their use out of her and was going to kill her. So she broke into their ship and flew it as quickly as possible to the next central planet where she abandoned it because she knew that they would be able to track this ship down. Then she continued doing such jobs, leaving the planet whenever a gang who wanted her dead caught up to her,(quite a few) most often by stealing a ship and then ditching it.

Now she is currently on the central planet where Xavier Kazer is staying. She is staying in a sleezy motel in the heart of the shady part of the planet. She is currently looking for work that will preferably go all over the galaxy so she can avoid the space gangs, or a job with people she can trust who will protect her against the numerous space gangs after her.

MissDoomofDoom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreyWaters on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:00 am

Name: Gordian Forger
Species: Bellicose - Field Officer

Appearance: Remarkably humanoid, as a Bellicose his skin is pale with a tint of grey. Bellicose hair and skin are also rougher than a human's. Gordian stands 6'1" (Earth Standard) with short, manageable, black hair pushed back. He only feels comfortable in well-fitted clothes, due to life in the military, and prefers neutral colors; although, he is now loving being out of uniform. As a field officer, Gordian is thin with powerful, corded muscles; the kind that are easy to miss under long sleeves. He also will usually have a sidearm and vibro-knife belted to his thigh, when it's appropriate, and another vibro-knife stashed elsewhere.

As for Gordian's face, he has been shaving less often since leaving the military, so he's usually a bit scruffy. He has a few old scars, pale-green eyes and a small lens on either side of his nose between his eyes.

Weapon: Changes frequently

Abilities: Bred to be the perfect field officer, Gordian is a master tactician and commander, making him a great ally in a fight. Thanks to the controlled breeding, he's also quite strong and quick. Gordian was raised by his trainers, so he's plenty capable in hand-to-hand combat and proficient with most firearms. He also has optical implants (the lenses between his eyes) connected directly to his optical nerves and a transmitter in his inner ear.

A little about Gordian's species: First off, there are two branches to his species: the Bellicose and the Pugnacians. They started out as a single species with many races and many religions, much like Earth today. Two of the religions were led by particularly violent churches. It wasn't long before they were the only two religions left and the various governments on their planet were really only pretending to lead the people. The churches assumed command of the governments and militaries soon after. As the war escalated, the planet became too small and the Pugnacians moved most of their population to a colony planet in a similar orbit in the solar system.

It should also be said that the extreme focus on war has led to a few other extremes. Most notable would be the controlled breeding. Everyone in the two races was selectively bred for a specific purpose: fighting, leading, working, etc. As well, Bellicose and Pugnacian weapons are some of the best in the galaxy and well sought after on the black market, but contact with the two worlds is against the law. It was thought best that neither race gain the ability to leave their solar system.

Bio: Gordian was designed to lead troops in combat and that is what he's good at. The only problem with designing an officer to be intelegent is that with every intelegent person there is the chance he will escape from his patriotic brainwashing and start thinking for himself; as was the case with Gordian Forger. Gordian continued to play the patriot of course, but he was quite dispassionate about the war. So when ship of foolhardy pirates sailing up to an outer collony to try to buy weapons was captured, Gordian, on a whim, helped them escape and left with them.

Now he's wandering the worlds and rather enjoying them. He enjoys throwing people off balance, as they are much more prone to fear than he is. He's been at war since the day he was born, so that's not hard. Gordian has also developed a habit of doing whatever he likes, as most people outside his solar system don't or can't do much to stop him.
I'll put something witty here just as soon as I have the time to think of it.

GreyWaters
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:18 am

This looks great ill have a go (ps it is late so this may not be very good ill edit when i have time)

Name: Alan Pericoloso
Race: Warlock (Demon/Human)
Appearance: 6.5 ft, Broad shouldered, Well muscled (and looks it), Jet black wavy/curly hair that goes down to eyes, Eyes are ice blue, Very pale.
Wears: A pure black collared button up shirt with the only colour being in a flame design at the bottom, Matching shorts with the only difference being the design is on the top not the bottom.
Weapon: A broad sword of diamond with a core of silver, It is hard enough to stop bullets (dah) and the silver core can ether trap lasers or bounce them off.
Abilities: Magic (Fire, Shadow, Demon summoning) The warlock race has little technology and uses magic for practically everything even interplanetary transport, Because of this their magic is very strong
Bio: Alan like the rest of his kind has little to no interest in technology and uses only magic and medieval weapons, Their race is normally very peaceful but is known to get angry fast and when they get angry they get demonically angry, Alan himself is more of a berserker then normal and is known for his raw magical power and skill and his skill in his weapon of choice, Alan's abilities include being able to enchant weapons with his magic for short amounts of time.
Alan was born into a trading family selling the metals and minerals that make his planet famous, As a child his parents were killed on another planet in a dispute over prices and technology this has given him a hatred of most technology and a distrust in those who use it. Alan is now the last of his family and is rich and adventures.

ok tell me anything that is wrong with that and ill have a go at it
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raijn on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Another question for Oblivion: I'm not sure what race created my android character, should I make my own or do you have a better idea?

Raijn
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!