Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life Untold

Life Untold General Discussion

a part of “Life Untold”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

The most realistic MMORPG ever created has a dark and horrifying reality awaiting it just around the corner...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life Untold”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Life Untold General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:45 pm

Now I filled my choices, though I am not sure if I did so correctly.

If I understood it right to unlock a skill I do not gain automatically I need to spend a point to unlock it and then to level it, does that mean to get say to level 1 that I need to spend two points? that is what I assumed. If I got it wrong please tell me because that is quite a lot of points I may have wasted. Also, I got the impression our attacks where set by our levels, do I put into that skill stat points too?

Thanks

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:27 pm

no, you don't need two points to get it to level 1... thank of just all the unlocked skills being at Lvl. 0. So youll have a few more points. I will look at your profile

an Im bored, so im going to come up with a soundtrack playlist on youtube. anyone up for epic game music?
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Eh, double post, but i was too lazy to hit the edit button. sue me.

You completly forgot about the growth rates silly. You;ll have far more than what you listed. Besides placing stat points in, you also gain stats from leveling up each time, just like an rpg. I'll walk ya through it

HP: 11 (Ryuu could have done better in making this known, but basically, you'll gain this amount of hp on the inital level up, then when you you level up, you add 1 to it. so you're 1st lvl up youll get 11 extra hp, the next one youll get 12, third youll get 13, so far) Just without putting you stat points in, at level 3 it would be a base offff. *quick math): 43

the res of the growth rates ar easier to understand. cut off that last zero, and that's how many total natrual points youll get for each stat over 10 levels Let's use attack as an example
ATK: 150% (so basically this means once you've level up 10 times, you'll have 15 points placed into attack. You'll be able to put 2 into your stat 5 times, and you can choose how you can do this. you can alternate when to put 1 point in, or when to put 2 inm it's up to you)
DEF: 150%
AGI: 120%
SKL: 140%
SPD: 120%

If im not explaining this well, or if you learn visually, then I showed my work with Winter's stat growths here in the OOC somewhere. I made sure to explain my process as best as i could

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks Rarikou, I feel so loved... Sheesh.

Anyway, what Rarikou has told you is accurate but if you need further assistance feel free to ask for it.

And my laptop made it into the services today so the parts have been ordered. With luck, I'll have my laptop back by the end of the week. If not, I'll have it back early next week. Once I have it back I'll fix up Kyero's picture and a few other minor details here and there and we can get this show on the road!!
Kumori Ryuu

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:14 am

Ok, two points I do not understand.

Do the growth rates apply to each level up or only to level 10? if so, how do I split up the points between levels?

as a cavalir my base Hp is 20, did you mean in the HP growth rate that each level in increased by one (11-12-13) or did you mean that each level in increased by 10 plus one extra to the last number?

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:29 am

The use of 10 levels was an example of what you can expect with the growth rates. For every ten levels you gain, you get the Stat percentage divided by 10 so if the growth is 150%, you get 15 points to that stat every ten levels. How you allocate those points as you level is up to you.

So for someone who has 150% in STR, here's an example of how the points can come across ten levels from Lvl 1 to Lvl 11:

STR at Lvl 1 = 6 points: Lvl 2 = +1, Lvl 3 = +1, Lvl 4 = +2, Lvl5 = +1, Lvl 6 = +1, Lvl 7 = +2, Lvl 8 = +2, Lvl 9 = +1, Lvl 10 = +1, Lvl 11 = +2.

In total this individual character's STR rises from 6 to 21 across ten complete levels thanks to a 150% growth rate.

If your HP starts at 20, the first level up from Lvl 1 to Lvl 2 is 11 points, so at Lvl 2 your HP is 31. From Lvl 2 to Lvl 3, your HP goes up by 12, for a total of 43. From Lvl 3 to Lvl 4, your HP goes up by 13, to 56. Etc.

Making sense now?

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 am

Well, I think or at least hope I have finished - is it OK though?

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Your profile seems to have most of what it needs, though your voice example showed up as "Not available in this country" on youtube which was odd.

Oh well.

Anyway, what I need you to do now (and yes, everyone had to do this too) is make sure that the Description, Personality, and Biography all have full paragraphs with five sentences each. There is a method to this madness, so please ensure that each of those sections have paragraphs that are clearly identifiable and which have no fewer than five sentences in each. Once you make this edit, you'll be set.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:30 pm

Here are a another examples for the voice, does this one work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNQ2NwLgAgY#t=430

The description is exactly at 5 lines ( counted without the addition of the second irrelevant paragraph (which I may delete), I thought of expanding it anyway but for the time being I will leave it as it is.

My history is long enough, and I have edited and increased the detail of the personality.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 pm

When I say sentence, I mean from the first word to the period. Not lines.

So the following is part of your biography with a "correction example" below it.

"Delany was raised in a relatively wealthy family, 5 years the eldest of her siblings and encouraged to be responsible since an early age.
In school, Delany was an iconic personality in the class and well liked. Many class parties where celebrated in her house, or she was involved in arranging it somewhere else. Once she had made high school, Delany did not find it too difficult to find relationships where she wanted them and was also elected as class president.

There were of course students who were not as fortunate as she was; such as Marcus, a social outcast. Delaney could not remember when it had begun, but small things such as being useless in football and being so easy to pick on made him no friends. Though most the bullying was over by high school, he was not made welcome by society."

So that's close, but no cigar as we say.

Here's what I'd like it to look like:

"Delany was raised in a relatively wealthy family. She is five years the eldest of her siblings and was encouraged to be responsible since an early age. In school, Delany was an iconic personality in the class and well liked. Many class parties where celebrated in her house, or she was involved in arranging it somewhere else. Once she had made high school, Delany did not find it too difficult to find relationships where she wanted them and was also elected as class president."

The next two bits of the bio can be combined as follows:

"There were of course students who were not as fortunate as she was; such as Marcus, a social outcast. Delaney could not remember when it had begun, but small things such as being useless in football and being so easy to pick on made him no friends. Though most the bullying was over by high school, he was not made welcome by society. Delaney did not actually participate in any bullying or at least, she does not think she did. But she never said anything beyond what she had to, and whenever there were any awkward moments in which they talked, Delaney often took the first option to get out of these, like everyone else, though a bit more politely."

So does that make sense? Five periods in the single body of text is what I'm looking for. You've got the content volume for sure, now it just comes to arranging it to look pretty. (And no, "looking pretty" is not the hidden method to the madness I bring)

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 am

How about now?

I think I fixed what you wanted me to fix.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:33 am

That works great!

All right, you're good to submit and I'll approve it when I see it.

Hopefully I get my laptop back either tomorrow (today as it's 1:32am as I'm writing this here) or on Friday. Once I get it back, I'll get this RP started but that's a big IF when it comes to getting it back this week. Again, here's hoping.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:14 am

So, I saw this in the roleplayers wanted thing and took interest. Currently in the middle of creating a character so it should be up sometime soon. I'm looking forward to start doing this and I feel that out of all the characters I've made, this would probably be one I'd have the most attachment to.
I've got none that's good. So... yeah.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:04 pm

I see no issue with the character, so i doubt Ryuu will

Lets see, Rng roll for RC and it's...

a 3

that's the third three we have. Random.org isn't being very random >.>

and RNG for the skillpoints...

18- that's 3 extra from the base of 15. SO, you killed three enemies without assistance.

I'll probably be out on college stuff most of the day after this

Looking forward to how you play him

and that's good news, Ryuu!

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Characters's submitted, almost tempted to construct another but I do not know if I could commit to that, so it's Del alone... and future horsey.

By the way, I am stilling waiting on an answer on that - how will horses work? will they be a permanent creature in game or summoned? I think the latter option makes more sense, summoned with no time limit during battle and summoned with a time limit outside battle or something like that.

Will there be different brands of horses?

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:45 pm

My apologies.

Horses will become available as a purchasable mount for appropriate classes upon reaching Lvl 15 in said class. Once unlocked and purchased, the horse can be placed in a public stable for a monthly sum of money, put into your owned stables for free (if you have one), or can be made to trail after your character like a puppy.

When it comes to horse mounts, they have their own Lvl from 1 to 50, and how fast they level is based on a few "raising criteria":

* How far the horse travels without rest (aka stopping entirely)
* How long it's made to hold a gallop/canter (returning to a trot or a walk brings the "sprint" to an end)
* How well cared for the mount is by its owner (aka feeding it in a timely manner, grooming it, cleaning up after it, treating it with love and respect)

The more well cared for it is and the harder you train it, the faster it levels up and the stronger it becomes. I will be keeping an eye on how you behave alongside your mount in the RP and I will tell you when the time comes whether or not your horse has leveled up and/or how close you are to leveling up and finding a nice surprise waiting for you.

When a mount levels up, it gains one of the following abilities at a time (never more than one):

* A permanent increase in its base travel speed (Lvl 1 speed for a horse is 25 mph)
* A permanent boost to its hidden stamina bar
* Greater "trust" in its owner which will factor into how quickly it responds to orders given to it and whether or not it will risk its own life to save its owner when they are losing in combat

At Lvl 45, mounts will gain their specific mount "Ability," and these abilities will be specified and listed in a future OOC thread I'm working on so don't worry about this right now.

At Lvl 30, the mount can be called upon to aid the player in combat if the hidden "trust" bar is high enough (more on this in the future OOC thread about mounts). Horses have a charge attack where they trample the enemy, a rear kick, or a frontal kick attack to aid the player in combat and they are incredibly powerful. To give a comparison, the average STR across all classes is around 5.5 to 6.2 points thereabouts, but a Horse starts at Lvl 1 with a base STR of 70 which increases by 5-8 points per level depending on how well the player adhered to the raising criteria.

Scared of your horsie yet? You should be! If you raise it incorrectly or abuse it then the horse is likely to turn on you and try to kill you! So don't do that.

And yes, classes can be changed in this RP world but you'll start over at Lvl 1 for the new class. You'll still have all your old stuff, but anything not relevant to that class will appear grayed out in your inventory/equipment page in your menu.

More on the class changes in a future OOC thread.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Edited my character. I think I did everything right but if I did it wrong then I apologize for doing so.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Alright, just two small things

1) At your point, you wouldn't be able to have 5 points invested in ATK. since you can only put 2 in one stat per level, you'd have a max of 4

2) your start off with your sword skill unlocked. So. SO, you actually have a free point!

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Edited it again. Think I got everything this time. In the mean time should I create my avatar for Kaiden?

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:13 pm

There was a question about knives on the IM pad the other night about knives and why anybody would choose to occupy a class which uses them with the two following complaints:

* Knives are physically the weakest weapons
* They require a lot of speed but don't offer much outside of it in the way of combat prowess

Well they are fair questions, but here's why someone would want to use knives:

Knives in this game have the greatest capacity for specialized effects such as confusion, daze, poison, etc. Not only that, but knives come with a special built in ability that is actually hidden from the players at the start of the game and isn't revealed until the player with a knife class hits a high enough level (Lvl 30).

* Knives and daggers both have a hidden +20%/+30% special effect success rate respectively, and a +5%/+10% Critical hit rate respectively.

However, these two bonuses only apply when the knives/daggers are actually using a special effect. When a knife/dagger has no other effects active such as being bought fresh from the shop as a plain Jane knife/dagger, then they are left without those two bonuses. Once the knife/dagger has an effect added to it, both bonuses become active as long as the effects remain on the knife/dagger.

So yeah, knives/daggers are much more useful than they might initially appear!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!