Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life Untold

Life Untold General Discussion

a part of “Life Untold”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

The most realistic MMORPG ever created has a dark and horrifying reality awaiting it just around the corner...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life Untold”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Life Untold General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Welcome everyone to "Life Untold," an RP based around the concept of a group of friends who join the newest and most revolutionary MMORPG game ever released.

This RP is under construction, and likely will be for a good long time even after it has begun. Any helpful hints you have for improving the existing qualities and systems of the RP are welcome, but please do post them here.

None of the other threads are for posting aside from the "Character Profiles" thread.

Please let me repeat: No other OOC threads are for posting except for the "Character Profiles" thread. If you have something you want to say, post it here.
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Life Untold General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Hello everyone, Kumori here.

I have been having some trouble staying connected to the site as of late and as a result my character, as well as a few of the OOC threads are incomplete.

Some of the others are just incomplete because they're incomplete, and if you have an addition or idea to add to or help improve what exists, please voice it here or to myself or Rariku in a private message.

This RP is going to be going through a constant stream of changes and minor edits along the way to perfect the systems that are in place, so please do get involved as best you can.

The RP will not be starting for a good while until I get my primary laptop back from the repair shop, which probably won't be for another week. I do apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but again the RP will be undergoing construction for a while and participation is most welcome!

You will be credited for any changes you suggest that become part of the RP's final design in the "RP Credits" page, but please allow me to be the one to do so. Nobody is to post in that thread save for myself or Rariku whenever I cannot get online to do so personally.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Woah! This RP looks incredibly detailed. I may very well be joining. :3 In any case, I would just like to ask, where should we put our bios - in the characters section the site provides, or on the bio thread you've created here? Or in both places? I'm a little confused by that.
Last edited by Feyblue on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:22 pm

If you are intent on joining then please copy and paste the character skeleton code into the "Character Profiles" OOC thread and fill out the information there. Once you're done, let me know and I'll take a look at it.

As the RP is incomplete, there might be a few things about the profile you submit that I will reject or ask you to edit, but this is normal as until the RP is entirely complete I can't expect you to know everything about what I need from you. But do create your character as best you can in my OOC thread, and once I tell you that your character is good to go I'll tell you to add it to the RP via the "Add New" button in the "Character's" tab for the RP.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Just one other question, then. What exactly are the differences between the different classes, aside from those which have certain weapon restrictions? Like, how does Myrmidon differ from Knight? Etc.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:30 pm

The classes section is one of those which is currently under the most construction. I have yet to define each one yet, so for the time being please fill out all the information about your character that doesn't have to do with the class, level, or starting equipment.

I am working on defining the classes right now, but it will take me at least another two hours or so to complete the list as I've added a few classes to the list which haven't been updated here in the OOC yet.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:39 pm

I actually thought of creating an RP like this, I might still do so (though not of the fantasy genre), however I find myself feeling a bit of nostalgia to the good old fantasy piece when I played such MMO games.

I will announce my participation, I will for the time being create the character per the details I feel confident enough to include, Mechanics will for the time being be mostly rescinded until such a time as their implantation is complete.

Note: I have noticed your own character does not posses any pictures, is that a matter of policy? For the time being Ill go along with the example, it's a good exercise in descriptive writing.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:49 pm

The computer I am using is my backup and I do not have access to photo editing or creation software on it. Once my main laptop is back from repairs, which might take another week or more, I will be completing my own character according to all required character skeleton standards including the picture.

By the way!

I am pretty sure you guys know this if you've read what exists of my character profile already, but if not remember that the character you're making is a normal person and the avatar/character they create for the virtual reality game within which this RP takes place in is not to be included in your profile. I will have a separate OOC thread up within the next few hours for our character's personal avatar/characters for the game Life Untold.

What I want in the "Character Profiles" OOC thread is a person, not a game character.

Everyone clear on that?

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:20 pm

*stretches out*

To put my input into the different classes, i would say it's mostly based on starting stats. Myrmidons have less attack but greater speed, knights having a higher defense, etc.

and to summarize, you post your inital skeleton in the profile page, then we review and okay it... THEN you go and post it to the actual roleplay. It prevents accidental accepting, etc.
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Okay, so there is one more thing I'd like everyone to be aware of!

Skills are "dormant" until they are unlocked via the use of Stat Points. Skills which are dormant cannot be used nor are any of their effects (even the lvl 1 effects) applied. So when your character starts their adventure they literally start fresh without anything to help them save for their starting stats and the lvl 1 weapon Skill for combat.

Upon spending a Stat Point for the Skill, it becomes an "awakened" Skill and it can then be used and its effects (level appropriate of course) will activate either automatically as passive Skills or they can be used in the field or in combat (active Skills).

My character's starting stats and skills which he chose to unlock are as follows, and were calculated upon figuring thanks to the rng that his starting level would be 3. He gained his 14 Stat points from leveling up and earned two extra from having defeated a single enemy by himself each time, but he had to use healing items to keep himself in the fight so he only gets those 2 and not 2 more for defeating enemies without items for a total of 16 Stat Points. I also leveled him by saying that he only received 1 of every stat upon leveling up each time instead of using any +2 stat growths just yet as I'll save them for later:

Stats Lvl 3:

HP: 38
ATK: 11
DEF: 9
AGI: 10
SKL: 10
SPD: 10

Skills Acquired:
Sword lvl 1: Slash
Detection lvl 1 unlocked
Sneak lvl 1 unlocked
Speech lvl 1 unlocked, Basic Negotiation
Leadership lvl 1 unlocked
Swimming lvl 1 unlocked
Athletics lvl 1 unlocked
Mining lvl 1 unlocked

These are Kyero's stats, and do not reflect how you have to begin with your own character. Kyero has a plan for his character, and this is the starting phase which he has chosen. You are all free to unlock whichever Skills you want and increase whatever stats you want. If you want to only focus on stats and not on Skills, go ahead. If you want Skills instead of stats, go for it!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:07 pm

I can't remember if i talked to you about this idea or not, but there really should be an alternate way to gain exp besides combat... things from life skills should award EXP too, depending on the difficulty (cooking something gives a small exp, managing to get a persuasion check finished, etc.) I wasn't having my character focus on combat too much, so doing so would just be grindy.

Also, you never mentioned this before, but what are the level 1 base stats? 10 in each or...?

and Guards can still go sword and shield right, or just a shield? I plan on making a tanky character, but I want to focus more on leadership speech and tactis... and i take it each skill point into a life skill will raise it by one level?

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:10 pm

The level 1 stats have since been added to the "Starting Classes" OOC thread for everyone to see.

Life Skills will add EXP, but I've yet to determine just how much.

I am still editing and adding to the classes section, so yes, you'll be able to use a sword and shield simultaneously as I continue working on them.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:38 pm

WHY AM I SUCH A SADISTIC B****?

*hugs winter* I always end up doing this sort of thing *cries*

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:51 pm

I know that feel. I'm always kind of a dick to my characters too.

On the other hand. I have a feeling Al is going to be rather fun to play. Especially since his avatar is going to look and sound really imposing, then if he ever meets anybody else from the game IRL, he's just... like... a guy. A guy whose voice is intentionally somewhat different from what his actual appearance would suggest. XD

EDIT: Also, I only have one thing to say about Winter.

BEEEEEEAAAAATOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

...Obligatory reference is obligatory.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:10 am

I've done similar things to my characters before as well, including killing them in horrific ways only to bring them back and hurt them again.

If your profile is making you a sadistic bitch, Rarikou, then the things I've done to my characters in the past makes me an unforgivable sadistic and masochistic douche bag. Lol!

Still, tragic and damaged characters really are some of the most fun to work with. The inherent flaws that come with them make them interesting and far more flexible for the player controlling them. My character, Kyero, is the most ordinary character I've made in a long time.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:11 am

Just the fact you were able to give that reference means we're going to get along just fine, Fey (*is a hardcore Umineko nut*) Beato is so adorable~

I see no issue with that characters. Would you like me to RNG the levels, then?

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:12 am

I only read the first four novels and half of the fifth one, but I enjoyed the hell out of them. Anyway, RNG away! Here's hoping for a natural five. XD

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:25 am

ALright, if you ever want to bounce off theories as to the first four games, do let me know. I promise, I am a very good stand in for beatrice.

I'm not sure if Ryuu wanted to do the RNG himself or not, so i won't step on the one toe i really shouldn't step on... using random.org, you rolled a 2 with 8 skill points, but if her wants to cancel that out, then his word takes priority

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:42 am

The rng used to find levels goes from 1 to 5. When it comes to the skill points awarded from level 1 to level 2, the first level automatically takes into account the fact that there is a tutorial segment of the game for all players which basically give you your first level but force you to use a health item on yourself so you only get one extra point for beating the single enemy.

So yes, you get 8 Stat Points for your first level to spread among your stats or your Skills, so choose wisely and when you're done post them here in the OOC for myself and Rarikou to see. I have school today from 11am to 2pm, but once I'm back I'll be continuing my work on the different aspects of the RP unless someone asks me something directly so I'm going to be fairly quiet today.

Have fun you crazy kids!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:17 am

Only a 2? :/ I just hope that doesn't stick me perpetually at a lower tier than everybody else's characters. I kinda wanted Al to be "Weak, but Skilled," but still...

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!