Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life Untold

Life Untold General Discussion

a part of “Life Untold”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

The most realistic MMORPG ever created has a dark and horrifying reality awaiting it just around the corner...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life Untold”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Life Untold General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:17 pm

There was another question on the pad about a few details regarding how the players actually interact with and experience life in the game.

For instance, the question of how long your character can fight for. Technically, the time is potentially indefinite. Your character in the game is just a program simulation avatar, nothing but 1's and 0's configured to look the way you wanted them to look. However, they don't have real world exhaustion factors like a person does. Instead, special algorithms simulate exhaustion depending on a set of factors:

* If your HP falls to 6%-10% in battle, the game automatically inflicts a hidden ailment on your character called "Fatigue." This ailment cannot be removed unless special prerequisites are met (though more on that in a minute).

* If your HP falls to 5% or less, your avatar's AGI and SPD will be cut in half until the end of the fight.

* The "Fatigue" ailment causes time around your character (contained to within about 1 mm of your avatar's body) to slow down by a factor of 15%, making your character seem sluggish compared to the rest of the game world which remains at normal speed.

* As your character's HP drops further to 5% or less, another hidden ailment is applied to your character which causes the drop in AGI and SPD called "Weariness." By cutting your AGI and SPD in combination, the game simulates a decrease in muscle functionality akin to that which you experience from muscle fatigue such as when you pump iron at the gym and find it difficult to even hold or pick up something that's as light as 2-5 lb right after the workout.

* The "Fatigue" ailment can be removed from your character by one of the following two methods:

- Using a healing item to increase your HP to 30% or higher
- Fleeing from combat

In battle, the "Fatigue" ailment can be removed but the "Weariness" ailment is permanent until the battle has come to a complete end. Fleeing from combat does not remove "Weariness," but resting at an inn or sleeping in a bed that your character owns will.

If anyone has any other questions about "real world" aspects which I have not yet explained, feel free to ask here in the General Discussion OOC or ask on the IM chat pad found here: http://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/Kumori's_Chat_Pad
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Hey guys, I decided that you all shouldn't have to wait for me to get my computer back to get started, plus everyone knows that I'm OCD about my characters and will complete it the moment I get the laptop back anyway so I'm going to put a post up now to get us started.

And yes, there are one or two details which might raise questions, and I am prepared to answer them on the chat pad all day long.

So gimme just a few minutes, and the first post will go up and we can BEGIN!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Oh, and two more things guys!

All players begin the game with 50 Stamina, and the Stamina bar can only be increased via a special form of "training" which won't become available for the first leg of the adventure. But do keep it in mind.

Next!

Remember that our characters know one another IRL and are all friends online. They all agreed to meet at Lillium's Central Square at 11am, which is where Kyero is heading now.

So hop to it!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:07 am

And Alistaire unintentionally stumbles into literally the best possible circumstances for leveling himself up - a fight with a bunch of high XP-giving enemies who are humanoid, use swords, and are much slower than him, with low Defense values. It's funny, since I chose "six Goblins" by rolling a D7 for the monster type and a D6 for the size of the encounter. XD I looked at what I had and said, "Okay, I can make this work." XD

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:16 am

Okay, that's interesting.

Using a dice roll for enemies? That's a new one. But okay.

FYI, you don't have to level up on your first post. I did that with Kyero to demonstrate how the level up system works and what you can expect from it when it happens. If everyone forces a level up on each post, things will get real boring real fast so try to mix it up okay guys. Don't just copy me when I do something. Just examine it for what it is and then work from there.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:22 am

XD Yeah, it's just I figured that my character wouldn't tolerate joining a group underleveled and fresh out of the tutorial, and I kind of wanted to do a sort of "establishing character moment" to show how he fights and his attitude towards the game world - hence the battle scene and subsequent level up, since I had six enemies. XD

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:26 am

Hey guys.

It seems there was a BIG misconception about Weapon Skills.

Weapon Skills, those that are listed with weapons in the "Skills" OOC thread, level with the player and cannot be added to by Stat Points. The only things that can be edited or added to with Stat Points are your player Stats, your Combative Skills (which at this point are only Detection and Sneak though I'm working on adding to that list), and your Life Skills.

But Weapon Skills cannot be added to with Stat Points. So trying to level up your chosen weapon to gain a certain Skill listed for them is a no-no.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:26 am

Ooooooh. Okay. In that case, one other question. Can we level up other skill levels to a higher level than our account level? 'Cause I'm also noticing people doing that.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Combat Skills level up to 100, as do Life Skills.

Our Characters have no level cap and can theoretically just keep going and going like the energizer bunny.

Hopefully that answers the question.

One other thing I'd like to clear up is that during battle you don't earn EXP until the battle is over. However many enemies are present will affect your final EXP accumulation, but once the battle is over that's when your EXP earnings are calculated.

So for Kyero, he fought six boars to level up in one battle before taking on the Jackal, giving him 24 EXP once the battle came to an end. Notice how he did not gain EXP throughout the fight, but instead all of it at the end. Also, because in that single battle he killed six enemies to acquire a level up, he gained 6 Stat Points on top of the base 7 as well as another 1 point bonus for not using any items for a total of 14. This is about as simple as I can make this look, so do please keep careful track of your Stat Point accumulation. If you're uncertain of how much you should get, even if you think you might only be one off, ask me to take a look at your work and I'll help you out.

Also, RC, I had to edit your post a bit. As a Knight starting the game at Lvl 3 like I did and leveling up to Lvl 4 in your first post, your HP isn't going to be 61 yet. That happens when you reach Lvl 5 as a Knight. Lvl 1 you have 19, Lvl 2 you have 28, Lvl 3 you have 38, and Lvl 4 you have 49. Once you level up to 5, you'll get 61. So please do keep a better eye on which level ups provide which bonuses.

As far as I know Rarikou was the only player whose character began the game at Lvl 4 and had the potential to level to 5 right away, but you and I as Lvl 3 going to Lvl 4 Knights have the same HP. The only thing different between Kyero and Kay right now is their character Stats, but their HP is the same and will be for a long time until we start doing quests which provide specific stat boosting items like HP boosters and such.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Alright, thanks for answering those questions for me. I edited my post accordingly, so that Alistaire's XP bar didn't actually fill until the end of the fight, it just told him how much XP he'd get. Also, since I didn't know that we didn't need to manually level our Sword Skills, I put a point into that in my bio. I've replaced the point I put into it in my bio and the point I put into it in my post with two points to Athletics, because I am a Disco Ninja Frog thank you very much - just so you know where those came from.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:07 pm

That's fine Kumori I was just confused about when to apply the health ups
I've got none that's good. So... yeah.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:46 pm

For the sake of convenience, I'd like everyone to supply their "average" posting availability. This will help us all to understand and resepct each other's schedules so that if one person is absent for a day or two nobody panics or starts asking "Is so and so going to post? I'm waiting on them!"

So for me, I'm good to post just about every day (no pressure).

How about you guys?

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Same here, so long as that day isn't Friday, since I have classes from 10:15 to 11:30 AM then, followed by work from 12:00 to 6:30 PM - although even then, I may be able to get a post in in the evening.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:46 pm

My schedule changes weekly but generally the weekends are the times I have the most free time at, Normally I can post everyday, currently working on a post, I will be on the pad to discuss some aspects in it.

Sunday's are tricky for me though.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:01 am

I'm generally able to post as it goes, but it might differ during times that I'm on holiday since the places I go might not have an internet connection. So everyday is fine but during holidays it might be sketchy (will work on posts when I see them if my Dad lets me use his mobile data.)

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 am

Got some good news a few minutes ago! The parts for my laptop are in and it should hopefully be fixed by the end of the day today so with any luck I'll have it when I come home today from school.

Kyero might finally have a face to show this evening!

Here's hoping!! (Not that the fact I need my laptop for classes has anything to do with my joy at the news mind you, lol)

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:53 pm

And posted. Around halfway through writing, I randomly was hit with the idea that our characters' usernames and dialog in universe matched their text colors here, and so decided to be OCD and color-code everything according to characterization. For the record, I blame Homestuck for this.

...Meanwhile, I blame Umineko for the fact that I now think everything Shannon says is undeniable truth since it's spoken in bright red. @_@

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Haha, that's actually an rather fitting combination refrence, seeing as [spoiler] Shannon is Beatrice [/spoiler]

Does that make me Battler? Not the first person i would have chosen myself, but I'll still take the win.

Eh, a s for my scheudule, I don't really have one. I usually post whever available, unless i get depressed or other feel like crap
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marxism_smiles on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Feyblue, as Mr. Colbert would say, you have earned a tip of the hat with a most interesting piece of descriptive writing.

I wish to inform you all that I have decided to frame my posting schedule in the following way: Theoretically I can post every day as I will almost always have the time, but it is a question of using that time. Rather then keeping it flexible, which could ether strain my schedule or strain my commitment I will enact a policy of posting once every 48 hours in general. I am in a process of creating something I have never seriously attempted, a complete schedule, because I find I need to manage this time resource better. I must say however that in the long term, I think this policy will make me post more rather then less.

Towards weekend's I will commit to a single day in which I will reverse my sleeping hours so that I may communicate with you lot in real time. That day will be, for now, Friday.

NEXT week, I will be made available continuously during Wednesday, Friday and Thursday with the option of being awake during American time.

For general knowledge, I will usually be online on my normal posting day's on US - CANADA CENTRAL TIME ( UTC - 06:00) between 15:30 - 18:00. One none posting day's I will usually be online between 15:00 - 16:00, though not necessarily continuously viewing this side or paying attention to it - if you want to send me messages at this time, you should do so at 15:50 as I will then see it before I close my PC.

During my posting weekend time on Friday, I will online between 16:00 - 20:00 with an option to extend that time frame, though I might go online an hour sooner or later then 16:00.

My time is UTC + 01:00, the time is now 00:48

Maybe we should have a separate thread where we can each make a single post with our times and important notices of absence and the like?

I will post tomorrow, though general online activity may be limited.

Marxism_smiles
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:46 pm

Thank you everyone for providing your schedules! It'll help.

Anyway, let's continue on!

Take this as a notice for the future okay everyone: There is no set posting order from here on out.

If you have the chance to post, then take it. From here on out, it's whenever you can and whenever it's appropriate for your character.

It's the reason I'm about to post, because Kyero has been directly spoken to even though not everyone has responded to Kyero's question.

So yeah, from here on out I want you to post whenever you are able.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!