Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lovecraftian Inspired RP

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Lovecraftian Inspired RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SatatyaUno on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 pm

I have this idea for a roleplay I really want to do, but I want to see if there'd be people interested. It'd go a little bit like this...

You play a Special. A Special is someone who is special, for lack of a better word. Either a psychic, a witch, possessed, maybe you summon demons. Maybe you yourself are defined as a paranormal. Whatever you may be, you are special. So special that one night, just at midnight, a cloaked figure appeared before you and a few others with a message. A sealed crimson letter. This letter opened your eyes to all of the worlds secrets. All with just a few words.
"Welcome to D.A.G.O.M."

Basically, I was thinking it'd be 4 to 6 characters who are all different supernatural type beings (like mentioned above) who have been recruited into the D.A.G.O.M. which is an organization run by supernatural humans to track down lovecraftian type monsters (stands for Defense Against Ginormous Ominous Monstrosities) as they try to figure out where they're coming from and why they're lashing out.

I'm wanting this to be like a tabletop game put in text really. So I'd be the DM/GM of course in charge of the NPCs and the more intelligent *cough cough*plot needed*cough cough* monsters as well as having my “character” be the one in charge of the D.A.G.O.M. to send the players out on their jobs.

I'm thinking it'd also be cool for “the boss” to give everyone a secondary personal objective that they can choose to share with the others or not (I'm thinking maybe these personal quests could be handed out via pm to avoid meta-gaming from other players, but then lurkers/readers wouldn't be able to see that side of the story so I don't know yet.) As well as certain characters gaining certain information that they can choose whether or not to share with the other characters.

Anyway if you made it this far, thank you for showing an interest! If you'd be interested in playing and even with helping me organize this, shoot me a pm or reply here. If I feel like we could get a good committed group, I'll get this up!

Thank you again :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SatatyaUno
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Author Promethean Lifegiver

Re: Lovecraftian Inspired RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Hey SatayaUno,

I've done RPs like this in the past, but was always the GM. However, I'm not super well versed in tabletop, so I don't know if that's a requirement to participate or not. Either way I'm definitely interested.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SatatyaUno on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:44 pm

Hey there Absenthia, no worries! Having experience in tabletop games isn't a requirement, I was just using it as a comparison. I'll be sure to keep you up to date if it get made. :)

SatatyaUno
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Hello there,

I'd be interested in getting on board with this.

I like the idea and have a character concept in mind if you're still lookong for people.
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SatatyaUno on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:54 pm

Awesome! Yup, still looking to see who'd be interested. I'll be getting the actually RP together either sometime tonight or tomorrow I think. I'll be sure to let you know when it's up! :)

SatatyaUno
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Fantastic.

Let me know and I'll throw you a character.

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SatatyaUno on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:36 pm

You have perfect timing, ValaunDae'Voth.

I got the Roleplay up, for anyone interested who'd like to check it out!

roleplay/d-a-g-o-m

SatatyaUno
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:20 am

I'll get something sent to you within the next day or so. :)

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!