Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Masks of the Soul: Fragment of Truth

Masks of the Soul: Fragment of Truth

a part of “Masks of the Soul: Fragment of Truth”, a fictional universe by Cienpher.

Throme: the city with the mask // Itex: a shadowy organization with a goal. // What happens when secrets are finally revealed?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Masks of the Soul: Fragment of Truth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Masks of the Soul: Fragment of Truth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harlequin Smile on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Question. Why dont you just start, and put, say, a one week limit on acceptance. That way everyone can begin finding themselves in this world, making connections and all that, and I'll stop wandering around in a daze looking for things to occupy me.

I kid, of course. Who'd walk around in a daze just 'cause an RP isnt starting. Much more comfortable to sit and dream instead...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Harlequin Smile
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:23 pm

I think we're waiting on X64/Black. ^^'

But see, I took the Jack so we could get done. : DD Now we just need to finalise already submitted characters and then we start. :DDDDD
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Actually, we don't even need the masks until a little later, so once everyone (X64, Spi, HereMeNow, The_Fallen_Ones >w>) fixes up/finishes their characters, we can start? Although, everyone actually has a strong foundation for their characters and we just want extra details now, so... be prepared to start whenever - it might be really soon, actually...

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X64 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:03 pm

I finally, FINALLY, completed Cedric. I'm so, so, so sorry it took so long! Dx Real life likes to kick my butt~

X64
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HereMeNow on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Sorry for taking so long!

But I have time to finish my character today after I get back from my eye doctors appointment. So I should be able to finish her today if not tomorrow.

HereMeNow
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Yaaaay. :D Hopefully we'll get a GM verdict on you done today, X. ^^ And good to hear Here! :DDDD

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nivosity on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:16 am

*Alasund strolls in*

Well, hello fine citizens, or netizens, of MotS. We have a public service announcement.

We have new plumbing for all the council buildings in Throme! Wait. That wasn't it...

Uhm. I have it in the not-- OH YES.

We're chucking you all out an--
*Is hit on the head*

*Nivosity throws rolling pin over shoulder and stands on top of Alasund*

We'd like to inform all of your folks that due to the growing population of ice cream in the freezer and Damon Ito's headcold, we feel that we should have a Thanksgiving party. Please look around for magical turkeys with a secret message.

Just kidding. Our magical turkeys went on strike.

Oi, no! Bad kitty! Don't run away with my notes. D:
*runs away - frantic*

*Enter Cienpher*

... If this hasn't already roused your suspicions, I am very, very disappointed in you all ^^"

Well, uh, anyway, the point is... ... *stage whisper* can I get a more competent character in here or what? >...>

*From floor where rolling pin still sits atop*

Behind all this skulduggery, we are formally announcing the start of Throme! Uh. MotS. Yeah.

Just kidding!

Ehe, fooled you didn't we? I'm just kidding again anyways.

Onto starting to post. All characters should have one introduction post prior to the actual plot. I mean one. That is basically an introduction into their psyche and moving them to the first meeting via private video-chatroom (In Itex case) or setting themselves for a Masked meeting at the underground Staff Carpark for Dullahan Library after hours. This means that you do not have to start out in these set scenarios, but you should be linked to the server if Itex and arrived at the Library if Masked. Your characters, both Itex and Masked, should be transformed by the end of the post.

If you need or want to interact with others, we'd suggest a pad collaboration (such as Sync.In) - because under no circumstances will we allow additional introduction posts. If you break our rules of doom, we will sic mushroomfaced kittens who will then proceed to eat you.

The date of the start of the roleplay is November 21st - both in Throme and for a few timezones in real life. It's a cold, blustery day with sheets of rain pouring down from the sky. It is a few minutes after 6 PM, so it's just thirty minutes or so after sunset.

Good luck~ And please don't die on the first day.

LAST REMINDER TO PLEASE POST IN THE CORRECT LOCATIONS
*~Nivosity~*

Nivosity
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HereMeNow on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:03 am

DX I couldn't finish my character yesterday because my laptop suddenly shut down on me and now when I try to turn it on the screen just flashes white and black. So now I have to use the dinosaur computer in the living room _=.=

I cent finish it today, but I'll try to get it done tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

HereMeNow
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:23 am

Don't worry about it, Here - and thank you for reminding me!

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby abiotrophy on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:16 pm

>.O So I overhauled the queen's masked personality. I just thought of a better way to present it [again]. Sorry for being so indecisive, guys! @@"

And yes! Happy thanksgiving to you guys! :D

abiotrophy
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HereMeNow on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:22 am

I might be able to finish my character some time tomorrow, but no garuntee. However, Monday I'm completely free so I will most likely finish her then and also post.

HereMeNow
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Black Death on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:07 am

May I have the permission to post? I know that I have not finished Hermit yet but I am having a great inspiration hit and I will try to finish him tonight if possible

The Black Death
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:20 am

Oh - sorry I thought I wrote in the PM that you can post XD
Go ahead - just please don't use any mask powers until we have a chance to see and approve them ^^

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Black Death on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:22 am

yeah, I know, I read that but I still want to make sure, you know... And of course, I will not use any powers just yet... only the personality and the appearance of Hermit.

The Black Death
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:23 am

It's fine if you're just using the personality/appearance, I think, as long as you aren't going to change him later. XP

Alasund
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Black Death on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 am

Um, I posted... I hope my post is acceptable... It is not often that I write two different personalities in a single post so... if you want me to change anything, feel free to do so...

The Black Death
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nivosity on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 pm

It is awesome.

And yeah, switching halfway through is always a bother, but hey, the transformation process is fun like heck, right?

Keep the posts rolling in~

Nivosity
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X64 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:37 pm

I will post as soon as I can, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still here ;_; Real life can be a real [insert random insulting name here] sometimes....

Also....PRRUUUSSSSIIIAAAA~~~!!!! I had to. There was no other option. xD

X64
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:39 am

;__;

I love you all. Why are you all so awesome. Why are your characters so lovable. What did I do to deserve you all?
Yes, those first two were statements, not questions.

But anyway, please keep these first posts coming, people! They make my day so much brighter <3

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nivosity on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:25 am

Oh my gosh, people. Can I kidnap you and keep all of you in my head so you write posts for me and me alone? D< Come on, I'll give you a break every single year, so please say yes. :3

As a reminder/note, please don't touch any of our NPCs without prior GM approval.

This means that nope, Emma Matia isn't going to show up and give out an autograp1h even if your PC is her greatest fan. This may seem possessive at times, but all notable NPCs are all GM-controlled in this roleplay for important things such as plot and characterization. This involves past, future, and present situations. This is important because *cough* some of these NPCs may be connected to a certain organization and can't act freely. Oho.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned - but ask if you're unsure if it's right or not. Since your GMs are pretty much stuck to the internet, it's not going to be much of a wait. :)

And X, you're completely good with the use of the Silver Fangs gang. Because you didn't technically use any of the named ones, you're not in trouble. XD So don't worry~

Nivosity
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!