Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mysterious monsters IC

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Re: Mysterious monsters IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkmatter on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 am

Ecelon's body twisted and changed into a single flowing mass that moulded itself into Jones shadow. <it shall be easy for me to reside here> All that remained was a dark red pair of eyes in Jones' shadow. "Ok then" jones said in a gruff voice. Strolling away from the cages he leant against the wall again, awaiting intsructions.

Jones looked around and surveyed the others in the room. This really was an odd mix and no doubt this would be an equally odd mission.
Simply because your opponent takes the right side, does not mean you should take the wrong.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darkmatter
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XSoulManX on Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:49 am

Parker looked back over at Ray when he asked him to meet him in his office in oh-nine-hundred, which he planned on throwing the guy a bone. As soon as he figured out what oh-nine-hundred meant.
"I don't suppose any of you guys know what time he wanted" Parker asked looking at the chimera and they all sighed in unison.
"Nine oh clock" the lion head gruffed
"We know that, and we're not even meant to" the goat head added. Parker looked up at the clock and saw that he better leave now. "Thanks anyway" He said patting them on the back and got back a snap from all four of them. The message was clear "Don't do that".
Parker walked out of the room the same door Ray did and looked down the hallways to see which way he outta go.
"One two skip a few I choose you" Parker said pointing right and began walking that way and looking at he doors one by one until he finally saw 4-j. He checked his watch and saw eight fifty eight, he still had three minutes until he was late. He began shuffling back and forth on the balls of his feet for about a minute and a half. Well I've left him sweating long enough he thought as he knocked on the door and opened it and entered what felt like a broom closet.
"Ray, good to see you" Parker said seeing the man sitting at his desk. "Know you don't need to tell me why I'm here I know, misconduct and willful disobedience, but I say we look past all that and look at my good points, example, how am I at Yahtzee"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XSoulManX
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AquaAerios on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:28 am

Ryan had refused to go in to the briefing earlier, instead planting himself outside the compound, atop the Chuh-li-ma with sniper rifle in his hands and his large spear wrapped to his back diagonally. He wasn't too thrilled about meeting new people, and he knew his squad already, so he saw no need to go in. At any rate, he checked his watch, keeping a sharp lookout of potential marauders. The asian soldier looked back into the compound, heaving a sigh and wondering what those people were up to.
When food grows cold, when the water overflows a cup... it's a sign you're not paying attention. You eat food, don't let it go to waste.

AquaAerios
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:08 am

Krystyn hear something pounding in the back of her head, a plea for help. She noticed a large, striped dragon with features resembling a dragon's. She walked over quickly and it grabbed her. She nearly screamed but for some reason, upon contact, she felt a sudden calm.
A pulse ran through her. This was another one she had to take. This was why the other ones wanted to touch her. It was announcing to the other demons that they had chosen her.
She smiled as she unlocked the cage to the tiger dragon, it's eyes gleaming as it bowed before stepping out of the wired crate.
It roared with excitement as it reared on it's hind feet, looking down challengingly on the other demons who were already released. This one seemed like a noble one, hopefully he accepted the other two.
Strolling back down she released the gryphon. It leapt out, stretching its wings as it creed happily, touch Krystyn's hand as did the dragon. A new pulse made its may up her arm as the contact was made. They Gryphon stepped away and went to sit near the other chosen demon.
Next was the fox dragon.

Nyim
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:21 am

"I'm sure he'll be fine." Mikinow's voice whispered to Ken's ears, which to he only responded with a mild shrug. The second squad leader could sometimes be too lenient with his judgement, it wasn't always a bad thing but Ken could see complications arising in the near future.

''Indeed, I can work better with my own. This armor is to light, I may just trip over myself. 'My life is in your hands now Ken, i shall serve you until death.'' Ken drew his head back from the lean, that Kadzait sure knew how to get his attention. A puzzled look on his face, not that he didn't know what the recruit meant, but his mannerisms were sort of ...foreign. Free will might have been an unusual concept to his people, something he might learn in time.

As he looked over the room, observing the actions and reactions between those within and out of the cage.

"Unusual, ain't it?" Ken said openly to tyson, refering to how these freshmen seemed to make the cages, which were put there in the first place for good reason, pointless. The creatures were gathered from all over the world, some sprung from New york and others have decieved mankind's expeditions for centuries. When they were first brought in, they were aggressive, uncomforted by the pressence of human beings who so long ago abandoned them. Some even lashing out against the agents, which the organisation promptly without mercy, put them to sleep. Ken was one of them, he had no love for many of these creatures and it was well known amongst his colleagues.

But right now, in the room something was biting at his principles, that collaboration was naturally possible between the two races. His eyes momentarily passed over Willow, well she was an exception.

"Squad three, I'd like you to read through the protocols before we set off. Spend some time preparing yourselves for later, there'll be fighting and you're gonna be part of it. Any questions, you'll find me in the ...somehow." He smiled oddly, deciding he would hit the Archives first then the lounge, putting one foot in front of the other.

"...Right," He scratched behind his neck, like he had forgotten something. "Keep your eyes on your 'pets' at all times, ya? The press' gettin suspicious of us lately, I don't wanna file another fake 'missing person' report again."
Last edited by flickery on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shikakid55 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:50 am

"Ok grunts here is how were going to do things open your hands and say "Summon" your demon should come out in an awesome fashion." Tyson said. He slowly walked toward Nightmare and patted it on its head. "Now when you don't want in out anymore you say "De-Summon" youe demon would go away like it just died." he said. "Now if you kindly do this please cause we need to start moving." he said.
ImageImageImageImagehehehe didn't see that coming
Or that

shikakid55
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:59 am

She looked at him quizzically before shrugging and holding out her hands and speaking "Summon" dramatically. Instantly the two demons who have already touched her strode up in a less awesome fashion but with a sense of elegance unlike the fox demon whose eyes glinted with surprise.
The red dragon exploded out of the cage, an aura pulsing from it as it clawed its way into the air and touched Krystyn's forehead with it's dark nose. A stronger pulse than the other two times dilated her body, almost sending her into shock but soon ebbing away.
The creature then sat at her feet, looking up at the human admirably.

Nyim
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StealFire on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Hallow approached Tyson, her squad leader, and made a small gesture of greeting. The humongous greenish dog, who was still following her, acknowledged Tyson with a small nod.

"I'm Hallow Stonebrook, part of your team, and this is Duzzie my Cu Sith. Do you mind if I gear up? I have all my equipment in my bag, and there's a lot to put on."

She inclined her head towards a large black duffel bag that was sitting a few yards away. It contained her archer's guards, her longbow, two quivers, 100 finely sharpened arrows, a few pieces of armor, and her scythe. Duzzie sat down which put his head at about the same level as hers.
"If 13 is unlucky then 12 and 14 should be guilty by association."

“If it doesn't work, at least it will be an interesting train wreck.”

"I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long."

((Guess which people said/wrote the quotes above and I'll give you a cookie.))

StealFire
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:34 pm

"In short, insubordination." Ray stood and crossed his arms, a trademark pose for him. At least Parker knew what he was doing wrong. That was a good sign, Ray supposed. "But I'm a reasonable guy. I can give you a second chance. Hell, I'm even willing to grant you a little latitude."

Ray crossed the room to the cot and extended his hand toward Quetzalcohuatl. She hopped up onto his fingers then climbed up his arm to his shoulder where she perched contently. She didn't stop glaring at Parker, however. Quetz was far from a human, but she understood them better than most actual humans did. That, and she spoke English.

"But let's get one thing clear, and you need to understand this well," Ray continued, looking daggers at the larger man. "Out there," he said, thrusting an arm away from them both, "your life is in my hands, and mine is in yours. And the same goes for the other members of the team as well. I need to know that when I give you an order in the field, you will follow it quickly and precisely and without question. Can you do that, Parker?"

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XSoulManX on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Parker sat through the speech hearing but not really taking in. He had always been getting crap like this he learned that all figures of authority had some connection that basically told them what speeches to give certain grunts like his self.
"Okay Okay slow your roll there capitano I can follow an order fine, I'm surprised you couldn't tell by my excellent behavior" Parker said holding his hands up in a sort of surrender with a small hint of sarcasm. "Besides you don't think I would sign up if I couldn't" Parker said raising himself up and clapping Ray on the back "We done here cause I'm thirsty" He ended and turned and walked out the door back to the room with the others.

XSoulManX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkmatter on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:35 pm

As Tyson gave intsrtuctions the thought crossed his mind that he had said no such words to Ecelon. <Our minds have been linked. Dont worry about> Taking the demons advice Jones shrugged and muttered to himself.

Jones waited as Tyson ordered them to leave. He would wait to the end as he wanted a word with his squad leader.He stared out the near window. There was a gentle breeze rustling the leaves. He subconciously began calculating callabrations to make up for the wind with his Sniper..

Darkmatter
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Ray nodded his approval. At least Parker was honest, and would make an effort. Perhaps he could be an asset to the team after all. "Good. Dismissed." After Parker left, Ray thought for a moment, then reached down below his desk to the mini-cooler. He snapped an ice-cold Kokanee out of its plastic ring and then walked through the hallways back to the common room.

He located Parker then threw the can to him. "Consider it a peace offering," he said with a nod.

Ray found Tyson next. After returning to his room he had remembered that Tyson had wanted to go over a few points with the troops before ten. "Sorry for stealing him," Ray said, nodding in Parker's direction. "But it was necessary. I'll make sure he's caught up."

Ray made his way over to Parker again. "You missed a couple things. But it's really simple. When you need your demon, you simply say, 'Summon.' The creature is linked to you now, so you don't have to be more specific than that. When you don't need it, you say, 'De-summon.' Got it?" He grinned and clapped Parker on the back, just a little bit harder than what Parker had done to him a few minutes ago.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shikakid55 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Tyson noticed someone bow and ask him a question.
"In a moment we are going to train and thats when you can equip items.

shikakid55
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StealFire on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Hallow nodded in understanding.

"OK," she said, "that's fine."

She went over to one side and sat down with Duzzie. Resting her back against his hind leg. She noticed he smelled like clover and rosemary and nuzzled closer, entwining her fingers into his green-black fur. She felt utterly relaxed for the first time since she left the homeland 12 years ago with her father. Hallow sighed.

StealFire
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AquaAerios on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:00 pm

Rain.

The door to the headquarters opened, a sad sight of a figure, soaked in water, walked in slowly, shaking his head as he deposited his sniper rifle in his jacket but kept his giant spear out, still wrapped to his back. The others were probably elsewhere, as the welcoming party for Ryan was described by the silent echoes that wrapped through the corridors. He wouldn't make himself known, just greet people as they came.

AquaAerios
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XSoulManX on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:04 am

Parker looked over at Ray as he came in throwing him a beer. "Thanks man" Parker said as he popped the top and took a sip. As he held the can and puckered his lips he felt something gingerly nudging the can and looked to the see the chimera's bear head licking the top a little, and he immediately drew away. "Hey, no way buddy you already got the chocolate. Besides the last thing we need is a drunk monster" he said laughing a little and at his words the chimera growled slightly. When Ray came over and began explaining about summoning he smiled and spoke. "I'm not sure this guy here's gonna like being "summoned" to much" and began taking another sip of the Kokanee when ray clapped his back with surprising force, and when he walked away Parker started coughing trying to keep his drink down. He looked back over at the three heads next to him snickering, and he held out his hand and said "desummon" and watched as the chimera disappeared and reappeared i its cage.

XSoulManX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Helena smiled to the man, happy that he actually acknowledged her and spoke to her like she was someone. "My name is Helena and my powers are not fully developed to my knowledge but the powers I posses at this time include: teleportation, super speed, being able to look like a human as I do now, and then I can since my master and find him." she replied, taking in a deep breath hoping he would accept her as his pet. "I am loyal and dependable. Please, don't ignore fate. "
Image Image Image Image

Mina Blackraven
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kunoichi26 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:39 pm

Ryan listened to his squad commander and took note of the instructions provided. He wondered where the demons went when they were de-summoned... He looked up at the bull that stood beside him and at the demons his colleagues had chosen, and he found it rather interesting that they all had creatures that humans had regarded as demons for centuries: a hellhound, a cu sith, and what appeared to be a warg. He would have to ask later. Ryan smiled and nodded at the woman beside him, unsure of what to say and anxious to start moving. He was a slight bit concerned about his team's apparent lack of teamwork, but perhaps that may come with time.
"Art is the language of human emotion...with it, one can transcend the boundaries of mere words and speak with feeling and understand the subtleties of intention. Without art, there is no understanding...we are left cold and empty, riddled with doubt." - Patsy Books

Visit my gallery!

Here is a helpful tutorial.

Kunoichi26
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mastai MoonWolf on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:36 pm

Kadzait looked around one last time at the other demons, ''Well Helena, you do sound useful.Even if they are not fully developed, that just means i get to see you become more.'' The demon he chooses gets a taste of freedom, the thought of leaving others in cages to be slaves. ''Well Helena, do you want to be my partner? '' Kadzait stood back up, with his hand on the lock. The cold lock, one that is the boundary that contained every demon in the room. He did not even know how the binding effects people, or how it even takes place. The only thing that comes to mind is change, better or worse. This was a worthy companion to join him, because it was strong enough to admit its faults. His ears open for the captains orders on what to do next. He was behind the others, because he was talking to Helena.
Last edited by Mastai MoonWolf on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mastai MoonWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shikakid55 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

"Now that everyone has summoned there demon I want to see how well you guys are with them." he said. Tyson went up to the com and started to press buttons. There was a door opening and there was a field.
"Now this may look easy but trust me once you set foot on the field you have to work with your demon and there will be alot and i mean alot of guns, blades, and obstacle courses."

shikakid55
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!