Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mysterious monsters IC

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Re: Mysterious monsters IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:43 am

Ray clapped his hands twice and headed outside. "Hop to it, Beta Team!" he commanded, his voice loud enough to be heard throughout the entire room. He spun and walked out onto the field. It was a good training course, made even better by the rain. Now the recruits were going to have to get down and dirty, just like the real thing.

As he crossed his arms, Quetz took to the sky, stretching her wings for a few moments before landing on a nearby flagpole and screeching loudly.

Ray stood stoically, waiting for his squad to take to the field.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AquaAerios on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:33 am

It took a while for him to oriented on where he was headed, but Ryan was, strangely, finally in front of the other members of the squad. By the looks of it, he had missed a good chunk of... well, whatever they were headed for. Punishment would arrive in due course, but for the moment, he looked around, wondering where his squad members and squad captain was. The spearhead behind Ryan gazed defiantly at the other soldiers, as tall and overbearing as it was.
When food grows cold, when the water overflows a cup... it's a sign you're not paying attention. You eat food, don't let it go to waste.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AquaAerios
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Helena smiled to him and nodded her head. She was so happy that he had listened to her. "I will be your your pet." she replied, bowing her head as much as she could in the small cage. Though it was big compared to the rest, it was small for her because of her human size. "Thank you, sir." She added, still bowing her head before looking up at him.
Image Image Image Image

Mina Blackraven
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mastai MoonWolf on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Kadzait let out a smile as he unlocked the cage and grabbed her hand, helping her out. When he could feel her skin, it was as if energy shot through him. Change was already happening by laying his hand on a demon. ''Do us both a favor and just call me Kadzait, as far as im concerned, you have my back more then the others.'' He began walking to the door to wait for his captains order to go. Every now and then looking behind to make sure Helena was even there. He was sure that she would not run off, he even knew that over time she may be the one he depends on the most.

It was obvious that the leader of sqaud one was also the head of the entire thing. He is throwing around the bigger orders. Even if that is true, Ken is the major priority to protect, if he falls, then the squad falls. That may just cause Tyson to make odd decisions because he lost a squad, or it may have the reverse effect and make him more careful, but to careful and everything crumbles apart and they would be to late. Kadzait looked out the door, wondering if it was literally practice with captured beasts or some kind of simulation.

Mastai MoonWolf
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shikakid55 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:49 pm

"Oh and the demons that are stuck in the cages are going to try to kill you.....HAHAHA!" He laughed. He and Nightmare picked up the cages and slowly carried it to the room. The unlocked the cages and the demons rushed around the room. Tyson walked back up to the computer and pressed some buttons. A table of weapons came up.
"Now here is the weapons.We read the the applications and picked up the weapons you like. " Tyson said. He walked back to the computer and another table appeared. This time 4 keys and a glowing sword appeared. "This is my weapon.....He picked up the sword. it was crafted from the most posionous vemon with the fur of werewolfs." he said. He put it on his back and picked up the keys. "The keys will unlock the door. At the end." he said. Finally he went to the other room and turned his head from side to side.
"The demons should be everywhere by now." he said. He walked back and went to another computer. He pressed buttons and a door opened. "This is where me and the other squad leaders and we will be watching." he said. He gestured the other team leaders to the room..........
ImageImageImageImagehehehe didn't see that coming
Or that

shikakid55
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XSoulManX on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Parker walked to the table with the weapons and picked up another couple rounds for his Thompson and looked out the door to Ray who was standing there waiting for the rest of the team two follow him out. He motioned for the chimera to follow him out and he did right up to Ray were he stood and watched as the beasts ran ramped all across the field and he let out a long whistle in response to them having to go out there and take them out.
"Is that guy serious or just a little of his rocker" Parker whispered to Ray as Tyson laughed rather manically over at his computers.

XSoulManX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Helena appreciated the help and smiled to him. "Yes master Kadzait. Thank you so much. I will not fail you." she said, bowing her head as she spoke. It was hard to walk at first because of being in the cage for so long, but she forced herself to keep keep up with him.

Mina Blackraven
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mastai MoonWolf on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Kadzait turned and faced Helena when he heard the tainted word. '' Don't call me master, you are my companion, just like a partner. Nothing less, nothing more. We are equal you and I, I was even considered a demon once.'' He took a few steps back as he watch the poor demons be pushed out of the cages and into the feild. To think, any one of those could be one of the demons someone chose. Just because no one chose them they are being sentenced to death. At least after death they will not be in cages. They have done nothing wrong to deserve death, to be caged and slaughtered. Its just not right, what mad man's training is this? Kadzait began to wonder if any one else related to their demons to those that were just sent to be slaughtered.

''Helena, remember, this is not practice. This is murder, they have been caged for to long, they have been weakened just like you. How it was hard to walk. What have they done to deserve this punishment?'' He whispered to her, knowing that she would have some understanding to what he meant. These demons won't even fight for the normal reasons. All they want is to protect themselves, to survive. ''Ken? Is this truelly necessary? If it is, then why don't our squad commanders join us. It is just as important for you to learn how your squad interacts to your orders. We can't depend on one person, the entire squad has to work together!'' He yelled, also directing towards the other leaders. Then his voice lowered to a more gentle tone, ''Im done with pointless murder, if you want to test my abilities then make it on the field itself. These demons have already served their punishment by being locked in your cages.''

Mastai MoonWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shikakid55 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Tyson had heard what Kadzait said. He wanted to yell but he couldn't. He inhaled alot of air and exhaled. "Ok.He sounded calm and gentle This is what I said, they will try to kill you and the weapons are not even dipped in the write type of magic to kill them. " he said. He then examined the grunts. "And were sending you alone before we can come into the 2nd feild that will be more of a challenge because you will need the password." he said.

shikakid55
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:45 pm

Helena nodded to Kadzait, smiling a little before making it vanish. She didn't want the others to see her smile because they may then think less of him. She couldn't have that and no matter what she had it in her mind that he was her master.
When he spoked her again she looked to him with a shocked expression. He thought of all of them as equal? "Yes, Sir. I understand." she replied, keeping her voice level and neutral.

Mina Blackraven
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kunoichi26 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:25 am

Ryan looked at the small pistol he had taken from the table and pocketed it. He would only use it for emergencies, for his staff and pocket knife were his main weapons and he had little use for anything else. He was relieved to hear that they would not be killing the creatures, for it was horrifying to slay the creatures he had searched for all his life. He knew that he would have to sometime, that was what they had been told to do, but he would like to prevent any unnecessary slaughter. Ryan looked up at the bull beside him and gave the horned demon a grim smile.

"Are you prepared for what lies ahead Taurus?" The bull balled his large, meaty fists and snorted.

"Yes lord." The beast said, and Ryan waved his hand awkwardly.

"No need for formality, my friend. You may simply address me as Ryan." The bull's dark eyes widened in surprise before he nodded and bowed his head respectfully.

"Yes...Ryan."

Ryan smiled, perhaps it may take a while before the strange demon grew accustomed to partnership, but he was looking forward to working with the bull. He only hoped that getting along with the other members of his squad as a team would be as easy.
"Art is the language of human emotion...with it, one can transcend the boundaries of mere words and speak with feeling and understand the subtleties of intention. Without art, there is no understanding...we are left cold and empty, riddled with doubt." - Patsy Books

Visit my gallery!

Here is a helpful tutorial.

Kunoichi26
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:26 am

Ken tilted his head towards Kadzait, he could feel what empathy he had for the creatures ...but unfortunately Ken did not. His stubbled chin dipped as his straight line lips curved into a frown, more like a grimace.

"Then kill those who only want to attack you, because if you don't ...they're only going to kill other people." He understood there were some tame ones, ones like Taurus and Willow who do not deserve it. The test was meant as a trial of reasoning as well, to only slay those who deserve it. But Ken unknowingly faulted it by explaining the answer to Kadzait's worries, at least the youth will be less misguided to the organization's intentions now.

"Which blood would you rather have on your hands, a person's or a monster's?" He paused to turn away from him, looking at the now crowding field of creatures. Rain trickled down the reinforced glass screen, beyond the clear stripes stood lurking shadows that stalked into the street lamps, revealing a four legged abomination with plates of bones and exposed flesh.

"It's not pointless, it's meting justice." Flashbacks of what happened past caused Ken to promptly shut his eyes and will it away, inhaling a long breath. Feeling the rise and fall of his own large chest, to calm himself down."It's our survival too," He said as a matter of factly, "Don't you be worrying. When things get rough, we'll jump in." He sort of hoped that would be the case.

While the ones in charge truly wanted to just see each recruit's capabilities, Ken would not mention it. He did not want to make them seem like test rats, like mere tools of the organization. No, each person was an individual. But even more so, he relished a moment of seeing a monster slayed in the most hideous manner. Their blood or lack of, splattered all over the arena. Vengeance mete out against them, giving them no time to repent. His grip on the shotgun tightened, the sound of cured hide cracking could be soundly heard and the hint of a twisted smile began forming.

"Gaia bless you all." He said, urging the rest of them to continue with the mission. Though he left some things out discreetly, he thought it was for the best.

"And do your best, Helena." He raised a slight thumbsup to her, the other indirect member of this squad. Ironic, since he murdered many other of the other creatures right in front of her in inhumane manners, that he could treat her that way. Yuki however has been silent so far, could it be she was having second thoughts?

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mastai MoonWolf on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Kadzait walked over to the table and grabbed his spear. ''Well then Ken, by your logic I can't argue. But these are no monsters, they have as much right to be here as you and me.'' He slowly walked out onto the feild. Knowing that the lives of his squad mates were worth more then the demons. Then again they could protect themselves, it was doubtful that he would even make a difference.

His ears twitched when he heard Ken speaking to Helena, so they did know eachother. ''Don't worry about calling anyone sir Helena, I told you, we are equal now. You will save my life just as much as I will help yours.'' Another smile came from Kadzait, hoping to keep her faithful to help him. Either way the mission is to protect Ken, so chances are he would most likely send Helena to help protect Ken if he didn't have enough protection already.

Kadzait turned to Tyson and gave a slight bow, showing that he still has plenty of respect. ''If I go on a blood craze, its going to be your problem.'' He said quietly still smiling, knowing that in order to do good he will have to break a few promises he once made. Looking over the feild, as many demons hid in their dark corners. Others just took place in the middle of the feild deciding to take a last stand. Kadzait stabs his spear into the ground as he continues to look at the area. The rain cooling off the air making the beauty of it complete. Soon, the even more beautiful art of blood shall take place of this rain. The thirst was already building up, for he knew he could not avoid the blood staining his clothes. The drops that land around the mouth that allows him to taste the blood of a demon. ''May Erebus serve us with blood.''

Mastai MoonWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Helena's eyes became wide when someone spoke to her that wasn't Kadzait. Forcing a smile she nodded to show she understood what he said, but didn't reply. She was becoming nervous by the mission and how much she could trust the others. When Kadzait spoke to her again, his words were a confidence booster. "Ok, Kadzait." She replied, while looking around at everyone.
"Kadzait, I hate to be a bother, but... When this is all done I will be needing a weapon." She said, glancing over to him before looking back to the demons on the field.

Mina Blackraven
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shikakid55 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 pm

"You may now enter the feild!" he said. The three comanders walked into the other room. In the room was high tec weapons and buttons.

shikakid55
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kunoichi26 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Ryan nodded to Taurus and they stepped out onto the field. The son of Hermes took the bronze-tipped staff that hung across his back and held it with both hands defensively, prepared for whatever may come at him. He looked out at the many demons scattered across the field, and his grip on the wooden shaft of the staff tightened. This would not be pleasant.

A small, spindly creature crept out of the shadows from the side and ambushed the man that prevented its escape. Ryan quickly parried its attack, and the thing clung to the staff with its long fingers like an abnormally large spider. It hissed at Ryan and bared its countless needle like fangs. Its eyes were wide and frog like, and Ryan could see the fear in them as it fought for its freedom.

A grindylow, Ryan thought, even as he fought to keep its grasping claws away from his face. It's amphibious skin was dry and cracked, and its strength was quickly waning from its long confinement. Quickly, Ryan threw the creature down onto the hard floor, and with a swift blow to the head he granted the creature its wish. But with the death of one, others came to take its place and challenge the man for denying their freedom. Oh, how he wished it were not so!

Grimly he took on the task before him, and with the help of the bull at his side he slew the demons that attacked him. He was only partially aware of the others fighting on the field alongside him, and he tried not to think of the many horrible ways some of them were slaying the poor creatures. He looked at the fantastical beasts that hid in the shadows with pity, what was to become of them? The benevolent creatures that were innocent of any harm: the unicorn, the phoenix, the Alphyn, and others. Yes, there were those that would harm humans, such as vampires, but why condemn them all?

Ryan was jarred back to the reality of the test as Taurus' huge hand pushed him back and out of the way of several lethal spikes whizzing in their direction. Ryan gasped at the narrow miss, this was not the place to think, and he cautiously looked around the bull's bulk to see what had attacked him.

It was hideous. It was feline in form, with a thick shaggy mane like that of a lion, but where the lion's head should have been was a leering, humanoid face. It's red eyes glinted with malice as it yowled, a terrifying mixture of a woman's scream and a panther's roar. It's mouth stretched far beyond what was humanely possible, and it was lined with rows upon rows of jagged fangs. It gave Ryan a smile that sent chills up his spine, and it hissed an alien laugh at his expression.

"Why are you here?," It asked, and it's voice was like sweet honey, enchanting as it was deadly. Ryan held up his staff defensively and took a step back, just as the manticore took a step forward.

"You don't know what you're doing..." it said. "You don't want to be here...drop your staff." Ryan remained still as he gazed at the monster, trying to figure out what to do. He looked to Taurus, but the bull was busy fighting a dragon and could not help him. Even with all the chaos around them, it seemed like time stood still for Ryan as the manticore crept closer.

"Let down your staff," it repeated smoothly, "you don't need it." Ryan's fingers loosened their hold on the weapon, and Ryan shook his head to clear the monster's honey words out of his head. These things were dangerous, he had known that all of his life, but it was difficult to concentrate when its voice was so entrancing.

"No," he said, and he was surprised by how shaky he sounded. He cleared his throat and tried again, stronger and more forceful, "No, I shall not drop the staff. It was given to me by Hermes himself, and I shall defeat you, monster." The manticore laughed as it walked ever closer.

"Hermes?" It asked. "The god of thieves and mischief gave you a weapon to defeat us? Tell me, dear human, did he also tell you that you are his son? That you must now spend your life fighting us?"

"Yes he did. Not necessarily the portion on fighting but-"

"And, dear human, have you seen him any other time since?"

"Well, no...but he's a god, I'm certain he's quite busy."

"Ah, and yet he cannot find time to visit his son..." The manticore shook its head in mock sympathy before its thin lips curled into a smile. "One can only assume that it is a delusion. You are not the son of Hermes, you are not fighting anything...it is just you and I, and you do not need a weapon when we are only talking."

Ryan could not move, and though his mind screamed out a solid "NO!" his body did not listen. The staff fell from his loose fingers, and his heavy feet refused to move away from the monster that approached him. He tried to look away from those beautiful, hideous eyes, but he was lost in their crimson depths and the voice that enveloped him like sweet honey.

Taurus! He thought desperately. Anyone! The manticore seemed to gloat at his helplessness, but its smile quickly transformed into a snarl of anger and pain as the huge bull rammed into its side. The monster was thrown far across the field before it rolled and finally collapsed onto the floor in a heap of broken bones. The connection lost, Ryan shook his head to try and rid the dizziness he felt. He quickly picked up his staff and leaned heavily on it as he let out a shaky laugh of relief and unexpressed fear.

"Thank you Taurus," he said. "I owe you my life." The bull grunted and dipped his head in response, and they watched as the manticore managed to get up painfully on its feet before it was slaughtered by another human. Ryan grimaced, "Well my friend, the test is not over yet. Let us continue on this mad quest..."

((OOC: Is this RP dead?))

Kunoichi26
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:44 am

On the field, amongst the rain of red and water, one of the recruits faltered against the manticore. Such vicious creatures, enticing their victims with lies and a silver tongue, beguiling their dark hearts. Only to have that same tongue taste the blood of those foolish enough to believe them, Ken involuntarily took a rash step forward towards the door disregarding what harsh stares might follow.

Sliding a card through the mechanized slot, the door clicked open and released into the room a gush of humid stench. Grime battered into Ken's trenchcoat, the squallss made him squint trying to make aim. There was utter chaos out there, he respotted the manticore again. Weaving it's enchantments into another's mind, he had to do something before it claimed a life.

Preparing to fire a round into the monster, Taurus slammed into his target in an unexpected act of valor before he could pull his finger back. As the bull rose, so did Ken lift his head to peer downwards at it. There was no need for respect to these things, only the foolish would befriend them.

Trying to distract himself from what just happened, he adjusted his sights onto the felid creature. Perhaps you're too much for them ...well, you've just passed expiry date mate.

Raising his staff towards the manticore, Ken could feel the winds beating around him begin to calm. As if rain was caught in a moment of time, a single droplet slowed to a stop mid-air. Suspended, by forces the mind can only begin to comprehend. Then slowly, it began to rise alongside many more.

"Vox ut lies in radix partu-um..." Jaws moving ever so slightly as he bore down on the monster, speaking in an unintelligible language.

"Sapientia inscribis in agum preteritus ..." A voice soon became a chorus, echoing even though it was spoken to softly.

"EXORIOR~" Ken hissed, so full of hatred so full of will. The water that pooled at his feet parted, pushing back against the flow. With his right hand, he held the shotgun alongside the stave. Both pointing towards the ignorant abberation.

"Quod exsisto existo pro mihi." He declared, a burst of flame left the barrel of his shotgun as he pulled the trigger. Whilst most would normally end, the explosion grew from a spark to a fiery trail behind the hail of bullets that slammed into the body of the monster. Into the gun wounds, these flames crept. Burrowing through the manticore's flesh, leaving veins of a molten glow under it's skin.

And as rain fell, it vaporized instantly upon touching the monstrosity. Only dulling the glow momentarily, till the manticore's eyes melted from it's sockets dripping into sludge that slathered it's maw. Justice has been met, it had it coming.

Turning his back, the curtain of water fell to the ground like it should have long ago, a grin on Ken's face one so unlike his usual demanour. A soft laughter escaped him, a soft and insane laughter.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shikakid55 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Tyson watched as the grunts were running through the fields. He watched one fighting the manticore. "Remind me why we had a manticore again?" he said. He seen many going through it without a sweat. He wanted to make it more challenging. He looked around the control panel. He pressed a blue button and cannons poped out of the ground. A demon ran across it and the gun blew it up. "Oh! So thats what it does." he said. He watched another grunt fighting a gorgan.
Last edited by shikakid55 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

shikakid55
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:38 am

[OOC: Dude, read through the posts carefully. My character is not a grunt and ryan did not kill the manticore, also be a little more less cartoonish will ye? Also, I don't understand alot of what you're typing especially the names.]

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shikakid55 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:57 am

(OOC:Well sorry I had a bad day. I couldn't think right. When I meant grunt i meant ryan not you. so i edited)

shikakid55
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!