Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Naruto: Cloak and Dagger

a part of “Naruto: Cloak and Dagger”, a fictional universe by minibear.

Players engage in guerilla warfare within a city. Akatsuki, jinchūriki, or guardian, choose your side and fight

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Naruto: Cloak and Dagger”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Welcome to Naruto: Cloak and Dagger! If you have any questions or comments go ahead and ask away!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

minibear
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Naruto: Cloak and Dagger

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Very Interested, though how would you feel a about a character whose a refugee from the Land of Iron? This character wouldn't be a samurai per say , but would be something of a mix between shinobi and samurai?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Question: why no Rinnegan ban? Even if we ignore the Path abilities, the ability to use all nature manipulations is still rather...overwhelming in terms of power potential

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Illusionist on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Going to introduce myself now and answer a few of the questions. I am one of the Co-GM's for this rp. I will be here to answer questions when minibear cannot be, and I will be driving the story during certain periods in his stead, etc.

@Stark Contrast: Where your character is from and their abilities are entirely up to your own design, just give a reason for them being in the city that makes sense and be sure not to go overboard with your characters abilities. Basically if you want a hybrid try not to make them unstoppable in both close quarters combat with kenjutsu as well as unstoppable with another path, such as Genjutsu or Ninjutsu.

A Note: We will be looking over the character sheets and making sure characters are balanced and being semi-choosy as we want the teams to be balanced as well as providing some variety with characters.

@Nekohina: We just didn't put down any of the eye paths banned or otherwise. It is assumed people should know the Rinnegan is overpowered, but of course it all depends on the character someone makes. As I said above we are going to be doing are best to keep the characters and 'sides' as balanced as possible, both on a one by one basis and in an overall perspective. Chances are we will not allow a Rinnegan user even if one is created, but if the character is generally weak to begin with or incredibly well-balanced despite the fact of the eye it isn't entirely impossible. Truthfully though it will probably not be allowed.

The Illusionist
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:27 pm

whew, just thought I'd check. Seen so many Naruto RP's where Rinnegan was banned but GM gave everyone an EMS to make up for it. Or didn't ban it and subsequently ended up letting someone in because they felt bad about denying a well built character due to something they didn't explicitly ban.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Hey guys, glad to see some discussion already! I'm just going to confirm what The Illusionist said. We don't want to limit your freedom to create a character, we just want to make sure everything is balanced. As far as the banned styles, those were what we deemed impossible to balance in this RP setting. And since you bring up EMS... Well, it's not banned but no one will be spamming all kinds high level, high chakra consumption, jutsu. And that's not specific for EMS. Though I will go ahead and say I won't allow tailed beasts with the Mangekyo Sharingan, that would just be ridiculous.

Also @Nekohina, there's no need to make gennin to soak up the various kekkei genkai, if they're balanced we'll take them and if they aren't then we wont. Besides that, I don't anticipate there being much place for gennin level ninjas in this RP.

minibear
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoga on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey Neko told me about this. Looks pretty cool. Was wondering about a few things.

1. I wanted to make a magnet release character who (through a series of currently undetermined events) managed to encase his right arm in metal. Sound okay?

2. Me and Neko have another friend who wanted to join. He wanted to be 4 tails jinchūriki, and we would like to be his bodyguards. This cool? He would have to make his char tommorrow though

Hoga
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Hey Hoga, as it happens the magnet style is actually banned and I forgot to put it on the list. The reason decided to ban it is because the story is taking place in the Hidden Rain Village which is predominantly metal structures. Sorry about that.

Otherwise though it's find if you and Neko and a friend want to be a team, you will just need something other than magnet style.

minibear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoga on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Ah damnit that sucks. Chould I still have a metal arm, and just change my Kekkei Genkai? It would be a bit harder to justify though. I'm cool If I can't have it, but it was part of how our team works. The kekkei genkai can be worked around.

Hoga
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Sure, as long as you can justify it somehow I don't see any reason why you couldn't have it.

minibear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoga on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Sounds awesome dude. I'll have a character up later tonight. I like to go all out on my character sheets so don't expect anything quick. Also my spelling tonight makes me ashamed to be human.

Hoga
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:03 am

Illusionist, there's a small discrepancy with your Natures. Wood= Water-Earth. So your typing should be Water-Earth Lightning. I see you didn't grab any Wind techniques so this little change shouldn't mean anything to you.

Just thought I'd point out the detail. And I'm assuming since Wood needs equal proficiency with Earth and Water that you were able to save enough learning time to also get an advanced Lightning Jutsu like Chidori (since it's officially an A-rank technique).

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Illusionist on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:13 am

The name of my excuse for that is sleep deprivation combined with a heavy dose of tiring ass day which included strenuous amounts of exercise and a short amount of time to throw that character together.

And yes, you are free to assume whatever but if you take a peak at the rest of my jutsu I limited wood severely and more took it to keep the seemingly endless possibilities from being abused, and of course to build myself a random house on some random location numerous times for heavy amounts of laughter. Also, while you are looking at Chidori as a single jutsu, it is actually only a more rudimentary form of the lightning cutter technique, a mere byproduct of reaching the precise S-rank jutsu, which happens to be my characters pinnacle technique.

Thank you for pointing out wind though, it was from a build I had been considering without water or wood and got left in by chance. Anyways, I'm heading off to much needed sleep, whether I want to or not.

The Illusionist
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm

So here's the current thinking on chakra nature mastery: max 3 and you can be good with 2 and the other one is not so good. I actually had to spend some time thinking on considering how balanced Asura was. At first it seemed like he wasn't, given the Earth/Water to make wood style and the way he numerous powerful lightning ninjutsu. However, his wood and earth styles are both fairly limited, with most of his hitting power being in lighting with a water backup and a couple other jutsu. And he only took one jutsu for his additional skill, healing. Lastly, he's a ninjutsu master rather than taijutsu or genjutsu so it is feasible that he might have some more jutsu than average. This would come at the expense of another area, such as taijutsu, that won't really have much of a presence on the sheet itself due to the lack of specific techniques to write down.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what character sheets you guys send in!

minibear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:13 am

Hello! I've already talked with minibear via PM, but I thought I'd go ahead and make it official and say I'll be joining this RP! It'll be one of my first since joining this site, I believe. Hopefully this'll be fun.

I'll try to have my character up and posted ASAP!

There is no War in Ba Sing Se

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm not going to be able to join this unfortunately, as I've got duties bogging me down in RL, sorry guys. :(

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Illusionist on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:36 pm

For all those who have made characters just continue to work on them and we will be sending out PM's as things go to ensure a proper balance. For those who have expressed interested just let us know about the status of you characters, if you still plan on joining etc, and don't feel the need to rush, we are going to be waiting until we have at least half of the desired players before we start, and will accept along the way after that.

As for everyone else, the rp still has plenty of spots and those of you who wish can reserve a character slot or just make the sheet. PM or ask in OOC and I, or Minibear, will do our best to answer them all. Other than that I would like to mention we are especially looking for female characters at this time, mainly because we want about 1/3 to be female, if not closer to 1/2. That being said there is still plenty of space for new characters. Hope to see some here soon. Thanks.

The Illusionist
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minibear on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Hey guys, I hope your characters are coming along nicely. I have a bit of bad news though. I will be leaving in a few hours for a month-long camp where I won't have internet access. I will be leaving you in the capable hands of The Illusionist in my stead. If my internet situation changes I will be sure to let you guys know. My profile may be logged in from time to time, but that's because I've given The Illusionist my password so that he can accept new characters for this RP.

Good luck, and I hope to see this RP doing well when I return!

Story stuff: In regards to Akatsuki character backgrounds and such as they relate to my character, Tsuro, your characters won't know much about him, and he views your characters as associates. Non-akatsuki definitely don't know him. If there are any issues arising from such, I'll address them when I return. In the event I don't get an opening post up, The Illusionist will make the opening post. For Akatsuki players, you've already been given your mission, capture the beasts, you can either start in the Hidden Rain Village or post your infiltration. My character will spend the time I'm away preparing sites for the sealing of tailed beasts in the event any are captured.

Good luck and try not to die too fast!

minibear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 am

Finally got my character up! Hope she's up to spec and everything!

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Illusionist on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:22 am

Like your character and welcome aboard. We are going to be waiting for a few more characters, at least two or three more before we think about starting it up. After that we will probably begin and let others filter in as we continue, as explaining new arrivals would be quite easy and we don't want to wait too long. Anyways, any questions or concerns can be sent my way or asked in the OOC, I will be checking several times a day. Thanks.

The Illusionist
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!