Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New to this site, but an experienced role player

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New to this site, but an experienced role player

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Streak2K10 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:18 am

I'm Streak2K10, and new to this role play community. It seems to be a great site, but I know I will need help, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've already created my first role play here. It's called Blades Among Chaos. Please check it out, and if you like it, feel free to submit an application to join it. Tis just me, thus far.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Streak2K10
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: New to this site, but an experienced role player

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:34 am

Hello Streak2K10, and welcome to Roleplay Gateway!

It looks like I have the unique honor of being the very first greeter to welcome you to our humble abode here at Roleplay Gateway! :D My name is Ylanne (it makes a spiffy username too! --> ), and I am the site's resident crime writer. I'm also an editor (so feel free to ask me about publishing and the process if that's something you're interested) and part-time teacher. I'm always around, so you should feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, problems, suggestions, or requests in regards to the site, your roleplaying, and/or your writing. I would be happy to help you in any way I can, in any way necessary or desired. I respond to all queries within 24 hours. Because you are new to this site, I highly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity. (Other people to seek help from: Dark blue usernames denote mentors, green usernames denote moderators, and red usernames denote administrators).

As far as roleplay preferences go, I prefer modern/realistic roleplay, and especially character-driven stories (basically literary work), but am open to almost anything. Over the past few months, I have been experimenting with genres like fantasy and science-fiction, so if you have a good story idea, let me know. My current preference for mode of roleplay is text-based roleplay, or what we do here. I've also begun to participate in text-based fighting, which I found surprisingly interesting and compelling. (And LARP is the first kind of roleplay I've ever done, and it still remains my favorite! :D ).

If you're ever interested in private roleplay, just drop me a line anytime. Also feel free to check out the links in my signature. The folks round here are great people and great roleplayers, so if nothing I have posted is of interest, for one hundred percent sure, something someone else has posted will be. You can find practically everything here that you've ever imagined or could want to write, read, or roleplay - and if you for some crazy reason you don't see it, feel free to create it. We encourage creativity - it's the reason the site exists. Other than Eric (our founder) having way too much free time on his hands!

To shamelessly advertise my own roleplays, you should check out my newest roleplay, When the Lion Wakes, which is my typical modern/realistic setting, and is a character-driven story about crime and terrorism. We already started the IC thread, but are still accepting characters through September 2010. (We're looking for terrorist, FBI agent, and CIA agent characters, but other characters are also welcome; all characters are original characters created by their writers.) This one asks for a minimum of one post every two weeks (more is accepted, of course, and less is permitted with discussion with myself). Who knows, you might find it interesting! (On a side note, though, I will take a look-see at Blades Among Chaos, but I'm not sure if I can really commit to any other roleplays at the moment.)

Be sure to take a look at the site rules. There are only five of them, but they're all integral to the continued success of this community. Members on this site use the forums, the chat system, and the Roleplay Tab system for roleplaying. For help with the Roleplay Tab system, which is unique to our site, you might want to look at this user written guide. By the way, my reference guide, Ylanne's Guide to Roleplay Terminology includes not only general roleplaying terms (useful for those new to roleplaying altogether), but also a number of terms used specifically on this site (useful for anyone new to this site, or anyone acclimated to slightly different terminology).

And once again, welcome! I hope to see you more often around the forums. If you need anything or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Streak2K10 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks a bunch! I will definitely come to you if I need help, or have some kind of concern. I will also check out your role plays. Who knows, they may interest me. If you do happen to like my role play, feel free to join. The only thing I may have trouble with in the near future is advertising my role plays. I don't want to do anything against TOS, y'know. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Streak2K10
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Hello, and welcome, To rpg! Since Ylanne has already gotten you hooked up for the links, I'd like to just welcome you and spread my hope for seeing you on the forums and in the chat, where I happen to spend most-if-not-all of my free time. =p

-- Saken.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:41 am

Hey there Streak~ how are you finding things so far? Great right? XD I love it here.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi Streak! Glad you made it to RPG. ^.^ I'm sure you'll like it a lot here. Our community is really amazing and friendly and there's tons of new roleplays for you to browse through and possibly join!!

Hope everything goes good for you. ;P

-Akita

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Streak2K10 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

@Sko: Thanks!, yeah this place is great. I've already got my role play running. "Blades Among Chaos" Everyone feel free to join it.

@Akita: Thanks there are a bunch of role plays that have caught my eye, so yeah... :D

Streak2K10
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!