Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Not Another Superhero (Main), come on in and join

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Not Another Superhero (Main), come on in and join

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Name: Dorian McGregor
Sex: Male
Hair style and Color: Blond hair that is kept longer, but not to long. It is parted down the middle and the sides swept back.
Eye Color: Green-Blue
Race: White
Blood Type: O-positive
Power: Can manipulate shadows and transport between them.
The K Factor: Light bothers him, intense light would leave him in a vulnerable state.
Alignment so far: Dorian has always been a good child, did his homework and cleaned his room, why should a power change that?
Clothes type: Wears a simple, black hoodie with the hood up. his is to keep the sun off his skin. He wears a pair of blue jeans and some hiking boots. Black, leather gloves protect his hands from the sun's rays.
Music: He enjoys classical music the most. His favorite song being "In the Hall of the Mountain King." He also can enjoy most other forms of music except for screamo and rap.
Backstory: Dorian grew up in an orphanage that was sponsored by the Harris family. Growing up he was sort of anti-social, but was always happy to see Mr. Harris coming to check on the Building. Mr. Harris always brought along his son, Gabriel. Gabriel was Dorians best and only friend.
Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you're dealing with?
-Ganondorf-

And so... You must be silenced!

What does not kill you only makes you stronger, or puts you into a diabetic coma.
-Lord Validrir

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shronian
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:25 pm

For anyone new, here's another spot to try out.

not-another-superhero-epsilon-come-and-join-t10723.html

Thats right we got so big that I had to make a third one. So here it is. Come on and join on up.
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mind Eater on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Name: Brian ZakHaev (Russian father, american mother.)
Age- 17
Sex - Male
Hair style and Color- Messy jet black hair. Short.
Eye Color- Black
Race- White
Blood Type- O
Power- Sub-atomic MicroKinesis. (Can take substances and create other items with them. Ex: Taking a clump of steel and turning it into a gun with some bullets.) Pro: Can get anything out of something else. Con: Sometimes if I want a gun, I get a colf club head.
The K Factor- Extremely strong magnets. I'm talkin the sorta magnets that are in MRI machines. It messes with the ability to transform metals.
Alignment so far- Neutral. (Does what he wants, when he wants.)
Clothes type- Blacklabel, any brand of Cargo pants, basicly anything comfertable.
Music- Everything. (From Marilyn Manson to Phantom of the Opera to Daft Punk.)
Back story- Always the Anarchist, Brian was known to use his ever-expanding intelligence to get what he wanted, whether it be by blackmail, nagotiations, or just his charm. Now, instead of just using his brains and beating kids to a pulp, he has am actual anonymous way to get his point across.

Mind Eater
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:33 pm

Mind Eater were about to start Epsilon soon so you might want to head there and put your sheet up.

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Xer I'm scrapping my other char it didn't work for me so yeah can I make a new one
Those who think they know everything do not know that they do not know what they do not
know-Knock

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

If Aeropastle told teens that it was cool to hold your breath and die 85% of teens would if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their faces add this to your sig

knock
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:06 pm

sure which one were you in?

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Omega I want to go to epsilon with this guy
Name:Brandon Limmens
Age-19
Sex -M
Hair style and Color-some of the most untidy hair ever to be seen it seems to be caked in dirt at all times and only on a good day can you see the brownish sheen in it.
Eye Color-Blue
Race- White
Blood Type-+O
Power- He can morph and shift appearing as anything he has touched before
The K Factor-He has an aversion to gold and as a result doesn't wear jewelry
Alignment so far-He's a villain but not evil he will go as far as he can not to hurt you but if that's the only way...
Clothes type:He likes to shop at anywhere really as long as it has good clothes he prefers the color black
Music- Papa Roach Simple plan Fall out boy and My Chemical Romance
Back story- He was raised in a family that had little money and were always struggling to make ends meet but with his fathers death he had to turn to less legal methods of getting money such as pickpocketing mugging and his latest endeavor

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Ya knock thats fine learn to have the power limited when you get it, alright just post it on the OOC and hurry and post on the IC afterwards.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tuffguy1992 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:51 am

Age - 16
Sex - Male
Hair style and Color - Spiked, Blonde
Eye Color-Blue/Hazel
Race- White, Non-Hispanic
Blood Type-O
Power- Can manipulate blood. If the blood is in a living person, it hurts in the same place he manipulated it.
The K Factor- If his blood touches anything that burns (fire, acid, etc.), he gets hurt.
Alignment so far- Neutral, Vengeful
Clothes type, Aeropostle, American Eagle
Music- Metal (any type)
Back story- During his life, he got cut a lot, and bled almost every day. One day, one of his wounds dug into his skin so deeply, his blood touched his DNA and he passed out. He woke up in the ER a few days later with no one in the room, and saw blood floating in the room. He got scared and it dropped. (That will do for now. I'm not in the mood for telling the whole story.)
Last edited by tuffguy1992 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ohthough I am new here my mind never stops daydreaming about the infinite. Any outsiders who offend are just looking at the gateway...

tuffguy1992
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:54 am

Tuffguy im gonna need more detail-
Power- i have more questions than anything to go on, How will you fight in PvP sense this game will be heavily based in it.?
Do you have terms or limits to the power, can it only work when a certain criteria is met. Because I will not allow you just controlling whoever and when ever.

The K Factor- that weakness only seem to be a one time thing. We need more of a weakness, like something that can hurt him.

Backstory- Tuffguy, in this story, everyone is a Teenager that is either going through, or out of High school or Middle school. Your person's backstory needs to be a little more detailed, and a little more realistic, than to be an Assassin at the age of 16, which I find rather absurd

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jengal on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:48 am

Name- Kara Night
Age-15
Sex - Female
Hair style and Color- shoulder length black hair, very straight
Eye Color- Hazel
Race- White
Blood Type- B
Power- Elemental touch - the power to harness an element in her hand, and to attack someone with it on touch, e.g Spicy touch - Burn someone with her hand etc. but the bad thing about this is if she doesnt touch another living being in 5 minutes of igniting her hand with power, her power will turn around on her and attack her ten-fold
The K Factor- If she is hit by water when her hand is ignited, the same effect happens as if she has not touching a living being for 5 minutes, but it is not as severe
Alignment so far- Vengeful
Clothes type: Skelanimal clothing, Hot topic
Music- Peaches, Florence and the machine, Le Tigre.
Back story- Diagnosed with multiple personality syndrome when she was young, about 5. The two personalities she had were completely different in almost every single way, one was hyperactive and so happy it was bordering on psychotic, and the other was clinically depressed and dark, these personalities became even more extreme as the years wore on. She has stayed in an insane asylum since she was diagnosed and the doctors still dont know the reason. But when she got her powers she broke out and is ready to get her revenge on the world for locking her up in that disgusting dank asylum

Jengal
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:39 am

Name: William Christopher Von Anderson

Age- 19

Sex- Male

Hair style and Color- His hair is short, about down to his shoulders, and very, very messy- no matter what he does with it. It's the color of a chesnut tree.

Eye Color- A deep persian indigo.

Race- Caucasion.

Blood Type- A

Power- Telekineses. He can lift things up too 128 feet into the air and put them elsewhere. The target may NOT be over 1,000 pounds to be lifted. A couple hundred more, he can't lift them and his head begins to hurt REALLLY bad with the strained effort. Any more than that couple hundred and his head will split open.

The K Factor- He actually has two- his skin is really soft and flimsy, so he, like a Morning Glory, is easily injured. His second is psychological- If he gets touched behind his neck or on his back, it makes him REALLY out of it, and it also makes him bleed from his mouth.

Alignment so far- He's good, but he's a villain.

Back story- Will was born in an urban town in Washington state, Bremerton. He was the one child of two people- Sandra and David Von Anderson, up until he was four years old. That year, his parents and he decided that he wanted a little sibling. So his parents went out, and they brought home a baby girl, named Johanna Anneliese. The grew up together as a family, and none of them cared that she was adopted.

When he was thirteen, he joined a gang- Color Stage. He was climbing that ladder towards the top fast. When he was seventeen, the family was attacked by the gang 'The Golden Eagles'. His parents were killed, and his adopted sister survived with scars. She joined the gang immediately with them, and he keeps trying to keep her from trouble the best he is able.

He got a car when he was eighteen, a little red barchetta. He goes and picks up Johanna from her new adopted parents' house every day and gets her home by midnight-when he can. BUt oftentimes, they're so busy that they're unable to get her home by then.

He currently lives alone in his apartment building.
But it's like . . . you've got this voice that just makes everything else go away. Singing or otherwise. It brings things down to what you're talking about and makes it . . . well, I dunno what the word is, but it's synonymous with beautiful.

Roselite
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chezzybab on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:50 pm

Name- Danielle May Wildon
Age- 15
Sex -female
Hair style and Color-(this hairstyle http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08k ... Z/610x.jpg) but this colour http://www.handbag.com/?module=images&f ... leId=46343
Eye Color- http://fc17.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/ ... _stock.jpg
Race- white
Blood Type- Group O
Power- she glows when she is happy but can't run fast to get away or fly. But if she manages to think of her happiest memory she can glow so hot that everything around her will turn to dust.
The K Factor-
Alignment so far- Neutral, currently on the good side but is getting bored.
Clothes type, New Look, Primary. Often wears slouchy jeans and slogan tops with pumps.
Music- Pop, soft rock, disco, techno, club, RnB
Back story- Born in Southampton, England. Lived there up to the age of 8 where her parents both got jobs in america. After a couple more moves they have finally ended up here where Danielle plans to stay until college.

chezzybab
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eragon the sniper on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:19 pm

Most information censored by the NSA

Name-////////////////////
Age-18
Sex-male
Hair style and color-////////////////////
Eye color-///////////////////
Race-German-white
Blood type-///////////////////
Power- Mind control
The K Factor- Pro- can make people, aliens,monsters, animals, ect.. do anythings he wants, con- takes energy (stamina) can be put into a coma if controls to long.
Alignment- Currently under the employment of the NSA
cloths type-/////////// has been given the stealth camouflage prototype.
Music-///////////
Back story- Has been erased. Social security number has been destroyed.
Like to write, like the inheritance series, Go to:
http://fanfiction.shurtugal.com/

Eragon the sniper
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Not Another Superhero !RESTART! Were Back!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Yes it's me again, and yes NSA is not dead, IT will start anew. All old players are free to bring this old gal back and see if thing can start off where it left off I'm just gonna repost the sheet if anyone is lost on how to start.

OK this story will simply start out with you lying in your bed, sitting in your chair, whatever, thinking about last night. Last night you found yourself lying in a large empty warehouse, with a bunch of other teens about your age, all waking up at the same time. Its late and you head back home, thinking it was all a dream. You wake up the next day and realize you have superpowers. What will you do with this new found ability. Help the weak, take revenge, fight for justice, get what you need, stay the same,or change everything around you. Apparently the power is in your hand, what you do with it is up to you.

The Setting is taken place in Atlanta Georgia, I just thought that his place need a few good heroes, and villains. I don't know, New York was getting kinda crowded, Damn Spidey, :lol:. The year is later on, lets say 2016, not to close to expect whats gonna happen, but not to far off to say its Sci-fi. Just kinda snug in the middle.

Plot, for right now that's a close secret, for right now I'm just gonna let your characters flow out, and deal with life with a new twist. Make it exciting, fight crime, steal money, save a kitty, whatever you think your character will do. But trust me the plot will come in.

Rules- (You knew this was coming, but its only nine steps to success. You can do it!)
1. No Godmodding, or Godding , meaning you can’t have super god moves. Like invincibility or saying that you can out last a nuke.
2. No bashing in the OOC forum
3. Keep the Romance at PG-13, though Romance is somewhat encourage, make it sound reasonable, and not too mushy or fake. Oh ya and don’t rush it, keep it nice a slow, that makes it seem more realistic, than the crap I usually see on this site.
4. You cannot kill anyone without the other player’s consent
5. Post must have at least two to three sentences. A mere phrase or comment will not work here.
6. If you have a problem with another player, take it up with me, and please try not to quit.
7. If you want to play you must be up for at least ten posts. Even if you don’t like it anymore, and you must put in a reason for your absence, like death or something along those lines.
8. Created NPC, or new Characters must be asked first, I’ll will be giving questions about goals and plot relevance, so don’t be making crap bad guys.
9. You cannot join unless accepted by me, no jumping in at random, or you will be kick.

Character Sheet.- This is going to be in depth, so I want you to answer a lot of questions, that will help you understand your character more. Red means they are a must have, green means you can pass.

Name- (Keep it Reasonable, something you would name your son or daughter.)
Age-(If you want powers you must be between the ages 10-19, the plot will explain why later)
Sex -(Yes Please, XD I just wanted to say it first)
Hair style and Color-(Please no DBZs or Animes)
Eye Color-
Race- (White, Black, Hispanic, no aliens)
Blood Type-
Power- (can only have one type of power, must have a con and pro it. Meaning you could get hurt.)
The K Factor- (The Kryptonite factor, what is your weakness. It can be anything, but please, make it make sense)
Alignment so far- (This can range from Holy,Good,Nice, Peaceful, Neutral, Vengeful, Bad,Evil,Demonic.Being bad doesn't mean you have to be a villain, nor does it mean you have to be good to be a hero. Anti-heroes are my faves)
Clothes type, (where would this person shop, so that I can get a style image, instead of the same clothes over and over, use brands.)
Music- (What would your person listen to.)
Back story- (Doesn't have to bee long, but please make it a goodin. But keep it simple we're in Modern America, and we're Teenagers make it make since. There is no need for a power backstory, that will be explained in the over all plot. Just no that you got it one day and you cant remember why. )

Oh and just for communication purposes, it it isn't too much to ask, if I could know you IM name. I've got Yahoo, if you've got anything else let me know. If you don't want a whole lot of people knowing your IM name, just PM me. IF you don't want to, that's fine. I personally cont know mine thought, D'oh.

If you have any question, thoughts or ideas, Pm me or post on this page. I'll be sure to answer as soon as possible.

The IC page will come up shortly I just need the support.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rokku on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Are we still having split settings, Xersist?

Rokku
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:49 pm

I know I've told you Rooku on chat, but just to let everyone else know, No. No Today, If we reach the numbers that we reached last time, well see, probably not.

Ask Qs if you got'em

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:52 pm

you know my msn :P
in fact i see you online right now :O
IM NOT A STALKER >0< XD

Name- Matilda (Mattie) Shiloh
Age-18
Sex - WOMAN :D
Hair style and Color- long, just below the chest. Jagged, scene-girl type cut. Black with blue and purple chunks. naturally blonde. has random
Eye Color- blue eyes
Race- ALIEN!! jkjk she's caucasian :)
Blood Type- um... red? im rele bad at this so im gonna say (wiki's it) O?
Power- Technopathy
A person with Technopathy can control any form of computer-based device. They can mentally write computer programs, manipulate data streams, and use their abilities to infulence real-world events.

The K Factor- she's human so pretty much take a knife and stab her. she'll die. oh also take away the electronics, take away her power :)
Alignment so far- she's good :) though she has a bit of a temper...
Clothes type- HOT TOPIC XD Tripp things like that.
Music- rock, emo, scremo, alternative, pop-rock, punk
Back story- When she was about five, her parents died. she was left in the custody of her aunt and uncle. Her uncle was a cop (omg this is so STEREOTYPICAL!) and taught her how to defend herself, so she knows a few fighting techniques. She went to school as a loser and ended up becoming wound in a world of music. she now has many connections around the underground music scene and can pretty much get anywhere despite being a 'loser'. She loves technology as well... why wouldnt she? :)

is that good enough? i can edit it a bit more if you want more :)
Last edited by .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:19 pm

Just a name, that would be great LDT

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rokku on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Name- Zack Royal
Age-17
Sex -Male
Hair style and Color- Black hair that's long in the front, with dirty blonde streaks on the sides.
Eye Color- Green
Race- White
Blood Type- AB
Power- He can turn his body into liquid metal. However, this transformation can only be used on one area at a time, and all it offers is minor transformational ability. i.e. no T-1000 shape-shifting.
The K Factor- Any strong enough magnetic force will pull him apart.
Alignment so far- Bad
Clothes type - N/A (I'm not into clothes much. :P)
Music- Classic and modern rock, techno/House
Back story- Zack has always been a criminal. ALWAYS. But it's rather hard to be a criminal when you always have to move, of course. But now, firmly based in Atlanta, Zack has pulled together a little gang of hoodlums called the Royals. Surprisingly smart, humorous, and sometimes charismatic, Zack might end up being something a lot more dangerous than just some hoodlum...

Rokku
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!