Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Not an emo monster RP

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Not an emo monster RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:05 pm

Wow, you people seriously cannot take a joke. Would I have apologized at the end of the post if I was serious? I was mocking myself and my hatred of communism. But w/e. I don't really give a shit if you wanna be all pissy about it, its not worth it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:53 pm

The joke stopped being funny after the first post of it.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kingmonkey+1 on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Name: Joseph Bell
Species: Human, born with some innate magical abilities
Physical description: Joseph is a physically unassuming man. His hair is thin and brown, receding slightly, and greying at the temples. He has a few wrinkles, and a stern expression on his face. He wears thin-framed glasses.
Physically, he is quite healthy and fit for a man of his age, although he is concerned that he will not stay healthy for long, due to a family history of late-developing heart conditions.

Notable Abilities: Joseph has limited magical powers, which are largely focused on illusion. Conjured images are no problem, even illusory sounds. He can conjure items with physical properties for short periods, although these are very basic in nature.

He also has the more subversive ability to manipulate emotions.

Joseph's true power is more mundane in nature. He controls one of the world's more powerful corporations, a shadow entity that runs holding companies that in turn run the companies whose products you use in everyday life. The financial power he wields gives him political influence. This is where his true strength lies.

Brief History: He never knew about his parents' true natures. They had tried so hard to hide their own abilities, trying to blend in with humans, whom they envied greatly. Joseph never fully understood, and when they died while he was still a young boy, he was denied the reasons for their unusual behaviour.

Raise by other humans, Joseph was careful to conceal his powers. He realized quite early on that an advantage concealed is a greater advantage than one openly known. He carried an ace in his sleeve for his whole life.

His natural charisma, coupled with his powers and his ambitious nature, made him a rising star. His own company quickly grew and grew. Along the way, he manipulated, and tricked his way only when ruthlessness failed, preferring to leave his hidden assets in the shadows. As his power grew, so did his influence. When politicians began to fall in line for him, he started to learn what he could from them.

It was through an old warlock, who needed political asylum after committing crimes in the UK, that Joseph learned of the Everstone (his name for the fabled gem of immortality). Knowing his time on Earth was limited, he realized he needed to gain that gem, in order to maintain his company. He saw his company as the beginning of a global empire, and believed that only his guiding vision would allow them to realize that goal.

Profession: CEO Agamemnon Holdings
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker, I get my lovin' from your mom.

kingmonkey+1
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:37 pm

So, when are we starting Jade?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:02 pm

I'll try and get the IC thread up on Tuesday, when I'm less busy.

Also, like I said I would prefer that a few people know each other before hand. At the very least there should be some recognition between characters, when it makes sense for it to be there.

And Gabriel...dead pan humor just doesn't work online. And it wasn't just your insistence on the communal societies, even when you were told multiple times to stop. It was your attitude about the whole thing. And continuing to flail like a wounded child when you're told off does little to improve my view of you. Grow up.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:05 pm

Well I can know people, seeing as I am a scientist as well as a warlock. If you want to establish a character dyadic with me, PM me and we can work it out.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:08 pm

I'm devastated. Your opinion of me was my whole life. What will I do now? Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Ta-ta, have fun. Mention me in therapy.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:37 am

Right, ignoring the @*#<&, I doubt ANYONE will know my char, unless we suddenly get a new centaur galloping from over the hills ... So, yeah, solo for me I guess.

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:03 am

Well, I thougt I'd try to develop my character more, but those were kind of his foundation stones. I figured everything I wrote there was what he has been doing the past time.

I think I'll be very original now and rip your idea with his convenience store going bad.

Rumours spread about Johannes, that he hunted you down if you didn't purchase something in his store (people have long known that he was a werewolf and had not looked down upon it at all), probably some angry customer or another store in the vicinity.

Now, he's going a bit emo what with the store going bad, so I am not pushing it longer than this :P.

One thing I figure as well, I mean, what isn't a werewolf good for in an expedition with competition and many enemies? I'm sure Alexandra would bring him along. Another thing I would add is that he also hasn't gone on vacation for at least 10 years and is looking for a new experience. Besides, who doesn't want to be immortal?

And yeah, about that, we could have an interresting fight or argue in the end about who keeps the damned stone? :O
^ The text your searching for is that way ^

http://www.myspace.com/ymudmusic - Rocking it the Ambiental way. With a bag of Frasse in my mouth.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:50 am

Sorry Ayaliss, but that still doesn't work because:
1. No emos! >< lol
2. True a werewolf would be useful, but he's not the only one in the world. She could easily go and pick one who's a dentist or some other profession, so his race does not qualify him.
3. While you've made it clear why HE would want to go, you still haven't given any actual reason for him to be invited.

Please try again ^^

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kingmonkey+1 on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:18 am

As a man of considerable wealth and power, my character would have both the motive, and the means to assemble a team of qualified professionals to retrieve it for him/with him. This could give a likely entry point for some of the other players.

Also, regarding opening the story on Tuesday, be aware that it's Canada Day so I likely wouldn't post until the day afterwards-- but I will post, oh yes, I will.

kingmonkey+1
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Well me and tigerz will now each other (our characters being siblings), maybe we're a little well known in the under world for the disappearance of valuable items.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:27 pm

I will also be busy on July 1st (WOO CANADA DAY!) so yeah.
Mosh pit.
Well-concealed tazer.
Hours of endless entertainment.

waterychan
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:01 am

I figured he owns a convenience store, and if it is of any value, he could get all kinds of supplies, places to sleep, discounts to use etc. with the help of various business contacts.

It's a lot what kind of person Alex really is. Would she prefer a cheery man who basically never drops to depression and who has a lot of possibilities around the US (if that's where we'll be playing), or would she prefer a muscular dentist killer werewolf?

And he's also not greedy, which could make a him a good "tool" since he won't be in for a fight when it comes to sharing and splitting and stuff. With that said, I think he's quite good to have on an expedition for various reasons.

If this is not enough, I'll try ONE more time, otherwise I will completely revamp him.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:16 pm

Sorry Ayaliss, but that still doesn't qualify he any more than dozens of other wolfies that could be chosen.

As far as Alex goes, what she would be looking for is a compact group of people who would be able to help get the stone. She's good at riddles and puzzles and is a fantastic shot with a hand held, along with being a vampire. Skall's character (herein referred to as Dr. Strangelove) is a genius warlock type. IW and Tigerz's characters are 'finders.' Billie's character is going to share the awesomeness of the group with the whole world. Think of something special you can add to the group rather than just being a convenience store owner...something that would make Indiana Alex (hayuk) notice and feel the need to invite you.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:17 pm

Oh, and in case no one's noticed, I decided not to really start up the thread until tomorrow, since a couple of us are going to be busy celebrating the maple leaf lovin' Canadians. :) Have fun, guys!

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black_Dragon on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:07 am

If still possible, I'd like to join up for this RP.

Name: Blair
Species: Centaur
Physical description:

Human part- Blair has lightly tanned olive skin, a slightly long neck, and a oval shaped face. She has a pair of big blue eyes, a small nose, and small pale lips. Her hair color is dark blonde, and it falls to her mid back. She is slightly thin, but has a decent muscle structure, mainly in her arms. She has a few birthmarks along her body, and none on her face. She wears a dark blue t-shirt, and a small black leather bracelet around her right wrist.

Horse part- Blair's lower half is that of a Arabian horse. Her wither height is 16.5 hands. She is a blue roan, with a white sock on her right back leg, and a white stocking on her left front leg. Her tail is slight long, and her legs are slightly dainty.
Notable Abilities: Blair is an extremely curious, and can spend hours trying to work something out. She is also fairly clumsy, but it often results into something good.
Brief History: Blair's herd was ravaged by disease, hunting, and outright slaughter. She managed to escape, and ran into Thelonius while still a young foal, and has been with him ever since.
Profession: She is extremely curious and wishes to know more. She is also handy with some tools, and a constant questioner.
Last edited by Black_Dragon on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image
------------------------------------------------
RPs I am in:
When Darkness Falls v.2.0 - Running, Please Join!

Black_Dragon
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:49 am

Uh, I'm guessing you won't be with Thelonius (my char) then ? Seeing as you disbanded from your herd ... just asking.

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black_Dragon on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:42 am

If it would work better for everyone, I can change that.

Black_Dragon
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!