Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Persona III: Memento Mori

OOC: Memento Mori: Persona III: Memento Mori

a part of “Persona III: Memento Mori”, a fictional universe by Tæfarós.

Let your Persona guide you into the darkness with open eyes and open hearts united. Don't be persuaded easily by despair; save all you know...while the chance is at least slight.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Persona III: Memento Mori”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Memento Mori: A Persona III Roleplay (OOC/Open!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Wed May 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Hmm. I should probably just go ahead and claim my Arcana, then, since I've got this ridiculous research paper due tomorrow, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to post my character.

...Again.

Anyway, my Arcana is the Tower. And character name is Ayakou Sabumidori.
And that's the last of my creativity claims spawned of my conscious refusal to accept a better writer with more time and opportunity dashing my ill conceived character design into oblivion. kthnxbai.

(Fun fact, as of the last two pages, I've established my character's orientation, weapon, skills, arcana, name, and base personality. Whuddup).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hoo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Wed May 19, 2010 5:11 pm

@block: Azure and Shattered pretty much threw it on the ground in terms of accuracy. Maybe we could play spontaneous super epic rescue mission and save Stevie before his ego gets burned.

@Maestro: Ohoho, a body carved by the gods? Foreshadowing! Looking dandy so far, though I'm seeing a trend in having an aversion to Hama--not your fault, mind you. I'm in the process reading and responding to your pee ems.

@Hoo: Ill-conceived character design? Betch, I'm still in the middle of cleaning up my character vomit, and here you are with your...your progress! You make me weep.

Seriously though, good job, and good luck on that research paper. I bet it'll be oodles of fun. D:
Last edited by Tæfarós on Wed May 19, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karri Khaos on Wed May 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Firstly... *throws cake at Victim* ...MY CAKE!

Ha, so I've never had an Rp site make me feel stupid before. Well my character's submitted, hope it was satisfactory.

Bleh I feel bad, I used a picture my friend made for his own Rp site XD. I was too lazy to draw Ivory too many PS projects on my plate.

ANYWAYS, yeah I came to this site with the "I'm not new to this thing I can handle it" attitude a few days ago, and went to join and RP, found the character skeleton but then the submitting process I was like .........WHAT TEH GOO?! And my thought's were shattered lol everything's so complicated I feel like a total newb. I just hope I don't make any big slip ups hahaha.

Karri Khaos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed May 19, 2010 5:19 pm

That’s cool and sorry I didn't mean to follow the trend. I just wanted to make it so that The Empress will be my weakness - it might change depending on what Lady Ethereal chooses.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 pm

I don't think we need to worry about the trend too much :P

...Unless Tæfarós goes sadistic and introduces the team to a Dark/Light Shadow with a weakness to Strike attacks. Then we're fucked.

Hoo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu May 20, 2010 12:10 am

So after constant tinkering, rewrites, editing, and more, I've finally got some semblance of a character sheet established - not done yet. Here it is if anyone wants to take a look at it.

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/memento-mori-a-persona-iii-roleplay/characters/kaito-murakami/

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Thu May 20, 2010 2:59 am

Karri, you've been acceptiwepted... Well, that sounds immature. Rest assured that this site won't gobble you up, omnom.

Okay, now I'm feeling sadistic. How does everyone feel about overpowered enemies from the get-go? If you're a REAL man, you'll be all for it.

And Maestro, I went ahead and accepted Kaito; he's looking fab, and you're working very diligently (unlike myself). Sorry about the delay in responding to your messages. My first priorities at the moment are simply surviving the rest of the week. Hooray! Next stop: editing locations in the Places Tab, finalizing my character, and physics. /brain dead

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Thu May 20, 2010 7:33 am

Good Day to all, I am the one who would take the Arcana of The Empress as introduced to me by Maestro, a good friend of mine. I had created my profile although, it is still a work in progress. But, I promise it will be up and about soon enough. Well, I have played Persona 1,2,3,4 and hopefully the upcoming Persona 5 >.<. I hope we will have fun roleplaying^^.
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karri Khaos on Thu May 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Well TAE TAE, that's right I said it, firstly some people like sadism, it's called masochism and is commonly used in B.D.S.M. pairs *cough* out of sex education now ha ha ha. generally isn't that how enimes are? They are way over powered in the beginning and then somehow on their journey the hero/heroine (ha ha drugs) becomes stronger that them and pwns all over their face in the final battle?

Anyways I'm for over powered enemies.

@ Hoo: Lol yeah someone make a basher!!! XD
Last edited by Karri Khaos on Thu May 20, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Karri Khaos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu May 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Wow! I'm very surprised at the cast so far for this role-play - it is beginning to turn out very nicely. So far I can tell that everyone who has joined is literate and won't be posting one-liners. However, I do hope everyone is as dedicated as me so we can turn this into a story that’ll long be remembered. Nothing I hate more than starting a story and never finishing it – such a rare feat to complete a role-play. The summer is coming so we should all make a pact to finish this story and enjoy ourselves – and not let our posts turn into choppy paragraphs! Let’s take our time and actually put thought into our words. No rushing!

Tæfarós feel free to take your time in posting back to me. I am at fault due to the large wave of ideas I sent you – but I didn’t want to miss anything! The GM should ALWAYS be familiar with the ideas and plot-lines going into his/her role-play. Hopefully you’ll be okay with all of them so I can execute my devious plan.

If all of you haven’t already realized, I will being playing one of the main antagonists who will be quite familiar within the story – more than the gods even. Long-story short, don’t think you’ll be shaking my character off anytime soon. But for now, I would appear to be on your side except, in real life, my identity along with Lady Ethereal’s – I think – will be a mystery. In no way will I be affiliated with S.E.E.S. or the school. My character will be independent in term of motives – until a later time where I reveal more. You just have to love suspense!

Also, I wouldn’t mind a few more antagonists to join alongside myself – only if interested that is. I think only about one or two people I would truly accept into my alliance/plan; preferably a guy and a girl so I can have a bit of variation in my little “team”.

I will complete my character sheet in the near future. Just have a few things left that I’d like to experiment with in the story first before I write them down. All you need to know is my character is very rich and powerful. He is the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company that is military funded. When it comes to having money, resources, and connections he is defiantly a force to you need to be wary of. But, he went into life wanting to make a difference so he would seem to be a very cheery helpful type of person. Unfortunately people tend to change.

Last, if you’re all smart, run your plans by the GM only! I’ve realized in role-plays when I start role-playing out everything that’s already... set in motion it isn’t as much fun or surprising. Keep the excitement up. Make plans, ideas, but only keep them between you and the GM! If everyone has their own twist in the story it will make this an enjoyable time for everyone!

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Maestro, you are quite the evil mastermind. The two times I've seen you, you've made bad guys. =) That said, my character is indeed neutral at the moment (though his first contact will be S.E.E.S.) and is open to persuasion by a certain CEO. Let the tug of war begin (when the IC starts)! Fight over who gets to be betrayed first! Just so you guys are forewarned, I do crazy things in both forum RPs and tabletop RPGs that often mess with the GM's plans and with much less insane characters.

blockcoder
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akito on Thu May 20, 2010 7:45 pm

My shield is Bash =D And my spear is Pierce. You have audience with a Fool.

I think it'd be fair to assume some of the characters already know or know of each other from school, instead of all being complete strangers. Anyone care to talk about that?

akito
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu May 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Further groundbreaking ideas with credit going to me and Lady Ethereal (mostly Lady Ethereal)! My character will be around 38 almost 40 which gives him plenty of time to know his way around his company, the Dark Hour, and more. So even realistically he outmatches simple kids - or so he'll think. Lady Ethereal's character will be around 34 and she does have some ties to the games in a way when it comes to her maiden name. Tell me if you catch that or not. Probably going to live in a penthouse, taking up a floor of accommodations at the very top of some large apartment/office building that overlooks the entire city - think Batman. There will most likely be a greenhouse above that which fits into Lady Ethereal's character and her passions for art.

Now is the connection between Kaito Muramaki and the students/school. Lady Ethereal had a splendid idea that the school would be funded by me which could be some unknown military program that has to do with the Dark Hour. It would be classified and Kaito of course would act like he thought it was all crap - but he knows more than he wishes to. His wife being a renowned sculptor might come to the school as a guest speaker. This would force some interaction between the two groups rather than being independent.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Oh big plot twists incoming , this persona roleplay seems like it will fly over the edge, the new ideas are really making it change from the Persona all we know (or we are making others to know.) can´t wait to begin this adventure and as Maestro said lets take the story to the end!

OP shadows? Can´t think of any examp... oh wait *Remembers first tartarus boss that could eat party with zio and had null physicall* uhh... *Remembers knight boss that could eat party using power and magical buffs (charges)* .... *Remembers fighting the Reaper* Ok I lied... But it´s all right I support the idea of fighting OP enemies it will bring more interest in chara growth.

Now that I was checking the characters I found out that Karri Khaos and I placed Temperance in the Persona type (oh noes).

And as I said in one of my previous posts I have decided on Yui´s weapon destiny make her a strike fighter,more precisely a kicker (Chie 2 lol), that way party will be "more balanced" and swords users, in both Persona and users, will be decreased. Oh yeah Persona sketch finally in chara page so I´m finally ready to start the RP.
|| Now I know that I´m the bane of my existence...||
True Story

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karri Khaos on Thu May 20, 2010 11:00 pm

@ Akito, I'm sure as well the polite thing to do would be to ask the owner of which ever you want your character or characters you want your own to know, and then discuss with them their relationship. Like if they are best friends or rivals or maybe a crush blah blah blah, all that good stuff.

And yay for a basher! lol

Karri Khaos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Fri May 21, 2010 12:39 am

Ooh, ooh, this is where we establish our preexisting character relations.

(Fun fact, as of the last two pages, I've established my character's orientation, weapon, skills, arcana, name, and base personality. Whuddup).

So yeah. I guess that's not much to go on, seeing as most of it only really applies to fighting shadows. But I guess I'll post some of what I have so far, and compile what I've already said. Promise that I'll submit my full character by mid Saturday, at the very latest (I won't be home til late tomorrow).

“Figures you don’t know who I am. Well, just so you know…”
Name: Ayakou Sabumidori
Orientation: Straight
Affiliation: SEES
Extracurricular Activity: Student Council, Art.

Weapon: Stop Sign (Think halberd)
Skills: Slice and Enhance
Arcana: The Tower
Persona: Discordia
“…Eh? You weren’t asking? W-Well, it’s not like I just wanted to tell you about myself or anything like that.”

Obviously there's more to it than that, but I think posting much more would just be overkill. It's a fair overview though, if anyone's interested in initial acquaintanceship. I assume she'd at least know somebody in the same extracurriculars though.

Something I didn't fit in there: She's a foreigner, but moved when she was younger. I don't think that matters much.

Hoo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akito on Fri May 21, 2010 3:38 am

It'll be easier to do so here than specifically zoning out someone to start relations with. Not just for my character of course, but that of others. For Hiro, I'd like to give him a friend or two who don't really understand him at times, as if there's something about that he's not sharing; but are still able to get along with him.

It seems we have a Husband/Wife pair as our enemy too. I hope I'm not the only one thinking of kidnapping one to hold hostage.

akito
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karri Khaos on Fri May 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Yeah it would be, lol I don't mind having Ivory be one of those friends if you want Akito. And if anyone else wants to have a previous friendship with Ivory just tell meh ^.^.

And YEAH I wanna kidnap one too. lol get all sadistic on them, no Stockholm syndrome.... or maybe there should be XD.

*On a completely different side note:

My last summer! I'm officially a senior in high school Q.Q OMG where did my childhood gooooo?*

Karri Khaos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Fri May 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Yeah I'm a senior this year too. A bit scary isn't it? But on the bright side school is almost over and I won't ever have to go back to it.

Anyway, I was going to say that I think there should be a posting order due to all the people. That or at least pace yourself at only one or two posts every few days. Don’t make me waste my time writing pages of work just to get a paragraph back. Besides, the rules do say literate! I believe in all of you. Did a little snooping and all of you are fantastic role-players – isn’t it beautiful? I’m still so shocked. ♥_♥ I can't wait to get this role-play going!

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karri Khaos on Fri May 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Snooping? Lol I've only been here like 4 days XD. Maybe more like three posts a day, two is extremely limiting and honestly if some one is posting one of their posts when you are too it doesn't matter their post number because they're still doing it so one of you will have to edit it.

Yes! keep it litterate! (<<< lol did that on purpose for giggles)

Tae Tae said we may start as early as this weekend, but no matter what I'm sure it'll be well
worth the wait.

Karri Khaos
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!