Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Outbreak!

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Outbreak!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:33 pm

(Last post for tonight. Selik has talked to me he gona come to us when he next post so don’t drive off stay here for a bit.)

“Yeah that is a good idea. We go to them if there not going to come to us.” Kenny quickly said before he patted Frank on the shoulder. “Hey pull over here quickly I want to grab some stuff from the chemist.” The bike slowed to a stop opposite the chemist and Kenny quickly got off the bike and jogged into the building. “Stay here and keep the engine running I won’t be long.” He shouted as he walked through the front door and out of sight.

The chemist smelt of medicine as usual and it didn’t take Kenny long to figure out that the building had been evacuated and looted already. Kenny slid the rucksack off his back and unzipped it before he started scanning the shelves. He grabbed a pack of bandages and plasters into the bag before he grabbed a medical kit and a large bottle of first aid spray. Kenny walked past the counter of the shop and stopped for a moment in front of the cashier. He looked down at the money left in the till, immediately he gave it a thump and grabbed the cash that had been left and stuffed it in the bag. As he approached the exit he noticed a large assortment of vitamin tablets; quickly he grabbed a couple packs and put them in the bag before he zipped it out and ran out into the middle of the road…

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OIL
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:00 pm

As Darren burst through the door his initial thought of the station being full of life was turned on it's head. Sitting across from him where the young woman who patched calls through was sitting at her desk. Face planted onto her keyboard. He edged forward slowly, examining her body. As he grew closer he saw the crimson marks of blood. The back of her skull had been clawed into and her blouse tore open at the back. Bite marks and a large hole could be seen. It looked as if someone or something has clawed into her spine. As he stepped back he felt his boots cling to something sticky on the shiny white floors. More blood. A trail. His gut instinct disagreed with his impulse to follow it but morbid curiosity got the better of him. As he followed the trail the station seemed more and more eerie. No forms of life. Horrifyingly there was more and more of the mutilated bodies. Every now and then he would jump at the sight of a different dismembered or sliced open corpse. It was disgusting.
"I gotta get the hell outta here..." he mumbled to himself. He patted his pocket and breathed a sigh of relief. He had kept his key still in his combats.

A few minutes later in the emptiness of the dead hallways he was dressed in a spare set of his work clothes. Not some overalls or a nice suit and tie, but his Tactical Combat Suit. He was geared up as if ready for a hostage situation. He made his way to the armoury, mind still not adjusted to the disfigured bodies along the way. He had to fight to hold back the vomit at one point. A crazy thought stirred in his mind for a second. What if he was just imagining these bodies? What if he's just going crazy. No. He told himself. It had to be real. It must have been part of the riots the news-lady was explaining. He clicked open the locker and retrieved his M4 Carbine, slinging it over his shoulders. He tore open a box of magazines and fitted them into a few of his many pockets along with plenty of ammunition for his Beretta 92FS. Collecting his Fairbairn-Sykes slipping into his ankle sheath he began to trudge back through the halls. He could feel his heart pound. He had to find out what was going on. As he walked past a junction in the corridor he spotted a group of figures huddled around something at the far end. He stopped still watching what was happening.
The people were tearing parts off something and gnawing on them. They were eating someone. His eyes widened. Suddenly one of the figures popped up a head and stared straight, yet blankly, at him. A chunk of red, flesh was in his mouth. It grunted loudly and the rest of the people looked up. Suddenly a coarse growl filled the corridor and they stumbled up. They all began limping and walking down the corridors.
"No fucking way....No way....No..." Darren scolded himself. He turned hastily and began bounding down the hallways. He could hear the grunts and gurgles of his chasers. He reached the garage door. And spotted that now behind him was a group far larger than 6. There was at least 20. He fumbled with the handle and eventually rushed through. His training had left him. Maybe it was fear but he made it inside a SWAT van.

10 minutes later he was driving through the city, gawping at the mayhem that had befallen the city already. All the time he kept telling himself. No, no, no. They couldn't have been zombies. No, no, no...
A wise man doesn't need advice and a fool refuses to take it...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Selik
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:05 am

Kenny stopped in the middle of the road when he heard a loud screech of the brakes on a vehicle being used to roughly. He looked over at Frank who was waiting on the bike and then he noticed what it was. His shadow was starting to grow out from underneath him at a rapid pace. Kenny turned quickly and was frozen to the spot by a large black van. The lights on the front burned into Kenny’s eyes before the front of it slammed into him, knocking him onto his back and forcing him to slide down the road. He slid for about ten metres before he rolled to a stop and lay with his front to the ground. His vision flickered for a moment and a small red light on the interior of his helmet flashed slowly telling him that he was apparently in danger of hazardous chemicals. Slowly his vision went black.

OIL
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:58 am

"It was my fault. I shouldn't have tried to stop her." Erica told April. April shook her head and hugged Erica. "It's not. It's not." April told her as she tried stop her tears. None of this felt real to Erica. Kimberly stepped out the car staring down the street. Erica and April looked at her and then looked in the same direction. There were people tackling others to the ground. It almost looked like they were biting, and eating. After a while it was clear. They were eating people.
"Erica! In the car hurry!" Erica hesitated but, went around the car to get into the driver's seat. April and Kim got back into their seats. The group of people looked at the car and started to run for it. Others were walking towards them. Erica turn the key in the ignition. The car engine roared but, it didn't start up. "Try it again!" Kimberly screamed. Erica did, but the it didn't start up. "Come on." she said. Then men jumped on the car and pounded on the windows.
"Eri!" April screamed. She tried again and the car started up. One man broke the window on Kimberly's side and grabbed her her. A man bit her and was forced to let go when Erica stepped on the gas to escape. Kimberly screamed at the top of her lungs as she grasped her wound. "He bit me. Hit bit me!" she screamed.
"Are those people crazy?" Erica asked herself. "Cannibals? What is this some kind of raid or something? Kimberly, are you alright?" Erica asked keeping her eyes on the road. Her hands were shaking on the wheel as they drove.

(( A lot is happening on the first day. Shouldn't we skipped a few days since it takes three day to turn? ))
Last edited by Azure_Sakura on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:39 pm

ooc: well the leader of the thread hasnt posted so im guessing that it doesnt really matter so lets just keep it as it is.

OIL
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:18 pm

The neck-jerking thud of the front of the van colliding with what Darren thought was a lamp post shook him violently. He had smashed his head on the steering wheel. He groggily shook his head and looked up through the cracked windshield. He popped open the door and leapt out stumbling along the way, grabbing his M4 and attaching it to his back. Dust had gathered from the crash and he spotted a lone object laying on the gravel.
Darren realized it was a man he had hit but guessed that he had killed him. No unprotected man could have withstood such an impact.
"Hey! Yo! You out there!? You okay!?" he called out , hoping for an answer. His eyes spotted a parked motorbike nearby, with the engine still running, but the driver was no where to be seen. He raised his weapon, keeping his finger poised on the trigger as he edged closer to the figure on the floor, unsure whether or not it was a simple chunk of debris, a man, or...one of them...

Selik
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:57 pm

Frank walked over to see Kenny got hit by the van. Appearanty, a man was responisble for that. He shouted from far away: "Hey you!!! You're a human, right? You just rammed my friend over there!...Are you human??"

With Kenny's armor, he doubt that Kenny died from just the impact. What's important right now is to recruit another human.

dweebs
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:57 am

Kenny’s vision returned when he heard people shouting. He raised his head slowly keeping his body still. His warning light in his helmet flashed and his visor flickered slightly. In the brief moments he could see he saw Frank shouting at a man and the man was pointing a gun at him. Kenny’s body ached and it took him a moment to realise that the person with the gun was the driver. He went to get up quickly but his body was bruised and it took him longer than he thought. He groaned as he dragged himself back up. He raised his hands in front of his helmet and inspected his hands making sure there were no damages before he checked his legs. “Frank do you know this guy?” Kenny asked as he hit his helmet hard with his fist. The red light stopped blinking and the vision went back to normal. Kenny crouched down slowly and removed his backpack to make sure the contents were still in one piece. Kenny stood up after, placed his bag on his back and then waited for Frank’s reply.

OIL
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Darren stopped still, the night's breeze flowing past his baggy clothes. He kept his gun aimed high when a second man burst out of a nearby shop, his quick reactions took place and he swivelled aiming for the new man.
"Yeah, I'm human. But are you? That's what I need to know. Have you been bitten?" He asked gesturing to the man's arms and legs. He looked over to the other man.
"YOU! Stop moving. Stay where you are!" he shouted menacingly. He took a pace forward and looked at the man standing up. He look quite shocked. And quite scared. And Darren had to admit to himself even he was a little scared at what was going on. He edged forward a little, keeping his head.
Suddenly he glimpsed movement behind the man he had just crashed into.
"Get Down! NOW!" He shouted at the man in the metal suit. As the man leapt to the floor, Darren unleashed a volley of bullets at an advancing creature. Most of the 10 or so bullets were accurate a couple pinged harmlessly off a nearby car. The creature dropped to the floor dead and Darren began to edge forward slower again, rifle still held ahead of him.
"What the hell is going on in this place..?" he asked, his voice harsh yet sympathetic...

Selik
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Kenny lifted himself up off the tarmac of the road ounce again. He shook his head before he decided “Well to be honest I was hopping a member of the umm...” Kenny leaned left it a bit so he could read the front of the van. “Of the S.W.A.T would be able to tell me. But seeming you don’t I suppose we should look around a bit more.” Kenny raised his hand and signalled for Frank too come and stand next to them. “Anyway why don’t you tell us your name? I am Kenny and this here is Frank.” He said as he held his hand out to shake the strangers…

OIL
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 pm

"McKinley." He grunted in reply. He kept his gun armed. He looked the two men up and down. He flicked the safety on his gun and slung it back over his back.
"You were simply strolling around looking for a bit of fun tonight then or what?" He spat towards both the men.
"You should be getting out of here. That thing. I don't know what it is or where it came from. But it kills and eats. As you would have noticed. Not unlike the mythical Zombie. Some virus was mentioned on the news. You two need to come with me." He spun on his heel but stopped as he noticed his Van.
A large dent had been implanted on the front, which was now emitting a grey smoke. That was the transport ruined.
"Well done tin-man...you've fucked the transport up..." he spoke angrily, running a hand along the bonnet and recoiling from the heat.
"Guess it's on foot from here on..." he grinned a little underneath his balaclava.
"Oh and make sure you can defend yourselves. I won't be watching your back all the time." he said, glancing towards Kenny.
"And that goes for you too....Fred...or whatever your name was...." he looked in the direction of the man who wasn't in armour and began to walk in the across the deserted road...

Selik
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:33 pm

“Hey man what model is that vehicle?” Kenny shouted out to McKinley before he started to approach the van. Kenny flicked the hood of the van up as he passed it to the passenger’s side door. His hand gripped the door handle and he pulled it open grunting slightly as his a shot of pain came up through his arm that he had landed on. Kenny leaned in so he could look through the glove box…

OIL
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:37 pm

He stopped as he heard the man call out. He turned around confused.
"What? You think you can fix ...that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. He began to walk back over.
Must be a technician of sorts he noted. He advanced on the men when he noticed him jumping into the front seat.
"Hey, get outta there...it's still my truck even if it is a wreck." he grumbled, a slight feeling of anger creeping over his mind.
"Cadillac Gage Ranger x2000....Still goin' strong..." he chuckled to himself. He looked up at the sky. Total darkness now. The city seemed dead. Maybe it actually was.
"Hurry up with it will you...we haven't exactly got all night...." he said, peering around into the dark streets...

Selik
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:56 pm

Kenny looked at McKinley when he said 2000. Immediately he got out of the vehicle and walked round to the front of the car and looked in. “2000 model eh. When I was being taught I had to strip the 1500.” Kenny mentioned in a troubled tone. “Bloody difficult fiddly thing it was. Umm if I remember correctly the engine was actually a 1000 engine but they had stuck a different chassis on and changed the name.” His eyes scanned the engine before he noticed the source of the smoke. “Hey does anyone have any tape?” Kenny asked keeping his eyes on the smoke. “Oh wait doesn’t matter I do.” He flicked his bag off and rummaged through it till he found what he was looking for. Quickly Kenny turned round and walked over to one of the empty bullet shells on the floor and picked it up. “Blow torch” He muttered as he walked back to the van. After it had unfolded he started to melt the shell of the bullet until it was in the shape of a small disc. Kenny gripped the tape ounce more, he pulled a good length of it off before he attached it too the small disc and leaned back over the engine. “I hope your covering my ba…” He said before he grunted as the engine caught his hand and pulled it in a little bit. Slowly he moved his hands back the way they came and released it from the engine. The smoke slowly came to a stop and Kenny turned round and looked at McKinley. “Well that will keep the engine going for a while not sure how long it will hold though. Oh yeah before I forget the steering looks like its going to pull to the left a bit.” Kenny said before he closed the hood and walked up to McKinley. “Hey man I hope you can help us out here because if you cant I have just wasted half an hour where I could have been getting out of this forsaken hell hole!” He shouted.

OIL
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Frank approached the man, now knowing that he's human and said in a normal volume: "No, I wasn't bitten. Look, one fool-proof way to tell from a human from a zombie is that humans don't do this." [insert moaning and dragging feet around]

"See?," Frank said, "Unless we're dealing with a very dangerous zombie who still kept its concious...That would be really bad." He looked over at Kenny and said: "Calm down, man. Panicking is soooooo not gonna helpp right now."

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:32 am

“I am not panicking I am just annoyed that this guy ran me over!” Kenny growled as he turned and walked towards the van and round to the back of it so he could not be seen. He let himself fall back slightly so he leant against the back of the vehicle. Gradually he took a long inwards breath before he released it back into the night sky as a steamy vapour.

OIL
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:46 am

"No! I'm not okay. He bit me!" she yelled. Erica shook her head. Who the hell was that, she thought as she drove the car down the street. She was going about 60 mph. Kimberly continued to scream when she pat her hand on her wound.
"Somebody, please help her!" Erica yelled, trying to focus on the road. Hillary took off her jacket and wrapped it around Kimberly wound. KIm screamed as she done so. "Does it really hurt that bad? Aren't you a bit over reacting?" Hillary asked her.
"He bit me. Maybe I'm not use to people biting me, damn it!" she yelled.
"Erica needs to concentrate so, can you be a little quiet?" she asked.
"Fine, I'll try." she said, and started to rock side to side.
"My parents aren't home but, we should stay though for a few days." Erica said as she stopped in front of her house. She turned off the engine and looked out the window. No one was around so it was safe to get out. Erica stepped out and opened the door for Kim. Kimberly stepped out, as well did April and Hillary. "What about Diana?" Kim asked.
"I guess we can take her inside." April suggested.
"Leave her." Erica said then looked away. The girls stared at her and didn't say anything. Erica shook her head. "Let's just head inside and wait until morning. It's not safe out here." she told them then walked up the stairs to the front door and put her thumb on the thumb pad.

"Welcome Come Home Erica." said a speaker on the door and the door automatically open.

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:30 pm

After a few minutes Kenny stormed round to the front of the vehicle towards Frank. Anger rushed through him but he fought it back. Quickly he snatched his small flamethrower from Frank and pushed him to the ground. “Dude don’t you dare tell me to calm down.” Kenny shouted as he looked down at the man that had lost it all. “You are not worth nothing.” He hissed as he kicked him harshly. His free hand moved down to his axe but he fought off the urge. “Now go and take your bike before I choose not to spare you.” Kenny growled as he walked over to the vehicle and climbed into the back waiting for the driver to get moving.

OIL
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Frank's face remained dull as he was pushed on the ground(Similar to my avatar's face expression). He didn't care about the kick either. Jumping on his bike, he started the engine and begin to move. He barely started moving when a giant rotting brute dropped down from the sky from a really long jump, making a loud "Thunk" and a huge dent on the concrete ground(think of a jumping Hulk...except rotting) and hit Frank off his bike. His bike skidded fowards on its side and he landed on the ground in pain. He looked up at the brute and thought -Holy crap, that's a big one-. He didn't even think about it at all, his instinct forced him to get up and run from the brute despite the pain.

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:58 am

(( Ahh, is that suppose to be that one zombie from that left 4 dead game? ))

The door opened slowly and Erica walked in the house. The furniture was ripped and there was glass on the floor. She was instantly terrified now. The backyard door was broken open and had blood on it. Hillary walked up behind her, "Erica, let's leave." she said. Erica singaled her to give her a moment.
Erica walked slowly towards the kitchen. She heard growling coming from there. "Brucie?" she called out softly as she stepped into the kitchen. "Brucie?" she called out again. Brucie, her dog, was laying over her parents bodies, ripping flesh from their bodies. "Brucie?!" shocked to see Brucie eating them. "How.....why......Brucie?" she couldn't speak as she watch Brucie get up and stared at her, showing it's fangs. "No, Brucie. No, stay back!" she yelled as Brucie walked over towards her. Hillary and April walked up to Erica and saw Brucie. They were just as shocked. "Run." she told them. "Run! Get out the house and close the door" she said again pushing them, until they started to run. Brucie started to run as well. Both Hillary and April pushed Kim out the door closing it behind them.
"What happen? Where's Erica?" Kim asked them.
Erica ran upstairs to get to her room. Brucie jumped on Erica, tackling her to the ground and trying to bite her neck but, Erica's head come up and hit his nose, which hit him off her. Erica then kicked her door the stairs and started to get up to head for her room. Brucie rolled down the stair and got up quickly. It ran up the stairs and ran for Erica. Erica slammed the door and and stumbled onto her bed. Her breathe out hard, trying to catch her breath. It was quiet for a while, then Brucie rammed the door, cracking it from the bottom half. "Open the window!" she cried out.
"Window Opening." said the speaker in her room. The window opened slowly.
Brucie rammed the door again, making a bigger crack. It was able to fit it's head through. Erica quickly climbed out her window. Brucie rammed it one more time and bust through the door and quickly jumped and tackled Erica out the window and they both fell. Erica landed on her back, but Brucie landed on it's head, breaking it's neck. Erica just laid there crying as the girls ran over to her.
Last edited by Azure_Sakura on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!