Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Outbreak!

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Outbreak!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vladanna on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:42 pm

June 6, 2323
The apocalypse had come. Or so it felt, she had to find survivors any survivors. Question is where would she find survivors. These undead things were everywhere. She had to get to her family, though. They were pounding on her door now, she reloaded her magnum and got ready to fire.

I don't like the Out Of Character forum, so just fill out on this page. If your interested that is.

Rules: The same as the website's. Oh yeah, if you get bit by a zombie you will turn into one.

Name: Maggie
Appearence:Image Minus the tail and ears, she's purely human.
Personality and anything else: She's quiet, sweet, but she's a survivor. She might not look it in the picture but she's also LDS and attends BYU. ((She's in her pajamas.))
Anyone you're trying to get to: Her family
Pet (if you want one): She has a dog. A large, black, male dog. Name is Hugo.
Talents (Lockpicking, marksman,ect.): Marksman and a little medical training, just the basics.
Primary (Rifle or something): M16
Secondary (Pistol):.357 Magnum
Melee(can have two): A Scimitar and a Combat knife.

((I didn't really know what forum to put this in, but it is in the future so I put it here. Remember, in an end of the world type scenario: The Enemy of my enemy is my friend.))

January 1, 2323
:::::::DAY 1::::::::
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.........

The Television counted down announcing the new year. I opened the sparkling cider and poored glasses for Susan, Mary, Sally, and my best friend, Tiffany, at that time everything was perfect I didn't know what doom was going to blacken our skys, darken our streets, and kill millions.
Last edited by Vladanna on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice."
-Fire and Ice-

Robert Frost

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vladanna
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Outbreak!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 pm

Name: Frank
Appearence: My avartar. Plus, he looks similar to a zombie except he's not rotting, but the way he walks and his facial expression made people confuse him to a zombie.
Personality and anything else: Apathetic. Bored at all times. Really frustrated that he survived. Mildly suprised at all the zombies. Hmmm, more can be revealed later, that's all I could think of right now.
Anyone you're trying to get to: nobody
Pet (if you want one): none. Too irresponsible to own a pet.
Talents (Lockpicking, marksman,ect.): speedy, despite being 5'11 and 190. In really good shape. Calm at ALL times,and does not get upset easily.
Primary (Rifle or something): A wooden stick he picked up to fend off zombies.
Secondary (Pistol):Broken bottle
Melee(can have two):A pipe that is one inch thick and four feet long, picked up at abandoned construction site.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dweebs
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 am

Name: Erica
Appearence: Image
Personality and anything else: Erica is a cheerleader and a surivor who withness her family either killed in front of her or turned. She like to gave demands so she could feel in charge and hates getting told what to do. She is jumpy when she's alone, especially at night. She was with her best friend but, she didn't make it. Erica likes to make plans and tends to follow them until they stop working out, then she'll listen.
Anyone you're trying to get to: No one inparticular, just wants to find the safest place.
Pet: A dog, but It turned and she had to kill it.
Talents: Lockpicking and acrobatics.
Primary: ( 10mm bullets ) A submachine gun ( Found on SWAT)
Secondary: 10mm pistol (Found on cops)
Melee: A switch blade, but usually uses anything that she could use
Last edited by Azure_Sakura on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vladanna on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:48 pm

((OOC: Thank you both for joining. I'm keeping this open for a couple days before we officially start. If you're opposed, I guess you can start.

Vladanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:02 pm

Name: Sevick Dirk
Appearence:
Personality and anything else: loner trusts no one
Anyone you're trying to get to: no one
Pet (if you want one): A hawk named Shadow
Talents (Lockpicking, marksman,ect.): able to train and calm animals
Primary (Rifle or something): AK-47
Secondary (Pistol): Black Desert Eagle
Melee(can have two): twin Scimitars
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:14 pm

Ahh heck, this sounds cool

Name: Drew Hellingame
Appearence: 5'11" (that's my real height anyways) with medium long black hair with a faint red streak down the middle, Chinese, slim but fit. Wears long dark jeans and a hoodless pilot coat. Hangs a pair of black framed pilot goggles around his neck. Is never seen without his coat. Right hand moves "unnatural"

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\[AnimePaper]scans_Zombie-Loan_rakusahoshi(0.72)_2246x3111_189928.jpg

Personality and anything else: Calm at all times, too lazy to engage in extra, non-necessary work, but will put a hell of a show whenever in a bad situation. Is a natural leader when needed, but is willing to go with the crowd whenever he can.
Anyone you're trying to get to: Would have perferred to survive on his own.....but is trying to reach a "Dr. Camdon"

Pet (if you want one): His digital Map PDA.

Talents: Breaking down doors instead of picking them, martial arts.....but perfers long ranged firearms (sucks at short-range), makeshift bomb/explosive maker, extreme balance, Former drag racer (good driver).

Primary (Rifle or something): MI-4 (friend's family heirloom from WW 3, semi-auto mid range rifle. Is a cross between blast of shotgun, and range of rifle. Doesn't penetrate well, though.), and 11 enblocs (ammo catridge for it), Ultrasound Welder, and a flash light,

Secondary (Pistol): Carlbear 6-cylinder service revolver, (from year:2126.)

Melee(can have two): A 12-inch machete, his F*CKING FISTS....(with fingerless leather gloves)
Last edited by LeoOfVgCats on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
When life gives you lemons...find someone who was given tequila and have a fiesta.

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby regany on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:41 pm

So if Im correct, the apocalypse has yet to come? since your tv is counting down for new year?

Name: Staicey
Appearence: Image
Personality and anything else: Modern young woman, living alone with her dog. Very stylish, very classy.
Anyone you're trying to get to: Nobody in particular
Pet (if you want one): A siberian husky/ german shephard mix. Looks like a wolf, named Kayanta
Talents: Martial Arts and she knows her thing with technical stuff. Very ambidextrous.
Primary: Two desert eagles.
Secondary: Katana
True heroes never die, they stay legends.

regany
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PrinceofFame on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:56 pm

Name: Jake Parker
Appearance: I don’t like the anime style so I chose a real life person. Image
Personality: A tough young guy who won’t resist to kill anyone who is infected. He is high trained in combat. He has a soft spot for women and will protect them at all costs. He is usually a follower instead of a leader or sometimes wonders on his own.
Trying to get to: Base to contact his commander
Pet: None he has on ally with him
Talents: Close combat and sniping he is a trained solider so he know how to fight.
Primary Weapon: His Automatic Machine Gun (he has with him)
Secondary Weapon: Two 9 millimeter pistols
Melee: Two Blades like in Resident Evil 3 he is trained to use in close combat

PrinceofFame
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:49 pm

Well, I have to jump in on this one. >>

Name: Benjamin Havok
Appearance: Benjamin is a powerful, imposing figure. Standing at 6'1 with an intimidating appearance; a sleek and defined jawline from years of barking orders and furthering his cause. Havok commonly keeps himself untidy, a light stubble stretching across his chin where he has left himself to his own devices. Though Benjamin commonly plays the tough, clean, and consolidated figure, he does tend to show a somewhat softer side in the face of others.

A major note of Havok's imposing figure is his attire. Master Sergeant Benjamin Havok is adorned in a stripped Ballistic Vest which rests underneath a protective Plate Carrier which protects him from many types of weapons fire. His shoulders are protected underneath small shoulder plates while his forearms are sheathed in a Kevlar wrap-up. His lower torso is protected by a similar system of Kevlar "sheaths" that allow him the capability to sustain minute amounts of damage to either his legs or torso.

Personality; Havok is often an imposing and commanding figure, due to a certain change in events, Havok has shed his persona of a "Poster Military Man" and has chased further selfish endeavors. Havok is a cold and calculating man, often think of the worst scenario rather than how a person could aid him.

Trying To Get To; None
Talents; Havok is an image of a near perfect soldier. Fit, calculating, and tactical, Havok is trained in a vast array of firearms and equipment, capable of firing anything from a handgun to an FIM-92 STINGER Anti-Aircraft Missile. Being a former United States Army Airborne, Havok has been expertly trained in both Close Quarters and Small Unit Tactics.

Primary Weapon; National Republic JAE-100C
Secondary Weapon; Kimber Tactical Custom .45 TLE Mark II
Melee Weapon; Havok has little need for a close in combat weapon, using this excuse as a determining factor to keep enemies at a distance. If a close-in scenario does occur, though, Havok is prepared to eliminate his enemy using a system using techniques utilizing Krav Maga and several other lesser forms of Martial Arts.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:34 pm

((OOC: One question. What type of zombies are we dealing with? Slow and stupid, Fast and stupid, or fast and smart? Never seen a slow and smart zombie.....because that would be stupid. Another qestion. If you get bit, do you change right there and then or you have a certain time limit? And I take it there's no cure, unless you take a bullet to the head. Do these zombies need a brain to be un dead?

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cibo on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:45 pm

Name:Erik Torwald
Appearence: 6' 0" high, normal figure, blue-grey eyes, black short hair, blue jeans, black shirt and leatherjacket.
Personality and anything else: Quiet, logical, coldhearted(helped him to survive) thats what his classmates would say.
He is an exchange student(Metallurgy) from europe that was on a one year trip around the world. After his plane made a emergency landing, he awakes don't knowing what happend or where he is. As he walked around, he noticed that many humans turned into zombie like beings. He killed two of them that tried to attack him and now Erik is looking for a save place....
Anyone you're trying to get to: his family in europe
Pet (if you want one): none
Talents :Fencing and meeleweapons(swords), good with computer, Metallurgy, First Aid
Primary : His Sword
Secondary : 9mm Pistol (found by a dead cop)

((OOC: My english is not to good i hope nobody mind that :)

Cibo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:04 pm

you know...the slow and smart type of zombie would most likely be a boss.

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PrinceofFame on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:08 pm

Boss Battles w00t!

PrinceofFame
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vladanna on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:12 pm

All right in answers to all your questions.

1. Yes, the apocalypse is yet to come.
2. There are a mix of zombies, each one you mentioned will show up.
3. you have 3 days before you turn into a zombie.
4.They don't need brains, any kind of meat works.

And we can start now.

By the way awesome pics.

Vladanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:20 pm

OOC:
Wait, I possibly missed this, and i'm sure as hell to damn lazy to read. But is it okay if we limited the infection to ONLY humans? I mean, its going to be really stupid if it was like:
"And John saved the day! Suddenly, a flea jumped on him. It was infected......3 days later, John was infected. Everyone died.".........................-_-", i mean, thats just dumb....XD

Alrighty!
I'll start this thing! Let's have some fun!

IC:
Drew dodged towards the left, and then to the right, and then to the left again.
The zombie was too slow to follow.
The battle was getting intense, as the remains of already slewed zombies crunched underneath Drew's boots......
"A little closer....."
BAM!
Shot at point blank, the 5 Gauge Magnum Shotgun blew the zombie's head to shreds, and the body slumped down.
Drew pumped out the used clip, and switched to his KM7-P Gauss Rifle, turned the safety off, and mowed down seven more of the monsters with a single blast. The catridge extension upgrade he had gotten recently was becoming more and more useful. The feeling of shooting this thing for ten seconds straight, and the sounds of the bullets crunching down on zombie skulls was too much for Drew.
Once the ammo was depleted, he drew his Double Alloy Schimitars, and charged the incoming swarm head on. Slashing through them was a piece of cake. Slash, Spin, Kick, Slash. Fatalities piled upon each other. However, just as he was about to execute his final move, he noticed that he hadn't exactly "killed" any yet......they were all rising up again. And he was surrounded.
Now he was fighting on the defensive side, for survival. But it was too much. The numbers were too high.
He felt a pair of jaws clamp shut on his shoulder.
"NooooooooO!!!......."

---------GAME OVER----------------

Drew sighed as the red light flashed over and over again, promising him another seizure attack if it didn't stop soon. Regaining mobility of his arms again, he reached up and flicked the switch on his virtual reality video-helmet, before taking it off and putting it on his table. He had just reached level 12, and he had already lost once. It was a shame.
The year was already five hours old, but Drew didn't feel like sleeping. The new helmet that his Uncle had sent him for the holiday (plus the game pack, what a deal!) still had that high-heated polymer smell lingering to it, just like it did when Drew took it out of the box five hours ago.
He yawned and flopped himself back onto the couch, before reprogramming it to warm itself up........January was cold. He flicked on the hologram-TV and began watching a in-TV run of Star Wars 3. Drew loved historical reenactments of wars, but he often pondered how they use to survive back then with so little technology readily available.

Suddenly, the phone rang.
Drew groaned, not only because they were at the best part where Obi-Wan was battling Grevious, but also because his couch had finally heated up to a perfectly cozy temperature. He still picked up anyways. It was his friend Uoykuf (get it? like backwar....oh nvm).

Uoykuf: "Dude! Can you believe that sh!t? That's crazy!"
Drew: "What's crazy?.....your face? *snort*"
Uoykuf: "No, seriously! Aren't you watching it man?"
Drew: "What? Me getting it down with your mom? Yeah I see that cle-"
Uoykuf: "Okay, shut the hell up. Hurry up and turn to channel R73, you've got to watch this."
Drew: "Alright, will do...."
Uoykuf: "...."
Drew: "....."
Uoykuf: "Drew! I can still here the lightsabers and Star Wars theme in the background you know!"
Drew: "Alright, alright. Its channel R73, right? Fine."
Uoykuf: "Yeah, call me back when you've watched it k?" *hangs up*

Drew sighed. Summoning the hovering remote into his hand, he quickly touched the pad, and the image on the holo-TV quickly changed.

"Psh", thought Drew, "probably some dumb National Galaxia-graphic he saw that nobody gives a damn abou.....holy shi...."

The trail of thought was soon lost, as Drew, staring with his eyes fixed to the projected image, had to hold his jaws to prevent it from falling off.
It wasn't something that "nobody gave a damn about".
About half of the city that was still awake was tuned in to this.
And what Drew, and the rest of the viewers, saw.......was only the beginning.......

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:32 pm

wait, this started already?

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 pm

dweebs wrote:wait, this started already?

Well, it has now.

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PrinceofFame on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Jake was at the command office, he sat down in a chair and looked up at his commander. Then back at his watch, it was almost Midnight the new year and another year of missions. He looked at his commander and spoke, “Sir, mission status is complete and the next one is?” His commander sat up and pulled his cigar from his mouth and looked at Jake, “Winters, you’ve been working all day, seriously don’t you have somewhere to be?” Jake smirked at his commander and got up and walked over to the door, “Sure thing, just don’t die on me before I get back okay.” He smiled and walked out of the room closing the door. He walked down the empty halls, everybody was with their loved ones. But Jake, never, he was abandoned at birth and ever since then he wanted to pursue the career of a hero. The military was the way to go, he worked his way up in the ranks until his missions were top secret. He walked into his locker room and opened his locker and took out his clothes…the new year was upon him.

PrinceofFame
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Frank walks on the lonely sidewalk with his wine bottle as his only companion. The new year eve night was cold, he has but a thin shirt and jeans on. The only thing keeping him warm was his bottle of wine. He looks up at the star-less sky and said bored-ly: "New year huh?"

Frank was kicked out of work three weeks before Chrismas. He knew of the corruption of his boss and spoke up, now he has no jobs, and no place to stay, only the the company of his bottle.

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cibo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:41 am

Erik waited at the airport to check in. One hour later he is on the plane to his brother in new york, to give him a family-sword as he was told. Erik looks at his watch: "One two houre till midnight." He doesnt like his brother and giveing him a family-sword was the last thing he wanted, but it was is duty. Than suddanly the speakers turn on: "Lady and gentelmen please take you seats we have to fly through a thunderstorm." The storm was heavy and the last thing he remeber is that they went down....

Cibo
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!