Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Outbreak!

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Outbreak!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:28 pm

((OOC: Dweebs just so you know, there is no need to use brackets in the middle of your posts, 9/10 times we understand what you're writing. It kind of ruins the mood.))

As he watched the brief scuffle unfold, he was tempted to intervene. His better judgment was to leave it be. He watched Kenny climb into the van and noticed the stern, calmness of Frank as he climbed on the motorcycle.
He watched the man drive through the rubble when he noticed a large chunk of debris fall from a building. Upon further inspection he realized what it was. It wasn't an inanimate object. It was alive. A large fist knocked Frank off his bike and let out a huge roar as Darren stood staring in amazement.
One thought burst through his mind. Run.
In almost an instant Darren had clambered into the newly fixed van. He patted the dashboard and winked at the dials. Quite pathetic really, but Darren had used the Caddy for a long time. As he slammed the door shut, starting the ignition he shouted back to Kenny.
"Comfy back there? We're getting the fuck outta here." he laughed a little.
Slamming his foot down he reversed before sliding round to a J turn and changing gear.
He heard another bellowing roar from the beast that had attacked Frank. Again clamping his foot to the accelerator they burst off in a cloud of dusty rubble, leaving poor Frank and the giant disfigured beast alone...
A wise man doesn't need advice and a fool refuses to take it...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Selik
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Kenny was slightly shocked that there were larger creatures than what he had seen so far. The thought of Frank getting dismembered didn’t really bother him after all he was probably just using him to stay alive. The vehicle he was in quickly pulled away and started darting through the streets. “Hey will you tell me your first name now?” Kenny asked as he looked out one the windows. “But first would you mind getting us out of this city I never liked this place much to begin with.” Kenny added quickly before he leaned back and allowed his body to rest.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OIL
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Erica laid there for a while before rising to her feet quickly and stepped away from Brucie. Brucie laid there motionless. Erica did hear his neck break.
"Are you okay, Eri?" April asked, worried because she just fell out the window. Erica remained silent and opened the door to her house and ran for the kitchen. The girls followed behind her and ran faster when they heard Erica scream. Erica watched as her father was over her mother's body, eating into her stomach. Erica was shocked to she this and the fact the he was still alive.
"Oh my GOD!" Kimberly screamed.
Erica's father stood up slowly and turned around. His eyes were bleeding out and he had blood dripping from his mouth. Seeing this made it all make sense. "He's......dead." she said shaking.

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:38 am

Frank ran for his life as the creature chased him. The giant zombie was just walking, the thing was so large, one footstep of it equals five footsteps of Frank. -There's no way I'm gonna make it if I run like this.- Frank thought. Even though his life was threatened, Frank kept a cool head. People say that when fear is too great, you just stop feeling it, and this was the case of Frank. The entire situation was just too much for his brain to process.

He veered into an abandoned building, hoping for his life that there were no zombies there. The creature was ten feet behind him when he entered the door. Then, Frank closed the door and lock it, knowing that it would not help at all. Still, he did it and ran down the hallways as fast as he could, ignoring his surroundings. He made many turns, running at top speed. But his streenght was wearing out, it will be soon when he collapse from exhaustion. Frank ran for only thirty seconds when he heard a loud boom and a roar. He knew the creature broke through.

The horrifying creature smashed through the walls, not even bother to use the walkways. And it was heading straight for Frank.

Frank heard the noises and realized his nose was bleeding from earlier when the creature hit him. That's why he was targeted, the creature is attracted to blood. It's too late to stop the bleeding now, there were blood all over Frank's shirt. He stopped running and think: -Alright, since the thing can smell me, I need to trap it some how...but how?-

He took too long to think and the creature smashed the final wall between him and itself. It big, ugly face frowned, there was no human left in it whatsoever. A thick black drool drips down from its disfigured mouth. It raised it arm to swat Frank like a fly.

Frank can only watch and accept his fate. He closed his eyes and wait for death to come. -I've had enough of this life anyways.- He thought.

Then, he was pulled back and his eyes yanked themselves open to see a hand throwing a glowing grenade at the creature's mouth. Behind Frank was a door, he didn't notice it was there before. He was pulled inside the room and a hand closed the door, just in time when the grenade explodes. Frank can hear splatting sounds coming from the other side of the door.

There were cheering behind Frank, the people in there dressed in scientist clothing and they were saying something about an ideal substance to take out the zombies. Frank was in a daze, he wasn't sure about whether he should be happy or sad that he's still alive. -Who are these people??- He thought.

((YAY! epic escape!))

dweebs
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:53 am

Erica reached for a knife and turned to her father who kept walking slowly towards her. "Erica, what are you doing? Mr. Simpson what's going......" April stopped, noticing his wounds. She stopped back, "Eri?" she was terrifed that he was walking.
"He's dead, April." Erica said holding the knife up and rubbing her eyes to dry her tears.
"How is that even possible?" Kimberly asked. "He's standing."
Erica stabbed her father in his wound, but it only made him take a step back before continueing. Kimberly was shocked and confused, "So, he's a zombie? That's....that's just stupid." Kimberly said. Erica walked around her father as he tried to get closer. She would move away everytime he got close. The she grabbed a spray can and a lighter. She flipped the lighter to make a flame, then she pressed on the spray and the fire blew onto her father and he walked around in circles, moaning. He fell to the ground as he was engulfed in the flame. He struggled but, he stopped moving as the fire completely covered him. Erica stood there and looked down at her father. The fire only got bigger. The girls looked away. The smell was horrible as was the sight. Both her parents were dead. She had no other family close to her. "How....how did this happen?" she asked herself. "I'm.....all alone." she said as the light and the spray can fell from her hands. April and Hillary ran over to hug her. Kimberly walked over to her and hugged her too. "Is the whole town like this? Is the whole country like this?" she asked. "Is the whole world like this?"

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vladanna on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:28 pm

((OOC: Sorry guys. Yes, shoot them in the head and they die. My computer is a bit retarded. Yes, headshots kill, for now. The disease is not limited to just humans, but a flea and any animal smaller than a ferret would get infected and die right off.))
Maggie heard banging on the dorm door. "Will one of you guys get that," she said.
Hugo was anxious.
"What's wrong, Hugo?" She asked, then she heard her friends screaming. She jumped.
"Not funny, guys! Hugo's anxious."
When she turned the corner she saw two ugly things attacking her friends.
Tiffany ran for her, "Help, you have some gun don't you?" She asked.
"Yeah, in the closet," she answered. Tiffany was bleeding, and Maggie only realized as she grabbed her magnum from her hand.
"What happened?"
"Not now," Tiff said.
Maggie took a deep breath and fired to rounds at the things, each a direct hit.

Tiffany and Maggie went over to their other friends. They looked bloody. Maggie felt for a pulse in either of them. Nothing.

((Oh yeah, if you're eaten alive by zombies, you turn quicker.))

As soon as Maggie turned from them they got up. Tiffany screamed.
Hugo jumped behind Maggie and was snarling. Maggie finally turned around to see her friends standing again. She aimed and shot both of them in the head.
"What is going on?! They were dead, you saw, right, Tiff?" Maggie said as if needing some reassurence that she wasn't insane.
Tiff only nodded.
They sat down for a minute to gather their thoughts. Hugo growling at Tiffany anytime she moved.
"What's with you?"Maggie asked Hugo in a calm voice, then she noticed Tiff paling. "We need to stop the bleeding," Maggie said, "meanwhile, you can tell me what happened."
"Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice."
-Fire and Ice-

Robert Frost

Vladanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:28 pm

((ooc: I was thinking, if you were eaten alive, then that would make you slower. And if you were bit once, the that would make the zombie faster because it is more healthy, you know. ))

The sun hasn't came up yet, but the sky started to light up. The girls had barcaded themselves in Erica's house. Kimberly had a fever and she wasn't getting better. The street got a little quieter but, they didn't want to leave the house. They had enough food to last a whole month if the all ate twice a day. Erica's basement had a lot of can foods and bottled water. They had put Erica's family in the backyard and buried them. All still hard to believe for all of them. Erica's dad happen to be a cop and kept his gun in his closet. Erica would only use it for emergencies. They were just going to wait it out until everything comes down.

"Kim's fever just keeps get worse. She's burning up, Eri" Hillary told her. Erica looked at Kimberly as she laid in bed with and ice pack on her head. April sat next to Kim, to comfort her. "We have to go to the hospital."
"I've called several time and got no answer. I think it's really bad downtown. We have to do what we can." Erica sat the phone down on the counter. She looked at the clock on the oven, 5:15, it said.

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luke4215 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:44 pm

((Is it too late to join? If not then I'll edit this post into a Character Sheet))
Everything changes...

luke4215
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:34 pm

As his foot slowly began to relax on the accelerator, he shifted gear and began cruising at a relatively slower speed. The dawn was breaking and the orange sun was climbing up in the dusty, polluted sky. He looked over his shoulder ,through the bars, to the back seats. He glanced forward again then muttered.
"Darren..."
He clasped the steering wheel in his hands and shook his head. He had had no sleep at all for at least 30 hours. It was slowly beginning to take it's toll on his mind. His face slimmed down but sharply awoke as a loud thump hit his car. He lifted himself up off his seat and looked on as a man had dived onto the hood of his car. A splatter of blood had glanced across the windscreen but the man was still moving. The man regained his balance and started crawling up towards the window but Darren shoved his foot down on the brake hard. The creature suddenly flew off the front of the truck at a fair speed and slammed, back first, into a large streetlamp. Even from the short distance away Darren heard the sickening snap of the man's spine. He stopped to regain his composure. A loud bang on the side of the truck. Then a thump. Then another bang from the other side of the truck. And another. Repeatedly, loud bang and clatters were coming from either side of the truck.
"Oh shit..." he whispered to himself as he began to feel the truck rock.
Once more his foot slammed down on the pedal and he felt one of his wheels go over what felt like a speed bump. He checked his wing mirror to see a creature laying flat on the floor, it's brains spilled out onto the road.
The creature on the floor had been joined by at least 8 more, all of whom had dropped to their knees to scoop up the remains. Alarmingly, his eyes noticed just beyond them were a few dozen more of the things. It seemed they were all over the city. The van rumbled over small chunks of rubble and debris as they swung around a junction and continued their escape of the city...

Selik
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:41 pm

Kenny sat still trying not to think about what was going on outside. He leant forward slowly so he could speak to Darren better. “Hey you know what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger rite?” He said before lying back across both the seats. And speaking again. “Darren could you tell me when we get too another town I need to find a clothes store or something this armour is fucking annoying me now too bloody heavy.” He asked as he placed his hand on one of the many dents.

OIL
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:11 pm

luke4215 wrote:((Is it too late to join? If not then I'll edit this post into a Character Sheet))

((It's never too late! ^.^ ))

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 am

(Dweebs is back!!!!)

Frank looked around the room he was in, it was filled with instruments beyond his comprehension. A scientist spoke up: "You, your life was about to be gone. There is no purpose in your life now, is there?" Frank shook his head. The scientist continued: "As I thought. Now, to tell you the truth, you were monitored for the last month. It's appearent that you are the perfect candidate."

Frank began to feel uneasy: "What candidate....?" The scientist replied: "Well, the military needed a weapon that could wipe out these...organisms out there. That weapon needs to be smart, able to make judgements...and can go in places that a machine can't." Frank predicted: "In short, you guys need a human weapon...How am I gonna fullfil that requirement?!"

A female scientist walked up to him and said: "We have made an...enzyme. It triggers the human's deepest instinct for survival and combat. Thing is, we didn't have time to test it...Would you..."

Frank saw where this is going. The sole reason he was saved was because these people needed a lab rat. He sighed. At this rate, might as well try it out. If it works, then there will be some meaning in his life after all. If it fails, then perhaphs he no longer would have to worry about anything anymore.

Frank made up his mind and nodded: "Sure, I accept." The scientists in the room looked sastisfied woth his answer. The one that grabbed him into the room now spoke: "Thank you. Now there will be five series of injections. The first will make you lose conciousness, then..." Frank interrupted: "Just get on with it!! I don't think we have much time."

He was strapped down on a table. After the fisrt injection in his neck, everything faded black.

Frank opened his eyes. He was lying in a field, an empty field. At first, he thought it was all a dream. He pulled his legs back and then hopped on his feet without effort, Frank was shocked. He felt lighter, almost weightless. Next to him on the ground was an M16, and a few of those grenades that killed the hulking creature. Memories rushed back to him, he slightly remembered some pain while he was unconcious. If everything went well during his operation, then he would be a superhuman by now. He jumped. One second he was on the ground, the next, he was ten feet in the air. He landed without making any noise.

"Look out, zombies. Here I come." Frank murmured as he walked down the ruined road of the fallen city.

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:20 am

((OOC: Sorry people but I'm out now. It's not really going where I thought it would. It's getting a bit silly now as well. No offense Dweebs but a superhuman-zombie-killing-machine is a bit over the top.Yeah It's futuristic and all but i thought it would at least be BIT realistic. Anyway, just thought I'd tell you guys, have my character get eaten by zombies or something, I'll see you when i see you.))

Selik
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:19 pm

((Lol, I was only following the trends here...Doom, resident evil, ummm and Halo too. The floods are zombie-like, so Halo counts. I thought we needed a super-killing machine on our side. Kinda like in that newest resident evil movie where the lady became a powerful human instead of a zombie.))

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:42 pm

(( What about the new game, Left 4 Dead? tHat is one of the best Zombie games out there. I thought that is where Dweebs was getting it from. That game is probably the closes to this Rp. It is very scary and it has some kind of super zombie like thing. It called a tank. Never heard of it, go to Youtube and look at Left 4 Dead.))

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:03 pm

((Yes, I agree with Azure. It's good that we have a good killing machine for the good guys. So...is my idea accepted?))

dweebs
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure_Sakura on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:00 am

Erica woke up as she felt the covers moving as if someone was having a bad dream. Erica wouldn't be surprised if someone did have a nightmare. She couldn't imagine anything worse than what was going on now. Erica sat up from the bed and looked at who it was. It was Kimberly, looking straight at her with eye wide open. Erica shot up from the bed, "What the hell?!" she said quickly. Kimberly rose up slowly, sweating, "You know it was your fault that Diana is dead." she said, bluntly. Erica was pretty shocked when said heard that, though she really knew it was her fault. She just didn't want no one to say it to her. Erica looked at April as she got up from the bed, then looked away from them.
Kimberly stood up from the bed, and walked over to the mirror. "You always want to be the leader, even off the cheer team. If you just let Diana go, she would be at home, safe." Kimberly told Erica, but looked at her reflection. Erica remained silent. She didn't know what to say.
"You know that's not true, Kim!"
"Really? That's not what I saw. I'm pretty sure you saw it too." Kimberly started to cough up blood and covered her mouth.

Azure_Sakura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:32 pm

(im out this is kinda old and boring for me now sorry im out and blah blah good bye)

OIL
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vladanna on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:43 pm

OOC: People are always welcome to join. By the way I liked Azure_Sakura's suggestion about if you're eaten alive you're slower, so yes. Yes, Dweebs your suggestion is accepted too. Okay, Selik and OIL both got killed by... What should we call it?
Ginjiko
Sazgig
Borborygus
Come on people I need votes.
This thing is like the Nemesis in Resident 3.
And ours will be called.... Suggestions?

IC: Maggie finds a wrap to stop Tiffany's bleeding. Hugo still growled anytime Tiffany shifted.

Vladanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:34 pm

OOC: Okay, let's say a zombie sneaked in their van and they didn't know...and that zombie is stealthy, we call it Sazgig!!!!!

dweebs
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!