Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Party of the Century[Romance,Drama,Defiance] (1 spot open!)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Party of the Century[Romance,Drama,Defiance] (1 spot open!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxdancewithme on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:27 pm

The year: 1893.
The day: January 31st.
The place: The party of the century.

You’re invited to attend the Wattson’s ballroom gala!
It will take place on January thirty first, eighteen ninety three.
5 o’clock in the afternoon until 2 o’clock in the morning of the next day.
You’re welcome to bring your own alcohol, though we will supply the finest.

It is a black tie event, please come dressed appropriately.

Do not bring uninvited guests

No need to RSVP as we expect to you come.

(And who wouldn’t want to go. If you aren’t spotted. The gossip column thinks the worst. And being spotted might make you. Or break you. We’ll just have to be sneaky. Now wont we?)

OOC&SU

I'll place my first post up soon!
Last edited by xxdancewithme on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxdancewithme
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Charlotte sat in front of her vanity, waiting while her maid brushed her hair, and added the finishing touches to her makeup. “Miss, I am finished, and if I may say, you look stunning. You’ll be sure to gain Mr. Simons’ attention.”

“Oh.” Charlotte blushed. “Thank you, but you and I both know there is only one man in my sights, and he has already spotted me.” Charlotte giggled at the taboo subject of ‘being with’ the help. IT was such a scandal! Charlotte knew she could trust her maid with the confidential information. They had been friends for quite some time now, and had their share of secrets. Charlotte stood up and smoothed the ruffles on her dress. She picked up some of the fabric on the sides, while her maid collected the fabric in the back. She made her way down the long, spiraling stairs, to sit in the parlor, to wait for guests.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxdancewithme
Member for 15 years

Re: Party of the Century[Romance,Drama,Defiance] (2 spots open!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:02 pm

Lizzie was in her room.She was being told to wear one of the longer dresses.She hated to wear them.So Lizzie simply refused.Her maid was getting mad.Lizze noticed so she said "oh please! you know me to much by now, I wont touch the dress!"Lizzie and her maid had this fight everyday and Lizzie always won.Her maid was looking at her and was not going to give in."Please miss your mother will be unhappy with me if you keep wearing the short ones" Lizzie shook her head "NO! I will not wear the dress!" "please...make your mother happy for once".Lizze smilied then said "well.....she does have alot on her mind..but ....im still not wearing the dress".Then Lizzie's maid sighed and said "fine if you wont wear the dress then I will tell your mother!" Lizzie laughed "ya right...that's what you said last week!" Lizzie's maid then started walking fir the door "fine then im keeping my word this time" Lizze watched as she went then she realized that if one of her maids had to talk to her mother it was bad."Please wait...I WILL WEAR THE DRESS" Lizzie yelled to the maid.Lizzie was sad she had lost the fight today.So she got into her dress and then her maid brushed her hair."see miss you look nice in the long dress."
"But it kills to wear it".Then Lizzie picked up parts of her skirts to go stand by her sister.
(( http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo24 ... f60085.jpg < link to the dress))

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Vanessa let out a yelp as her maid tugged on her hair a little to hard. "Watch it!" She screeched as she took a deep inhale of her cigarette. "Miss, you really shouldn't smoke. It's not very lady like." Her nurse said as she continued to do her hair. Vanessa laughed as she inhaled her cigarette again. She shook her head at the maid. "Please, we both know that being lady like is the last thing on my list." She said as she put out her cigarette and got up from her chair. She looked in the mirror and nodded her head. "It'll do. Your dismissed." She said as she waved the maid away. She stood in front of her large mirror and smiled.

She smoothed out the wrinkles in her dress and did a little turn. "Just like a princess." She told herself as she turned around. Her mother had always said that after she had finished getting dressed. Vanessa used to be her little princess...but ever since she started going down the wrong track she's become nothing but an annoying accessory in her mothers life. She touched her hair, then her cheeks and last her lips. She knew that she should really try and not cause a lot of drama tonight...but what was she thinking? She is Vanessa Clara Porter she's supposed to cause scandal. Lots and lots of scandal.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/204515499/ ... _dress.jpg ( Dress for Vanessa.)

Jasper groaned as he looked at himself in the mirror. He ran a hand through his messy hair and shook it around a bit. "Better." He thought as he nodded at himself. He tugged at the ends of his jacket and smoothed out the sleeves. He hated getting dressed up it made him feel so restricted but he was willing to do anything to impress Lizzie. He sat down on his bed and placed his head in his hands. He really needed a drink. He jumped off of his bed and crawled underneath it. He dragged out a big chest, inside of it is where he kept his stash. He groaned as he opened it. He had taken the last bit of opium all he had left was alcohol. He took the bottle not bothering to get a glass and took a swig. He felt it run through his veins as he slowly started to relax.

After the fifth swig he was feeling better then ever. He put it back in the trunk and pushed it underneath his bed. He knew that Vanessa would be bringing him some opium tonight, it was just a matter of getting it. He didn't really enjoy parties but if Lizzie was going to be there he would do anything. He knew that he really shouldn't of been drinking and that it wouldn't help him impress Lizzie...but he needed to drink. He needed it like he needed water. The one thing he was terrified of that he knew he was going to have to decide sooner or later was that which was more important Lizzie or Alcohol?
So happy to be back and writing, feels awesome =)

teegaroo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 am

Spencer Simons brushed his suit clear from any filth that had clung onto the exterior and examined his reflection in the mirror. A serious good looking man stared back at him, his brown eyes penetrating at his. In a second, he swept his glance away from the mirror and straightened his back. He smiled a crooked grin and reassured himself that tonight would be a 'smashing' night.

Repeating the reassuring thought in his head, he paced out from his room towards the foyer of his home. The soles of his shoes clacked against the hard marble of the floor as he smoothed loose strands of hair. His hands were sweating as he rubbed his fingers together. Something about tonight's party was making him feel nervous. Charlotte.

littleElise
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 am

Lizze ran up to her sister.It was not princess like at all to run but Lizze never cared.She stood beside her sister Charlotte.As she was waiting she smoothed the wrinkles down on her dress.Then she looked at her older sister.She was wearing the red puffy dress.Lizzie hated the big poofy long dresses.But tonight she was supossed to be dressed proper....that was her father's words not her mother's.Lizzie was waiting for the people to get here too.Then she said to Charlotte "hey sis your looking for him right?"Lizzie knew who her sister liked.Charlotte was always in love with the same person for like more then twp years.Lizzie her self on the other hand was way differnt.She would go out with some of the really cute guys she found.But she never really liked someone for as long as Charlotte has.
Tonight Lizzie really wanted to wear her short dress but her maid was stubborn.Lizzie all so hated wearing the high heels to.Lizzie just wanted the party to start...and everyone to get here.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

"Are you sick?" Charlotte joked, placing the back of her hand on her sister's forehead. She was wearing a long dress! Charlotte smiled at her younger sister, "Thank you. This party is very important to me, this means a lot," Charlotte did the best not to show her emotion, the lady-like thing to do, but she couldnt restrain herself. She hugged her sister. "You look gorgeous." she added.

((The guests can start arriving at the house))

xxdancewithme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Lizzie sighed "no I dont ......and im fine my maid was just being stubborn.....its not like I wanted to wear the dress".Lizzie looked at her sister she was full of emotion.Lizzie knew well it was hard for Charlotte not to show her emotion.This was the one thing Lizzie could bug her sister about cause she could hide her emotion's well."Hey Charlotte...dont show to much emotion" Lizzie was going to laugh but she knew she could not laugh right at this time.So she just kept a calm cool smile on her face as if nothing was said.Then she looked back to Charlotte "and thats how its done!".

Caille
Member for 15 years

Spencer rubbed his face and tried to calm himself. "Get a grip of yourself." He told himself as he paced around. After a while, he realized that he would not be any different if he loitered around any longer. As he entered the entrance of the house, his doorman called for the carriage. "Thank you, Gregory." He patted the doorman's back and entered the carriage.

He was still nervous when he reached the Wattson's. He got out of the carriage and quickly walked towards the door. He was ready to go in when he thought he would need some calming. He got out a cigar and puffed on it a few times, letting the tobacco ease his mind. He stared at the cigar in his hand and with a disgusted look, stomped it on the ground.

Under his breathe he muttered. "Bad habit." He straightened his suit and pushed the door open, smiling at the servants who let him in..

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Lizzie watched as Spencer came in.She picked up pices of her dress and walked down the stairs to the room below.Lizzie knew alot of people would be in surprise cause she was wearing a long dress.So she finally made it down the stairs then said "nice to see you made it Spencer".Lizzie smilied no she did not like like him.She was supossed to greet everyone that came cause that was what her maid told her.She started to spin around the room.Last time she was in this kind of dress was when she was 13.Lizzie was still surprised that she had just turned 16 two days ago.Then Lizzie stoped spining then said to Spencer "so how are you?".

Caille
Member for 15 years

"Elizabeth! You're all grown up." He chuckled slightly and smiled. "I'm doing fine, thank you for asking. How are you then? See you're not wearing your usual." He gestured at her long fancy dress. "Though it looks good on you, I won't lie."

He didn't seem nervous now as he spoke to Lizzie. She was too friendly to feel stressed with. Her smile helped him relax and forget about her sister for a while.

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Lizzie smilied "im not wearing the usal cause my maid was being stubborn....well I was to but ya......well im good why thank you" She smilied at him then added "Im not grown up...im only 16 well just turned 16 so ya im not grown up" Lizzie never wanted to grow up.....cause then that would mean more rules."plus I dont think I look good in it ....why do people have to keep saying that?".

Caille
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 pm

He smiled at her remark on her age. "Well, being grown up isn't that bad. I mean, look at it this way, being grown up, you can choose whatever clothes you want to wear and you parents pay more attention to you when you want to fire you stubborn maid." He laughed lightly and took a step back and pretended to check her out.

"Actually. You don't look good in it. You look beautiful." He smiled end jokingly bowed slightly. "Now "Lizzie. Would I lie? Me?? A nice good looking lad like myself!" He joked with her with a taunting gaze, feeling no jittery butterflies in his stomach anymore.

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Lizzie was trying to keep emotion's in but she failed.She started to laugh"I guess you would not lie...or maybe you would".Lizzie was smiliing.She was wondering when everyone else would show up.Lizzie was now looking at Spencer."you dont look bad your self........where did you get such fine clothes...and when?" She smilied joking.

Caille
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 pm

Edward Christopher Dunn… how to describe one such as Edward? He could be a blood sucking parasite- perfect for the courtrooms and discovering loopholes. But then there was the quiet side, the side that understood exactly how people thought and why they thought it. It was the side of him that felt compassion. Yet, to the dismay of many a mistress, it was a small side. That part of Edward was one that he locked up in a closet and duct taped to the back wall of it until it seemed to burst its own way out.

Enough about his inner beauty. This night was dedicated to those beautiful on the outside, those who had money to spare and weren’t worried about running out of it any time soon. Edward wasn’t going to care about their supposed inner qualities that made people amazing. Those kind of stories weren’t the things that gathered audiences to his articles. No, they were full of scandals that almost never occurred. And when they did, he was always the first to know, the first to exploit a secret that the owners claimed to have so perfectly hidden.

He pulled on his suit, hiding a small notebook and pencil within the sports coat. A spare pencil was hidden in his shoe, and yet another stashed into his pocket next to a wad of cash he kept with him at all times in case a bribe was necessary for the information he desired. This metaphorical bloodlust consumed his being, and that fact that this was going to be the largest party of the century made it all the more interesting. Yet, beyond his career moves, he was also trying to get some personal gain. It had been a few months since his last relationship, and the option to settle down didn’t appeal to him. There had to be some way to satisfy his desires for contact, and then he came upon his conclusion. Victoria…

…………….

It went quite well on the ride. The horses were moving at a delicate pace, but fast enough for him to stay entertained throughout the trip. The mansion that they drew ever closer to was larger and larger with every trot protruding from the black stallions that drew his navy carriage. His suit itself was a navy blue color, his bow tie a deep tone mix of royal blue and burgundy violet that shone with flecks of silver. Edward’s hair was styled with an amazing curl that appeared to defy gravity and enhance the amazing multi-tones of his eyes.

The gardens… the lights… the annoying reporters looking for his own opinions to turn against him… the door. Edward kept a façade of his happiness all the way up, no date necessary to make his reputation evermore important. Upon entering, he saw Lizzie, the younger Wattson daughter and Spencer Simons talking quite intensely towards each other.

“Is this a scandal I see already? And I haven’t even entered the building!” He pulled out the notebook jokingly and jotted down a quick scribble meant to look like he was actually taking notes. Edward released a chuckle before bowing towards Lizzie, then holding out a hand for Spencer.

Traveler
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Lizzie smilied as Edward came in."nice to see you showed up Edward....so how are you?".Tonight was going to be fun....as long as she could go change soon.She really hated wearing her blue dress.Then she looked at them and smilied.She watched them.She was now walking over to the people who would be playing music and asked if they would play a song of any kind.Then she walked back."any one wanna dance?"

Caille
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:24 am

Lizzie sighed then said "dont make me ask you guys again...its the time I feel like dancing...and most times I dont feel like it so please dance with me....someone?".Lizzie really did want to dance.She was waiting for someone to say yes and dance with her but they were to busy doing something else.She now started taping her foot waiting.For one to just dance with her.

Caille
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:43 am

(( whoah.. Slow down horsie!! Haha XD ))

Spencer chuckled and nodded towards Edward. "Yes. Haven't you heard?" He joked about the apparent scandal. He took Edward's hand and shook it firmly with a grin. "Edward. You look simply ravishing today."

He smiled from ear to ear and turned to Lizzie. "Well, tonight, for once, I feel like loosening up so why not, Miss Elizabeth?" He stepped forward and raised his arm for her to take a hold of and gesture towards the ball room.

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:50 am

Lizzie smilied she took her arm and locked it with his.Then she waitied to be took out to the dance floor.This was the first time in a year since she last danced.So she turned to Spencer "I cant remeber how to dance...but I still wanna try".Lizzie smilied it was true she forgot how.Then she looked at him and said "sorry about forgetting...its just that im not much of a dancer...thats more of Charlotte...I think anyways do you know how to dance?".

(( sorry im just super bored :P))

Caille
Member for 15 years

Charlotte's name rung in his ears and he felt uneasy again. He hooked his head ever so slightly and try to hide behind a kind smile. "I'm sure it's nothing bad that you can't learn." He spoke lightly and bowed when they reached the ball room.

He held her hand and place his other hand on her waist and swayed forward and back, guiding her slowly. He smiled and looked at her. "Not that bad. See:"

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!