Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rangers of Luck

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rangers of Luck

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:20 pm

"Hey Hey! The IC topic appears to be finished, or so BBClock tells me, Hey Hey. Here it is if you want to check it out. Oh, Hey Hey! Be sure to sign up and get approval first, Hey Hey."

"... ... ...

KWAH!

... ... ...

I can feel it... the forces of Luck and it's opposite have been debalanced. I have no idea why. What I do know is that as long as they are not balanced... I see it everyday... the apocalypse of some kind, perhaps due to the unbalancing of equal forces. It worries me, the vision returns each day, and with increasing intensity. I alerted the guilds about this... Wigglytuff's Guild in particular... for the guilds have such dedicated explorers. I know nothing else so far on this matter... perhaps you should go see for yourself?

Now, enough of that... who might you be?
"

Name:
Species:
Type:
Team Name:

Yeah, so this is a Mystery Dungeon RP... If you know the mechanics, great, otherwise, PM me for any questions.

As for the Guidelines:

ONE! DEDICATED IS BEST TO MAKE IT!
(Translation: Please Try Not to Drop Out Without Alerting Me)

TWO! ANY SPECIES UNEVOLVED, START RIGHT NEAR BY LEVEL 5!
(Translation: You Can Be Any Lowest Form of Pokemon, You Will Also Start at Level 5)

THREE! CREATIVITY IS A MUST! ORIGINAL TEAM NAMES ARE GREAT FUN!
(Translation: Please Use Original Names for Your Teams. No Team Charm or Team Hydro and the Like...)

FOUR! MOVES ARE REALLY FUN AND COOL, APPROPRIATE LEVEL MAKES THEM RULE!
(Translation: Please Keep Your Moveset Equivalent to Your Level. No Hyper Beam On a Level 10 Munchlax...)

FIVE! LOVE EACH OTHER LOTS N LOTS, OTHER THINGS STAY LOCKED N LOCKED!
(Translation: Romance is Allowed and Occasionally Encouraged. Please Keep Anything Above PG-13 In Private Messages.)

SIX! ITEMS ARE IMPORTANT, KEEP THEM CLOSE BY!
(Translation: You can use items, your pack will carry an near infinite amount, so do not worry.)

SEVEN! OTHER POKEMON, NPCS! MAKE NEW FRIENDS, GET THE KEYS!
(Translation: I will control all the Pokemon you find in dungeons and stuff... when they finally do join your team for whatever reason, you MAY get control of some of them.)

EIGHT! EXPLORING WITH FELLOWS IS REALLY QUITE MELLOW!
(Translation: You don't always have to make your own team when you sign up, go ahead and ask another RPer if you can be on their team. After all, I am allowing up to 3 people on a team in addition to NPC's that join.)

NINE! DUNGEON HALLWAYS THIN AND NARROW, SHRINK YOUR TEAM TO WIN THE MEDAL!
(Translation: Before each Dungeon you do, please keep it to no more than FOUR people on the team...)

That should cover it. As for Baby Pokemon/Basic Pokemon issues... Lowest Level Means Lowest Level! You can't be a PIKACHU to start, but you can be a PICHU.

As for the plot, the order of the world has been thrown into disarray by something... it appears to be related to the Luck Charms... Save the world why don't you? Good Luck...
Last edited by ClockworkTowers on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[center]"All artwork and ideas seen in my characters and stories have credit given to their individual creators, whether or not me or another individual is the creator in question."

"Now why not repay a favor and feed my hungry animals for me?"
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Group Theory

Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rangers of Luck

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:25 pm

I want to be Roilu. You know, mini Lucario (as I know I spelled it wrong).

Name: Alyx (male)
Species: Riolu
Type: Fighting
Team Name: Heartfang
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Yes, you are accepted. Heartfang... I like that name... I shall update the first post to clear up some things that might arise due to the very nature of this type of game...

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Group Theory

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryusan on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Name: Hikaru (male)
Species: Shinx
Type: Electric
Last edited by Ryusan on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryusan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Oh, another one. Hmm... a Shinx... your accepted too! Chari should get back to you soon with an answer. Hikaru... I'll make a note of that.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:07 pm

You're welcome to it, as is anyone else.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryusan on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Chari wrote:You're welcome to it, as is anyone else.

Yay thank you!

Ryusan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EliteTiger on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:01 am

Name:Rikai(Male)
Species:Torchic
Type:Fire
Team Name:Heartfang

EliteTiger
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:30 pm

Accepted, you are EliteT...

A Torchic... Fire/Fighting is a good type later on...

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EliteTiger on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:23 pm

When are you gonna make the IC? Oh and did anyone other than me book mark this?

EliteTiger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Time to round out the team! Let me know if this isn't okay, guys...

Name: Honip
Species: Dratini
Type: Dragon
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:32 pm

You are accepted Xiphonii... err... I think I'll make an exception if Chari is okay with it to allow you as well... 4 Humans on one team... Well... that's enough to start us off. The IC should be up soon.

Dratini? That's a hard to raise one...

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm fine with it. A team can have more than four people. More people= more missions at once= more exp/ items= well, you get the picture. I can't wait.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EliteTiger on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Alyx,Hikaru,Rikai, and Honip... Awesome!

EliteTiger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:41 pm

The IC is up if anyone wants to know. Link is at the top of the first post.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yue Shine on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:35 pm

Name: Cerulean
Species: Riolu
Type: Phycic
Team Name: Oceanis
ImageImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.What is your Spirit Animal
Your Result: Tiger
Pounce! Bite! Claw! The Tiger is your spirit animal. You are agressive, and probobly charming. Used well, your strength can bring fame, but used badly, you will end up in Jail.
Result Breakdown:
70% Tiger, 52% Wolf, 52% Deer, 50% Turtle,26% Bald Eagle
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

Yue Shine
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blind-Fox on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Name: Ripstride
Species: Larvitar
Type: Ground/Rock
Team Name: Oceanis

Blind-Fox
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:22 pm

Um, hey, Yue, I think you messed up. Riolu is a fighting type, not psychic. Also, do we really want two Riolus?

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DogLover on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Name: Flame (male)
Species: Ponyta
Type: Fire
Team Name: uh idk what team needs a new member

DogLover
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Oceanis could probably use one......but none of them have posted yet.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!