Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny

Pokémon: A Trainer's Destiny

a part of “Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny”, a fictional universe by Queen of Ice.

Follow your dreams in an advanced Pokémon RP. Create your own destiny in the Faria region. (NO LONGER ACCEPTING UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY CLAIMED A SPOT)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Pokémon: A Trainer's Destiny

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 am

xD I'm in then, although I currently have no base for my character. I'm just hoping my first attempt at a battle post is going to pass its evaluation at this point. I actually had planned to make Team Fate my focus in the first place, so this works out great.
~Cienpher~ GM of "That's Not an Omelette"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 am

Haha, oh my. Remind me not to go to sleep XD

Okay, here we go:

@Mr. Johnapillar - Yes, you may reserve Wurmple. I was also going to link you to the very same thing Naoto did, but I believe you may have already sent your sample by now (not sure, had a ton of PMs haha). Glad you're excited/like the RP! I decided to finally bite the bullet and really sit down and try to make a really epic Pokémon RP because so many of them are... well... you know XD

Also, I would like it if we stuck to only the Pokémon in the games. Sorry, and I'm sure your Pokémon was probably a really good idea and wouldn't have been ridiculous or anything, but just to keep things a little less complicated for me I'm going to have to ask that you don't use it. :(

@Kurokiku - Always happy to make people feel nerdy! XD

@Cienpher - Haha, would you prefer we didn't? I was thinking we would probably have her running it and maybe another nurse or two and a Chansey or Blissey. Contests are a big deal, and generally you are expected to dress up for them. Pokémon from Black and White are acceptable. I don't like most of them as much as the previous generations, but I'll do my best not to exclude them. XD Well, daycares, since you asked, yes I was going to have a few. Becoming a breeder... well that's something you'll have to figure out how to do on your own. ;D But going to a Daycare would be a good idea if you're really interested...

Misdreavous unfortunately is just a bit too powerful. But a Mareep would be a fine choice. I have a system for determining if your Pokémon will be shiny which just about replicates the terrible odds of the actual game. XD So far no one's starter has gotten the opportunity to be shiny. I'll ask you if you want it to be shiny if you pass. In the wild, though, if a Pokémon is shiny, it just is. If you don't like the shiny version... well that's unfortunate, haha.

@EVERYBODY - I'm going to work out three NPCs that will be recurring characters and potential friends/rivals for your characters if interested. One of them will be a sort of "Gary motherfu***ing Oak" type, one will be dedicated to contests, and the other I'm still thinking about. Just letting you guys know.
<3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 am

I have a lot of questions. But I can only remember few at the moment.

What are the pricings in the Pokemart?

What will the names of the cities be and will what they contain be up soon?

All pokemon are in this region?

Also, am offering to volunteer with technical stuff.
Last edited by Baby on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:26 am

Random question - how exactly would the move 'Attract' work? xD I always did wonder...

It's a rather entertaining thought to actually see a pokemon so infatuated, that they don't even fight back while getting pummelled xD
Last edited by Cienpher on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fortune Walking on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:37 am

Hey, I just submitted my character. I just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't put much effort into the character sheet. I usually reveal a character through actual interactions. I hope it gets approved!!! :)
"Mortal,

It was you yourself who cast your lot not with Security but with Fortune. Never Rejoice overmuch when she leads you to great victories, never Repine when she leads you into great adversity. Remember, Mortal, should Fortune ever stand still, she is no longer Fortune."

-Boethius, 524 a.d.

Fortune Walking
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:22 am

Random question tiem!

I know, obviously, if a Pokemon scratches/bites a human, it would be like any other animal doing so. But if they were to get poisoned running away or by a hostile wild Pokemon, how badly would it effect a trainer?

GracieGray
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:27 am

Wow, I actually never really thought of that. XD

Um, I would say it would hurt like hell and the trainer wouldn't last very long. Probably wouldn't die, but would most likely pass out at some point until the poison got out of their system. Depends on the Pokémon though. Poison Sting from Beedrill vs. Toxic from Muk is obviously going to have different effects.

Speaking of things I didn't think of, if you happen to lose all of your Pokémon in battle, you don't sketchily pass out and wake up at the nearest Pokémon Center, you just can't battle (as I've always thought it should be in the games).

EDIT: DERP there were more questions. I will answer them in a moment!

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am

@Baby- Prices for the Pokémart can be found if you go to Places and click on the place you're at. "Adinitium City" is the only place up right now.

Names of places were going to be revealed only as people got to them... but if that's going to be a problem we might be able to work something out.

Yes, all Pokémon are in this region (bar a few legendary Pokémon).

I appreciate the offer, and I'll be sure to take advantage when I need help! Thanks!

@Cienpher- Well, I was going to leave that up to the battlers to act appropriately and not let their Pokémon be unaffected all the time. What I personally would do:

Attract has a 50% chance of making the Pokémon "immobilized by love". I flip a coin and call it. I'm right, I break through, I wrong, I'm immobilized. If I start to get immobilized too much or not enough, I'll adjust accordingly, but for the most part try to keep it random.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:49 am

Oh, do we get those convenient pokeapplication things that allow us to call back home and listen to the radio? And those convenient little add-ons that let you do all sorts of things?

(Sorry for all the strange questions ^^")

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:57 am

Hi guys, there will be 6 training gyms located around the region. They will help level up your pokemon and your trainers overall endurance. The entrance is free. The info on the gyms is located in Barbelle Mortlocke's Character Skeleton under History click now or forever hold your mouse.. I will post it here for reference. Any questions about the training gyms, I think you should post here. So when I answer them, Queen can check and see if my answer is good. Also, I will control the trainers and leaders in the gyms, under Queen's watch. The gyms also give badges. Will try to be fair.

1st Gym: Novice Mortlocke ★☆☆☆☆☆. Consists of three trainers and one gym leader that specializes in normal type Pokemon. Located in Adinitium City

2nd Gym: Trainer Mortlocke ★★☆☆☆☆. Consists of three trainers and one gym leader that specializes in water type Pokemon. Located in a city that is predominantly surrounded with water.

3rd Gym: Experienced Mortlocke ★★★☆☆☆: Consists of four trainers and two gym leaders, double battle. Specializes in pyschic and dark type Pokemon. Located in a city that is big (Land mass wise) Cannot enter without three badges.

4th Gym: Ace Mortlocke ★★★★☆☆: Consists of five trainers and one gym leader. Specializes in poison type pokemon. Located in a city that is scenic. Cannot enter without 5 badges.

5th Gym: Expert Mortlocke ★★★★★☆: Consists of six trainers and one gym leader. Specializes in electric type pokemon. Located in a city that has a generator/large power house/attraction. Cannot enter without all badges.

6th Gym: Champion Mortlocke ★★★★★★. Consists of one gym leader, Barry Mortlocke. Specializes in dragon type pokemon. Located at the top of a mountain near Victory Road. Cannot enter.

Each gym has a building with a star count on the roof to show the level that the trainer has to be. All gyms are free and come with a badge. Badges from the training gyms cannot be used for anything other than for show.

Question: What about food and pokemon food? Will this be deducted from our pokedollars?

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:09 pm

And just to clarify, the Mortlocke Gyms do not give out the badges required to challenge the Pokémon League. You will still have to battle the town Gym leaders for those badges.

@Cienpher - Haha, no questions like that are good. Sounds like a good idea. Everyone can have one if they like. Just check with me before you use an app so I can make sure it isn't anything too crazy (i.e. Pokémon finder or something).

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Food is not something I will make you take money out to pay for, as I don't expect we'll even have regular "feeding" posts. And besides, it'd be unfair for someone who happened to catch something like a Snorlax. XD

I'll go ahead and say that the Pokémon Centers not only double as a place to sleep, but also to eat. All for free! Yaaaaaay Nurse Joy!

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Sorry - yet another question...

In this world, are legendary pokemon actually only things of legends? Could a person actually say, "There's no such thing as Arceus!" and have people agree with them? Or are they just super duper rare pokemon that many people have seen but never managed to catch?

Also, just to let you know, it turns out that the pokemon app things are called Pokétchs (Pokemon Watches) ^^

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Haha, really you don't have to apologize for questions. They're really helping me, too.

I would say yes and no to your question in a way. Legendary Pokémon are really, really, rare, and have only been seen by a few trainers. However, for the most part most people believe in many of them. Like, few people would say "Arceus doesn't exist!", but many people would agree that you'll probably never see, much less catch Arceus in your lifetime, even if you devoted every waking moment to finding it.

Of course you guys are special though, right? ;D

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:51 pm

I've got a burning question of my own...

While we are fighting Gym Leaders... Will they use those forsaken Full Restore every-single-fricken'-time their Pokemon is about dead? That was so damn irritating in the game! Gah! It made me want to ragequit every time.

"Almost dead... I just need to land... this.. last.. move!"

"LOL NOPE!"

"GAH! DAMMIT!"
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:56 pm

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Submitted a character and awaiting approval ^^" though I have to say, she created herself more than I created her... (that tends to happen to me and my characters...)

Well I look forward to what sort of crazy adventures with gyms, contests, and Team Fate this RP has in store for all of us xD

And I most definitely agree, that full restore trick was really irritating =...=

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Approved ^^

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm

3 NPCs are up if you want to check them out.

Any relationships you want to have with them just need to be okayed by me and then should be edited into your character sheet. :)

They're people who graduated along with you at the Pokémon Academy.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:14 pm

Character submitted and sample sent. (^_^)
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!