Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny

Pokémon: A Trainer's Destiny

a part of “Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny”, a fictional universe by Queen of Ice.

Follow your dreams in an advanced Pokémon RP. Create your own destiny in the Faria region. (NO LONGER ACCEPTING UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY CLAIMED A SPOT)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Pokémon: A Trainer's Destiny

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:01 pm

I would say use your own judgement... And anything that makes things pop. I myself am going to be using moves for other than their original purposes.

IE: Dig? I'll have my pokemon dig underneath a large pokemon, effectively setting a trap that will cause the larger pokemon to fall through the ground and immobile it for a bit.

Smog? Not only will it poison the pokemon, but BLAM, improntu smoke screen that burns the enemy pokemon's eyes.

Vine Whip? Instead of just smacking a pokemon silly, it can be used to bind a pokemon and set up for another attack.

That's why I put creativity as Dom's major aspect. I don't think it'd matter as long as you can make it make sense.

EDIT: Also... I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL! I just want to chuck my laptop out the window and hulk out. Just fricken hulk out, man. AND YOU KNOW IT'LL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS THE FIRST TIME!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:12 pm

While looking through pokemon moves, I stumbled across hidden power and then remembered that it about different types of hidden powers? I don't want to go through the calculations, so how would I deal with that?

Also, do we get secret bases? XD
~Cienpher~ GM of "That's Not an Omelette"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Queen of Ice wrote:My thoughts exactly. Let's go with that.

Was that to my post?

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Oh yeah. It got to the point where I just type everything in a Word Doc and then paste it to the site.

@Sorence - Better try to get your stuff in fast if you want to start with everyone else. But don't worry too much if you can't; you can easily catch up. And you're just going to have to comb the OOC for info at this point D: Sorry!

@13 - That brings up a good point and something I forgot to mention earlier. First let me say, that Pokémon using Fly or Surf must be big enough to carry you. No surfing on Sentret and no flying on Pidgey!

As for your question, all moves will affect the environment, but I don't know about environment affecting moves. Like Earthquake would tear up the terrain a bit, and Surf would drench the ground.

But I don't know if moves should be limited so much. I mean, I'm hesitant because Surf is kind of a really good move, as well as pretty necessary on some Pokémon. I think I'm going to have to go on a case by case basis. Like, Rock Throw, needs a rock. Sand Attack needs dirt (don't really know where there isn't dirt besides on water though). But Surf, I'm going to say you can take the humidity in the air, or just use it in a stronger, wider Water Gun sort of way.

So for now it depends on the move...
<3

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:24 pm

lol y'all post too fast for me XD

Talisman has the right idea. :)

Hidden Power is impossible unfortunately as we aren't keeping track of IVs and stuff like that. Though there are calculators online that can tell you if you've been calculating all this time XD.

@Baby- Yes.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Ah, to be united by a common pain. It just so dang frustrating when it catches you off guard. This one time, I wrote this awesome post, extremely descriptive and everything. And as I'm going for the final period, My computer shut off, for no reason. Needless to say, it took every fiber in my being to stop myself from just snapping the thing in half.

Anywho...

Almost done with my character, (Saved in a document for safety) just gotta write my out my bio, (that alway takes the longest for me), and repack my bag, (When your packing for a long road trip, have to make sure you have the necessities)
O o
/¯/__________________________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

13lazer31
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:50 pm

next question: Tm's and HMs Will we need the gym badges in order to use them? Because, I really don't have much of an intention to challenge the gym's too much. Maybe one here and there, but I don't to have to go through all the trouble if I don'r have to. The mains one will be surf and fly. I'm sure, since we're going by logic, I can burn trees in my path instead of cutting them.

and will we have to go to a move deleter to get rid of them? I HATE that.

As for TM'S. For an ultra competitive Pokemon fight, TM's are needed, I know some can be bought at stores, but still. Normally I teach Blaziken a move like Thunder Punch, to help get rid of flying Types. Can this be done?
and how are we doing the purchasing system? Are you going to make a super long list of what each individual item costs?
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:53 pm

TM/HM/Egg moves/etc. will be available at the Move Tutor's house where he can teach your Pokémon a move for a price to alleviate the pain of acquiring TMs and HMs and breeding.

Gym badges are not required for HMs outside of battle.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:57 pm

By the way I closed the RP to new people. We've got A LOT. Haha.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:08 pm

no kidding XD see, I told you it'd be popular!

while I was thinking about the last question, another thing came to mind: AHow are you deciding how we get money? I mean, can we like, do odd jobs, or maybe do errands for Nurse Joy, or the police, instead of fightning for mere Pokenickels? (haha, pun) that would be your territory.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 pm

found this little short that best explains a problem.

DON'T Bring or buy anything you can't carry on you back! XD

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:24 pm

LOL

And Fly asked a similar question. Here was my response:

Yes, every time you win a battle you will earn money. The stronger the trainer, the more money you will receive. When you lose you will lose 25% of your money. When battling other RP-ers, this money does go to them (or you if you win).

Contests pay out big money depending on how far you get.

Illegal methods work, so long as it isn't something silly like, "WE ROBBED THE BANK HURHURHUR." Just don't get caught. ;D

I'm sure other methods/opportunities will pop up during the RP.

Helping people will have its rewards.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:24 pm

xD great little short comic!

Which reminds me, do we get a premier ball for every ten pokeballs we buy?

And again, are there no secret bases or underground capture the flag games? XD (Loved that game... I think my record against my brother is like 43 wins, 2 losses or something...)

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:24 pm

I suppose you could say...

He was tripping balls.

http://instantrimshot.com/

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:34 pm

EDIT: Lets Try that Again

To bring more laughs along with a question

My question is obvious. ROTFLOLMAO
Last edited by 13lazer31 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:35 pm

When are we going to start?
ImageImageImageImage

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:43 pm

lol sure, Premier Ball with the purchase of ten Pokéballs.

No secret bases per se, but you could definitely set up a little place somewhere along one of the routes.

LOL and I'm actually not entirely sure about that question. If you're asking will the Earth get absolutely ravaged by a powerful Pokémon attacks, the answer is only the immediate area if the Pokémon are strong enough. You can get into trouble depending on what you destroy, so be careful... IF that was the question XD

@Dawnfire- Tomorrow. Giving the Slowpokes of the group more time to finish their characters. ;D

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Sent my character

@13lazer31 O_o... I'm worried for you. My guess is it will get banged up (imagine brusies and cuts). In that situation, I would say bleeding.

Now for my question. We are all starting off in the same town, right? Bad question I know, but I want to be on the safe side.

Sorence
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 pm

@Queen: that wasn't my question, though it's good you pointed that out, my question is regarding the fact that the pidgey took an attack powerful enough to show throughout the galaxy,.... and only fainted.

@Sor: What's wrong with laughing at something funny?

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Johnapillar on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:56 pm

@ Queen: I definitely pictured the pokemon slowpoke sitting at a computer when you said that.

And also, how will poison work in this? in earlier generations, your pokemon faints if you don't cure the poison soon enough, but in later ones it'll cure itself with 1 hp left. If our pokemon is poisoned, can it faint because of it? Also would trainers be poisoned too with the same situation?

Mr.Johnapillar
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!