Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Project Dragonfly

Project Dragonfly

a part of “Project Dragonfly”, a fictional universe by Gladis.

"I say, let me tell you a story, stranger. Oh, don’t worry. It’s a fun one! With tons of blood, gore and death… I can assure, you shall find it quite interesting. It is the story about you.”

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Project Dragonfly”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Project Dragonfly

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartha on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:28 am

It looks like it will be quite exciting with Vincent around! He seems like the type to find something that Needs Doing and get it done. ^.^;;

@slimmyjimhim Were you thinking of playing someone who recently became blind, or who was born blind? /curious
GIl's terribly nice, I'm sure he'd give you tasty pies for free! ^_^

ARRGH - I forgot how extremely nerve-wracking it is to do formatting on characters. /bangsheadagainstBBCoding

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tartha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:16 am

Yep he's kind of like that. c:

I get the feeling that Qrow and Vincent won't get along at all, I'm looking forward to seeing how everything will turn out. xD
Look alive, Sunshine.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:44 am

@Tartha I was thinking of having someone who has been blind for a long time but they weren't born blind
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartha on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:58 am

@slimmyjimjim Noice. It should be interesting! I decided to not challenge myself at all this time around, but hopefully that'll mean that I'm playing a character that's perfect for reacting to everyone else.

...On an unrelated note, I found the derpiest pirate flag I could on short-order: if anyone has a better one let me know (the kinda more sad and pathetic, the better).

Tartha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Check Mate on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:04 pm

BWAHAHA, yeah I sense some chaos if Vincent and Qrow crossed paths too much, but who knows-
Maybe friendship will blood~...
If someone doesnt die first XD

anywho since Qrow is basically finished, I would like to establish some future relations with yall, so contact me if your interested :D
ImageImage

Check Mate
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gladis on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Since Mohai withdrew her character, the technician is open for taking.

Gladis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:45 pm

I'd love to reserve the technician if possible! :)

I would begin work on her immediately in the meantime until I get a reply and might even have her submitted by tomorrow. Haha. Also, if you want me to, I can do a male although honestly I prefer female.
"A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."
O.O

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartha on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 pm

I re-read through everyone's characters, and I have two things to say:

1) This is gonna be one hell of a bumpy ride. (It is both scary and exciting how many peoples triggers overlap. Vincent especially--he lurves the pain and Gil is not the only peace-loving hippie in the group. (My goal is to befriend him. RP: Hard Mode!)

2) Everyone is anorexic. It's the only way to account for the weight/height distributions... Unless being meta human automatically makes you lighter for some reason. XD
Last edited by Tartha on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tartha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Well if nobody else picks the character I could
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:19 pm

To be honest, I'm pretty sure the whole weight thing is just lazy writing on everyone's part. I mean, it's not like you should bother to figure out what is and isn't gonna be obese/anorexic. I seriously doubt characters are gonna be judged on their weight, unless someone decides to play a health coach. =P
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartha on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:54 pm

@Byte. Mostly, I was kidding around more than judging (I'm sure you could write an acedemic tomb on how everyone's "lazy writing" favors ridiculously low weight, but that's not really my soapbox). ^_^ irl I'm a fairly fit adult who is 5'5" and weighs 150, so it's silly to see characters 6'+ who weigh less than I do. ;)

Rather then start a discussion on fluctuating weights and the potentiality of any one character/person weighing any one thing; I much rather giggle over the "lazy writing." (I, too, am guilty of such things.) We have a joke amongst my DnD group that the average height of an adult male is 6'9".

"He was really quite short at 6'4" and had a bit of a complex about always being called a 'shorty'."

What a fascinating cast. I'm so excited! /flails
Last edited by Tartha on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tartha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:44 am

@Check Mate: Shit, I actually think I will take you up on that offer.

@Tartha:
That's a band of giants if I ever saw one. Oh, DnD groups and your silliness. ^^;

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:36 am

@Tartha, I have only one thing to say to you: Good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing how you will manage to succeed with that, you are really challenging yourself when picking him of all. xD

And it actually surprised me that Vincent seem to be the only crazy cold blooded murderer of the team at the moment. Everyone seem so... reluctant to kill people, like they are forced to do it but doesn’t want to. While Vincent is more like "Die! Die! DIE! MWAHAHA!" or worse. :3

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:54 am

Dani just doesn't care enough to kill people. Besides, it would be contradicting for the medic to take lives, although she isn't above deliberately hurting people when they deserve it. I mean, she knows how to torture people, that's far worse than out right taking someone's life. x3

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gladis on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:35 am

Fredalice wrote:Well if nobody else picks the character I could

Make it a girl, teenager if possible. XD

Gladis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gladis on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:47 am

Kira... I wouldn't say that Kira isn't interested in killing people. It does simply not belong to her slim field of interests. I mean, it's not like she cares about people. She finds them scary (even if she'd never admit it out loud). Then again, she's not a field agent so killing people is not her job. XD She finds it far more enjoyable snooping around their private lives by taking a glimpse into their computers. >.> I swear, Kira doesn't go out much but she keeps tabs on everyone. It'll be interesting to see what her relationship with everyone will be. ^^

Gladis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:08 am

People are scary. Look at Vincent, he's totally crazy. =P

Anyway, might be a fun little idea if we made a relationship thread where we can write our character's thoughts on the others. I see this often in RPs with pre-established "teams".

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gladis on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:14 am

I shall get on it! XD

Gladis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:18 am

EDIT: Yay! lol.
Last edited by Akantha on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gladis on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:20 am

Fredalice wrote:Well if nobody else picks the character I could

Change in plan. X3
You can have the last female field agent, if you like. Gentlemiss hasn't submitted even a WIP yet and did not reply to my IM yesterday, so I take that as withdrawing from the RP.

Akantha wrote:I'd love to reserve the technician if possible! :)

I would begin work on her immediately in the meantime until I get a reply and might even have her submitted by tomorrow. Haha. Also, if you want me to, I can do a male although honestly I prefer female.

I like her. A lot. I'll accept her. ^^

Gladis
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!