Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Project Dragonfly

Project Dragonfly

a part of “Project Dragonfly”, a fictional universe by Gladis.

"I say, let me tell you a story, stranger. Oh, don’t worry. It’s a fun one! With tons of blood, gore and death… I can assure, you shall find it quite interesting. It is the story about you.”

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Project Dragonfly”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Project Dragonfly

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:16 am

Yay! I'm glad it will be starting soon. I keep checking in to see but then end up pouting haha. Though I'm super excited to know it will now~ :D

Btw, I have been slightly working on the relationship thingy but I'm also kind of miffed about it as most of the characters haven't met and so I feel weird about it. Like I could predict it…but then I don't want to say something and then the characters interact and have it turn out differently.
"A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."
O.O

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartha on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Akantha wrote:Btw, I have been slightly working on the relationship thingy but I'm also kind of miffed about it as most of the characters haven't met and so I feel weird about it. Like I could predict it…but then I don't want to say something and then the characters interact and have it turn out differently.
I plan on doctoring mine once my relationships shift to what they will actually be in the game. I doubt the posts would or should stay static. Luckily, from what I can tell from everyone's comments so far, most folks feel that their first post is a bit tentative.

Oh, but--

@Gladis:
I am interested to know the timeline a bit. When I first read the backstory, I was under the impression that everyone of the Dragonfly kids had been living together for several months or more, and that the house had been there several years with a rotating set of agents (being replaced when they died, etc). However, if that's the case--has the town just not noticed? I'm fine with that, I can withhold my disbelief (a la Invader Zim style).

It can be kinda fun starting a game with everyone already knowing each other (very Star Trek, in that you learn people's backstories through future adventures vs having to introduce yourself every time you meet a new character). Anyway, I guess my point is, we all seem to have slightly different timelines for how long people have been around? I figure Gil has been around for about a year? Half a year? /considers... It probably matters less for the human characters.

...Actually, it might be best not to clarify a timeline, because then--like the Relationship posts, we can edit it as we need to after the game gets started. I figure the only problem is when people have two vastly different ideas of time. Like, we all know that Vincent has been around for a while, but I actually don't know how long, say, Dani has been around... Unless you figure that every Dragonfly agent is sent away from the training facilities when they're 14... But there are clearly several characters who have been moved around from Safe House to Safe House.

Lessee here...
Qrow (26 = 12 years in the field),
Vincent (25 = 11 years in the field),
Dani (24 = 10 years in the field),
Ginger (23 = 9 years int he field),
Issac (19 = 5 years in the field),
Suzette (19 = 5 years in the field),
Kira (18 = 4 years in the field)...

... I'm rambling. Anyway. No matter! Game will start, and all my theorizing will come to naught. /embarrassed

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tartha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Heeey I just jump in like nothing and say what I believe because well I have been talking to Gladis and such but this is just my way of seeing it, she may have a different view though. So it will be interesting to read her response.

True Vincent has been around in the Hunter family for quite a while, but he hasn't been the leader for such a long time. In my head the Hunter's has been in the city for just one or two months because their previous leader died on the field and they were then rearranged to live in another city. Because well it would look a bit suspicious it people just got exchanged all the time. But that is just how I see it, that would explain why people don't know that much about them also since they are new.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the "family" was a bit changed as well. Because as you can read in some of the histories people mentions previous families. So it wouldn't surprise me if Kira and Suzette is new to the Hunter's as well. Because at the moment the only ones I know has been working with Vincent for a while is Qrow, Dani, Ginger and Issac.
Look alive, Sunshine.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartha on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:18 pm

That makes a whole lot of sense.

Tartha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:51 am

Well I'm starting to wonder if I have to kick off this rp on my own because now it has gone quite a while since we were supposed to have this thing started. So what's happening?

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:26 am

Yeah, i'm kinda wondering what's up as well. Are we still waiting on those last few characters? Doesn't seem to be that essential since we've got a good enough crowd here. So, yeah, a small up-to-date might be nice.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:58 pm

I hope it starts soon, it would be a shame for this rp to die.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Golgari on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:13 am

If you guys wouldn't mind letting me join our motley crew, I'd love to reserve the technician.

Golgari
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartha on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Lyysa wrote:Well I'm starting to wonder if I have to kick off this rp on my own because now it has gone quite a while since we were supposed to have this thing started. So what's happening?
Please do! I would be quite sad if it were to die before it started!

Tartha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:04 am

Well if Gladis feel like she has to much to do to start this up I wouldn't mind doing it, even if I suck at starting posts but well we have been waiting for this for a long time now. So what do you say Gladis?

Lyysa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:47 am

Alright, I was really hoping not to have to resort to something as childish as this, but apparently common courtesy is a concept that has entirely slipped by the GM.

I think I've been patient enough with waiting for an update on the current standing with this roleplay. Gladis has yet to give us the time of day to properly inform us, despite showing activity in other threads (And even managing to submit characters for other roleplays). So clearly, they're either complete goldfishes or arbitrarily decided that their own roleplay is no longer worth their time without telling us. And if they don't care, why should I waste my time?

I'll give this another three days. If the GM hasn't informed us by then, I will remove Dani, and myself, from the roleplay. Harsh decision, but I've got better things to do than sitting around waiting for a whole bunch of nothing to happen.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:22 pm

So who votes we should start this rp up ourselves?

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:30 am

Depends on how many are still here and willing to give it a go, but a definite "Yay" from me if a sufficient majority is going to be on board and we can somehow manage to come up with an interesting plot. (Although I suppose it's best to check who's still "in" before we spend time and effort into thinking up some kind of dilemma.)

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartha on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:06 pm

I'm always up for roleplaying!

We could just get started. Sorta adjust into our character's daily lives. That way Gladis and/or Lyysa can throw a plot wrench in our day-to-day activities if/when plot happens. In the meantime, folks can start to get their characters developed. Relationships can strengthen (or weaken), and the daily minutia can start clicking away.

Tartha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gladis on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Lyysa wrote:Well if Gladis feel like she has to much to do to start this up I wouldn't mind doing it, even if I suck at starting posts but well we have been waiting for this for a long time now. So what do you say Gladis?

If you want to start it up, hun, feel free to do so. I don't mind. You're pretty much the co-GM of the RP.

Byte wrote:
Alright, I was really hoping not to have to resort to something as childish as this, but apparently common courtesy is a concept that has entirely slipped by the GM.

I think I've been patient enough with waiting for an update on the current standing with this roleplay. Gladis has yet to give us the time of day to properly inform us, despite showing activity in other threads (And even managing to submit characters for other roleplays). So clearly, they're either complete goldfishes or arbitrarily decided that their own roleplay is no longer worth their time without telling us. And if they don't care, why should I waste my time?

I'll give this another three days. If the GM hasn't informed us by then, I will remove Dani, and myself, from the roleplay. Harsh decision, but I've got better things to do than sitting around waiting for a whole bunch of nothing to happen.

I sincerely apologize about this, Byte. It is true that I have submitted characters to other role plays, but those were things that needed to be done. I've honestly been waiting for the last character to be finished- and I know, I should have informed you guys, I'm sorry. The character will be finished today, meaning the RP should start soon enough. I really do apologize. Between getting promised character sheets done and school I've really not had a lot of time. >.<

I'm sorry I made you feel like you've been wasting your time, too. It was never my intent. So... yes, sorry. X3

Gladis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Gladis wrote:I sincerely apologize about this, Byte. It is true that I have submitted characters to other role plays, but those were things that needed to be done. I've honestly been waiting for the last character to be finished- and I know, I should have informed you guys, I'm sorry. The character will be finished today, meaning the RP should start soon enough. I really do apologize. Between getting promised character sheets done and school I've really not had a lot of time. >.<

I'm sorry I made you feel like you've been wasting your time, too. It was never my intent. So... yes, sorry. X3

And I'll apologize for maybe, possibly, forcing a bit of anger into my rant. But your lack of activity here while my stalking skills revealed activity elsewhere had me slightly worried. Just an explanation is all I ask for, even if it's a tiny, insignificant update. So long as I know what's going I'm as content as a cat with a ball of yarn. ^^;

But, yeah, I may have overshot my anger a bit. It's just that I tend to see this kind of thing much too often where the GM suddenly decided to up and leave with their entourage hanging around wondering what's happened. I wasn't trying to judge you, real life stuff happens and promises must be kept and all that... :) At least you haven't left us, and took the time to respond. Honestly, much appreciated. :)

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:38 am

I think we should do what Tartha suggested and just start up the roleplay by adjusting into the ordinary lives because at the moment I don't know what Gladis has planned yet - I do know what we talked about in Dragonfly: The Hunters but I don't know if it's the same first mission this time. So since I'm not sure about that it has to wait. Just the ordinary life should be good enough since that would make the Hunters able to interact with the citizens too until Gladis has time to start the missions (or just inform me what she has planned) and such.

So I see no problem in everyone just starting to write their first post, I guess I will write one for Vincent just to start off the roleplay - but I'm not sure what I should write... heh... So yes, if you don't see anything from me don't hesitate to write by yourself.

End of discussion. The sort of co-GM has decided that now.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:48 am

And first post is up, crappy since I had no idea what to write but still it's something. But now we've officially started anyway.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartha on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Excite! Excite! I'd say that, that's a perfectly serviceable first post. /trips off to write a "reply"

Tartha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:25 am

Posted for Ginger, I'll try posting for Marie sometime in the next couple days.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!