Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RAGE /ANGER/VENTING GENERAL THREAD

a topic in Flame Wars, a part of the RPG forum.

PLEASE keep ANY quarrel to these forums. This is not an ammo dump, either. Please TRY to resolve your issues PEACEFULLY.

RAGE /ANGER/VENTING GENERAL THREAD

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:22 am

Well I now feel ENRAGED, so tell me, what makes you feel ANGER AND RAGE? I feel like should be my weapons..
Let's make this a general ANGER, RANGE, and VENTING thread.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: RAGE /ANGER/VENTING GENERAL THREAD

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:31 am

Is this legal? If so, count me in because I'm miffed as well right now...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalorticus on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 am

Aaaahhh!!!! Anger!.....not being able to do my back flips makes me angry...same thing with side flips...
Please join my new role play, it's my first here. monster-hunter-t8736.html

Zalorticus
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:37 am

Legal ! Hell yeah ! In any case, I'm slightly peeved that one of the members of one of my RPs is only posting one-liners, unlike everyone else. Nothing against the said person, but I find it rather infuriating, and if I weren't GM, probably wouldn't take the time to read it ... Though I'd definitely not call myself ENRAGED at the mo. What's ailing you Ryand ? Lay down the burden of your anger upon this forum community so that we may all carry it together, and appease the fires that are ablaze within your being. (Gods, I sound like a hippy, COOL ! lol.)

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:47 am

Ok, here I go. Anger girl on the loose. lol. I also tend to hit enter and start new lines a lot when I'm angry...
Ok, so I'm taking this online class on programming video games, and we were assigned a final project...
This could be a group project, or you could do it on your own...
I was going to do it on my own, but one of my fellow classmates emailed me and wanted to be in my group...
I, being the nice person I am, said yes.
I should have stopped and though for a second.
I had just gotten done do another project with this person not too long ago. I had done most of the work, but they had helped enough to keep me sastified, and we got full credit. If I had thought about how little work they had done, I would have said no.
This game is due Wednesday... I have spent close to seven hours on it, and they have spent next to no time on it, and have no contributed anything. And I am mad because if it was a single person project, it would already meet the minimn requirements to get an A, but since its a two person project, it has to be more advanced. And I'm going to be doing all the work, and they are going to be claiming that they did as much as me when they didn't, and GRR!!!!

Basically, if you didn't want to read the message above, I'm tired of being taken advantage of because I'm a nice person...

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:19 am

I am enraged that I had to merge 6 or 7 different threads in the Help forum about the General Errors. No one reads things before slapping up a new thread. >=/
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malice on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm not mad at the moment, but you know what pisses me off?

...people who are ignorant, such as those who post one-liners and don't listen, and just general not following or taking advice.

Malice
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:21 pm

I concur, Malice.

One-liners tick me off.

Rawr. >=/

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:33 pm

Oh yes. One liners. Even when I'm having massive writer's block, I try to not post a one line. Even then I want to have atleast three lines.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalorticus on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:46 pm

Angel_Melfina wrote:I am enraged that I had to merge 6 or 7 different threads in the Help forum about the General Errors. No one reads things before slapping up a new thread. >=/

Hmm, sounds like a job for a ninja. Do you want me to take care of them?

No worris, I am a ceritfied Ninja.

Zalorticus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:25 am

You're hired.

And don't fail me.

I may have to post in here about people lying about being certified ninjas!!

<3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalorticus on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:05 am

Okay, now how do you want me to take em out? Let them live, but in torment, or not?

And Iwill need the names...

(Now worries about lying here. I have proof of Ninja training...)

Zalorticus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:46 pm

If you are in need of a second ninja, I'm your man! err.... GIRL!
For I am a ninja. Just look at my name. I will poke them with my forks of doom until they are dead.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Now, I know this isn't going to make me a whole lot of friends, but:

Know what pisses me off? The fact that I have no clue who is who anymore. Take for example the "annoyed severely" thread. I just went back and read it. In it, I reply to someone named "Peryite". Later down, someone makes a guess as to how the name "Peryite" came to be. Figured out the problem yet? If you go and read the thread, you will notice that there is no one named "Peryite" to be found... seems suspicious, no?

Now, there are places where I can understand a name change. Take Saladin. He was developing a reputation that could hurt his ability to roleplay with the normal players. I literally saw a five-post battle in the forums. Person A comes out and does their opening post, Saladin comes out and post that his character sees the other, Person A initiates the fight, Saladin attacks, Person A says something along the lines of: "Wow. That was amazing. I bow to your great skill." Now, after something like that, I can understand wanting to have a name change... (although with Saladin, you never know. He probably like the fact.)

Then you have all these other people. "Peryite" to "True Grave". What the hell? Why on earth does he need to change his name? Unless "Peryite" was offensive, (and I still don't see exactly how that would be,) why couldn't he just keep his own name?

Now, seeing as I'm trying to NOT rant, I'll keep this brief. If you create a name, and want to change it just because you don't like it, then you should learn to just suck it up and get about your every day life. Just like in real life: having a bad name is not going to kill you.

Now, I'm just going to say that this is not a flame against True Grave. I've seen this numerous times, and am totally sick of it. The only reason I used the whole Peryite/True Grave example is because that's the one I've seen most recently. I repeat: this is not a flame against True Grave specifically, but against all the people who just go around changing their usernames on a whim.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Pissed? I could go on for days about what pisses me off, but lately, I dunno, lemme think.

Probably people who don't bother reading the rules and introductions of roleplays before they post and then say totally stupid shit that goes against the entire plotline. I'm not gonna use any examples from this site (though I've got a few) for the sake of not getting on anyone's back, but like hell, there was this one roleplay I started, another one of those zombie deals, where I specifically stated a couple of things that they couldn't do. Then, so-and-so joins, and makes this big post in which they do like four out of five (or whatever) things I said they couldn't, and they see no issue with it and don't understand why I ask them to edit their posts.

What else? People who don't bother posting in roleplays that they joined. They're online, and posting in other places, but don't bother doing anything in certain roleplays, and whoever the hell happens to be waiting for them to respond can just suck it up or whatever I guess they're thinking. If you want to be part, then bloody post, it's not complicated. >,<

That's all. Everything else is non-roleplay related >.>
No, I'm not the girl your mother warned you about.

Her imagination was never this good. <33

:: Y'all heard about Mary-Jane?
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright;
She makes my heart sing. ::

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:54 am

New members shouldn't try to start flame topics about people they know nothing about. V.v that brings serious hate and pain down on them.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:54 am

Ghost, I totally agree. I myself just realized that True Grave was the same as Perytite yesterday.

Over the past few weeks, I've done a little investigating because I've been so annoyed. I can think of two users who have changed their names a lot...One has changed his name 7 times, another has changed his 8 times in a month. Now, I have nothing personal against these users (I already expressed my annoyance to one of these users yesterday. x_x), but it's severely annoying to keep up with them both as a user and as a staff member. I never agreed with users having the permission to change their user names as they pleased. That has only been put in place in the past 6 months or so, I believe.

I am pretty sure that these users have changed their usernames to coincide with characters they use in RPs, but I guarantee that they are in more than one RP. If you change your name to suit an RP, then it changes for all your other RPs and destroys the reason why you changed it for them in the first place. It's a never ending cycle, and I think users find it very hard to keep up with people in their RPs if a random name they've never seen before pops up...8 times a month, As a staff member, it's hard to keep up with the person for authority reasons, so to speak. It's hard to be able to keep up with users that might be a potential problem if they change their name every week. I'm not saying these users are, I'm just saying...

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:55 am

I JUST HAD TO BUY A NEW HARD DRIVE, BUT THEN, THE IDIOTS GIVE ME THE WRONG ONE, SO THEN I RETURN IT, BUT THEY GIVE ME BULLSHIT ABOUT GIFT CARDS, I RAGE IN REALITY, I GET THE DAMN REFUND, I GET THE RIGHT HARD DRIVE, I THEN FORMAT BUT IT TAKES ME TWO HOURS TO GET THE JUMPERS RIGHT. I THEN FORMAT BUT MY FIRST LIVECD SUCKS SO IT TAKES ME TWO HOURS TO GET THAT RIGHT SO I CAN FORMAT AND INSTALL MY OS. I THEN HAD TO DO A 10 PAGE PAPER IN TWO HOURS. I THEN HAD TO GO AND WAIT IN RAIN FOR MY BUS, THEN HAD TO STAND UP FOR TWO HOURS IN CROWDED TRAINS BEFORE I CAME TO ACADEMY TODAY. THEN RAGE BECAUSE I AM NOT GOING HOME UNTILL 10 PM RAGE UNLIMITED RAGE WORKS.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:06 am

Lmfao, Ryand. That post was just funny because I could so picture you yelling all of that. XD

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day! I hope it gets better, and that maybe perhaps you can rest when you get home tonight. <3

Now, something else to vent about to stay on topic...

I have quit drinking soda and coffee on a regular basis. It was giving me problems in my urinary tract, so I decided to quit once and for all. Plus, I was addicted to the caffeine, so when I didn't have it, I would get headaches. Well, I feel much better physically already, and I think this will help me with my weight loss goals in the long run, but like any addiction, it is very hard to stay away from it. My fiance's entire family are Pepsi Max/Diet Pepsi/Diet Coke FANATICS. It's so hard...not to take one sip...BUT I CANNOT, for if I DO, I will not STOP drinking it.

I do treat myself to a Sprite/Sierra Mist now and then, and perhaps a cup of coffee on those mornings I need a pick-me-up (like this morning...Fiance's birthday, bar, designated driver...'nough said), but it kills me that the stuff is everywhere. Absolutely everywhere.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:35 am

Do you want to know what pisses me off now?

It is Microsoft, and it's "grand" creation(and upgrade) MS PowerPoint. I have been at it for the past three days trying to finish a project of mine, but, as it seems, the "great" Microsoft Office is screwing it all up!

Note: To all that don't know what MS means, it is an abbreviation of the word "Microsoft".

I think I'll go download OpenOffice instead. Stupid Microsoft merchandise >>;

KyojoKen
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!