Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Registration Down?

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Registration Down?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PolterGhost on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:14 pm

So, I joined about 4 days ago, I believe on Wednesday. I made an RP, tried to get some guys together, all on Friday. Here's my issue: Out of the five people I've told about the RP from off-site, all five of them have reported that they cannot register.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be, and, if this is some important forum thing, why it hasn't been posted up in the news section?
"We are the darkness, we are the light,
We shall never stand down in fright.
We are the evil, we are the saints,
We are your protectors, acting without thanks."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PolterGhost
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Registration Down?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:15 pm

I've noticed the same problem. I have a friend that would like to join the community but has been unable to do so.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PolterGhost on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:12 pm

I was told a few days ago that we'd have forms we could have people fill out to register with, but I don't believe they ever cropped up. Is there any news on that?

PolterGhost
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:43 pm

In the meanwhile, I'm exploring other options for places where I will be able to port my RPs and be able to recruit and draw new members since we don't currently have that option here.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Registration has been temporarily closed while Remaeus works on a few things. I'm really sorry for the inconvience this has caused. ;~;
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PolterGhost on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:16 am

I've been waiting for too many weeks on this, and I think I'm just going to move over to RPG Forums Online if nothing's going on with the registration. I've only been as patient as I am since I can understand shutting down certain features as a forum administrator, as well as the fact that I've been really sick while waiting for a surgical procedure at the end of the month; so, until registration crops up again, I believe I'll take my work elsewhere.

PolterGhost
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm

Concerning the registration being off for the moment; what if we use referal links to o ur profiles for new users ? People we recommend into this diverse place already can join in with other Rpers here in other games. I've reffered two people here already {one however lost net connection, the other moved and yet to return to internet himself} I propose that we add a referal link to each user profile, like say som ethiung like

"We have a way for you to join this site, this is the link to follow" and the link would be something like "http;//www.roleplaygateway.com/referal={username}=useridnumber" each user would have a limit of ten referals for a given day, {unless you want to limit it ot 120 to a week}

This is all just a thought. I've several people myself I'd like ot have join up, but they are unable to do so with registration being down.
"What happens in Hyperspace stays in Hyperspace" ~ Cynthiana of House Kuat concerning her and her husband Radimus' 'training sessions'

Awinita
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 pm

It seems to me that would defeat the purpose. If things are so bad that we need to make massive changes and can't allow new people to join until the problems are fixed, it would just take more time and resources away from the Staff to comb through referrals.

What I would really like to see is a list of the changes that are being made, the progress on them, and a timeline for registration to re-open.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby parallelzero on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:10 am

Is there anymore news on this? My friends and I have been waiting a few weeks to start an RP, but I have to wait for them to join the community first. I really like the system here, and I'd like for us to use it. Even if there was an estimated time for when it might be back?

parallelzero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissNeonNightmares on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Oh, thank you for bringing this up. I have friends who all want to join, but, unfortunately, they cannot due to the same problem. I logged out and clicked register and saw what they meant. Does anyone know when this will be fixed?

MissNeonNightmares
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxicjinx on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:40 am

I just want to say thank you to the makers of this forum. It made the two months of waiting a little bit more bearable 8'DDD
The Brinking Point is looking for Players, right now! c:

Toxicjinx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!