Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Response to the Azerian Empire

a topic in The Multiverse (Persistent World), a part of the RPG forum.

Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

Re: Response to the Azerian Empire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Trantor fired their weapons at the nanite swarm, burning the weapons down into ash, before they could start to replicate again. "Damnit!" the AI commander said, as the smaller ships prepared to warp back to their border outpost. "Fuel Status is ok, weapons are low... Prepare to burn down the entire planet..." The massive 10 mile long battleship aimed its engines at the world below, using the powerful thrusters to cook the planet's surface, killing the self replicating material before it could grow into an Inhibitor Swarm.. With that, Trantor left, leaving a cruiser, its complement of mechs and other units, as well as a Gate point.

"And so, we declare this world, a Hel planet" the AI remarked, as his ship went into Fold. "We shall eventually colonize it, but for now, this system is dead, serving as a dump for trash and other matter which does not belong.." His words were plain, as the new guardian forces started to update Hyperdrive maps, showing this territory as an offical Galactic Trash Dump. A fitting end to a bad matter.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:53 am

((Perhaps Zavoir, instead of ignoring the one people who are seeking to understand your missives you should try and establish a dialogue with the Xindhi. You might have retained your three worlds had you done so.))
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zavior on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:39 am

OOC: I haven't been online that much, so I've only been responding to certain RP's.
I'll respond later today.
"We live in a sad age. Imperialism, totalitarianism, perestroika... 20th century Russia had its share of problems, but at least they had an ideology. Russia today has nothing."
-Adamska Shalashaska

".... It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."
-John Doe

Zavior
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:52 am

Skume waited patiently, perhaps these people, these Azerian will come to honor their meeting, perhaps not. Peering around ruined and blasted landscape Skume allowed the prana to wash over the area around him seeking any life any indication that the Azerian had survived.

The great skeletal beast shifted its weight slightly as it responded to it's riders nudges, turning slowly in a circle. The silvery-blue ball that surrounded the Cughtagh crackled and hummed eerily, occasionally erupting in an arch of electrical discharge. Running back through the holon memory if what these Azerians had come to speak of, they had issues an oddly worded phrase, Unity.

With a flare of energies the area illuminated with the dazzling white of Skume as he extended his perceptive reach, searching for any possible place that the Azerians may have survived the intense pounding of the Trantor's weapons. Hissing softly, Skume tapped the ax handle that rested on his thigh, why would these people, unknown to the other great empires come forth and issues such a challenge, their weapons seemed inferior, even pathetic in scope against the Technocracy. Their defenses feeble against the onslaught of the Trantor. Perhaps in their home galaxy they had been a power, yet here, here they fell quickly in the opening salvos of a war that could have consumed the multiverse.

What had the Azerians meant by Unity, why had they issued such a dire threat of war to the young empires? Why had they claimed to be a primordial race? Looking towards the stars, Skume continued to wait, surely the entire race could not be vanquished in one fell blow.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zavior on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:16 pm

A small team of around six Azerian troopers rushed through the ruined landscape of Giana. Among them was Imperial Officer Hahunahakunu.
"Move forward, secure any survivors!"
He yelled in an eager and persistent voice.
The troopers moved forward, taking tactical positions around the rubble and debris. Their gray, iron-clad armor gleamed in the sun as they drew their weapons.
"My-superior!"
"What is it!? Have you found survivors!?"
Hahunahakunu paced towards the yelling trooper.
"Negative."
He rose his weapon at what appears to be some kind of alien life.
"Hostiles perhaps. Should I fire?"
"No, surround them. Presume tactical positions."
"Yes, my-superior!"
Just then the team encircled the mysterious lifeforms, weapons raised, and prepared to fire.
"Identify yourself!"
Hissed Hahunahakunu.
"Identify yourself or be shot!"

Zavior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:34 pm

The Azerians coming forward were clumsy and loud, they disturbed the resonance with their moves, they actions. Stopping the mount, Skume faced the direction they came from, even as they spread out in some sort of position to flank and surround, Skume watched. The white energies flared brightly as he rasped in an ancient and hoary voice, “Perhaps Azerian, you have not learned that threats are met with swift and sure destruction. You issued a threat against the younger races and they came among your worlds and laid waste to them. You ask that emissaries come to this locale and I have arrived, and you again revert to your nature and threaten.”

Looking at the small group of troopers, Skume framed each of them and their location in the holon, their movements, they appearance their weaponry. “I am Skume the Cughtagh, the dreaming queen has responded to your offer to meet. If you wish to wage war against the Xindhi...” Skume let his voice trail off as he manipulated the darshan shield that surrounded him, the scalar potential already present was enough to deal with these few men and their weaponry. However he was not here to bury them, he was here to talk to them and find out what they feared, and why they spoke thus of unity.

If there were any of the younger races left in the solar system or within several hundred kilometers they would have registered the slow build up of gamma energy as it revolved around the Cughtagh the silvery-blue shield shimmered and shifted rising and lowering in subtle radiation intensity.

“Azerian, summon your diplomat that I may hear and register the nature of your Unity.” Skume rasped as he continued to tap the ax handle nonchalantly, the energy flowing and swirling around the skeletal visage that seemed to grin at the being.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zavior on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Hahunahakunu signaled the rest of the troopers to lower their weapons and ease off. He then approached the strange aliens, speaking in a soft, but intimidating voice.
"The members of the High Truancy have been evacuated, along with our emperor. Our capitol city has been abolished, and half of our population is dead."
Hahunahakunu paused, his voice was now thick and wicked and he spoke louder.
"And you come here, threatening our mighty empire!?"
The Azerian troopers started getting eager, slowly raising their.
"We might not be a driving force in this galaxy, but in ours we are the one and only superpower!"
He paused, his voice was now soft again as he backed up away from the alien.
"We came to warn you, trying to protect you from Oblivion. Perhaps you wouldn't meet the same fate as we did."
The soldiers drew closer, weapons raised and fully charged. They seemed as they were planning to 'arrest' the aliens.
"But no! We come in peace, and these barbaric empires seek to destroy us!?"
The Azerian were very close to the aliens now, preparing to shoot out of any sudden moves.
"Now, I have to ask you! Are you enemy... or friend?"

Zavior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:38 pm

"Now, I have to ask you! Are you enemy... or friend?"

Skume peered at the being, the energy in his eye sockets swirled and illuminated slightly as he sat straight in the saddle. “Interesting question...friend or foe? That would be presumptive of me to respond without knowing the nature of this threat you fear. This oblivion. As for the nature of your power, where you come from is a mute matter for you are here.”

Turning to look at the others, Skume rasped, “I would be very careful of your estimation of your power. I have not come in a ship, nor with a fleet, I come alone. Before you get too eager with your weapons you might think about that fact.” Facing the one whom had spoken, Skume allowed the white energies to coalesce into pinpoints surrounded by the black void of the eye sockets, “Before you try your meager threats again, tell me where I must go to meet this High Truancy.”

The silver-blue energy field still thrummed around Skume, the scalar potential was enough now having built up over the last few moments that should these beings, new to this multiverse make the horrific mistake of attacking a Xindhi, they would never make that mistake again, neither would any of their kind that managed to survive the onslaught of the Trantor. With a subtle shift the energy began to vibrate along a different frequency.

“Come let the dreamers understand the nature of your fear, the source of your anxiety. Only then can we deem whether to aide you or ignore you.”
Skume rasped as he peered at the being backing away from him.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:24 pm

In orbit, the small task force scanned the world, suprised to find Xihindi energy on the surface. "Seems that the ihindi are here," the captain of the small cruiser remarked, "No one fire on the planet, watch from long range, send a drone down to get recon footage, till the garbage ships get here, we won't do anything, deal?"

"Sir Yes Sir!" the various officers said, as a small craft headed to the surface, scanning the world for signs of life as well as places where garbage would be dumped most efficiently, before it dropped off a smaller piece of cargo, a robotic female humanoid, who would fly across the devastated landcape, noting damage as her sensors searched for the Xindhi.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zavior on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:31 pm

"Commander! We caught something on our sensors, it's artificial!"

"Dammit!" Hahunahakunu burst out. "What is it a droid!?"
"Looks like it!"
"Attack or scout model!?"
"Hard to tell."
"Fuck!"
He paused to think, if the Trantor found out there were any survivors the planet would be barraged with artillery again, and his squad will surely meet their doom. Never had Hahunahakunu actually been scared of the enemy before, his mighty empire had met defeat once by Oblivion, no chance he will lose to these mongols.
"Get into cover!"
"Sir?"
"I said get!"
He hissed one more time.
The Azerian team scattered, finding safety anywhere they could; behind a ruined wall, under well-placed rubble, or even below dead bodies where radiation scanners couldn't pick up their signals.
"Stay down."
Hahunahakunu said via nano-communication.
"Stay."

Zavior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Skume watched with mild disdain at the frantic scattering of the Azerian. These beings of supposed superiority ran from the drone of the Trantorians but failed to see the power that flowed freely from the Xindhi. Clearly they had not the power nor the wisdom to be one of the primordial races as the Xindhi are.

Nudging his mount forward, the great dazzling white light that flickered and flared with each step, approaching the leader Skume bent low and peered down at the being. “You fear the Trantorians firing again on your world? Interesting.” Backing the great skeletal mount, Skume thrummed the radiation that surrounded him and broadcast a frequency wide message hopeful that the Trantorians had equipment as the Red Technocracy had to pick up the message.

“Trantor, this is Skume the Cughatgh. I am here at behest of the dreaming queen to observe and establish communications with these Azerians. Please hold fire upon this world, I would welcome a response along this frequency, I shall broadcast so that they may hear.”

Even as he finished the message Skume was well aware, via the holon memory that Lord Counsel was meeting mages of the Trantor people on another world at Castle Cadremus. Flushing the message with another boost of radiation Skume broadcast the message on a slew of frequencies that he was aware that both the Red Technocracy and Trantor military fleets used from previous encounters at the Hub meetings.

The energies flared around Skume as he peered down again at the Azerian, “I have asked they hold fire, come and speak to me of this fear you have...allow me and the eternal dreamer to understand it.”

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zavior on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:10 pm

"Emperor."
"What is it, my son?"
"Our planet, our last stronghold from Oblivion has been..."
"Has been what?"
"We lost my-superior... there is no hope for this galaxy."
"Then it shall fall... like the many before it."

Giana - The Imperial Fortress (Post Destruction)
Lakulaha coughed violently as dust filled the destroyed hall. The great banners that once stood as a symbol for the Azerian burned in the flame of ruin.
Under them were engraved writing in Azerian tongue, chronicles of the Azerian's dark history.
'We are united.'
'We are one.'
We shall not fall before Oblivion.'
'But protect the civilizations of the universe from a similar fate than ours.'
'As long as we protect them, we shall not fall.'

These words were meaningless now, lies.
"Lies."
Lakulaha repeated to himself.
"All lies."
The sun over Giana was now sinking below the horizon, the orange glow seeped through the rubble of the fortress. Bodies scattered the path, bodies of some of the most significant figures in Azerian politics, military, and economics. All dead. The Azerian have fallen once more, and because of it, so will this galaxy.
"The end is coming." he whispered to himself. "The dawn of Oblivion is coming."

'The dawn of Oblivion is here!'

Zavior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterpicker on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:30 am

The dupilcator fleet that was forming from the debris and was spreading. ((Jared unleashed a force that's converting all matter that is not being used into ships and other stuff))

Waterpicker
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:05 am

OOC: I kinda fired more weapons at the nanomachines anyway though!

In orbit, the small fleet scanned for any signs of nanomachine activity, as the AI drone navigated around, firing a small distrupter to prevent nano contamination from spreading. The earlier bombardment should have killed the micromachines, but to be safe, the disruptor was needed.
“Trantor, this is Skume the Cughatgh. I am here at behest of the dreaming queen to observe and establish communications with these Azerians. Please hold fire upon this world, I would welcome a response along this frequency, I shall broadcast so that they may hear.”

Now in space, it was odd as the small fleet got the message, but the flying android was the one to respond. "I am Motoko type K," she started to say, "I understand your message and will be watching for more information." She hovered, pulling out a large box like item from her own portable space generator, while scanning the area for more data to be transmitted.
Last edited by Ryand-Smith on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zavior on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:37 pm

OOC: How do you fire weapons at nanomachines?

Zavior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:31 pm

OOC: AOE burst weapons. Nanomachines, like spores, are paper tigers.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:09 pm

Realizing that the Azerians didn't seem interested in talking to the Xindhi, Skume spoke again on the radio frequencies, "This is Skume the Cughtagh, the Azerians seem not interested in talking with the dreaming race, as such I shall return to the dark queen and allow this world to be handled as you see fit Trantor..."

Looking again at the cowering Azerian troops, Skume shook his head and began walking the skeletal mount slowly away, the prana flowing from him as he sought the thrum that would lead him home again.

It was a shame as these people, these Azerians, held hope of new experiences and new dreams to be explored, but they were an confusing people, barely able to keep their attention focused on more than one thing at a time. Skume pondered their fear of this Oblivion, perhaps it was nothing more than their own frailty that they feared.

For a race that claimed to be a superior force they were crude and young in their behavior. Regardless the Dreamer would watch them, if this Oblivion is more than an irritational fear, the Xindhi would ride out against it if the younger races failed to stop it. But only if they failed, after all a war with the Shu'fasa loomed ever closer as the two primordial races girded themselves for the onslaught.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zavior on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:58 pm

The IA Halakulakuli, the last safe haven for the Azerian Empire.
Since the attack on Giana, all major political and military powers were evacuated via this massive star-ship.
Along with the counselors and generals was Emperor Kapahamatu himself, and a security force big enough to invade a planet.
"My sons..." he spoke over the intercom with a calm, peaceful voice.
"My daughters..."
He continued as the masses lined up at holo-decks, audio-emulators, and digital screens.
"We have been pushed back, thrown away by the people of this galaxy. We looked for pace, we looked for a haven from Oblivion. Now the only haven we have is this ship. Our species has been hunted to the verge if extinction, this galaxy was our last hope. No... we have no more hope. The only thing we can do now, is go down with honor."
His voice started to pick up, but still had that depressing lust as before.
"Arm yourselves, it's time to fight back. It's time to bring the war upon the enemy. It's time to take this galaxy... or die trying."

As the Emperor spoke these words every navigational and communications officer prepared to send out a galaxy-wide message.
A warning to the empires of the stars, to avoid the Azerian.
"Our goal is the Trantor."
Kapahamatu continued to speak.
"Stay out of are way, and you shall be spared."

Zavior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:24 pm

((I am not sure why you refuse to interact with the Xindhi, Zavoir, I have joined this RP and the Dreamers are an established race in the multiverse, yet at every turn you have avoided interacting with my character. Halting any attempt to propel the back story of Oblivion further.))

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zavior on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:37 pm

OOC: I'm trying to get some stuff out of the way that I meant to establish earlier. As you might of noticed, I was gone for awhile and I have some stuff to fill out first. If your empire responses to my warning, I will be happy to make contact. Oh, and Oblivion has also entered our galaxy, if look at An Azerian Crusade - The Dawn of Oblivion.

Zavior
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!