Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Return to Eternity

Return to Eternity

a part of “Return to Eternity”, a fictional universe by StandardFiend.

Set on the continent of Terisill, a world broken into four very different states with very different ideals. On top of the chaos, there have been whispers of a darker power on the rise. What role will you play?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Return to Eternity”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Return to Eternity

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skawaffle on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Thats pretty cool. I plan on doing something with my programming experience. I'm aiming for computer engineering, or computer sciences. My passion is technology... You'd be hard pressed to find something for me to look at that I can't appreciate structurally or efficiency wise. As for your aspirations, I send much luck to you. Psych is quite a difficult field to go into, and the FBI is even more so. Best of luck, teach.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skawaffle
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:48 am

Good luck to you, too. Especially in your competition this week.

Well, folks, I'm excited to say that I have received and approved PawsyX's character, which makes the fifth and final one, not including my own which will be available shortly. We can begin the role play any time; Skawaffle, you can jump in when you get back on Saturday. Because we'll be going one round at a time, you won't fall behind.

So, a couple of you mentioned when you signed up in the Academy thread a little bit about what you hoped to gain from this RP.

blackwolt, for you it was in-character combat.
Lilaiy, you said that you lacked confidence in moving plots along.
PawsyX, you wanted to work on character background.

Skawaffle and dealing with it, is there anything you can tell me about what specifically you're looking to learn? I want to keep these things in mind as we go along so I can track your progress and help each of you on a more individual level.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolt on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:33 am

Yeah mainly combat, but I would like your opinion on everything I write (everyone). Even spelling mistakes, since I ain't from an English speaking country I will surely make more mistakes than others.

Anyway I won't make the first post in this RP, since I haven't had any problems ever making the first post, so if there is someone that wanna try it I would say go for it, though it depends on StandardFiend's decision.

blackwolt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:02 am

Absolutely; if anyone else would like to make the first post, please feel free. It's not like I have some grand plan or anything.

Does anyone else not speak English as a first language?

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:46 am

StandardFiend wrote:Skawaffle and dealing with it, is there anything you can tell me about what specifically you're looking to learn?

I stopped roleplaying 13 years ago, and spent all my time on philosophy forums. I'm generally no longer comfortable writing fiction, and I worry that my philosophy background makes what I do write tedious. So I'd like to work on making my writing engaging.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 am

And I so happen to be someone that appears to all around stink at roleplaying in general. I have serious issues moving plots along at all, and I have been stuck in one on ones that never last more than a week for the past year or so.

I wish to learn to improve my writing as it pertains to the story, and I would like to learn to have my character be well developed, rather than more like an add-on, as I tend to do (lack of depth really). It's really a confidence thing I think, I simply don't know what to do when roleplaying, how to move forward, rather than just respond to what people are saying and going with the flow.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Well, this is kind of awkward... I hate to break it to you, Marionette, but the RP is currently full.

However, that doesn't mean I don't want you in it. Because this is a seminar and all members need an equal say in the goings-on, I'm going to leave it up to a group vote.

So, folks, are you okay with another member? Or is that going to be too much? PM me with your reply, rather than posting it here.

I'm not sure if you've read the rules, Marionette, but the nature of this RP is going to devote a lot of time and effort from each person to each other person, which is why I needed to keep the roster very small. Basically, each new member adds an exponential amount of effort to the whole. I would very much like to have you as a part of the group, but I hope you can understand that I need an okay from the others, because it affects them equally.

If it so happens that we can't find a place for you in here, you and I can work something out. I promise.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Oh my that is embarassing! I did read the rules but failed to take the hint ^-^; heh.

I can certainly back out if that is what is needed, I'd probably mess the ratio up, and I tend to be bad luck for rps, they always die whenever I join >.< even though I am very active.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 pm

You're not bad luck, Marionette! And don't be embarrassed, it's actually my fault for not updating the RP itself with the full roster. There's an RP Academy thread associated with this, which is the only one I've been updating.

Don't back out just yet. Let's wait to here back from the other members, kay? You're more than welcome to hang out here in the OOC in the mean time.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skawaffle on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Hello everyone, I've returned. And I should think I'll have lots of time to role play for a bit, because I quite possibly sprained, or fractured my ankle in Baltimore while practicing a bit of parkour on inner harbors skyway. xD

But I'm back, and ready to play.

StandardFiend wrote:Skawaffle and dealing with it, is there anything you can tell me about what specifically you're looking to learn? I want to keep these things in mind as we go along so I can track your progress and help each of you on a more individual level.

For me, I need to work on my character's progression, and personality continuity. My characters tend to come off a bit skitso, or bipolar. Otherwise my roleplaying skills are relatively strong, so I could help Fiend in the mentoring aspect of this thread. Also, I've been out of the role-playing loop for a while, and my posts are more like short stories, more than open ended responses and prompts. I need to get back into that groove.

Skawaffle
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:57 am

Hi everyone. Sorry for being absent recently; I had kind of a busy weekend... which pretty much started Thursday night. St. Patrick's day and all.

Anyway, I'm going to kick off the first round of posting in a minute here. Remember, there's no posting order, as long as you only make one post per round. This is a new experience for me as well, so our first stages are going to be rather experimental, so we'll see how it goes. Perhaps we'll need to modify the way we run things.

Come join me in the IC whenever you're ready!

Also, there is not enough camaraderie going on in this room. We need more camaraderie!

How'd the convention go, Skawaffle? Aside from seriously injuring yourself, that is.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Oh, also, I created all the important locations for the world. If you don't know, to post in one of them you click the Places tab, then the name of the place you want to post in, then click Reply To This Roleplay on the page it takes you to.

Only the bare necessities of places are available right now. If there is a place you would like to post in that isn't there (and yes, you can make places up wherever you want) let me know and I'll promptly create it for you. Just give me a brief description that I can add to it, and it'll be there for you shortly.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skawaffle on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:29 pm

The competition went extremely well. We came in 3rd or 4th, out of 60 teams there. This is the second year, and third competition in a row where we've placed in the finals.

Skawaffle
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Congrats on the competition Skawaffle! Does your background in science translate into your parkour adventures? Or were those more out of silly fun?

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Yeah, well done!

Speaking of congrats, welcome to the staff, Lilaiy. Definitely not the position I expected you to have when you finally joined us, though!

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PawsyX on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:45 pm

I also send my congrats to you, Skawaffle, for your rankings in the competition! Were there any prizes that your team won from it?
"And now for something...

completely different."

PawsyX
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks StandardFiend ^.^ I wanted to be able to give something back to RPG in anyway I could :P

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolt on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:01 am

StandardFiend wrote:Does anyone else not speak English as a first language?

Others wrote:...

Somehow I feel a bit lonely now...

blackwolt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Heh. Don't worry about it. You're a far cry from inadequate at the language. To write English as well as you do is impressive, you know.

That said, if you like, I can scrutinize your posts and tell you how to perfect them for spelling and grammar. I'm not going to be critical or anything, but I can look as hard or as lightly as you want.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skawaffle on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Lilaiy wrote:Congrats on the competition Skawaffle! Does your background in science translate into your parkour adventures? Or were those more out of silly fun?

Well, it was more just silly fun. But I did get involved in parkour because of robotics... A couple years ago, a couple runners turned me on to it, and I've been slowly partaking ever since.

PawsyX wrote:I also send my congrats to you, Skawaffle, for your rankings in the competition! Were there any prizes that your team won from it?

Well, not really any prizes, no. Just the satisfaction of being totally awesome. :D
But we do get some swanky medals and a trophy. :P

Skawaffle
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!