Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RoleplayGateway Biographies: Tell us about yourself.

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: RoleplayGateway Biographies: Tell us about yourself.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -Camper- on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Name: Chris
Sex: Male
Race: White
Religion: Born a Jew, but I don't really care about religion
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 140 lbs
Appearance: My mom has several photos of me on her laptop, but I have been too lazy to transfer them over to my computer. Therefore, as of now, I have nothing
Likes: Ice hockey, genuinely good people, loyalty, people I love/trust
Dislikes: My Chemical Romance/Gerard Way, Fall Out Boy, people who pick the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms
Occupation: I'm the Starbucks guy (for about 2 more weeks before school re-starts)
Favourite Moderator(s): Don't know any of them, but I assume they're all good people
About yourself: Hmm, I can't think of anything

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

-Camper-
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:02 am

Name: Jamie Alexander Sykes
Sex: Male
Race: Human?
Religion: None
Height: 5'7
Weight: 125 about
Appearance: These are my most recent pictures, and yes one is my avatar, I actually took that picture today o.o ...... woooooo.

Likes: Oh wow, where to start, I love movies, and reading. Cartoons and drawing is a past time. Obviously writing and rping since I'm on here. So much more. The color purple as well.
Dislikes: Rude people.
Favourite Moderator(s): All of you, now give me free stuffs!
About yourself: Well I'm in college for media productions. I just got a ps3 and I love it. Can't wait for LittleBigPlanet. I eat fast food all too much.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Lance Clayton

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

papolatte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:24 pm

MWAHAHAHAHA. Now you shall never know!!!!

Yours Truly,

P.S. Yes, my internet paranoia caught up to me.
Last edited by Alacer Phasmatis on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:48 am

Wow, Alacer, you're exactly as I imagined you to be... that's a bit weird actually... :D Homeopathy's great! Maybe I should add that to my list of likes...?

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:10 am

XD Wow. And yay for finding a fellow homeopath hobbyist! ;)

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Your life story: In two hundred words or less!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Rogue Doll on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:16 am

It's sort of a bit of a challenge meets curiosity. I know for some people summing up their lives in the allotted amount of words will be easy, but for others it wont. It will also give some information on the people who play here.

So, ready go?

Edit: Also, if you don't want to do that, you can take a little quiz.
The apple falls far from the tree
she's rotten and so beautiful
I'd like to keep her here with me
and tell her that she's beautiful
She takes the pills to fall asleep
and dreams that she's invisible
Too many dreams she stays awake
recalls when she was capable...

<KyojoKen>: What does riding a bicycle have to do with making love on a couch?
<Vlad>: NOBODY

The Rogue Doll
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Your life story: In two hundred words or less!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:06 pm

Hmm, I'll be the brave one and try this first...

Well, first of all, my name is Phil House, Philip House, either way is fine with me. I was born on May 12, 1993, in the small town of Ft. Worth Texas. My dad is Caucasian, and my mother is Taiwanese, although I look sort of...mixed, my friends say. When I was about seven years old, I moved to Cleveland, Ohio for my dad's job, and I've been living here for eight years now. When I was ten, I discovered the sport of baseball, and I haven't stopped playing since, and I'm a little over fifteen years old now. I'm a huge Cleveland Indians fan, and also am a Houston Astros fan, and also a Tampa Bay Rays fan. Right now, my sophomore year is normal as it could be, and just this past year, since I got into paintball, I go paintballing on the weekends with my friends.

Pretty sure that this is under 200 words...I think.

(19:04:57) Surreal: I'm not STOOOOPIT!
(19:05:03) Surreal: >>
(19:05:09) Surreal: I'm just not very smart

Image <-Click it

phouse512
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:57 am

Wow, the word count is actually usefull for something for once. I was born in Birmingham, Alabama, and, upon realizing that it was A CITY (ewww.......) I got out of there as soon as I could. I caused lots of trouble in Middle and High School, and eventually had to leave because I was too cool for them. Or something. That's what I tell myself, anyway. So I finished up my courses online and became apprenticed to my father, a piano tuner. Later on, I was dating a hot red-head out of nowhere. Then I became a regular piano tuner instead of an apprentice one, which needless to say was much cooler. I live in a rented house, noticeably cloe in proximity to my parents' house. Throughout all this, I was playing lots of video games. Also, I went to Europe once. It's cold over there.

There, 153 words. Do I get a prize?

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:15 am

I was born September 27, 1991. I was 2' 2", premature. Spent the first year or so of my life in the hospital. Dad was in the military so we moved alot, Indiana, Ohio, Montana, Virginia, Alabama, and finally Tennessee where I live now. Went to private schools almost all through middle school except 6-8th grade when I went to a public school. Public school opened me up to some of the darker sides of life not that I followed any of the influences I just became aware of them being there. At the age of thirteen I discovered acting and that has been my driving force in life ever since as well as writing which I did since first grade. I am now finishing Highschool online as well as dual enrolling at a college. I plan to graduate college and go out to LA and try to get into TV or movies. If that doesn't work out I am most likely joining the Coast Guard or Marines.
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:21 pm

Well this exciting ... sorry to rain on that parade all. =P

I was born as Sheena on August. 30, 1991 in Manitoba, Canada and have remained here ever since, only going as far as Ontario out of the province. I've lived in four homes: with my mom, dad, and older sister in two houses (one which soon turned to my dad, me, and maybe my sister...); my mom, her boyfriend, me, and my sister; my mom, boyfriend, older sister, younger sister, and myself, which soon turned to my mom, me and my two sisters and further changing to my mom, me, and my younger sister. I've been living in the same house for 10/11 years and am now in grade 12, working in a deli with two of my friends (one who I've know from before grade 1 and the other since grade 3). I might go to Chicago, or Ban- ..um .. Bam- ... Alberta this year with my school band (in which I play the Clarinet). I also have auditioned for every play that has been available in my school for the last year, continuing into this one ... and have failed miserably. Woot. Go me! -__-

198!

iamsheena
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DavidiousBurgeresta on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:40 pm

I was born in Rome, I have a total of 72 names. I currently use this one because it fits my current lifestyle. I have sort of blind. I am an introvert and an orphan. I've been in the USA since since childhood. I currently live in Port Charlotte Florida. Only child. Try to live in silence. Am a Philosopher, Martial Artist, Military Dog, Writer, War Buff, among other things. I only have a cat, he is dumb. Me and him joke a lot, he's the closest thing to a friend I've got in this house. And am going back to Rome before 2010...

DavidiousBurgeresta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Rogue Doll on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:37 am

I guess I could do it too...

I was born in 1987 in a big town that wants to be a small city in Washington state in the US. I began working right off the press and I could sell a snake it's skin before I had a full grasp on the English language (in all fairness, salesmanship is pretty easy for little girls). My family is very large and close nit and we grew up having loving, screaming, angry, happy, violent fights every day all day when we weren't working (so we hardly ever fought).

I moved out cause I was sick of where I was, then I got sick of there so I relocated and am already sick of here. Avid learner and educator and communication and psychology enthusiast. I like to communicate in ways people don't usually think of as communication, such as music (competitive vocalist) and art (suck artist) and the study of perspective and body posture.

I completely missed the part of my childhood not devoted to work and argument on account of my nose being glued to the binding of a book.

The Rogue Doll
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Well, there's not a lot to tell. But this is a story about my life being flipped, turned upside down.

I was born and raised in West Philadelphia, I spent most of my days on the playground. Chillin' and playin' basketball outside a school. But a couple of guys started making trouble in my neighbourhood, I got in a fight with them and my mum got scared and sent me to live in Bel Air with my aunt and uncle. I took a taxi and pulled up around seven (or maybe eight) and looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

Then I attended comuplsive lying rehab and kicked the habit.
I was born in Cardiff, the capital city of Wales. I'm fairly close with my dad, mum and sister, but outside that family tends to spread a lot across the country and get less in contact the further you go :P I attend a Catholic college, and atended both a Catholic primary and secondary school but haven't had Catholic, or any religious views, for some years now. I don't have a job but my commitments tend to lie in youth centre work and roleplaying, which I grew up with extensively, it was in my home once every week and when I was about ten I started joining in and gradually my obsession grew :P I've always loved books and computers. Though on the alternate I love nature and sometimes despair at humanity, though it can be beautiful sometimes too. I'm a philosopher by nature (or a lazy bum if you prefer, my personal favourite 'insult' was wastrel complainer) Politically I am Communist (please look this up as a definition before assuming things like Russian 'Communism' or Maoism, Communism is a good thing despite the hype :D The clue is in Commun-ism, stemming from the word community.)

My basic beliefs are that there is no particular reason we're here, other than the reasons we define for ourselves. Life is basically good and we complain too much. We should love each other a lot more than people tend to and be glad with what we have a hell of a lot more often. But anyway, this is my life story not a preach and I've already gone WAY over bored (I do that a lot) Back to roleplaying: my interests are far and varied, I like almost any kind of roleplay except exclusively romance based ones. In my experience roleplays based on other games, films, books or TV series don't tend to work, especially if you play already made characters from those programmes/stories. Other than that I'll, play fantasy, sci-fi, apocalypse, post-apocalypse, pulp, weird fringe ideas, subversions on normal genres, and well you get the idea, my favourite kind of games tend to involve a subversion of normal cliches and a heavy dose of good ol' rolepalying. I like a certain element of investigation and criminal orientated games like Shadowrun never go amiss. Now I will shut up, no one will ever read all of this :D
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FranticAntix on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Name: Christine
Sex:Female
Race: I'm a heinz really.....mostly German and Filipino
Religion: Baptized Catholic but I practice Methodist
Height: Really short.....5'3"
Weight: 115-120lbs

Appearance: Image
The lighting is awful :/.

Likes: Singing, Reading, Playing RPG's, PLAYING POOL (my favorite), RPing (obviously), GFXing, lounging, racing, and I can't really think of much else right now. I play pool an extensive amount of time :D. Oh, I like smileys too ^.^ :lol:

Dislikes: *Damsel in distress* scenarios (in most cases I find them to be predictable and over played), people who chew loudly with their mouths open, onions, insects, pompous attitudes.

Occupation: Accounts Receivable/Payable employed by a Anderson BMW (check out our website!!!! /spam)
Favorite Moderator(s): Too new to decide

About yourself: I'm new here!Other than that....Hmmm....I'm pretty much just living up my 20's.I play pool all the time. I play on an APA league with some friends. We drink, hang out, hit a few balls, and sometimes we win :p. I'm working full time at an awesome car dealer. I've been in a long term relationship for about 4 and a half years with someone almost as eccentric as I :o .

FranticAntix
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!