Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seasons of the Lich

╠Seasons of the Lich╣

a part of “Seasons of the Lich”, a fictional universe by The Cynic.

After the destruction of the Flaming Fist, the twelve mercenaries of the Bloodsails are faced with a perilous quest to rid the Sword Coast of vile forces plaguing the Coast Way. RECRUITING: Monk.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Seasons of the Lich”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: ╠Seasons of the Lich╣

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:02 pm

I do desperately need a bard. However, AlienKhan has JUST reserved the sorcerer, therefore I hadn't
the chance to change the status until now - I am a busy busy woman, Shaodow, I haven't the time to
sit here day in and day night and just wait for something to happen. I posted my need for
characters last week and haven't until now received interest for the positions, all at the same time
apparently, which complicates things for myself, much more so than you seeing the advertisement,
seeing that someone has just reserved it, and go out of your way to complain to me about it like I
give a damn.

Now that is what you call annoying. Gtfo hopscotch, I am done with you.

EDIT: FinalOne, I believe we will be setting out on the next round of posts and meeting up with the
Caravan. I am waiting because some people still haven't posted in awhile, and I am about to kick
them off their spots if they continue to be inactive. Talisman, Solo - I am looking at you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:38 pm

I've been busy with work but I will be arranging the letters to make my post by the end of the night.
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Amen! Clearly the spot was temporarily reserved under a day ago.

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:02 pm

I can do the bard. But, I suggest before anything big happens, you guys should definitely scrutinize my character and first post. I am VERY rusty. So I need honest opinions if my writing is suitable enough for you guys.

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:20 am

I think you undersell yourself, Baby. Or maybe you are overselling us. We're all just using recycled words anyway. : )

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:43 am

An undersell indeed, Baby. If you do so desire to play the bard, I will reserve the spot for you.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Well, I submitted my character. The sheet isn't what I'm used to making on this site, being more reminiscent of a char sheet for DnD, though not quite that either. I dont' know, I feel like I did something wrong, so feel free to do whatever.

Also, I took the liberty of adding items besides my staff that had enchantments, just looking at the other sheets, I gave myself an estimation of what I could have. Feel free to scrutinize. Lastly, I added three rings which looked magical, but I wasn't sure what they did. Please use that in the plot.
"The GM of this roleplay hasn't created any rules! You can do whatever you like!"
-the most misleading piece of text known to RolePlayGateway

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Things to know about Baby:

-Very picky.
-Knows little about DnD, but is doing research.
-Cannot fix Johnathans picture due to technology impairment.

Things to know about Johnathan
-Is up, but is probably filled with mistakes
-The name took 30 minutes. No bs, Johnathan took 30 minutes to come up with.
-Everything else took an hour and a half, due to distractions and a very picky nature by creator.

Things Baby does not know
- What basics to know before posting
-How to go around with the posting (any summaries of what is happening?)

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 pm

You left 'speaks in third person when referencing self' off your list.

The posts are quite enjoyable to read. If you have the time I would suggest you read them as there aren't that many and then you'll be able to get a feel for the characters. If you don't plan on it, the brief summary is:

They woke up. The Crow Catcher gave them a mission to protect gypsies and get to a location by an allotted time. They're getting ready to go.

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:32 am

I am William, although you may certainly call me Seraph if you don't feel entirely comfortable with being closely associated with someone you hardly know--I understand.

However, that said, I am taking on the role of Barbarian and would like to simply be caught up as that when I post I am not naive. I hope to make a strong first impression.

My half-orc will be quite the handful for anyone though I have set him contrast with the female Paladin "Caleb" and though he is not exactly the antithesis of her alignment or her class--he is Chaotic Neutral which means he is a purely free spirit.

Debauchery, self-indulgence are things he sees as a personal freedom not as a means to seek to hurt or help people.

He is not beholden to the law, but he will help people. To the opposite effect, he can use intimidation as a means of getting what he wants.

As a Barbarian and a Half-Orc he is the strongest of the common races--physically.

All this aside I'd love to have side stories with other members, but also would like to know what has happened so far so I can jump in. :)

Hopefully it will play to his strengths--literally--maybe even to his weakness which is a total disregard for intellectual selling point--hes very blunt, lewd, promiscuous and very proud.

On a side note--Alien Khan, If you're up to it, have the time etc--This old Army vet would love if you could afford to give him a new signature picture. Doing them with one arm and hand is well, very hard. lol

Modesty--if that image IS of you, you are very lovely cherie. :)

"When I see you lately I'm wondering on White roses, caskets Your name on a stone."

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:28 am

Things to know about us:

• Cynic writes like this and that makes her boss as fuck. I read all of her posts in a wizard voice.
  • Modesty is really good at posting links.
  • Talisman might be one of the few people who gets my username without Googling it.
  • I like to make bad puns, especially with my username.
  • This group is composed of some of the best writers I've had the opportunity to write with, so if you're picky you'll fit right in!

From what I've read, your character looks great and I didn't see any mistakes. As for how long you took to make him, don't fret. I spend an hour or two on a character only to completely re-do them. Any writer worth their salt would not be satisfied with half-assed work, regardless of how long it takes.

Modesty's summary pretty much wraps it up as we've only just started. There's not much, but I'd suggest reading over all the posts like Modesty said if you have the time. Also, I'd say take a look at TheFinalOne's character sheet to see how he has color coordinated his posts. I was confused at first and had to consult his guide as a reference.

So...yeah.

Edit:
Oh yeah... HI WILLIAM! I'm Chase. I don't really mind being called by my personal name, since I've clearly displayed it in my profile for everyone to read. It's no big secret. I mean, if I was someone like Katy Perry or Marshawn Lynch, then yeah I'd probably want to hide it but, you know. Not famous yet... : (

Anywhom, I'd be more than happy to whip you up a signature image or banner in photoshop if Alien isn't up to it. Just let me know what you'd like. : )

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:14 am

Hahaha. I am the best at posting links. Just not always the best at actually linking them the first time around.

Hi William! Welcome to Seasons of the Lich. Thank you for the kind words, it is me. I'm always happy for my characters to have dynamic relationships besides the main plot, so if you can think of anything for Nevae just let me know.

Whoo hoo, new character sheets to read and hopefully more activity soon! :)

Edit: Baby, is your character an Illuskan from the Trackless Sea or the Icewind Dale?

Modesty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:42 am

Hello!

I'm final/TFO (Or TheFinalOne if you are a professional/douchebag). Or Doctor Satan, if you like. But that's a name I only use in Counter Strike or on KKK irc (trolling them is fun, okay?).

What else? Hmm, nice to see this roleplay back on track.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:43 am

It is my utmost pleasure to meet you all: Mademoiselle Chase, Mademoiselle Modesty and Monsieur Final.

I hope to encourage a lively and engaging experience--though, my character will be upfront, even dare say obnoxious--But what can one expect from a Half-Orc? Civility? Leave that for the Elves. X3

Miss Chase, I would like something endearing, somber, and something with a a phrase I used in the passing of my daughter and my mother:

"It is no small pardon to bring a life into this world.But it is the labors whose fields we toil that bring a guarantee that forever we are bonded by the unison of the blood that runs in our veins. For the breathe of life we breathe in this world we breathe for them, our children. For our every thirst we quench it with their laughter and their sorrow."

I haven't yet really found a suitable picture that both transcribes my patriotic love of my duty as a soldier, my love of being a former father and my former love of being a son.

* Mademoiselle Modesty, I wasn't sure if by Baby you meant the role role=player "Baby" or if you were just being sincere in your forth coming approach.

Regardless--My character IS from the frozen North, which I believe Cynic described as being Ice Wind. I just didn't want to run the risk of ignoring you. :)

That said--Nevae seems like one cruel mistress to run afoul. lol And she's awfully pretty, so I don't think she'd be interested romantically. Hahaha

I am open suggestions as you are!
Last edited by Seraph on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:52 am

Miss Chase is a very nice person. She is the nicest here. Right, miss Chase?

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:00 am

By the grace of God and a shuffle of Angel's feet, I've managed to post. I think I've managed to work out Caine's personality- I know, it took enough time. Please don't kill me Cynic... You frighten me.

~ Anyway, introductions. I am Tally-meh-banana, or Alex. Whatever floats your boat. It's nice to meet you William.

And Pixy, if I'm not mistaken, Solo Wing Pixy is the name of an Ace Combat character. Can quite pick out which one Ace Combat, though. Funny, as Talisman is also a name of a Ace Combat pilot. Garuda One all up in hurr. Dance with the Angels and such.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:15 am

Haha here we go...

Okay, so, I'm actually a guy. Yeah, I know I play a lot of girl characters and pixy is kindof a girly name and my avatar is a chick, but believe me, I am a guy. You can check the picture thread. Also, I put the beard on to help mitigate confusion. Regardless, it's no big deal, but it's "Mr. Chase". TFO, you shut yo mouth boy. Lol

As for your sig, I sent over a couple of ones I just made.

Talis, Yeah, Larry "Solo Wing Pixy" Foulke is one of the characters in Ace Combat Zero. He's my favorite character in my favorite Ace Combat game, and Ace Combat happens to be one of my favorite series of all time.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:58 am

Hey folks! I am thrilled to see you are all getting to
know eachother and have got this roleplay back on
track! I was worried for a bit. Right now I am on my
way to my boyfriend's family reunion ( ugh) so I will
not be very active till tomorrow. I hate typing on my
phone....

But, I think you all deserve to know a little about
myself. I am a woman, my name is Amber. You all
know I am badly ocd and impatient. :P I have also
been told I speak very sternly through text, but in
reality I am a sweet and shy girl. I have a lady crush
on Modesty, FYI. I think I creep her out.

I am very fortunate to have procured the writers I
did, and I couldn't be happier. I hope that when I open
my large scale roleplay ( Seporah ) you will follow me
again. I promise to not let this one fall on the wayside.

For all my friends here, you are welcome to add me on
Facebook. It is the easiest way to get a hold of me.
http://www.Facebook.com/Hawkshelatou

Edit: Btw Solo, I am greatly flattered you read my posts
in a wizard voice. <3

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:46 am

:< My character cannot be from the Dessarin river valley?

I picked a race that would best suit Johnathan's image, and simply gazed at where they are heavily populated.

Shall I stare at a map to find a better spot for him to originate from?

(I am super new to D&D. As in...this is basically my first real encounter)

1st Edit- Ok I looked at Fae and West Fae, it seems reasonable that my character would be from the Trackless Sea/Icewind Dale. I guess I will read up on the Sea later. For now I will pick Trackless Sea, since the Icewind Dale area doesn't seem too Bardish

2nd Edit- I am enjoying this intro! So far my favorite is Veilyn.This is too good! You have the Monk who definitely has grace and it is oozing out of the character and then Veil cannot properly pronounce her name! This roleplay is so lively! (except for the research. That's not so lively.[Yeah I'm being a baby about it.])

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:19 pm

It's okay Baby, everyone has to have a first time experience for something, right?

You guys are all welcome to add me on Facebook as well. I check it pretty much all throughout the day, even at work, so if you want to get a hold of me, that is the best way.

I did see your interest check for Seporah, but I didn't get around to posting, but I will definitely take part whenever you get started.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!