Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shadows of The Forgotten

Shadows of The Forgotten

a part of “Shadows of The Forgotten”, a fictional universe by Blackbird26.

Things seem to have calmed in the land of Valcrest. The war, the assassins' inner disputes, the peoples' demands for a solution... But is the land actually calm, or is this just a calm moment before a even bigger storm? (FULL)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shadows of The Forgotten”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Shadows of The Forgotten

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:59 am

Sorry for the delay went to feed the beast.
Did I miss anything exciting?
Wait how am i confusing with my general?
Didn't really have a location worked out for him to have been a general at. I don't think.
To every U.S. soldier THANK YOU!

I'll make your headache
I'll make you fall to the floor
Me and the Devil in your mind want to settle score
I'll make your heart break
You know I do what I please
Like a bullet in a gun I just give it a squeeze

And cry sister make it rain.
It makes no difference, you'll never see me again.
Cry Sister, Royal Bliss

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm PMing you. (finally)

Hang on a sec (or a couple of minutes :P)

-edit-

Meh, I just had assumed he had been in Newhaven all his life. There are only two cities you know. >.>

I sent the PM. Don't take the amount of stuff I wrote too harshly... Just wanting to avoid future history mix-ups. :/
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:07 pm

*gets out the whip and chair*

Sheesh! Y'all need a GM tamer.

I'm kidding, bird didn't take....very much skin.

Peanut butter thievery holds a heavy price here.

*mental note "No more sitting for a week" *

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:15 pm

That's right! Hands off the peanut butter! >.<

MY peanut butter!

>.>

<.<

>.>

*hides the peanut butter*

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:22 pm

^ That's what happens when you put a GM in captivity.

*shakes head* Hostility, instead of that once docile, free range GM they once were.

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:28 pm

A crazed GM is just as dangerous as a civilized GM and just as sinister in their plans and plotting. :P

Now go and make 'em edits boy, and don't you dare come back until the porch is clean from any kind of stain. I want to be able to see my own god damn reflexion on the porch.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:28 pm

I was never docile.

Ask anyone. *grin*

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 pm

*starts rumors about bird being docile*

I cleaned it really i did but uhhh... left my own stain. *looks down at his feet and walks off*

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:53 pm

I still have more characters to write up, but don't wait on me. I'm slow at making my characters.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:10 pm

As long as you don't need to have 'em up beforehand, Doomed, I still plan on starting tonight. :)

I'm trusting Sickness and Ureshic to edit as needed without me looking over their shoulders, so... Yeah: Let's get this show on the road! (later :P)

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Alrighty... Sean is submitted, finally.

I didn't have anything on his background so I had to write it all now. =_=

Anyway... Time to grab some food and then start on my post! ^_^

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ureshic on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:14 pm

I sort of just took out anything that had to do with Effort, besides the Lineage. ^_^; Hope that's alright.

Ureshic
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:21 pm

It's perfectly consistent now.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:47 pm

So I've got three characters left to put on. Just going give you a bit of history on the two I know wont be up by the time you start the RP in case I do end up using them for my thing.

First there is Rita. She's a young and strong Commander of the Blackpond army. She's very cynical, but doesn't let it get in the way of her job. She's demands attention and order, yet the new leader of the city doesn't seem to allow her much of anything. She does know how to enjoy herself though. She's still stricken by the death of her friend and former Commander, Hastings.
Her enlightenment allows her to have out of body experiences with the risk of becoming extremely drowsy if she does it for too long. Because of this she only uses it for two minutes at the most so it doesn't take too long to recover.

There is also Rick. He doesn't talk that often and is the King of Blackpond. Because of his lack of communications most of the time, it is hard to gauge his actual personality, but he seems to be lazy because he doesn't do much for the city. When people question him, he makes sure they disappear.
He is able to teleport, but gets really sick if he does it too much.

I'm also putting up a character named Alexander. He'll be up in the next little while so I wont bother introducing him here.

Don't know if I will use them in my first post, but if I do, I'm sorry I didn't put their character sheet up first. You've already met them in the last RP for a brief period so I'm sure it isn't a big deal.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ureshic on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:05 pm

To be honest, all of you amaze me. You make all these characters and plan/have played them in RPs and its just great.
I only have one and you all will probably make me look like a scrub with all your characters. xD
Seriously though, amazing you guys, amazing.

Ureshic
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Heh... Just wait a couple of weeks.
I remember Tricks saying something along the lines of "I don't know how you guys play more than one character" about 5 months ago... Not too long into the RP she was controlling three. :P

I'm working on my opening post now. It might take a little while, but it'll be up tonight for sure.

As usual... I'll try to make it a short one. *smiles innocently at Doomed*

Meanwhile, here are some things you new players should now, and the others should remember:

- Read all character sheets before making your first post.

- Submit your post under the correct location. If you are posting with two characters and they are in different locations, place the post on the correct location of the first character, and add the location of the second character in this form: [Location Name]

- Always read all the posts made before you. Details are important. Don’t be afraid to ask others to help you catch up, if needed.

You'll see an example of the second item on that list on my post, so if it's not clear it will be. The other two are pretty much as stated.

*goes back to writing*

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:12 pm

The best part about having so many characters is that you always have something you can write about (or at least most of the time). The hardest part (next to writing the character sheet... I hate that) is coming up with individual stories for them, including the relationships with other characters, factions, views on controversial topics of the world and religious views.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Michael is updated didn't get to catch up with Tricks so I winged his story.
Tricks when you get in if it isn't cool let me know and I'll find a way to fix it.
But for now I'm going with "Hooray for headbanger music!"
Btw bird thank you for all the help.
*makes a mental note to delay the GM tamer*

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Alright, it's much better now. Except, lol, you called Blackpond "Blackpool" somewhere in there. *giggles* But you know... Pond, pool... whatever it's all water.
Unless that was on purpose. Then I need to ask wtf that means.

You're welcome. And I break GM tamers for fun, thought you should know.

-edit-

I can also read your mental notes. ;)
Last edited by Blackbird26 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:22 pm

... I was going to say that I'm enough of a tamer for Blackbird, but I don't think I'm really any better than her. I might even be worse. :P

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!