Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Yamaku Academy: School for the Disabled.

Shameless Self-Admiration.

a part of “Yamaku Academy: School for the Disabled.”, a fictional universe by SylphofSpace.

You've just been sent to Yamaku Academy, A school for the physically disabled. There will be conflict, feels and, most importantly, love.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Yamaku Academy: School for the Disabled.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Shameless Self-Admiration.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:59 pm

This is a thread for fun and silly little things that don't fit in anywhere else. For example, images of our characters together, fanfiction, what brand of refrigerator our characters would be if they were rectangular and what types of drunks they'd be. Anything you want, really! To kick things off, I'll post a few poems.

Hana:
What can you know for sure
If you can't see to believe
With your own eyes
Blank, unable to perceive.

Aedan or Alexander:
Silence is the world
But not a peaceful kind
Cannot speak, cannot cry
Life is uncertain, unloving, unsigned

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Shameless Self-Admiration.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:23 pm

I feel it would be remiss of my not to share the 'Kora writes love poetry' conversation I had with a friend on skype a few weeks back.

Vit: Kora doesn't always write love songs, but when she does I assume they're like that.
Vit: Kora's love for you is like a truck, BERSERKER!

Judged: And I can only imagine what word is used to rhyme "truck" in Kora's case.

Vit: "Roses are red, violets are blue,
I trashed the living room and assaulted three people."

Judged: Kora is on five registers, but underneath her tough exterior is the heart of a lover.
Vit: Alternatively:

Roses are Red, Violets are Blu- RRAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!

Judged: "I wanted to write you a poem but I destroyed it."
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Classy, Kora. Classy.

Hmm. Well, you know how each KS route had its own tagline? Like, Emi's "Can you stand up for yourself?" or Hanako's "Can you face your fears?"

What would our characters' taglines be?

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Oh, I wrote a piece back in the day with each of those taglines. Pretty gay, but I might as well post it.

Can you?

Cany you stand up for yourself? When no one else will, will you just lye down?

Can you face your fears? When the only obstacle is the one you dread most, can you fight it?

Can you see what I see? When judgement is clouded, can you see past the fog and into the clear sky?

Can you tell me what you think? When you feel uncomfortable, will you voice it?

Can you seize the day? Will you take control, command?

Can you?

Was trying to cheer a friend up or something, I don't know...

ANYWHO

I think maybe....

Can you feel what I feel? Would be Raze's tagline... err, it's hard to think of one XD

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Hmmm, Zeal's tagline. I actually haven't thought of that yet. Let's see.....

Can you accept yourself?

Can you love yourself as much as other's do?
Last edited by SylphofSpace on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 pm

I think Amaya's tagline would probably be something along the lines of "Can you see your own true strength?" If I was going to reference her main two disabilities - weakness and half-blindness, that is. Otherwise, I'd probably go with something a little more metaphorical, like Rin's tagline. Probably something like "Can you fly with broken wings?"

Yes, Famished, I know, I make altogether too many references to the "Broken Bird" trope. You don't have to say it. XD

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:54 pm

NO, I would NEVER expect YOU to use that trope. It's not like our private RP is named after that trope.......

Speaking of which, if you're bored, I posted~!

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:17 pm

I totally. Made it. A thing. Omfg. Soon it'll be a RPgateway thing: Shameless Self-Admiration.

Well, this is just a variation of some vague poem I once wrote but it's what I sort of based Azalea off of.

Pain is almost sexy

There is a beautiful kind of pain.

The electrifying kind that jolts you awake
like a dose from a defibrillator or one too many shots of caffeine;
the soothing kind you clutch to your chest like a child would his teddy;
the kind that mutters soothing words into your hair and holds you as a mother might.

(a pain like flushing your mind through a blender,
turning it into chicken feed,
And bleeding the world though your soul)

I want to live it, hold it, marry it, taste it, be it;
Come home each night to find it waiting for me in the bathtub,
soaking me in its acid,
making love to me like an abusive husband on Satan's drugs.

Not that I know much of it,
of course.
Oh, that's lie.

I don't know it at all.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:31 pm

I hate that poem.

It makes me sit down and cry.

Not that it is bad.

FUCK, A HAIKU ;.;

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 pm

What what what poem D: I need to know! Did you write a haiku?

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Wow Layla, that was incredible. I cannot explain this cacophony of emotions playing through my soul.

@Famished
One of us, one of us, one of us.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Recruiting volunteers

Sage Fray - Azalea's twin brother - is a sadistic creep who likes torturing his sister, especially by hurting anyone she cares about. Know that if your character gets close to Azalea and she begins to care about her/him, Sage will try to ruin him/her. Just a warning. So if anyone would like a sadistic and violent strategist to manipulate and abuse their characters... xD Just befriend Azalea.

But you never know with Sage... Maybe he'll just be nice. He will steal Azalea's friends from her, girl, guy, he'll take 'em first through seduction, and when that doesn't work, violence.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luna Shade on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:58 pm

"What's a 'tagline'?" asked the noob.

Also; how should I jump in with Hana? I know a lot happened, and a lot more people were introduced. I don't want to go back and add a lot of dialogue that's going to have to make people backtrack, so I'm just going to pretend that she was eating her orange like a good little girl.

I have been thinking about this roleplay way to much, and I have a bunch of sketches in all of my school binders of the characters. Sadly, I have learned that when I try to draw dogs, they end up looking like oversized ferrets >.< .

I had an idea though: I'm sure that eventually it will become evident, but I have a crazy way of thinking. My mind ties unrelated things together, and today my friend said something about American's got talent. Which made me think of Dancing with the Stars. Which in turn made me think about dresses and within 2.3 seconds, I was having ideas about what would happen if Yamaku had a Homecoming Dance. Perhaps it's a dumb idea, but I figured that they'd want it to be as much like a regular school as possible, right? Anywho,just an idea ^.^

My post will be up before the end of the day. I've been cleaning house since I returned from that asylum the adults of my parish (I guess that it would be called a county everywhere else in the continental U.S? I guess it depends on the state) call a school, and I have practice for my church's worship band in about an hour. But right now I need to go eat. I NEED SUSTINANCE!

*coughs* Eerm. Sorry for that bout of diarrhea of the mouth- fingers- keyboard? Sugar rush.
Make cupcakes, not Death Stars!

Luna Shade
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm

A tagline is a sort of summary of the problem your character has to overcome. For example, Hanako is terrified of people seeing her scars, therefore, her tagline is "Can you overcome your fears?" Of course, they can be deeper then that, it was just an easy example. One rule of taglines though is they always start with "Can you"

A homecoming dance! That's an excellent idea! You, m'am, are a modern day genius. If the zombie apocalypse happens, I want you on my team. I'll make a new thread for ideas like that so we aren't clogging up the other ones with our undoubtedly large brains.

Speaking of zombie apocalypses.....

Amaya Kago- The useless one. (no offense!)
Alexander Tores- Innovator, creates new weapons and ways of gathering supplies.
Aedan Connors- Co-leader/Token pretty boy.
Zeal Yamaka- Tactician, dies saving another party member.
Razeluxe Kagoshima- Captain of gatherers (people in charge of getting supplies.)
Peachy Ro- Public relations, dies escaping a horde.
Azalea Kristen Fray- Self-proclaimed leader. Dies from a unnoticed bite.
Jolnas Ritter- Close combat expert, sentry.
Hana Fujio- Public relations. Nana dies to help the group escape from a horde.
Kora Neverwinter- Gatherer, becomes the best shot with a gun.
Satomi Hanoka- The first to die, couldn't hear the zombies coming.
Sage Gabriel Fray- The one who snaps. Loses control and goes on a killing spree. Is killed by other members of party.
Wolfgang Fujimoto- The usurper. Tries to overthrow Azalea when found she is bitten but is stopped by Aedan. Leaves on his own.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:57 pm

*Whistle* wow, lines for Jolnas, hmmmm

Can you swallow your pride?
Can you admit your faults?
Can you see what is wrong?
Can you commit to enduring pain?

oh and nice poems

Oh and Luna, I would take a large ferret ove a seeing-eyedog anyday. Let's See Those PICS!!!
Once more, with rhythm!

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luna Shade on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Okay reposting the pic then
Attachments
image.jpg
(244.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Luna Shade
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luna Shade on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 pm

More of these coming up. I drew Satomi! I had to crop out all of her hair to fit it in the size restraints. I also drew Sage and Azalea in this style, and I'm going to draw a bunch of these, I hope.
Attachments
image.jpg
(260.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Luna Shade
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Final Fantasy V Character Classes- hard mode, no two characters can share a class.
List of what your class can do is found here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List ... asy_V_Jobs

Amaya Kago- White Mage
Alexander Tores- Chemist
Aedan Connors- Dragoon
Zeal Yamaka- Samurai
Razeluxe Kagoshima- Mystic Knight
Peachy Ro- Bard
Azalea Fray- Knight
Jolnas Ritter- Monk
Hana Fujio- Beastmaster
Kora Neverwinter- Red Mage
Satomi Hanoka- Ranger
Sage Fray- Black Mage
Wolfgang Fujimoto- Berserker

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:30 am

SylphofSpace wrote:Final Fantasy V Character Classes- hard mode, no two characters can share a class.
List of what your class can do is found here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List ... asy_V_Jobs

Amaya Kago- White Mage
Alexander Tores- Chemist
Aedan Connors- Dragoon
Zeal Yamaka- Samurai
Razeluxe Kagoshima- Mystic Knight
Peachy Ro- Bard
Azalea Fray- Knight
Jolnas Ritter- Monk
Hana Fujio- Beastmaster
Kora Neverwinter- Red Mage
Satomi Hanoka- Ranger
Sage Fray- Black Mage
Wolfgang Fujimoto- Berserker

Jolnas Ritter- Monk

Should we tell them the inspiration about Jolnas Sylph? HMMMMMMM?

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:44 am

PulseTrick wrote:Should we tell them the inspiration about Jolnas Sylph? HMMMMMMM?

What? Tell them he's based off Lee Sin, a champion from the insanely fun game League of Legends? Nah, they can figure it out.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!