Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Somewhere over the rainbow...[ic]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Somewhere over the rainbow...[ic]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Big Bang on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Story:
Imagine being born without a brain or a heart.
In the little town of Red Apsley, Kansas, eight teenagers find themselves in a pickle.
Dorothy just moved to town from LA. Missing her old home, Dorothy refuses to call the new town home and constantly pleads to go back.
The tin man is a harsh, cold hearted teen from a tough family. The attitude he receives at home influences his attitude towards other people often being called heartless.
The scarecrow lives with his single mother and isn't the brightest crayon in the box. Although he isn't too intelligent, the scarecrow is a true gentleman and treats the ladies with respect.
The lion is a young man who excludes himself from the others. He has suffered physical, sexual, and verbal abuse but he is too ashamed, and scared to tell anyone.
The munchkin is the artistic loner of her town. She barely speaks to anyone unless she knows them well, but kills to get noticed by the boy of her dreams, the lion.
The good witch has always been known as the goody two shoes. She has lost many friends because of it, but she hopes to just let loose and go wild but her parents are holding her back.
The bad witch has the worst reputation in Red Apsley. She doesn't give a damn about anyone or anything. Her attitude has driven many people away and all she wishes for is to be loved.
Oz is the richest boy of Red Apsley. Both his parents are lawyers, and always driving him to flaunt it. But Oz wants to be liked for himself not his money and the only person he wants to impress is the bad witch.

Basically we will follow the lives of these eight teens as they try to find their missing piece. Some may find it, others may not. Crushes will be uncovered, Love will bloom, secrets will get out, and gossip will spread. Maybe what they're looking for has been there all along...We'll see :3

Pairings:
Dorothy x Scarecrow
Tin man x Good witch
Lion x Munchkin
Bad witch x Oz

Characters:
Dorothy (Home)- ‱Alivia Rosanne Price‱ Big Bang
Tin man (Heart)- ‱Westley Daniel Wyatt‱ Daemon_of_Cybele
Scarecrow (Brain)- ‱Christopher Alexander O'Hagan‱ Chaoticsunrise
Lion (Courage)- ‱Vinnie Lionel Collins‱ Chaoticsunrise
Munchkin (Noticed)- ‱Ariadne Ailey Bennet‱ Fantasygirl
Good witch (Go wild)- ‱Grace Arabella Dumont‱ Cinderstella
Bad witch (Loved)- ‱Isabella Ann Black‱ Dreaming Forever
Oz (Average)- ‱Landon Spencer Farrell‱ S L y t e.

Sixteen year old Libby Price looked out the window of her mother's old Volkswagen bug and groaned. Kansas was nothing like California. No intense sun to bathe in on the hot sand. No seagulls constantly screeching and diving for your food. Absolutely no ocean to gaze out at, and as far as Libby could see, no gorgeous sun tanned gods to swoon over.
"Honestly I don't see what brought you here." Libby snapped, kicking open the door. Libby looked up at the house. Just by looking at it, she knew it was old. Older than old, possibly ancient. "Why?" She whined, spinning around to face her younger brother Sam. Sam, unlike Libby, had dark brown hair, dark freckles and sea green eyes.
"It's not that bad, Lib." He muttered, not bothering to take his eyes off the gameboy he was fiddling with. Libby huffed and crossed her arms.
"You know your father grew up here, in this very house. Aunt Emily ("Auntie Em, Auntie Em! :D) has been taking care of the place. She said it should be fixed up by now." Libby Watched her mother pass her. Her arms piled high with suitcases. Her father, Gregory Price, had only died last year and they were leaving the place where Libby shared great moments with him. Plopping down onto a box, the flaps gave in and Libby fell into the box. Luckily it was only clothes. Libby groaned and tried to pull herself out of the box, but it was no use. She huffed and blew a strad of hair from her eyes.
"Could moving possibly be any worse?" She muttered, trying to wiggle her way out of the box.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Big Bang
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Somewhere over the rainbow...[ic]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S L y t e. on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Landon sighed. "Is something the matter, Landon?" asked Lionel, his loyal butler. The blue-eyed boy had been lying out near his pool shirtless, on his back, as he stared out into the sky. Thinking. Thinking about what? How rich he was? How perfect his life was? ..No, not really. More like general spacing out. WIth nothing on his mind. That wasn't normal, was it? Normal teens would be worrying about .. hmm, what would they be worrying about? Pimples? Finding a girlfriend or boyfriend? Landon had no idea. Well, at least being worry-free meant being stress-free. And everyone knew that was a vast improvement from his nervous breakdowns.

Whilst Lionel awaited his reply, Landon shifted onto his stomach, propped his sunnies onto his head and watched as his mother approached them. "Maybe," he finally replied, quietly so only Lionel would have heard. "Landon! What are you doing?" her authoritative voice made it seem like he was doing something wrong. Ignoring it, he replied unenthusiastically, "Isn't it obvious?" His mother shot him an unapproving look before letting it slide and continuing, "There's a new girl in town. You should go meet her. After all, everyone in Red Apsley should know who you are, including newcomers."

It was funny how his mother made it seem like a choice, but really it was an order. It seemed like Landon needed to keep on top of his social status if he couldn't handle the stress of being successful. Sliding the sunglasses back in place, he lied back down and waved his hand as if dismissing her.

Landon drove by in a fancy white limousine, his window open so he could see where they were going. They stopped by a very old-looking house, the type you'd think was all rickety and run-down, inhabited by ghosts or something. Actually, when he was a kid, Landon had been inside the house on Halloween. It was all broken on the inside back then and it served as a haunted house for kids who wanted to scare some innocent little ones. "Landon, we've arrived. I've been told a girl around your age is a part of the family. Alivia Price, if I'm correct." He nodded at Lionel and stepped out of the car.

It looked like they were in the middle of unloading the car. He walked toward them in fresh, designer label clothing, tousled hair and a friendly smile. "Welcome to Red Apsley!" He stopped before them and continued, "I'm Landon Farrell, I'm not exactly a neighbour but I thought I'd come to welcome you and uhh .. do you guys need help unpacking? Here, let me help you." The sixteen-year old adolescent moved in closer to the boot of the car and grabbed a box, grunting as he lifted it up.

Lionel appeared by his side and whispered something into his ear. "Oh, right. We have some .. people who can help you," he said a bit hesitantly, not really loving the fact that he was rich and his parents wanted him to show off. A couple of professional moving men arrived in a truck a few seconds later and filed out to put their things into the house. Landon shuffled on the spot a little nervously.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

S L y t e.
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daemon_of_Cybele on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Westley Wyatt woke up to the sound of his stereo blasting Zeppelin; apparently, he had forgotten to turn it off the previous night. It was evident that his parents hadn't bothered to come home, or they would have come in and at least turned off the music. Weak shafts of sunlight had broken through the venetian blinds hanging, bent and crooked, on his window, illuminating his messy room.

He groaned and buried his head back in his pillow, reaching out blindly and smacking at the stereo until he succeeded in smacking the "off" button. It took him a moment to work up the motivation to actually roll over and sit up; he rubbed at his eyes with the heel of his hand, feeling impossibly bleary and out-of-sorts. He couldn't exactly remember coming home last night, which probably meant he'd been drinking; he was still in the jeans he'd been in last night, although his shirt and sneakers were laying somewhere on the floor. More than that, he had a splitting headache and no doubt a vicious hangover.

Stumbling to his feet and kicking through the piles of discarded clothes on his floor, he made his way out of his room and through the house. There was still a little bit of coffee in the pot on the counter, which meant that maybe one of his parents had been home after all, but West was only mildly grateful. Drinking old coffee was, after all, better than having to make coffee for himself; he poured some into a cup and microwaved it before chugging it down as quickly as he could. It was some weird flavor, like graham cracker cinnamon or whatever the hell Starbucks was selling these days, which meant that it had been his mother that was home.

He peered out of the window absentmindedly, swirling the last dregs of coffee around in the bottom of the cup. It looked like someone was finally moving into that ancient old house at the end of the street. He noted that there seemed to be a girl stuck in a box, but any interest he might have had in this was over-ridden by the fact that his headache was getting progressively worse and he was in dire need of some form of painkiller.

Turning his back on the window, he started searching the cabinets for a bottle of Advil.
we're gonna revel in hating what's going on.

Daemon_of_Cybele
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Isabella frowned at Kelsey, the college girl who usually worked the bookshop during the week. “What do you mean you’re on today? I work weekends!” In honesty, she wouldn’t have made such a big deal out of this if her family didn’t need all the money they could get. Her Grandmother’s prescriptions were costing more and more and Izzy could barely keep up with her two jobs.

Kelsey shrunk back from Izzy, obviously knowing her reputation for throwing fits. “Well Lily told me I was on today. I don’t know what to tell you.” She crossed her arms, throwing Isabella a haughty look over her glasses.

Izzy braced both hands on the counter, sending the college girl a frosty glare. “Listen bitch, I don’t care what Lily told you. I work weekends.” Kelsey opened her mouth to shoot back a comment, but was interrupted by Lily coming out from the back room.

Lily brushed a strand of her silver hair away from her face, frowning at the blonde girl. “Isabella, I know you didn’t just use that kinda language in my shop.” She gave the now blushing girl a pointed stare. Bella may have had an attitude with everyone, but Lily was a different case.

“No ma’am,” was her simple reply. Isabella twirled her hair around her finger, grinning up at the older woman.

Lily chuckled. “That’s what I thought. But I did tell Kelsey to work today. I figured you’d want some time with you grandmother.” She gave Bella a big smile, as if time off from work would help. Izzy nodded, pasting a fake smile on her face. “So you get out of here and I’ll see you next weekend.”

Isabella exited “Over the Rainbow”, a tiny bookshop that she’d been working at since she was fifteen, with a scowl on her face. What the hell was she going to do without this weekend’s pay? And what would she do now? She started home, eyes focused on the floor underneath her feet.

Her latest conquest, Mitch, was away for the summer so she didn’t have him to run to for some fun. Izzy was considering texting him and telling him they were over so she could find some other guy to amuse herself with.

Just as she thought this, she heard a voice speak from the driveway of the house she was walking past. Izzy whipped her head towards the voice and sneered at the girl sitting in the box. Internally, her conscious was shaking it’s head, telling her to stop scaring away possible friends. But she couldn’t help it. It was a knee-jerk reaction to be mean to everything and anything that came into her sights.

“I hope you know that’s a box and not a chair.” And before the pretty girl could really respond, a white limo pulled up in front of the old house. Bella rolled her eyes. “Oh fabulous. The king comes to greet his lowly subjects.” She snorted, watching the admittedly good-looking boy get out of the car and walk straight past her. Of course he would. That little thing sitting in the box was absolutely perfect. Isabella glanced down at her large hips, frowning. It’d been three days since her last real meal but it just wasn’t working!

Landon’s gentle voice broke her out of her thoughts as he hefted a box out of the back of the girl’s car. She watched with an amused smile as his butler (who had a butler these days?) came up to him, whispering something in his ear. A swarm of moving men showed up around the same time and Bella just felt sick.

How the hell did they have so much money? Izzy and her Grandmother could barely get by and this kid was probably wearing clothes that cost more money than her house!

“Well, it seems the king is here to save the day. Shall we see how his beautiful princess reacts to this act of heroism?” Rolling her icy blue eyes, Isabella plopped down on the cement, content on watching the scene before her.
The name seems rather ironic if I’m an insomniac, doesn’t it? :3

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Despite it being almost the afternoon Ariadne was still asleep in her bed. In her dream she was reliving her past through her dream. When she was six and the hobos tried to grab her and she screamed and screamed trying to get them to let go. While she was dreaming this she would turn and finally it got to the point where she fell off her bed and onto the floor making a small thump sound.
Greg stood in the door way with his arms crossed smiling at Ariadne. When she pushed her self up into a sitting position. She lightly rubbed her eyes and tried to get her eyesight back. "Have a good sleep there Nay?" Greg asked laughing than added. "Does your head hurt?" He just kept smiling and waited for her to respond.
"No Greg, my head does not hurt." She said and sat there looking down at her hands that now rested in her lap. She was rather sad and Greg could tell. Sitting down in front of her she looked up at him. "What happened in your dream Nay?" He asked concerned. Ariadne sighed. "It was about what happened when...I was.." She broke out into tears not finishing her sentence. Greg took her into his lap. "It's alright Nay, no one is going to hurt you here or take you away from me, I promise." He said smoothing her hair down trying to calm her so her tears would stop.

Ten minutes later Ariadne and Greg were walking down the street and Ariadne would not walk any more than twenty steps ahead of Greg. "Nay, do you have any friends?" He asked. She nodded her head. "Like who?" He asked. She smiled and pointed at him. He just smiled. "I am your friend but I am also your father. I was talking about anyone at school." Ariadne shook her head. "Well is there anyone you like at school? Like for a friend? or a guy?" He asked trying to know these things. She nodded her head. He actually seemed quite surprised. "Have you tried to talk to this person?" Ariadne shook her head. That was when a girl came by she looked about in her twenties. She had bumped into Greg. "Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to." She was fairly pretty but Ariadne had no interested in her.
"It's fine, I'm Greg and over there is Ariadne." He said smiling at the girl. The girl smiled and than looked at Greg and then to Ariadne. "Hi, I'm Samantha." When Samantha wasn't looking Ariadne gave her a sour look. That was when Samantha asked a question. "So, is Ariadne death?" Greg shook her head. "No she's not death at all, she just doesn't like to talk to people she just meets." He said. "So is she your girlfriend? Sister?" Greg shook his head. "No not at all, She's my daughter." Sam nodded. "Oh I see..." She said trailing off. "So that means you have a wife?" She asked. Greg shook his head. "No I don't have a wife, I adopted Ariadne." He said smiling.

Not wanting to be apart of this anymore and without thinking about her past and how it lead her to stop walking streets alone she started walking down the street away from Samantha and Greg. What kind of father didn't realize that his own daughter left him? Oh ya the kind that flirted with girls on the street. Ariadne kept on walking until she had happened to trip over a leg. She fell to the cement and laid there in pain. She was never really into getting hurt often because of the times she had usually spent at home. Ariadne breathed in deeply and felt the pain lock up in some of her joints. That's when she felt a hand grab her leg and her eyes went wide. "Leave me alone!" She said. Than she kicked her foot down and back up. After she did that she shook her foot back and forth and until the grip was let go. Ariadne got on her hands and knees quickly and started crawling away as fast as she could.

After being at least a big way ahead she got up and started running and running. She was well, lost. Ariadne was hardly ever out walking around in town so she didn't know her way around here. Finding an art shop she walked in. Looking at a lot of the pictures that was when her eyes caught sight of a painting. She walked up to it. "That's a fine painting you're looking at, girl." Said a woman. Ariadne looked at her and than back at the painting and realized it was hers. "It-It's m-m-mine." Ariadne said with her bad stutter. Walking out without another word she was now heading around the streets. Feeling like she shouldn't be lost no more she sat down on a bench and started to cry because she didn't know where to go.

(Any one can talk to Ariadne. Sorry for my crappy post.)

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Big Bang on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Libby huffed at the guy and pulled herself out of the box. "I'm sure we have got it, thank you." She said, taking the box from him and setting it down at her feet. Libby rested her fists against her slim waist and eyed him. Just then movers started bringing everything into the house. Libby's mother came out and looked over joyed to see the movers.

"Thank you for your help, Landon but I think my family is capable of unpacking our own things." Libby huffed and turned on her heel to grab the box at her feet and start walking inside.

"Oh don't listen to her, she is just upset we moved here." Libby's mother wiped her hands from the dust on her jeans and held out a hand to Landon. "I'm Mia Price, Libby's mother." She said sweetly. "You must be the neighbors?" She asked? Mia saw the butler and her eyebrows shot up. "Fancy." She murmured.

"Sam!I swear I'm going to hang you out the window by your toes if you don't give it back!" Libby barked, chasing barefoot after Sam, who had her journal that kept all her favorite things.
"October eleventh, two ten..." Sam teased, running faster. Sam ran right into Landon and fell with a huff. Libby snatched her journal, all the pictures of her father falling out. "Sam!" She screeched. Libby bent down and quickly grabbed all the pictures. One had gotten caught under Sam's foot and tore. Libby gasped and gathered all the pieces. Feeling her cheeks burn and her eyes growing wet, Libby turned and started off on the sidewalk.

"I am so, sorry," Mia said looking Landon over. "We'll make it up to you sometime. Forgive Libby, her father passed last year and she's having a hard time coping. Would you like to come in for some tea? Or soda I guess?" Mia offered, trying to be nice.

Libby kept walking until her vision grew blurry with tears and she couldn't see anything anymore. She sat on a curb and wiped furiously at her eyes. The picture that had torn was the last picture of Libby and her father together before he died. Libby tried to put the pieces into order but her fingers were too shaky and a piece fell to her feet. Libby set the remaining pieces on her lap and put her face in her hands. Nothing seemed to be going right ever since she came to Red Apsley.

Big Bang
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticsunrise on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:36 pm

Christopher Alexander's face was pressed up against the window. He could see all kinds of excitement going on at his new neighbor's house, and a large smile broke out across his face as he realized there were other teenagers over there. He pulled his long, lanky body off of his bed and threw a shirt on to cover his slim body and he clopped down the stairs quickly. New people meant new possible friends, and Chris was always up for new friends. He was always up for any friends, really.
As he reached the front door he paused momentarily. He was feeling a little nervous, remembering the sheer amount of people out there. What if he got nervous? What if he made a fool out of himself? Shaking his head slightly and tousling his messy hair even more he sighed. Everything was going to be just fine.

Pushing open the door and skipping down his drive he pulled a lollipop out of his pocket and popped it into his mouth. "Mmmh.." he hummed, tasting the sweet flavor of raspberry as is surged around his mouth. He glanced across the street and saw the mean blond girl. That's all he knew her as and cringed back slightly. She was the one who was always meanest to him, and he -momentarily- was afraid of what she might say if he went and even tried to make a friend. Shaking his head and letting a wide smile leak across his face he decided that no matter what she said, he wasn't going to let it phase him. He was going to make a friend today, and nothing anyone could do could get him down.
Walking the few steps it took to get next door, he saw an unfamiliar girl sitting on the ground looking rather dismal. He sat next to her and tilted his head. "Hi. I'm Christopher Alexander. I live next door, in that house.. " he reached up and pointed at his bedroom window. He glanced down and saw the torn up picture in his lap and twiddled his thumbs idly and then reached into his pocket. Wrapping his fingers around another lollipop he pulled it out and reached his open palm out to her with the sucker laying in the center of it. "Lollipop?" he said around the one already in his mouth with a large smile on his face.
Last edited by chaoticsunrise on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♄UCTigerette♄
♄ImagineThat!♄
♄RaeRaeButterfly♄
♄Music♄
♄Lavender♄
♄Aika♄
♄Nezzera♄
♄Ariki♄
♄Adrianna♄
♄TĂŠfarĂłs♄
Forces unseen p u l l i n g strings in your heart
Everyone wants to feel safe in the dark.

♄OriginalSix♄

ClickHereIfYouWannaGiveMeLove;;

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Big Bang on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Libby heard something shuffling next to her and quickly wiped at her tears, turning her head so he couldn't see her puffy red eyes.
"Hi. I'm Christopher Alexander. I live next door, in that house.. " Libby looked up at the boy and tried for a smile, but it was weak.
"I...I'm Libby Price." She said i a soft voice. Libby looked back at the picture then grabbed it and stuffed the pieces into her notebook then sighed heavily. Libby rested her chin in her palms and her elbows on her knees. She was a little surprised when Christopher offered her a lollipop. Libby sat up and smiled at him, gently taking the sucker from his palm. "Th-thank you." She said, sniffling a little.
Libby chuckled and wiped her eyes then unwrapped the sucker, popping it into her mouth. After a few minutes, she removed the lollipop from her mouth and started laughing. "I'm sorry, it must seem really weird finding a crazy hysterical girl crying out front of your house huh?"
Libby found the idea quite humorous and was throwing her head back laughing, even though it wasn't that Hilarious. She felt laughing kind of shooed away the sadness partially. Or maybe it was just the company of Christopher. Libby looked at him. He didn't seem at all like that Landon kid who seemed nice, but only wanted to show off his money. Libby smiled and put the lollipop back in her mouth.
"I just moved here from California you see?" She started. "I didn't want to leave, but Majority rules. My brother Sam, my mother and my aunt all wanted us to come here. So...here I am...I guess." Libby hit her forehead with the palm of her hand. "Sorry I'm rambling." She apologized.

Big Bang
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S L y t e. on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Landon has always tried to avoid her. Tried to avoid talking to her, avoid listening to her, avoid looking at her .. even avoid being in the same place. From whom, you might ask? Izzy. The Wicked Bitch. Sure, she was pretty. And hell yeah, he was attracted to her. But her personality .. it was a huge turn off. She loved to torment others and she always had to pinpoint and flesh out people's insecurities like that. And everytime she shot a snide comment at him, it always got to him in the end.

Landon was taken aback with Libby's defiance but looked over to her mother with a reassuring smile. "It's nice to meet you and your family, Miss Price," he said, shaking her hand. Out of the blue, Sam came out of nowhere, catching Landon by surprise by bumping into him. He groaned in response and recollected himself before pulling Sam up and going, "Woah! You okay there, buddy?"

He watched with surprise as the events unfolded and looked on in a stupor as Libby walked off with tears in her eyes. Mia's voice barely reached him. Looking back at her, he smiled reluctantly, "It's fine, really. It isn't something you should be apologizing about. I'd love to come by some time .. but it looks like Libby wants to be alone right now. Thank you for letting me help you with your stuff. If you need anything or have any questions, feel free to call me." He handed her a card with his name and number on it. A professional business card thing that his parents gave him and told him to give out with every opportunity.

Landon sighed as he walked off, toward Izzy. "Amused?" He gave her a fleeting glance.

S L y t e.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 am

Isabella watched the scene before her unfold, blue eyes wide. What the hell was that all about? Here went a young boy, plowing into Landon as a bunch of pictures seemingly exploded into the air. In what seemed the blink of an eye, Libby was running down the street leaving all present in a shocked silence. Her mother broke the awkward silence and spoke to Landon.

When he’d said his goodbyes, his royal highness walked towards her. Izzy grinned at Landon’s comment, standing up slowly. “I am indeed. Watching your princess throw a bitch fit? Priceless.” She chuckled quietly; making sure Libby’s mom couldn’t hear her. Bella wasn’t a complete bitch. She didn’t want to hurt or offended Libby’s mom after she had lost her husband. Izzy knew a thing or too about loosing people you loved.
“Did you enjoy that, Mr. King? You flashed your money around and your little princess rejected you.”

Izzy giggled again, running her hands through her white-blonde locks. “If you want to blow some money, sweetheart, you’re looking at the right gal.” Bella was disgusted with herself. How could she say those things to him? Why couldn’t she stop the damn comments from spewing out of her mouth? With great effort, Isabella managed to add quietly, “But I know how princess feels. It’s like a piece of your heart has been ripped out and torn to shreds.”

Swallowing thickly, she continued on, “So how ‘bout it, honey? Let’s go blow some of your parent’s money and do something fun.” It would seem like Bella was actually trying to be semi-nice, in her own way. She might even be considered
 Pleasant.

Sorta.

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S L y t e. on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:20 am

Landon raised his eyebrows. It wasn't surprising, really. But he wasn't raising his eyebrows at the idea, it was because he was actually considering it... As his lips parted, he thought Sure, why the hell not. It's not like I'm going to have heavy repercussions or anything.. But instead, he surprised himself with his reply, "No thanks." It seems like his brain was controlling the situation this time. He knew nothing good would come out of hanging around this wicked girl and he sure would like to avoid a lecture from his parents about image and reputations.

Standing there looking a bit stunned, he snapped out of it and started to walk off toward his ride. He just avoided making a dangerous mistake .. He should feel relieved right? ".. On second thought, let's do this. Get in." Whether it was impulse talking, or the rebellion or perhaps his libido; Landon had no idea. "I hope you know what you're doing," Lionel's voice murmured past his ear as the butler held the door open for the fair-haired girl.

"So. You like money, huh?" he asked, somewhat distracted as he looked forward. It should be obvious. Girls like her are gold-diggers or something. "Where do you wanna go?"

S L y t e.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Izzy wasn’t at all surprised at Landon’s cold reply. What had she expected? To be swept into his limo and treated like a bloody princess? She wasn’t the fucking princess of this story; she was the Wicked Bitch who was destined to be alone for the rest of her goddamn life. No matter how many cronies she had, at the end of the day she was still alone.

She watched Landon walk away from her with a blank expression. She wasn’t going to show how
 Disappointed she was. Why the hell was she even disappointed? He wasn’t anything special. He was average at best – but she knew that was bullshit. Landon was
 good. He had that whole princely thing going for him. Speaking of Landon, he was saying something to her.

“Wait
 What?” Izzy glanced at the butler dude holding the door open for her to get in. “He’s kidding, right?” She stared opened-mouthed at Landon. “You
 You’re kidding, right? Honey you don’t want to mix with - ” she stopped talking suddenly, thinking things over. Why would she warn this kid away? He was another conquest she would achieve. Just another screw. He didn’t mean anything. “Well alright, your highness.”

Grinning, Isabella slid into the white limo. Bella sent him a wry smile. “I know I seem like a golddigging whore, but I’m only a whore. Besides, you have to actually have money to like it. I’m poorer than dirt, sweetheart.” She strapped herself into the seat. “Where to go
 Where to go
” she mulled it over, biting her bottom lip as she thought. “I suppose
 We could go to the mall? And walk around, I guess. But I’m sure you don’t want to be seen with me in public. I might ruin your good boy rep.” Snickering, she continued, “We could go to the park and just walk around. I don’t really care
”

She planned on staying silent after that spew of words, but something in her decided to open her big mouth. “So uh
 I’m Izzy.” A faint blush covered her pale cheeks. “I mean – I’m sure you know but we’ve never
 Like, talked.” She fell silent after that, deciding to save herself from embarrassment.

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S L y t e. on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Landon chuckled, his eyes lighting up as he replied to her referring to herself as a whore, "You've got a lot of self-respect, huh?" Still, Landon wouldn't have expected the Wicked Bitch to be poor .. or as poor as he imagined. He would've imagined her to be .. well, not as wealthy as he was but well off enough so that she was spoilt rotten. That would explain her sour personality. Figures, that explanation was too simple. So maybe Izzy was more complex than meets the eye ..

His lips pressed into a thin line as she mentioned reputations. That's right, he shouldn't be seen with someone like her. She was riff raff, garbage. The scum at the bottom of the trash pile. She had the worst reputation around while he.. He had the best reputation. His status was much like a prince in this simple town and his parents wanted to preserve that. Yet, why had he invited her out? Actually, she had extended the invitation .. Landon only accepted. Nonetheless, it would end the same way. They would be seen. By someone, anyone. Together. The match would be merely impossible. But this gossip, even when untrue, would spread like wildfire.

Even if they weren't doing anything particularly hinting something more than common courtesy, none would perceive it the right way. His parents would strangle him. Yet .. yet.. Landon couldn't care less. For some reason he had been lacking in enthusiasm lately. Was it boredom? Perhaps. He didn't like acting like a prince. He wanted to be normal. Swimming at the creek, going to the beach with friends, going camping .. that sort of stuff.

He looked up in surprise as Izzy introduced herself somewhat coyly. "Wow." His mouth was breaking out into a grin. "What's this? Do I sense .. nervousness? Is that blush I see on your cheeks?" He dared to inch closer til their noses almost touched. He laughed before moving, leaning back in his seat. "Lionel. Take us to the lake." The limousine began to move forward and the rich boy slumped in his seat, his arms leaning on the back. "Izzy .. Isabella Black. Such a tame nickname for a wild girl like you. Izzy sounds fuzzy .. like a furball. You, on the other hand, are more sharp edges than anything."

He chuckled silently. "We're here." The door opened and Landon waited for Izzy to get out of the car first.

S L y t e.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:29 am

She shrugged. "Everyone knows I'm a whore. What is the point in denying it? If I seem proud of what I've done, I won't be showing weakness." Izzy flashed him a large smile. "My logic may seem flawed, but it hasn't proven me wrong yet. And besides..." She smiled up at him through her lashes, blue eyes sparkling flirtatiously. "You know you like it." When Landon began to talk about her being nervous, another round of blushing followed the first. She told herself it wasn't the fact that Landon's face was so close to her own. No, it was surely because he'd seen past the bitch for a moment. "You think I'm sharp edges? Honey, I'm all curves." She gestured down to her body with a tiny giggle. It was true. Izzy had a damn nice body and it wasn't unknown. Every member of the basketball and baseball team would vouch for her if you didn't believe it.

"But I can be tame - I'm just more fun this way." And then their short ride was over and Isabella was unstrapping herself from her seat belt and sliding out of the car. She spun in a circle, eyes taking in the sights. She saw the lake and grinned, turning to face Landon. "A lake? Am I supposed to swim in my bra and panties, Landon?" She took a step closer to him, having to stare up at him because of the height difference. "You could've just had your way with me in the back of the limo if you were so interested in seeing me without clothes on. Would've saved you the gas money." Secretly, Bella hoped he didn't want to talk to her just to hook up with her. Talking to Landon - a genuinely nice person - was different for her and she liked how he made her feel... Good.

Of course, she'd never say any of that sappy shit aloud. She wasn't delusional. He'd probably take what he wanted then leave her out for the next guy. Izzy liked to compare herself to a stray cat sometimes. Boys would take her home, take care of her for a night, and then drop her back out on the street. A simple cycle she could handle.

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!