Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Steel Wolves

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Steel Wolves

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:15 pm

(if you want to join, please see the profile and occ page steel-wolves-occ-page-and-profiles-t4399.html )

My character
Name: Cerann Hosam
Class: Musketeer
Nationality: Usttormen
Appearance (can use pic): Image
Weapons: Broadsword Rapier, dagger and matchlock pistol
Bio: Cerann joined the Steel Wolves as a young lad and worked his way up in the ranks. When captain Backmos Sulattas was killed three years ago, he put lieutenant Cerann in charge. From the day on, Cerann held the rank of captain and commanded the company. After sixteen years in the company, Cerann as become a very good shot with matchlock (as the best a matchlock can do) and a superb duelist with rapier and dagger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cerann Hosam stood at the bow of the three masted carrack, Arl Assh, and watched the Tordard port city of Noit come into view. The brown leather baldric tugged slightly on his waist and shoulder, in the frog of the baldric rested a broadsword rapier. The steel hand guard was unrusted from salty air and the blade was sharp and straight. The mid morning sunlight reflected off the green sea and the gulls cried high above the Arl Assh. The sailors moved about the carrack, readying the ship for port.

The Arl Assh’s captain walked to the bow to stand next to Cerann Hosam and stood there silently for a minute or so. The two men watched the port grow closer and closer. The Arl Assh’s captain, a Vorsmen named Sulf Ykelu, held his hand out. Cerann, an Usttormen that always paid his debt, placed a good-sized bag in Sulf’s hand. The bag jingled like little bells. Sulf opened the bag a little and peeked in side, fat gold coins gleamed the in small amount of light the leaked in.

“Thank you very much,” said Sulf, speaking the trade language with a heavy Vors accent. Trade was a language used by most merchants and traders. Trade was similar to Camp Talk, a language used by mercenaries to talk to one another and to arrange contracts with army commanders and nobles of another nation then their own. Cerann nodded and Sulf walked back to the forecastle, shouting orders.

Cerann pulled a piece of parchment from a pouch on his belt, unfolded it and reread it for a twentieth time.

To Captain Cerann Hosam,
Commander of the mercenary company Steel Wolves

Captain Hosam, for the price of 10,000 silver Krowns, I wish for you to kill the lord of the small Tordard estate of Anir. He hath insulted my youngest niece and dishonored my family. For this I wish him dead but cannot take action myself for there is peace between Elmdelem and Tordard. Should I take action, there would be war once again. You shall be paid an additional 2,000 Krowns to return his head to my court.

With regards,
Etdrak Kaldyn
King of Elmdelem
Firth king of the Kaldyn line

Cerann refolding the parchment and placed it back in the pouch. Rubbing his chin with his right thumb and middle finger. Cerann was thoughtful.

Seems like an easy job" thought Cerann, "Why he need to hire over one hundred hardened mercenaries for this task I don’t know but its silver in our pockets."
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Steel Wolves

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Carri emerged from below deck, blinking at the sudden light and relishing the carresses of the salty wind on what skin she had revealed. She approached Cerann, who stood stiff, as always. As she neared him, he returned a parchment to his pouch and returned to watching the approaching port. The young woman - well, not so young any more, though she thoroughly appeared it - leant against the railing and stared down at the deep green water, that so easily foamed as the ship parted its waves. Her long pig-tails fell over the rail, dangling there and she played with one of them absently.
"Your plans, Sir, for when we dock?" Cerann had been one of the few who had saved her, and he was the only one she didn't know how she felt towards, other than that she owed him her life. The other 3 that had been part of the party that had saved her, she held as close as she would family, and in a way they were like older brothers to her; like the ones she had never had.

Ooc: if you'd rather something different, i can have a post with her on land ^^
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:16 pm

OCC: no, thats very good.

IC: Cerann turned his head to look at Carri.His brown hair moved slightly in the wind. The black cap rested flat on the left side of his head.

"Well" said Cerann, "Right now the plan is to get the men ashore and assemble outside of town. We'll travel across country to the estate. I don't think we'll need more then a squadron to do the job but the rest will be nearby. We'll just stab the lord nice and quick."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:50 pm

"Very well, I'll take my smaller medical kit then. You haven't happened to have found someone willing to take on an apprenticeship, have you?" Carri looked up inquiringly at Cerran, him being a good head taller or so then herself, it caused her the need to tilt her head back to look him in the face.
"Not that it's a problem, of course - just it comes in handy to have someone to help run the errands hen we're on land, collecting this and that." The womans brown breaches and white shirt creased as she shifted her posture, her thumb slipping beneath her leather belt in one or her more common stances.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:02 pm

"Well" said Cerann, "I've been looking not no ones been wanting to travel with us for that long." He smiled down at Carri. a brief troubled look crossed his face, remembering the day his squadron had saved her. The blood, powder smoke, the screams and moans of the dieing. They had found her during an Elm raid on a Usttor town.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:27 pm

Riler stood in the rigging above the deck listening to the conversation of the captain, such a trivial situation looking for an apprentice for so long but it's none of my concern "capt'n would you mind explaining why where here, this seems like to small a village for us to be needed for anything." he said loud enough for the captain to hear he watched the gulls as he spoke. he liked the feel of the salty air on his skin it was good to be at sea. the sounds of gulls and ships and those of a small fishing harbor.

OC: if this need be changed at all let me know
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:35 pm

"Its the closest port to our target" called Cerann, "And we're bring paid a large purse for this work." The Arl Assh slowly slipped into the mouth of the harbor. more gulls filled the air.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:43 pm

"Thank you anyway, Sir." Carri caught the troubled look that crossed his fac, and she had to gulp softly, turning away to stare made at the rippling and foaming water. She knew what he was thinking - th day he and his fellows had saved her from burning rubble. It was all Carri could do to not cry as she thought back on that day, and absently pulled her fringe form its plait so it hid the side of her face her could see.
It was years since that day; it had the best and worst day of her life so far. Carrinorila Antorni Sterlinora had grown up in a small town in Usttor. Her family had died there. No older silblings, mother or father left to care for her, only the Squadron who had found her, curled amongst ashes and smouldering wood. She had been mute for a month, and eventually began talking once more. Somehow, during the raid on her home-town, he had acquired a scar on her stomach and left cheek. Carri still had nightmares of the raid, still felt unclean...
Carri wrenched herself from the memory, she wouldn't remember everything - no, she would forget that part. the young woman listened to the yells of the crew, as they arrived close enough to the port to see people hurrying to-and-fro, and to make out details. Carri pushed herself off the railing, turning to go below deck.
"I'll go below and collect my things, shall I, Sir? I'll see to that your things are brought up."

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:10 pm

"Thank you" said Cerann. The Arl Assh lightly bumped into the wharf and rocked back and forth a little. Cerann had a itching at the back of his mind. They were being paid too much for a simple job like this. Something was going to go wrong, things always did but the Steel Wolves had always made it through okay and with money making their pockets heavy. He looked at Carri, she was a pretty lass and he still couldn't figure out why she stayed on with them.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:26 pm

Carri nodded once and glanced fleetingly at Cerann before striding across the scrubbed deck briskly and making her way below. There, in the dim light of the cabins, her tears furiously began to flow. The Usttorman didn't cry about her past very often, but lately it had been touch and go with her feelings, opinions and thoughts.
Carri brushed them away furiously, passing through to the reasonable cabin her and the men slept in. She was a grown woman now, though most would say she should be married, keeping-house and looking after a bundle of children for her hard working husband. Instead, she was a surgeon for the Steel Wolves, and because of this she was proud, and somehow lonely. The men were kind to her, they were friends, some s close as family, and yet still she felt separated from them.
Making her way to her own hammock the female surgeon grabbed her belongings, well, a portion of them, before addressing one of the men.
"Have Ceranns belongings brought on deck, we're about to make port." Carri's words were brisk to hide her emotion and, after ensuring no tears still trailed down her face, she made her way back on deck. God damn it, what the blazing hell is wrong with me? Carri thought to herself as she watched the crew from where she stood, moving towards Cerann and Riler only after she had fully composed herself.
"Your things are being brought up now, Sir. Will you need me as soon as we step onto that glorious looking, solid ground or will I be free long enough to make a quick visit to one of my contacts. I believe they have some information that will be helpful to myself."
Carri, having been to this port maybe twice before, had acquired a contact, as she did in every port and town they passed through, who could inform her of any new interest in the rapidly growing medical world.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:36 pm

"I'd rather that you have all the medical knowledge in the world" said Cerann. The hundred odd men of the Steel Wolves mercenary company began to bubble up from below decks and spill out onto the wharf. They carried all manor of weapons; pike, musket, great big swords, thin rapiers, and others. They carried an odd assortment of breastplates, helmets, bright shirts, strange hats. The two banners could be seen, carried under coarse wrappings, the gray snarling wolf on a field of blood red, standing over a pile of coins.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:53 pm

"Very well then, I'll meet you at the Sea-Otters Inn before midday, Sir." That gave Carri at least an hour, and she knew Cerann wouldn't move the men on so soon aftr setting foot on solid ground; unless they had been part of the squadrons for more then 6 months, they'd be feeling some uneasyness at the sudden change; going from the rocking of the sea to the solidness of the earth took Carri three months to muster without being sick. The surgeon joined in the men making their way onto the wharf, and was soon lost in their swarm.

It didn't take Carri long to find the humble home of Doctor Samual McCaughey. He was well off, the best doctor in the port town, and one of her favourate contacts. Carri knocked on the instricatley carved door, and was admitted by one of the families two maids, and as shown to the Doctors office. A tray of refreshments later and Carri was deep into conversation with the doctor, having finally passed the niceties of asking of how each of them were getting on in their life.

ooc: ill give it maybe one or two posts and make it having been an hour, unless you'd lik to give people a chance to ctch up ^^

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:00 am

Riler continued to watch the engagement through his one good eye and found it ammusing it appeared to him that the surgen had fallen for the captain an odd sort of thing to happen in his oppion but who was he to get involved after all he was just here as a fight leader anyways "i do believe t'e term be land hoe capt'n" he said

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:06 am

"We'll be there" Cerann called after Carri. He turned back to watching his men disembark from the Arl Assh. His gear was carried off with the rest of the companies gear. A standard tent, meant to fit six men but Cerann used one by himself. A small table, more like a large tray with short legs, a legless folding wicker chair, a sleeping roll and two small chests. all the company gear was carried on small hand carts.

Cerann waited until all his men had left the ship and started fanning out into the city. "Lieutenants to me" called Cerann in a loud voice.

OCC: yeah, lets let people catch up.
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteDragon on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Fieht had been leaning on a wall listening to the captain and Carri queitly. She didn't really care about what they were talking about, she just happened to be within hearing range. She had her eyes closed, enjoying the wind that was blowing, she noticed that the captain had a sound of worrry in his voice. This job might be a tad bit difficult, but they would pull through. She was thrown from her thoughts when the captain said "Lieutenants to me." she opened her eyes, and pushed herself away from the wall. Quietly she walked to where the captain was standing.

OOC: is this all right?

WhiteDragon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:04 pm

OCC: good post.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:12 pm

Celeste hopped off of the barrel she had been leaning against and approached the Captain, head held high. There was a slight swagger to her step, with not a trace of doubt. Clearly this was one of the few individuals in the world that knew exactly who and what she was. Pale hair and skin, dark eyes and the dark chapeau she wore gave her an almost ethereal look. She was covered in a simple dark coat that reached clear down to her toes, showing nothing but the sword that had been strapped to the outside of her coat. Coming to a stop a few feet from Cerann, she kept one hand resting on the fine hilt of her sabre. One that looked upon her fair face might have thought that she were in a trance, with the unusual combination of her colorings. Her eyes were very brown, and rather neat to look upon, but at the moment they were passive. Those who knew her well enough could tell that she was bored.

"Reporting, sir." She spoke with a refined politeness. She had been well educated in the manner with which one speaks to a superior. But she only used her well paid for manners when enough people were around to see them.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Wolfgang stretched and inhaled the wharf's multitude of smells. Rotted fish, the garbage strew water, the sweetmeats and baking foods. Stepping off the gang plank he watched the procession of the company roll by, the sight of the banner's edges whipping slightly under their wrappings caused Wolf to smile momentarily.

As the last of the men piled off with the equipment, following the ragged line of troopers, he heard the Captain call for the lieutenants. Frowning Wolf meandered to a small stall of jerked chicken and freshly cooking fish. Eying the officers he made sure his Lieutenant was positioned properly, the youngsters, often let the other older officers edge them out of eye contact with the captain.

Buying a strip of chicken, Wolf found a pile of empty crates and sat down on them, his long legs stretched before him as he slowly consumed the chicken. His ivy eyes scanning the congregation slowly assembled around the captain.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:25 pm

Cerann looked around, three of his Lieutenants were with on hearing range, only Manyl Rikim was missing. Cerann smiled, Lieutenant Manyl had always known where and when to be found when it was need. Cerann still had no idea how he did it.

"Alright" said Cerann, "The plan for this job goes like this. We'll give the boys an hour or two of leave then assemble a half chain outside of Noit. There is a field to the north that we can use. Then we'll march to this estate. It shouldn't take more then a few men to kill this minor lord and cut off his head. I think I'll take Sergeant Wolfgang and a few lads. The rest of the company will wait in the forest just outside the estate."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:03 pm

Manyl Rikim emerged from the lower decks of the ship, stretching his arms and yawning langoriously.

"--think I'll take Sergeant Wolfgang and a few--" the captain was blurbing.

He stepped quickly in with the group of other lieutenants and smiled.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!