Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Walking Dead: Online

Storyboard

a part of “The Walking Dead: Online”, a fictional universe by Captain Calamity.

An unexplainable infection has swept the world, bringing society to its knees. You are one of the lucky ones. A survivor. But now you must do whatever it takes to survive the greatest threat of all... each other.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Walking Dead: Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Storyboard

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:30 am

@Zephon yeah that makes sense and it also depends upon if Marie actually lives long enough for that to happen as well, just thought it would make a good resolved tension point, but then brings along all new tension points with it you know?
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:39 pm

So I think we've drafted out a bit of a long-term idea for how Season 1 is going to close out.

We're almost in four different groups here:

- The news station.
- The military squad.
- Natasha's house.
- Sarah and Rafiq.

There is a carrier off the coast that the Sergeant is going to be headed to with his squad and Stevie. Everyone at the news station is being forced to evacuate after a situation goes down and is going to end up heading to that carrier soon too in different groups. I don't know about the others, but they'll want to get out of the main city too, however they can. There's going to be refugee camps set up at the outskirts of the city. Heavily guarded but also risky and heavily populated. The season will end once we're all on the carrier or clear of the city.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnarök on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Frigate, not a carrier, frigate.

But sounds good.
"No sacrifice is greater than someone elses'." - Skipper

Ragnarök
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:40 pm

So it maybe a while before I post next, 1) because you guys post so quickly with really long posts so it's going to take a while to get through that, this isn't necessarily bad I'm loving writing with other literary people, but I'm just a slow reader even on a good day 2) I was planning on Moonlight and I doing another co-op post because an idea I had for us is pretty high action and 3) I caught a cold, at least I'm hoping it's just a cold, and I have to get through a lot of homework.

I know these are excuses, but it's also to let you guys know. I may even need later on a summary what has happened just to catch up with the story. I hate not being able to read all your guys' posts because so far your writing has been great, but I haven't really caught up yet with all the posts from last weekend you know?

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:33 am

I totally understand! Would you want Moonlight to pilot Dyomie/Marie in the meantime? Once you're with the bigger group it'll be easier for you to blur into the background from time to time if you need to.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:51 am

Okay, I will try to get Rafiq and Sarah safely out of the city. Don't mind flying solo for a bit. We'll be the Helo and Boomer of the first season xD (sorry, battlestar galactica reference).

@ Calamity, do you trust me to treat Sarah properly, or do you want me to send you a draft first?

@ Fredalice, don't worry about that, I'm sure we can keep you up-to-date. But I get where you're coming from, as part of the fun is reading the other posts. It took me a better part of Saturday to catch up to everything :P
Passive-aggressive signature

Zephon
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Yeah, that's why I'm gonna try and break us up into seasons. Makes it easier for the outside reader to catch up.

@Zephon: of course, we'll have to write for each other at times. It's the only way to move the story along without lagging. We go by the, "if anything needs to be changed, speak up" rule here, so go for it man! I trust you.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:25 am

This must be the most cordial RP that I've ever been a part of. You guys are awesome!
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:39 am

If we can't hold on to our humanity in the OOC, what chance do we have in the Walking Dead: Online?

Haha. I just downloaded this app that has all 100+ volumes of Kirkman's graphic novel. I only had the hardbacks of volumes 1-3, so now I'm just tearing through them. So weird seeing what they changed for the show. Dale and Andrea just boned and I'm not even 10 issues in.... it has given me some cool ideas though. Funny seeing how quickly things turned to shit with their group after leaving the city.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:41 pm

I CANNOT even begin to tell you how weird that sounds after just watching the show thus far!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:25 pm

OK so I was hoping to do another co-op post with Moonlight since my idea will be very high action with the zombies (I figured it was about time they had a hard core encounter), but seeing as Moonlight hasn't got back to me yet and I don't want to get too far behind I'll most likely post today or tomorrow.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Sounds good! Can't wait to read it.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:47 pm

Just watched this video of the actor playing Joffrey giving this speech at the Oxford Union. Awesome and enlightening...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKboLTwzFTs

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:25 am

Jack Gleeson is awesome.

And good posts all. You are all just as awesome.

EDIT: Just found this article about which weapons you NOT want to use
http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-famous-zo ... ou-killed/

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:31 am

Ha! Anyone who'd bring a flamethrower to a zombie fight deserves to burn to death. Maybe we'll have to see that later... hehe

So I downloaded this app two days ago and im already on issue #56 in the TWD graphic novels. Issue #48 was the big prison attack. 100% crazier than in the show. These graphic novels just kind've opened my eyes to how dark this story is gonna go. For our characters, these first 24 houurs have been us scrambling to survive the ensuing chaos, but once we're past that and people's psyches start to break down from the realisation that the world might be over, bad behavior will start to come out.

I can't wait to see what's in store. This might get brutal. :)

(I'll have new posts up today for both Calvin and Sarah.)

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Totally reevaluating the shotgun now!

Yeah, this whole thing is about to get dark. There's a lot of research out there about the mental states of people affected by large-scale disasters, such as Hurricane Katrina, for a real-life reference point. Nobody is going to get out of this unscathed.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:29 pm

Alright posted! That was really hard to stop writing, I seriously could have continued writing that until they had gotten to the guns, but that would have been like a short story or something and plus I need to get Moonlight in on this instead of going on without her/him.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Awesome freaking post.

And happy 50th post everybody! I know it doesn't seem a lot, but you'd be amazed how many roleplays around here never even hit double digits. Thanks for being awesome writers and good people.

Here's to many more seasons of TWD:Online!

(I also know what you mean, Fredy. I just went off with Sarah. She was overdue for a good long post though.)

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:59 am

Happy 50th post guys!

Cool post btw Fredalice. Are you still in contact with Moon or is (s)he MIA?

In other news: Vespas!!!

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Made that edit I mentioned in the PM, Zeph. Thanks for that catch.

Lemme know if that's better.

EDIT: VESPAS!!!!!!11

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!