Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

We're the Abominations -The Heroes Offspring

We're the Abominations -The Heroes Offspring

a part of “We're the Abominations -The Heroes Offspring”, a fictional universe by The*Lucky*Teacup.

We all love a superhero story! Their lives, their powers, their relationships... But, what about their children? Do we love the hell they're put through? Their lives? Well... let's find out...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “We're the Abominations -The Heroes Offspring”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: We're the Abominations -The Heroes Offspring

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFlag on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 pm

I like the idea of this! Fairly unique. I think I'll make a couple of characters, maybe a villain and a abomination if that's alright of course.
Yes, I could use some great philosophical quote that would mind f%?@ you or I could do something worthwhile hmm!?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheFlag
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Why of course you can ^^
Luck is a lot like Fairies
~*~If you believe in it, then it's more likely to be real ~*~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Okay guys, so we probably could start soon. Maybe a few more abominations...? I don't know, what do you guys think?

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akionakamura on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:43 pm

should be a good RP as long as GM doesn't go down lol

Akionakamura
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:51 pm

GM? What does that stand for?

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akionakamura on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:00 pm

"God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try.

-It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission.
-It can be when they simply can’t be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
-It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as
Legolas, then you cannot have Legolas say anything, or do anything, without the player's express permission.

The absolute worst is when they make out another character to be what they’re not, just to make their own character seem superior. They make others seem weak, screaming for help, when they’ve made it quite clear about their advantages and strengths. This is called power-play. It’s a strain of God-Modding, but instead of just being irritating, it’s offensive to boot.

Akionakamura
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Oh, I knew about God Modding, I just didn't know GM was a simplification of it xD Thanks for the explanation of it though, helped explain God modding further ^^

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheBouquineuse on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:09 pm

@Stefan: I agree with that idea 100%! As long as my two eas are fine, which they seem to be.
@Teacup (I'm just gonna call you that!) : I'm fine with him having no powers. I actually would prefer that. I mean, I can just imagine the confusion ^_^

TheBouquineuse
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 pm

(And I'm fine with being called that! =]) I'm glad you understand! I'll look forward to reading into more detail of this character ^^

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheBouquineuse on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:16 pm

I can't have either character up until tonight or tomorrow night though...I have nearly no time with my work and personal life

TheBouquineuse
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm

That's fine. I doubt we'll get very far with much tonight (if we do start)

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akionakamura on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:17 pm

oya i forgot to put down my character weight but i dont know where to put it lol its kinda important since his dense bones and skin my him super heavy

Akionakamura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Aww don't worry, it seems like your character has a lot more details than mine anyways ^^ And everyone can start posting now if they want ^^

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:00 pm

um GM stands of game master in this instance. God modding is simply godmodding nothing else.
"Oh, there's some bubble wrap over there not being used? I'll just leave it alone."-Said: No one, EVER.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Oh, well... Uh, I shouldn't be going down anytime soon -hopefully :3

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akionakamura on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:32 pm

there we go i posted hope its ok

Akionakamura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Reggie's officially planning the jail break. :P
"I saw the traveler make his way toward the monolith,
That thin gash amidst the clouds;
An open seam between heaven and earth that eluded the Eye of God.

Or perhaps it had not; perhaps it beckoned from one realm
To the other, wedded And ruled as one;
For look how clean it splits the horizon 'twain, absorbs it,
Makes it Strange,
An indomitable beam,
A Tower of Heaven."

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tonks on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:48 pm

And Felix is trying to break in, lets see what happens shall we?
Driver picks the music; shotgun shuts his cake hole

Tonks
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheBouquineuse on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:27 pm

So how long has ths place veen around? I'm trying to flesh out a backstory for my brain-washed guy.

TheBouquineuse
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:34 am

Uhm... Decades :/ think about how there's a villain who's about 34 and there's probably older who have powers. Maybe... 40 or 50 years or so.

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!