Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Academy For The Unusually Gifted

The academy for the unusually gifted

a part of “The Academy For The Unusually Gifted”, a fictional universe by TwitchtheLady.

An Academy has opened in the-middle-of-nowhere Arizona desert, offering refuge to all gifted (People with superpowers) students, Is it really a safe haven, or is no where safe now?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Academy For The Unusually Gifted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The academy for the unusually gifted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPitbull on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:44 am

Oh, Apple and everyone seems to hate my character exept Ty, but yeah we need a posting order, if we don't I'm afraid I'm going to drop out, because it seems like only three people are playing.
Animal rescue is to lose your mind, but in losing your mind, you awaken your soul.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RedPitbull
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 am

I'm up for a post-a-day type thing. But unfortunately, Twitch is on vacation or something, so she can't have the final decision on this topic. BUT. I say we implement it anyway. No more than one post a day, agreed?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alitura on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:35 am

Yup!! I think it's a good idea too :) From now on I'll make no more than a post a day.

alitura
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:31 pm

Should we all wait for Twitch to get back before we decide anything official? Fornow perhaps we should wait for the others to catch=up, or atlast post once before we post for our character again?
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.."
- Baz Luhrmann, The Moulin Rouge

Squeekey
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:19 pm

i'll agree to the one post a day thing til Twitch gets back, i'm not a fan of either of the ideas personally, but i won't make a big deal out of it if it's what everyone else wants. But i'm just saying i can foresee a multitude of ways this can go horribly wrong.
I'm not saying the voices are real, I'm saying they have some good ideas.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:22 pm

@SugarNspikeS where do you plan to go with the flashy thing for Marshall? is it perhaps linked to Amelia? Because in my post I mde her flash on purpose, maybe she screwed up your power or something? Maybe it IS like a TV and their signals got mixed?

Or maybe it's not related to Amelia at all. Either way, I'm just curious.

Squeekey
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Squeekey wrote:And uh, to prevent people from wanting to lave so soon in the RP, maybe we should establish a post order? Or a wait period for others to catch up? Idk I'm just saying it might be usful if we smoothen thigs out so people don't get buried in posts when they log in.

Thank you so much Squee, I love yoooou. <3
;u;
Yes I agree with that, I can at least post once a day.
Just not every damn minute.

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Streamwatcher Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Okay so where the fuck and what the fuck is Utrien, Marshall, and Michael doing?

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Streamwatcher Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:06 pm

@Squeeky: Actually, in all honesty i didn't even realise we had similar powers til you mentioned it, but that could be a good direction to go with it. I was mainly just going with the whole half-visible thing to reitterate that he has issues controling his invisibility power mainly because the cause was more rooted in his subconscious. But definitely i like the idea of the two like powers causing "Issues" like two positive magnets against each other, the way Ty and Allison and their opposite powers react to each other.
althought my power is more like a cloak than a shield.

@Apple: we're all still in the mess hall. And Marshall's powers are "Glitching"

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Okay thanks. c:

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:37 pm

SugarNspikeS wrote:@Squeeky: Actually, in all honesty i didn't even realise we had similar powers til you mentioned it, but that could be a good direction to go with it. I was mainly just going with the whole half-visible thing to reitterate that he has issues controling his invisibility power mainly because the cause was more rooted in his subconscious. But definitely i like the idea of the two like powers causing "Issues" like two positive magnets against each other, the way Ty and Allison and their opposite powers react to each other.
althought my power is more like a cloak than a shield.

@Apple: we're all still in the mess hall. And Marshall's powers are "Glitching"

Amelia has a cloaking ability too! It takes a lot for her to create the shield, so maybe that's what made Marshall start glitching? Because Amelia hogged all the invisibility for a minute? :p she's pretty on point with controlling her powers so perhaps she could teach him or they could become emo invisible buddies? :3

Squeekey
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 pm

we'll see where things go, i can see the two of them getting along.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:24 pm

And this is exactly why the one post a day thing sucks! @Squeeky

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:33 pm

I don't mind posting more than once a day.
But a lot of people post when it's not necessary.
For example:
Character A says hi to Character B
Person playing B doesn't reply straight away.
Character A acts like Character B ignored them and moves on.

That's impatient RPing and it doesn't give anyone a chance to actually reply to a character.
Also a lot of people are ignoring each others posts because of the huge swarm in posts.
I just think everyone should wait for who their character's are interacting with to post once each and then it's your turn again, so if everyone replies and posts, then you can post again and so can they. It's like a posting order. I don't know if you know what I mean or not but I can further explain?
Also I don't mean to wait for everyone in the whole RP to post. I just mean who your characters are dealing with.

So right now Sugar you could post again because you're not with anyone else except Squee at the moment. Does that make sense? XD haha

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:57 pm

gotcha, so i could have been posting the way i was before. well I'll keep that in mind for tomorrow.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:22 pm

@Apple Can we get to the part where we agree that we both fucked up and start over soon? As fun as the fighting is I think we'd do better working together against someone like the headmistress.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Haha you'll just have to wait and see.
Depends on how Jurou feels, not me~ :P

AppleSauce
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPitbull on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Hey guys, can we please stick to TAGGING EVERYONE, not just who you're interacting with, please?

RedPitbull
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Sorry Khan but I disagree. If we started tagging everyone, people would be swarmed with notifications that do not exactly concern them. It gives the person false hope to find out the post is not about them. Tagging who you interact with and ONLY who you interact with let's you know when they're replied so that you know that you can post again.

Squeekey
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ky-Lin on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Aww poor Al is going to be crushed!

Ky-Lin
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!