Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Cafe {ooc}

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Cafe {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:19 am

The CaféImage

Welcome to Elaine’s Café. Whether you’re here to mingle, finish the last chapter of your current read, or simply pick up your morning coffee and muffin, Elaine’s is the ideal place to spend your time, with a cheerful staff, a delightful crowd, and delicious pastries and beverages.

Now, of course, every café has its regulars. In this roleplay, we will explore the lives of these people, through their toils and triumphs, and observe how they always seem to return to Elaine’s without hesitation.

This is a literate roleplay. If you don’t think you can meet a two-paragraph minimum, then this isn’t the one for you. You’ll be writing in first person rather than third, just to shake things up a bit. Romance is encouraged, but keep in mind the site’s general rules. Remember, this is a realistic roleplay, so try and be as much so as possible. Be detailed in your posts, and keep gender ratios even. Also, I’d like people’s histories to be revealed in the rp, which is why it’s not been included in the character skeleton.

Code: Select all
[img]If you have one, the URL to your picture goes here. Realistic only, no celebrities. Descriptions are also required.[/img]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Quirks:[/b]

[b]Your Usual Order:[/b]
[b]Favorite Song:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: The Cafe {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:45 am

Name: Haylee Mae Jansen
Birthday: 3rd of May
Gender Female

- Bright colours
-Animals
- The friendly people at the cafe
- listening to music
- Singing/Acting
- Dancing
- Peppermint Ice-Cream
- Beaches
Dislikes:
- Meat
- Black
- Boiling Days
- Corn
- Days that are over 30 degress celsius ( Only since she is pregant)
-Storms
Quirks:

- Can't sit still for very long
- She doesn't hesitate about peforming
- She can't help mouthing music
- She keeps secrets that should be told
- Bites her nails when she is nervous
- Is a vegeterian

Your Usual Order: Lemon and Lime Soda and a Vegeterian Quiche
Favorite Song: Fifteen ~ Taylor Swift

Appearance: Haylee has wavy shoulder lengh brown hair that has small streaks of blonde. She has sparkling green eyes which are surrounded by long black eyelashes. Haylee has soft, curvy pink lips. Haylee was quite skinny intill she became pregant. She still is apart from the bump. Haylee often wears tight, figure hugging clothes but now she wears flowy clothes that hide her bump a bit.

Other : Haylee is 4 months pregant but the others in Elaine’s Café don't realise yet.Only 1 other person knows, and that person is her bestfriend.
Last edited by SexyBabe16 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Today Was A Fairytale ~ By Taylor Swift. Is the song I strive on. I strive on different songs but at the moment and for a while it will be my sole strength... Up & Above xxxx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:09 am

Sexybabe16, could you please expand a little bit on your profile? I'm not understanding some of it. And why are there question marks after "quirks"? Do you not get what that means...?
Also, it'd be great if she could be a bit older. Thanks.

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:25 am

I am a bit confused by quirks. I will make her older..I'm not sure how I can expand it though.

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:46 am

Name: Irynna Aleksandra Rubin
Birthday: February 18
Gender Female

• Lollipops
  • Salads
  • Pasta
  • Bike rides in a beautiful, quiet countryside
  • Videogames (especially winning against guys)
  • Old photos and vintage cameras
  • Exploring new places
Dislikes:
  • Lemon-flavored things
  • Dares
  • Happy endings that never come at all
  • People who complain about everything and turn out to be complete hypocrits
  • Malfunctioning vintage cameras
  • Playing on the clarinet
  • Extremely large events
  • People with no visible trace of common sense
Quirks:
  • Has hitchhiker's thumb
  • Secretly prefers to be called Sasha, the Russian pet form of her middle name
  • Allergic to rhubarb, but not other leafy vegetable
  • Closet fan of Manchester United, but tells everyone she's cheering for Liverpool
  • Has a fondness for quaint places

Your Usual Order: Tall glass of sweetened green tea, blueberry, cherry or peach pie.
Favorite Song: Run Run Run - Phoenix

Appearance: Irynna has long dark brown hair that she often keeps in a loose, messy bun if she doesn't want all of her hair to fall on her face, and clear gray eyes that always seem to find a fault in you one moment, and make you spellbound the next. She stands at 5 foot 6 inches, and has a relatively slender and well-formed womanly figure that she always seems to maintain no matter how much she eats. Her secret? It remains a secret until revealed in the RP. :>

----------------------------

Name: Andrei Constantine Rubin
Birthday: August 12
Gender Male

• Pizza
  • Chess
  • Playing paddleball
  • His work
  • Candy canes
  • Going to the library and borrowing a mountain of books
  • Playing guitar
  • Being tickled
  • Soccer (or football)
Dislikes:
  • Being tickled in the wrong places
  • Horror movies alone at night in a really dark room
  • Corny jokes
  • Cats
  • Smoking
  • Being forced to speak in another language
  • The midnight train
  • People taking too many pictures of him
  • Fences (oddly)
Quirks:
  • Can write mirror writing, exactly the same penmanship as his normal writing
  • Is double jointed
  • Has memorized every single line to Hamlet and A Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare
  • Has passed a driver's test by driving with his feet and not crashing
  • Half of the attic of the house he lives in is filled with his hat collection
  • Plays classical guitar exceptionally well

Your Usual Order: Key lime or raspberry pie.
Favorite Song: Naive - The Kooks

Appearance: Andrei has short, warm blonde hair that accents both his skin and his bright blue eyes which search the person's personality (though not in a clairvoyant way, no). He has rather strong features. He stands at 6 foot 4 and a half inches, and has a well sculpted athletic build that he tries to hide for reasons that would be discovered in the RP.

DONE!
as soon as i finish whatever i'm doing atm.
will also double up as her brother to keep the gender ratio even.
Last edited by wednesdaysun on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:04 am

Name: Tristan Perish
Birthday: April 14
Gender Male

-Photography
-Spontaneity
-Nature
-Leftovers
-Traveling and Adventure
Dislikes:
-Boring people
-Obligation
-Eggs
-The cold
Quirks:
-Likes to know people's middle names
-Is superstitious
-Watches people out of habit
-Gives nicknames

Your Usual Order: Hot drink: triple grande mocha, Cold Drink: blended iced mocha
Favorite Song: 'Never Say Never' by The Fray

Appearance: Standing at 5'11, Tristan is your sort of fly-by type. He doesn't dominate the room with his presence, but prefers to sit by in the corner and watch people while they're on their daily routine. He is more of a toned lean, than broad baller. He has dark brown eyes and dark hair and only shaves every three days or so...give or take a couple days. He has bronzed skin with a tribal tattoo down his left side.
Last edited by Pencil_Me_In on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:09 am

Ah heck, why not. Placeholding xD

Name: Ethan Zhou, aka Easy (E.Z.)
Birthday: Feb. 2
Gender Male

- Film making
- Sweet things
- Sleeping in really late
- Cooking
- Cold weather, snow
- Poker, Black Jack, Cards in general
- Ramen :D
- Hot chicks.

Dislikes:
- Making eye contact
- Mornings
- Rainy or wet weather
- People who freak out.
- Apple Software (He's a PC)
- Conservatism

Quirks:
- Is ambidextrous
- Hates the number 4 (Chinese homophone for "dead")
- Has a habit of casually saluting people as greeting.
- Perfers leftovers to fresh food.
- Can memorize dialogue with one hearing.

Your Usual Order: Dark coffee with cinnamon, chocolate, and a shiatload of sugar.
Favorite Song: "画沙 (Sand Painting)" by Jay Chou & Cindy Yen

Appearance: Standing at 5'11", with dark hair and a rather dark skin tone, Ethan (or Easy, as most people call him) can "easy"ly appear as a man with a dark and swarthy complexion to people who have just met him. His jet black hair is usually in a messy fashion, but somehow still looks neat, and . He tries to keep a clean shave, but it seems that his "5 o'clock" grows back no more than three or four hours after he shaves, although people have told him the fuzz compliments his dark hazel eyes.
His clothing color of choice is usually either black or some really warm color. Perfers to keep his appearance clean, so he wears black slacks, and almost never sags, keeping it up at a comfortable height. Usually wears a hoodless, non-sagging, sweatshirt.
Last edited by LeoOfVgCats on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 am, edited 9 times in total.
When life gives you lemons...find someone who was given tequila and have a fiesta.

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:13 am

Reserve me a spot please!

[img]If%20you%20have%20one,%20the%20URL%20to%20your%20picture%20goes%20here.%20Realistic%20only,%20no%20celebrities.%20Descriptions%20are%20also%20required[/img]

Name:
Birthday:

Quirks:

Your Usual Order:
Favorite Song:

Appearance:
Last edited by Chulance on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkSea on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:01 am

Appearance: Image

Name: Amelia G. Winters
Birthday: December 12th
Gender Female

-Opals
-Cane Sugar
-Black Coffee
-Camping
-The Full Moon

Dislikes:
-Daisies
-Diamonds
-jewelry
-Rap
-Bugs
-Milk

Quirks:
-Can't resist mouthing the words to songs she knows
-tends to fidget during meetings

Your Usual Order: A shot of expresso and a slice of coffee cake.
Favorite Song: "At the beginning" From Anastasia and "Tell me baby" by the red hot chilli peppers.

Appearance: Amelia Stands at 5'6" with a fairly skinny figure. She had mid-back length blonde hair that she usually wears in a ponytail. Her clothes are usually formal and office-fitting. As in, she wears grey and black pencil skirts, with white blouses that have fitting jackets. She has fair, pale skin and sparkling blue eyes that fit under long black lashes. Amelia is rather outgoing and is always trying to make friends, but when it gets down to it, she's a really hard worker.
Last edited by DarkSea on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"For the first nineteen years of my life nothing happened. Nothing at all. Not ever. And then I met a man called The Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end." -Rose Tyler

DarkSea
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:12 pm

@Sexybabe16 Sorry about the confusion. By expand, I mean match the number of likes your posted with dislikes. And why don't you look over everyone else's profile to better understand "quirks"? : ]

@wednesdaysun Both accepted, love your characters. Also I love Irynna's favorite song. <3

@Pencil_Me_In Isn't your picture of a celebrity? lol, other than that, you're accepted.

@LeoofVGCats Accepted when you finish it.

@chulance I'll hold you a spot for 24 hours!

@DarkSea So, I'd like it if you formatted your profile like everyone else, which means put your picture at the top, and where the "appearance" section is, put a physical description. : ] Thanks. You're accepted once that's done.

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Ooh, that song was an interesting pick. Actually one of my faves too. XD

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Ok, I'll edit my post a little later. I have to take off to work now.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Lavender, I edited. :) Hope its okay.

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mistress_of_fiction on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Name: Sora Markam
Birthday: 22 September, 1987

-Chocolate
-Music
-Crows
-The stars

Dislikes:
-Gray
-Hockey
-Pointy-toed shoes
-Too many Locks
-Being numb

Quirks:
-She likes to pet fuzzy caterpillars
-She sometimes speaks to herself when she thinks no one is watching
-Spells new peoples names backwards so that she can remember them better

Your Usual Order:
- ham, provolone, jalapeños, and mayo on a plain bagel (toasted)
- Large glass of cran-apple juice

Favorite Song: Monsters by Matchbook Romance

Appearance: Stands at 5'6" and weighs around 123 pounds. She usually keeps her curly brown hair pulled back into a ponytail or pushed back with a colorful headband. She is quite bubbly, and her style reflects that with bright colors and vivid patterns. She can be a dominating presence, but you can often find her just sitting and contemplating things.

Is this okay?

mistress_of_fiction
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Yeah, your profile is fine, Sexybabe16, : ]. Although I do have one question: do you think you'll be able to be pretty literate in your posts? A two-paragraph minimum is what I consider to be around 130 to 175-ish words. I've seen you in some other rps and you don't seem to meet that.

Hmm, you're accepted mistress_of_fiction.

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 am

Name: Elena Isabella Romano. Goes by Elaine Mayberry, though, and is the owner of Elaine’s Café.
Birthday: February 14th
Gender Female

Likes: Her job, painting, gardening, meeting new people, learning about different cultures.
Dislikes: Inconsiderate people, cold weather, reading, pointless relationships, cats.
Quirks: You’ll almost never find her in a bad mood. No matter her situation, she tries to be optimistic, and succeeds quite well.

Your Usual Order: Her favorite menu item is probably her mother’s recipe for homemade lemon bars.
Favorite Song: Sweeter Than This – Katie Herzig

Appearance: Elaine has a healthy, lean build, and is somewhat tall with an even skin tone. She has chocolate brown hair that falls a few inches past her shoulders, and she usually pulls it back into a loose bun or ponytail, unless she’s feels like doing something more involved with it. She has sparkling, mirthful indigo eyes, framed by long, dense eyelashes. Dimples indent her cheeks with nearly every one of her expressions.

There's my character! I'll be firing up the IC either later tonight or tomorrow. :] Hope you like her!

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:30 am

Will there be a central plot (as in something we're all trying to achieve, together or not)? Or are we just going to go free-for-all and see what comes up?

And also,
What region of the country are we in?
What is the time period when the roleplay starts (as in month, season)?
You do serve Ramen in your cafe, yes? :D

Thanks!

Ratio so far
5 gals : 3 guys (4 if chulance replies anytime soon)

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:36 am

Well, there isn't really a plot, I like character-driven roleplays.
I'm not going to answer the region of the country question right now, because, well, I don't really know!
Modern day. And we'll say around April, springtime.
Nope, no Ramen! : ]
And I was planning on tossing up a male profile later on, if we need it badly...

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:01 am

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-cafe-t33910.html

There's the IC thread! Enjoy, and only post if your character's been accepted. Oh, PS, remember you're playing in first person, too. And keep to the two-paragraph rule! Thanks!

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:13 am

I can always make a second profile if needed, Lav.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!