Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Darkest of Heroes (Ooc) -Finally-

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Darkest of Heroes (Ooc) -Finally-

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Dragon is relying on just two people at this point, myself being one of them. So if she doesn't get to post, it's at least half my fault. So don't worry 'bout it.

Speaking of which, I need to post IC again. Will do shortly.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:22 am

I am taking sign ups still and don't worry Mogtaki. I have not missed out on anything.

So they ran a scan of my spine and it looks like I will be needing quite a few readjustments. Dr. Jack says it is nothing that he can't help.
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 am

Well that's a bit of good news I suppose. That he can fix it, I mean. It certainly is crap that you get stuck with hospital bills, though.

I'm glad you'll be alright; that's the important thing.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:07 am

That is the way I look at it. Its always nice to know that its fixable.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Name: "Pariah Blackguard"

Race: Human

Hellbringer: No

Appearance: http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh27 ... nger-1.jpg

Bio: Pariah Blackguard is a scoundrel. A thief, a rogue, a cut-throat highwayman, the scum at the bottom of the barrel. And yet, for some reason, he's a very popular person. Little is known of Blackguard's past life, and even the thief himself refuses to admit. Likewise it is well known that Pariah isn't his birthname, but rather an appropriate name he chose himself. While his past is well-hidden, his criminal career certainly isn't- Pariah is a professional thief and assassin, and a member of the middle-upper crust of the criminal underworld. He has no strict moral code (although he doesn't kill innocents as a general trend- unless he needs to), and will work for anyone, to any purpose, as long as the pay is right.

Weapons: Two scimitars, strangely ornate and with runes cast in the surface. The meaning of the runes is unknown, as is their purpose and their effect on the weapons themselves, although (and this is known only to Pariah) they actually have no effect and serve only to intimidate. A hunter's dagger, balanced for throwing, with a razor-sharp double edge. A longbow, well-travelled, with a holster of 20 barbed, steel-tipped arrows.

Soul Mate: Undiscovered as of yet.

Magic: Some lockpicking and mid-tier invisibility spells.

Profession: Mercenary

Guild: None- a loner, he works for himself.

Extra: It's extremely hard to get on Pariah's bad side. Although he comes off as abrasive and snarky to most, that's his natural demeanor- built as a defensive mechanism. Pursuers of romantic involvement might want to take into consideration that he doesn't form relationships easily. He's absolutely deadly in a fight at close range, but relies on speed instead of strength.

Also, congrats on the most in-depth game I've seen on this forum so far.
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:11 am

Well thank you Cypher and you are accepted. :)

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:29 am

Thanks muchly, DP. Do you mind if I call you DP?

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SamuraiMaster on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:03 am

Finally might be able to get a bit more involved with the rp...

SamuraiMaster
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 am

No I do not mind if you call me DP. You are not the first. :)

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Soma] on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Name:Razael
Race: Half Ryuuzokuan, Half Rune Elve
Appearance: Razael Image
Bio: Razael is a interesting being and person, he is a strong magical user as he is excellent in the melee arts. There has been rumors of a mercenary wh powers are adept in the arts of killing and massacring of entire towns. The rumors are about Razael, he became a mercenary basically in hopes of finding a equal to his powers, in finding a equal he will dedicate his life to traveling around and fighting off oppressing factions from one another with his equal. Razael in nature does not enjoy killing the weak but even he needs to have a relaible job that he could do to pay for his every day items.
(he is open to travel, bumping into a person or bodyguard any one)
Weapons: Scythe of Fate/ Unique/Sentient/ Magical-

The scythe of fate was made from the temporal dragon jaw, and the handle is telescopic and can extend to indefinite range. Making it a deadly weapon in hands used to its powers and strengths.

Powers- Can slice through barriers by bypassing their timeline
Can corrupt magical attacks by attacking the weave lines itself, unravelling them like loose threads does a tapestry, making the attacks less powerfull

Sword of Phantasm/ Unique/sentient/ magical

This weapon was forged by the powerfull smiths of an ancient race of dwarfs, and elves. Its blade is vorporal, and can slice through even the thickest adamant.

powers- This blades sheath can cast a shell of barrier from magic and physical damage.

Blade can disrupt barriers and magic to an extent
Draws upon and varies its form by the wielders own spiritual energy ( example) In the Huntsmans hands it could turn into a Katana or Scimitar, that could extend like a snake sword and slice in ranges long away, each slice also would double the mass of the hit weapons or person.
Can use gravity attacks as well

Bastard Sword: Maginaught, A bastard sword with a length of 5'0 ft a blade that is 1.5 feet thick. Sporting a thinly vorpal point, as well as a very sharp left and right side. Razael has been forming an array upon it to give the blade a negative energy signature. The saphire source jewel allows for an assortment of sealed energies. Such a s Air, Electricity, Flame, and Radiance. All tightly concealed within that of the Aega Matrix. Also a weapon notably able to be forged by Razael. Later, after studying the Chryssaliss of Apiksatora, Razael recrafted the weapon to create a crimson shell around it. Then by applying more elemental power to the weapon, he was able to harmonize Aega. Directly into that of the Maginaught, thus transforming it into a voidal weapon.

Voidal Impaler: A spear with a length of 6'5 feet forged from ever elemental variance imaginable. The weapon was binded together into a matrix with 18 elemental infusions. Then by binding the elements together to form void with the Aega the weapon became whole. The weapon itself is nigh unbreakable binded with a compact Aega Matrix. This weapon is as deadly but still can exude voidal potential when willed to. The only being capable of correctly wielding this weapon is Razael any else attempting to wield it will not be allotted to use the weapons full potential. Recently upon making the weapon, Razael found out that the weapon itself gained sentient status upon being infused. The Aega seeped into the Voidal battery of the weapon and gained a new consciousness. As he now understands it, the weapon itself will follow his orders as he wills it to, but to what end is unknown.
Soul Mate: Unknown
Magic: Innates: Aega Elemental Infusion: By focussing on the many elemental variances contained within his being. Razael is capable of creating elementally infused attacks or objects. Careful to use the Aega in such a way that the elements are elementally compacted. He will bind the elements together in a purely stabilized state of being. Considering that of course if he were in an uneasy situation this could also make him infuse elements to an individual through the Aega.

Aega Ancestral Recall: By performing the act of meditation in a non battle situation. Razael is capable of retaining knowledge at random of skill the Aega has witnessed in time. If this is done the knowledge will be acquired through the act of meditation and recollected through his gene pool his sentient mind. This ability cannot be used in a battle situation and must be done in the solace of before a battle ensues. If the meditation is interrupted before the cycle can be completed then the transfer of knowledge cannot occur.

Aega Manipulation: The antithesis of life, creation of energy, potential, magic, kineticism, seele, the building blocks of power at its very core. Razael, is capable of interacting with the Aega and removing it to inhibit powers from being used against him. The aega acts in a way to dissolve magicial, psionic, psychic, cosmic, planar, anti-planar, matter, antimatter. Power thus inhibitted in this way has no way of effecting Raeep in any given circumstance. Myrdidon: By harnessing the Aega through surging it through his body. Razael is capable of going into a feral nightmarish form with indomitable strength and defense. Draconic wings sprout from his back and allow for flight. The Aega surges through every inch of his body allowing for incredibly strong offensive attacks. Or can be modified to defend against similarly destructive attacks. If attack is chosen the attack power is greatly increased thusly. If defense is raised attack is lowered similarly. Can only raise one and lower the other for distributive output.

Nether Manipulation: When an action is executed against that of Razael he can will that being to pass beyond the shroud. If this occurs any technique used to thwart his control can be met with an appropriate response. The shroud of the nether completely engulfs the being. Leave of course few paths open if this ability is activated. Any technique triggers a precognitive state. The point upon which the being comes is viewed at all instances at every focal point of time. The will of Razael acts to dispose of the the attacker in appropriate ways of course. The Aega completely surrounds the target. Not in any way, space, order, chaos, void, or vacuum. It is merely what is beyond the shroud of reality.

Myrmidon: Through intense study into the Aega, and the legacy of all the combined Ryuujin's. This technique is keen to drive a wedge into anyone's gameplan. By activating the Skilfully Dei Aemaeth, the Astral Plane can be reached. By bridging the gap to the higher plane through Antahkarna. Razael has the power to influence attacks onto the prime. Given that he is phased to a higher plane. The reason for this is, being that the Aega is like a malevolent virus that attacks and recodes everything. An attack received in this form would undergo immediate recoding. Either by neutralization. Or utter absorption by the aega itself.

Power Sovereignty: True Void, Chaos Planar Psionics Voidal/Chaos Aega Core: When the recreation occured the Voidal Core was transferred in with that of Terrestris. Voidal power was collected by him. While Razael was reformed from Chaos and Void. Both of them now able to harness the Void there is no telling what the both of them could achieve together. Hence he was accepted by Chronos and Tyrannicida And now serves in a lofty branch overseeing things with the best of them. The power he has recieved will indeed make him a fearsome opponent. But that will not be his downfall. His Ryuuzokuan DNA can handle moments of disempowerment.Negative, Positive, Fire, Water, Radiance, Steam, Ash, Salt, Smoke, Magma, Ice, Lightning, Air, Vacuum, Dust, Earth, Mineral. Are also the elements still available for him to manipulate. All are represented on his stomach as Draconic Sigills. Arranged in a compounded matrix of symbols in a radial pattern.

Summon Dracoclyst Dragon spirit- these are rare anomally formed dragons, not their former powers, but changed into something more, planar dragon spirit that can call forth a cataclysm if meteors to strike the landscape. The powerfull and elder of this breed can summon the meteor strength of 400 square miles. Instantly dropping it upon the lands through its strength and thus ending the summon power until charged. When fully bonded to the weapon, its wielder can go back in time shortly to erase a mistake in battle, but not so far back, and the strength of the wielder is called upon

Voidal Construct: By harnessing the main building blocks of his being. Razael is able to contruct his body into a voidal state. Negative compression occurs that literally turns his elemental baseline into that of true void. By harnessing this state everything within around him become caught into a temporal vacuum that draws in everything. Negative energy pockets begin to form around Razael. Anything touched in this form merely disintegrates into nothing. Anything at a distance begins to feel a sharp tug in the direction of Razael. The power can be spread for a wide area of effect in a pinch.

Voidal Vortex: When Razael uses this ability his body begins to go into a state of voidal overload. Then when the voidal energy is peaked high enough a vortex of voidal destruction is exuded. The base of life itself is cast from his form as it would cause spikes of negative and positive compression points. The constant shifting pressures are easy enough to shear and crush atomic structures down to the subatomic layer. The size of the Vortex is to be considered roughly 60 feet across moving at wind speed of 265 mph.

Aega Arc Portal: Creates an arc around the form of Razael that instantaneously shifts him psionically away or around from any given point. Can be used as a desperation maneuver to get him out of a pinch. Can be enhanced by overloading Trans-Planar Seals and using them as the foundation for transport. Can be opened to act as a buffer between opponents to send attacks away or back at an opponent.

Null Kinetic Field: A field of nullified kinetic energy, brought into a field that repels and stops anything in range. By either being energy or matter it hardly matters which, when this power is activated. The range of the nullification can stop anyone dead in there tracks. Or if used as a shield, it can knock a person flat, or reverse the course of any kind of solid mass.

Time Stream Ebb: When caught into a perilous situation that nay be unavoidable. Razael can step into the time stream by harmonizing the Aega to emit a chronoton signature. Thus when the signature is enacted by Razael, he can step in and out of the time stream as if he weren't even using a planar ability. Thus ensuring a planar lockdown cannot prevent him from doing so.

Planar Lockdown: A technique he witnessed his brother Terrestris perform. In other words a planar lockdown used by the will of a Dragon. Whence it was taught to Razael, he had no time at all using it to kill Psionicists. A glyph is created by th will of Razael. This glyph wherever it be placed causes a lockdown to occur. Preventing a great many abilities from occuring.

Aeonic Shift: A link made to an item in the possesion of Razael. This link also inspires the things that are of his. To listen to his commands as if silently. This is also the link that binds his souls and body to the Void itself. When Razael is killed, his soul is thrown into the void for several years. After this occurs the time itself counts down until zero hour when his return comes. This link cannot be severed due to an item in the confines of the void. When Razael's life is put into danger, the Sigill he affixed to it draws him back tot he Void. Where at once Razael undergoes regeneration, and torpor. Once the doorway is opened it will promptly close after Razael has come through. There are no other ways to open this gateway. It can only be opened through his death.

Necraeonic Blast: A dangerous ability that uses Razael's own soul broken into a fragment to initiate a 'Chod' Rite. When this occurs. Razael will take the raven wand out and sever a piece of his soul. When the extraction is complete, he will use that part in order to cause an entropic code sequence to engage. The victim will have no choice but to try to draw the rest of there souls to bind the hole in their consciousness. Otherwise the hole only grows, larger and colder each passing second the soul remains unmended.

Magick Sigill's: Each magical sigill that Razael has learned was taught to him by a proficient master. Each sigill represents the elemental combination contained within Razael's life blood. From this, Razael can create Sigill's releasing a separate elemental glyph. Or in some cases combine upon preexisting Sigill's already on the field. Each Sigill in itself requires precise combinations to the Elemental Array. Careful not to put to many Sigill's onto the field. Razael often mixes these Sigill's to do the most damage. For now the combinations are secret.
Profession: Assassinations
Guild: Mercenary
Extra: Fluidralchon Chain Suit: A suit of ivory colored chain mail created by razael by long hours of alchemy. melding Orialchon Ore to that of a voidal stone. When after about a hundred attempts. Razael managed to fuse the two together. This armor acts in two ways, the first being that kinetic, or energy based technique be useless. The second being that if elements are absorbed. While to bear in mind if Razael is hit with an element and his armor happens to be damaged. It will cause a fusion to occur, thus restoring the strength of the armor to full.

Mythril Buckler: A simple mythril buckler that typically hangs on the left arm of Razael. A glyph of a dragon inscribed upon the surface of the metal presents a black dragon. Though it could be largely miscontrued that the shield is enchanted. The Dragon appears to be clutching the glyph of the golden tactile of Hermes.

This is a PC (PC= Power Character)
A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves.

[Soma]
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Well Soma, As interesting of a character as he is, I am not sure that he would fit.
He just has to much power. Especially considering that he is only 30.
The way I am looking at it is if I brought Gods and Goddess' into Lordar, he would be in that category. Which shockingly enough is not something that has ever been tried yet.

So, If you wish to take away some of that excessive power, then we will see.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Soma] on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 pm

How about this, ill let you pick the ones you think you would like in the role play and the others ill remove.

[Soma]
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Seems like Razael would be a good match for Azrael. Maybe we should let him in?

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gekidami on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:51 pm

:/
Sounds even more powerful to me, i mean between his weapons and magic he has the ability to destroy everything and have total control over everything whilst being impossible to destroy. He's literally omnipotent, and for a random, wandering merc that makes no sense.

No offence Soma but that isnt a characters skills, thats a list of deus ex machina's to let your character get out of any situation; Think of a problem a character could come across in an RP and in that list -either through a weapons special ability or a magical skill- theres a way to instantly bypass it.

Gekidami
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DDK on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm

yeah but you've gotta remember that that is a PC (PC= Power Character), :S

I can't imagine how it would be intresting to play that guy, the GM couldn't possibly put him in a difficult situation... I suppose Azreal might stand up to him but.. it seams he can just 'lockdown' all Azreal's abilities..

I mean.. those are very detailed powers that took a lot of effort, but I think you should try a different kind of rp for that kinda guy really

DDK
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mogtaki on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 pm

I don't like the character either; I'm not a fan of PC at all.

The problem here is the huge list just seems like a copy-paste effort from something else, or taking the ability list from all the characters possible. He sounds like something you get in an MMO (then again, not even MMO bad guys have that many abilities).

He's way too invisible for an RP like this, especially when this one is mainly supposed to be a struggle.
~*Current Roleplays*~

Mogtaki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Doesn't matter; Pariah can just walk up real quiet like under Cloak of Darkness and then stab him multiple times with his big, rediculously-ornate scimitar.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 pm

But his armor cannot be penetrated by physical or magical means, remember? I doubt that scimitar will be able to slip into the small gaps in the mail...

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:43 am

Well huh... I could just headbutt him.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gekidami on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 am

Unless he casts a shield... Or slows down time and dodges, or teleports out of the way....

Gekidami
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!