Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Darkest Time

The Darkest Time

a part of “The Darkest Time”, a fictional universe by H3R0.

So there's some sort of age-old war, right? Over some lame stolen artifact, a book or something that's apparently full of age-old evils. All you know is you're suddenly stuck on this fantastic journey of mysteries with all these other creatures.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Darkest Time”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Darkest Time

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Mon May 06, 2013 9:42 pm

oh no no. the GROUP itself doesnt fight. shh its okay. its the races in general that are at war. And based off who is against who, it might have a little change on who is NICER to who at the beginning. I dont think major combat will really break out between the group, but they will fight....THINGS as they go thru their quest. :D

DUDE ARIEL IS GONNA BE LIKE 'kindly remove yourself from my presense before i break your fingers off' WITH A SMILE. he will be fun.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

freakofnature
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Mon May 06, 2013 9:51 pm

If the group fights, it'll because they're all brats in one way or another. >:T Who doesn't love a little drama anyway?

Uhhh I think we've wrapped everything up. I have a headache. I have all my notes together and organized (seriously, got this stuff all over the place, it's crazy, freak's crazy). I should be able to post everything now. I took a nap earlier so I'm basically wide awake anyway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

H3R0
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Mon May 06, 2013 9:55 pm

IM SO SORRY OKAY? I TALK IN A ROUND ABOUT WAY. D: but yeah guys. just doing the MAP! and then you get your shit. b/c it is needed. we are just lazy and getting me online for more than an hour at a time is rare nowadays.

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OurStars on Mon May 06, 2013 10:00 pm

I have to go to sleep- but I don't want to leave until I find out who the nymphs are rivals with Q_Q
OurStars

OurStars
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Mon May 06, 2013 10:03 pm

oh, trust me, this will be the biggest brat off of the millennium

on another note this thread has officially become entirely too full of cute tiny egberts for me to handle

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Mon May 06, 2013 10:03 pm

to keep it short and not complicated (and taken right out of our chat program)

seelie court, unseelie court, nagas, dragonkin *against* nymphs, elves, magicusers, centaurs

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OurStars on Mon May 06, 2013 10:04 pm

I second Bear's complaint. Too much, guys. Too much. xD

OurStars
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 pm

let the egberts consume your soul with their cuteness.

if you think THIS is bad, my blog is even worse. JOHN IS EVERYWHERE

though he isnt my fave character its eridan and sollux

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:15 pm

@Freak: Listen here missy, no spoilers allowed!

@OS & AB: My Egbert is much better than her Egbert. MUCH better.

Dave and Karkat are the best though.

Ugh yes, I'm going to go put everything up now. I have a question for everyone here, though. Is anyone here good at making visual maps? They're easier to use to look at to see what we're talking about and mine end up looking like something from a kindergardener because, while my writing abilities are top notch, my artistic ones are nonexistent. *cries*

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OurStars on Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Haha, no. No artistic ability whatsoever, I'm afraid.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with female characters as my favorites ^_^; Everyone else fawns over the guys and I'm just kind of like 'Yeah, Sollux is pretty awesome and all, but Roxy' and then everyone else just kind of tunes out.

OurStars
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon May 06, 2013 10:19 pm

I can photoshop alright, but I'm going to need resources and a lot of information. Even then, it might not turn out just right.

But any chance I get to play around with Photoshop isn't one I'm going to pass up.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Mon May 06, 2013 10:21 pm

BUT ROXY! is actually really kickass and i love her. she has grown so much as a character like omfg.

no my favorite girl is Feferi OR Meenah.

and my ebgert is BETTER DRAWN AND IM COOLER THAN YOU IN EVERY WAY SO HA SPEC, TAKE THAT AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR BUTT.

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Mon May 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Are you just looking for a map for reference as far as battle? Like the kind of square maps you use in tabletop roleplay games?

Because yeah, I'm good at those.
I was an art student for a couple of years before I changed my major too. So that helps in the artistic department.
But my style is more cutesy than realistic. And I hand draw; I've never been good at digital art.
Last edited by ohemxbree on Mon May 06, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohemxbree
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OurStars on Mon May 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Dem fish girls. I just love the Lalondes.

My sister reads it, as well, and I went through a phase where I had this obsession with Vriska, and every time I started to say anything, she would just stop me, like "No. I am done with you. She's an asshole." and then walk away.

OurStars
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Mon May 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Vris is AMAZING. i mean she WAS an asshole, but now she is just a butt with humor and i love her. i went through the I LOVE LOVE LOVE GAMZEE HAHAHAHA YEAH. and now im like wft why. i do love Eridan though. and Erisol. That is my ship. i will go down with it

@Bree: Spec will tell you. its 'where does everyone live map' b/c she wants one.

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chiaki Hamano on Mon May 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Ah, guys... What is an egbert? I'm clueless *blinks*

Chiaki Hamano
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:37 pm

@OS: It's a tie for second between Roxy and Terezi. I swear I'd marry those ladies if they were real. Sobs I love them so much. Roxy's definitely my favorite of the Alphas. I love Meenah, too. Ugh. But Karkat. Karkat is my baby. I'm in that whole "I am Dave Strider. He is me." phase, so I understand your Vriska thing. I walk around in aviators everywhere like a jerk. Even got me a shirt just like his. But my chest is too big so I can't pass off as a dude sobs.

@Bree and Talis: It'd just be a general "this is here" and "that's over there" kinda map. I have the basic outline of one. If you guys think the written descriptions are fine, then hey, we'll just go with that. It's up to all of you.

*edit*
@Chiaki: *ehHEM* An "Egbert" is the epitome of all that is pranks and wind. A total jerk. A total cutiebutt. A soul-eater, that's for sure, with that buck-toothed grin alone. 12/10, would recommend. His name's John, actually, and he's from the world's greatest everything webcomic called Homestuck. You should totally read it. I definitely recommend it. Everything about it. I TRIED PUTTING A LINK RIGHT HERE but apparently I can't because Gateway wants me to "participate in the community" because I'm "new" and they "haven't seen much of you around here."
Last edited by H3R0 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 pm

I have no strong opinion either way. Just offering my services if you want them!

ohemxbree
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Mon May 06, 2013 10:43 pm

@Chi: Egbert is John Egbert. A character from the webcomic of Homestuck. :D he is spec and mine's icons

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Mon May 06, 2013 11:04 pm

The relationships between the races and the official alliances of this current war have been put up. If anything is confusing or incorrect, please let me or the co-GM, freak, know so we can make changes.

I'll be putting up the map-stuff now and then I'll edit the titles so they look cooler like the other ones, then I'm off to bed.

*edit*

The information on the locations of each race of creatures has been put up.

Unfortunately, it still looks terribly unorganized. I just put it up for your viewing pleasure, but it's incomplete. I need to fix it up tomorrow so it's actually in order and so you can all get a picture of how this world actually looks, because right now, it's totally messy and definitely not good for big-picture mental pictures. But anyway, for the moment, since I'm going to sleep now and my laptop's dying, you all are at least able to read about how each area is until I get up tomorrow morning and, uh, fix the issues. Sorry about that guys! Seriously. First thing tomorrow morning.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!