Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Demon Seeker (Open fantasy RP) OOC-Thread

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Demon Seeker (Open fantasy RP) OOC-Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewArthur on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:09 pm

I was thinking maybe someone and i got surrounded in a fight back to back fighting enemy's and that sort of experience brought us close like blood brothers (more like battle brothers) and there friendship grew on that maybe (sorry for the LOTR idea) like gimli and leglas in the film they grew to like each other and become gd friends through competition, sort of thing
Police cordoned off Liverpool City Centre this morning when a
suspicious object was discovered in a car. It later turned
out to be a tax disc.

You can Razzle Dazzle my Fantazmagazzle!!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NewArthur
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:04 pm

The Valley should be somewhere in either Sepe or Kerni (up to you, the Seccëhal can travel far for their apprentice training. Though I'd like the Sepe, since it's so anarchistic and the name sounds like it's of the Aëaliss tounge).

And Arthur, you should probably look for someone who's not evil or demonic in any way, that would be so odd for the story (if he/she was).
As with Aëal, that wouldn't go along, since he's more an animal than he is a man, and since he's only in the apprentice stage of his training, that means he's not there to stay (even though it's for a very long time), and as he knows that, he's not going to befriend someone in particular.

And now, for this hilarious joke!
Last edited by Ayaliss on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^ The text your searching for is that way ^

http://www.myspace.com/ymudmusic - Rocking it the Ambiental way. With a bag of Frasse in my mouth.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:06 pm

Thanks Axle. First of all, My character is bent on regaining his original form. He could meet your group and decide to try and use you, betraying you once he obtains his dragon form. Or he could be a jerk from the start and offer a side plot. Then again he could realize that this half angel, half demon fellow, is a threat to his long term plans and team up with you to destroy him. You know, the whole, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Basically there are several directions I could take. Your view on what I should do would be most appriciated.

Also, what I could use as far as the story is concerned, is a basic over view of what has happend.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewArthur on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:39 pm

i think making a bond with a half-demon would be okey, it could show him changing in his attitude to demons becomeing more accepting of there kind. (Not full demons though there the devil spawn and deserve to die)

NewArthur
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:11 am

Lord Val: Whatever you'd like to do buddy. I'd say, he could be interested in joining us, at first for his own gains but then maybe once the story developes more, well, we can just see how he reacts to it all :). And basically what's happened so far, is that Will and Arianna were travelling alone, and ended up in Reddendale, a town in Kerni. They stopped at an Inn to sleep, and met up with a few fellows (Horus's character Ivan being one of mention, then others started showing up as well) that were going to join them on their quest going south. We ran into Anglacea, a half demon and half angel, who's basically bent on world domination; Will and him had a scuffle, which was a draw, and Anglacea flew off to the north. Now, Anglacea's owner has not been involved in the game for a while, I even PM'd him but there's been no response. One thing that will happen with the make over of the game is that Anglacea will no longer be doing his thing, he'll basically have never done anything more than scuffle with me (originally he'd started taking over the northern country, which is now officially Chahil). So, after our scuffle, the first Inn we'd stopped at got burnt down... Anglacea set it afire trying to kill me, I pissed him off with a song :). After that, we went to a second Inn, gathered a few more people, then went to bed. We woke up, got on the road, and a little ways out of town, we stumbled upon a nearly dead vampire, a cleric, and a crazy guy/creature that eats ANYTHING! :).... So yep, that's our rag tag bunch and the story thus far :).

Now, second order of business! I've completed, that's right, it's done! I've completed the run down of each nation. Hooray! Now, I'd like to get some player's input for story ideas and plotlines! What would you like to see happen? Keep in mind, once we're done with the Necromancer battle, we will be in the Anarchistic desert lands of Sepe. We could see all sorts of crazy shiz-nit down there! From crazy warlords, rogue wizards, bands of marauding dark elves, maybe even some angellic and demonic fights? Seriously, throw it all out there people, I love input :). Later ya'll! I'll be on here for a while, most likely, soo umm.. Entertain me :D
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Axle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewArthur on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:00 am

ideas ideas ideas....... hummm, maybe we could have personal side quests to characters, that can bring out more to tell about that character, like in my case with Markus, as he has been hunting full demons for by gone ten years there must be something that wants revenge like a farther or son of the demon i killed (they have to come from somewhere). what do u think about that, just an idea that could run with the big quest and it could be with any character in the group.

what do you think

NewArthur
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:35 am

Well, the side-quest idea sounds nice.

For most of our characters it's sort of obvious that it's necessary, Arthur with his demon-hunting, Lord Val with the regain-his-powers thingie, and so on (and mine with his apprentice training.

I can get some ideas, sooner or later, but right now the only thing I can come up with is Aëal talking with squirrells, for some reason. But that could be something aswell, you know, when Aëal hears some animals talking about something (maybe a battle, maybe some commotion), he's probably sure to tell the rest.

Meow.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:48 pm

It would be quite somthing if one of the few remaining wizards that have Charcon's talismans, lived in the desert. He is secluded and does nothing but research new magic. What if Charcon could convince you that he was an evil wizard, and thus you all go off on a false quest to rid the land of the "evil mage". All the while it is a plot to get Charcon his amulet. Of course this wizard would be one of the more powerful ones, thus Charcon needs you help to dispatch him.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:10 am

Yes, neat idea.

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:57 am

Arthur, very good idea :). Works well with the setting obviously, and demons are quite literally everywhere, though they usually disguise their true forms. That is, until they see a paladin who looks like a paladin who squashed their father/son/brother :P. And in the wild lands of Sepe, it'd be more common to see a demon or two out in the open, rather than hiding their appearance in a crowded and civilized city of another nation.

Lord Val, another good idea :D. A 'hunt for an evil mage' to entice our more law abiding comrades, and hey, wizards always have cool and expensive loot, enticing our other comrades :).

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:12 am

Um, a thing that's off-topic right now... I want to know what supernatural (does not include magic, since it IS natural and a part of the world) powers all characters have.

Other than that, if we'd start now and divide our characters' relationships to each other (maybe create some sort of mindmap?) to make sure how it looks, we could continue with actually forging the story. If we know what we're going to do, but not who is going to do it, then how will we do it? IF! And I only mean IF no one else has the energy to make a mind map, I MAY do it. No, okay, I WILL do it. But only IF no one else can. IF no one else can.

Real men use LShift, not Caps Lock :D

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:08 pm

I've always wanted to learn to use Right-Shift. My right pinkie is just not strong enough. :x

Arsin has a very sharp eye, and good hand-eye coordination. She is an archer, and has been since she was much younger, so she has a purely trained gift, other than her elven qualities - and now, her vampiric qualities. Which really are only a need for blood and supernatural strength and speed. Don't worry, not a ridiculous amount of supernatural strength and speed, just enough to be, well, supernatural.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:55 am

aeleon wrote:...just enough to be, well, supernatural.

I think the word you are looking for is 'superhuman' (or elven). I'm writing this down, and I want to hear everything else from all you other people. And Aeleon, how do you determine the Strenght and Speed? Is it the classical fast-enough-to-approach & strong-enough-to-hold-the-prey-so-that-it-can't-flee, or do you have a different scale? Compare to an animal, if you would (e.g. bear, wolf, lion).

:)

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:17 am

Thanks. :]

I'd suppose she'd have the speed of the fastest gazelle you can think of, and the strength of a caged, rabid pitbull. :] is that too much?

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:16 am

No, it's not too much (I don't think it is). Aëal, my character, has fingers strong like the back legs of an amazon frog, and has very advanced motoric skills in the same area. You're not supposed to make a weak character, you know, and if your character is supernatural, we can live with it.

If vampires were weak, they wouldn't be dangerous.

SPONGE!

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:44 am

I've always thought a vampire should be slower but much stronger, but thats just my opinion. Now day, (Thanks to Underworld) their main enemys are Werewolves, which are fast and rabid. I always pictured a vampire slower, but with a much more calculated, supernatural strength. While Werewolves have bulging muscle vampires are skinny, but they are strong because of their Vampiric blood, which is their lifeforce. Again, im rambling on about somthing off topic, its your character, I'll stop poking my nose in it now.

Anyways, other than magic? Does that count enchanted items? If Nyx not then he has the boots that eliminate all sound when he walks. (See my bio) Other than that all he is, is dexterious with his fingers. The rest is all spells and enchantments on his person.
The Clerics of Okern - Looking for High Quality Players: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-clerics-okern-t25520.html

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayaliss on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Enchanted items do count as non-magical, since they are not being casted (how do you cast an enchanted). It's something you can discuss. Weapons, though, count if they're enchanted, since they're temporary effects (basically until you drop them). The boots are a quality, and I think it's hard to disarm someone from their boots.

Good, keeeeeeeeeeep it coming SPONGE!

Ayaliss
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:57 pm

Um... Ivan is really smart, strong enough to get by, good with machines and inventions, and a good shot with his polyruna. No magic, supernatural stuff, or magic items to speak of.
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Ayaliss wrote:Enchanted items do count as non-magical, since they are not being casted (how do you cast an enchanted). It's something you can discuss. Weapons, though, count if they're enchanted, since they're temporary effects (basically until you drop them). The boots are a quality, and I think it's hard to disarm someone from their boots.

Well, you don't cast an "enchanted" you cast an Enchantment. Enchantments CAN last for indefinite time periods depending on the skill level of the caster. For example the boots. They were Enchanted with Demonic powers, and now they will no longer make any noise. If I took a hammer and hit the boots, no sound would be heard, even if the boots weren’t being worn. But if Nyx cast the enchantment on the boots, it may only last for a few hours or days. (Depending on if he roles a natural 20. XD)

All his bodily enchantments are also permanent. They constantly draw from his own Necromatic power and aura. These are Enchantments, like detect evil, or weakness to light magi.(Which comes with the bonus of resistance to dark magi). If you removed the tattoos on his face, (Impossible short of cutting off his face) then the Enchantments will die, as necromatic abilities are parasitic, and need a constant source of energy.

I guess his dagger may count as enchanted as well. Although it isn't actually enchanted. It is just powerful because of its make and who made it. (I'm talking about his demonic dagger, not the dwarven one). I don't know if that counts as Demonic magicks, because that’s not my area of expertise.

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:37 pm

First, mind map? I know I may sound n00bish but I'm not familiar with the term :P. Anyways, I'm going to now go through and try and explain/decipher some of the enchantment/magick stuff, maybe so we can all get a better understanding of it all, or atleast what I'm thinking about it all :).

I think Arsin's abilities are quite on par to what one could expect of a vampiric being. So far as to the difference between a vamp and a werewolf, my thoughts have always been that a Vampire is strong, but not as strong as a werewolf. However, the deadly and sensual grace, agility, and cold calculating mind of a vampire is what makes them so dangerous. Werewolves are much stronger, but they're more like a mack truck than a sports car; they're not going to wind and weave through the obstacles, they'll merely crash right through them :). So if a vamp and a werewolf were to engage in one on one melee combat, the vamp would be practically screwed if the werewolf got his hands on him/her. However if they could keep from actually grappling with the werewolf, they'd have a good chance to make it out alive, if not defeat the creature.

Now to enchantments and magick and what not; let's take Nyx's items for example, which are fine examples indeed. His boots are an enchanted item, and they've been enchanted so well that they will not lose their power (unless a very powerful mage or some crazy event happened, to strip them of their stealthy qualities.). Things such as magick or enchanting tattoos, which he possesses, are also a good example of enchantment, however these could be classified as he said, more like parasitic magick than an actual enchantment. They require energy, in the same way magick requires energy via rituals/spells/etc. They're permanantly on him, and thus permanantly draw the power they need from his aura. So, they work like an enchantment, though they're not a true enchantment because in my mind, an enchantment requires no further power after the initial enchantment process, whether that enchantment lasts a few hours or a lifetime. Now, as for the demonic dagger, I don't know it's specs off the top of my head Nyx, but it would be classified as a demonic item, with it's innate qualities built in. So you could count that as an enchantment, because it draws no power from you, it's already powerful due to the demonic energies that's built into it.

Now as for Will and any supernatural powers he has, he currently has his few abilities that come from his demonic blood. Other than that, he's a trained and graceful fighter, and a superb singer. So his most used and common abilities come from training and experience, not from supernatural powers.

Now, I'd like to launch the game again soon, but this thread will most defineatly stay open while the game runs. For story ideas, character interaction ideas/scenarios, etc. But let's try this mind map thing that Ayaliss speaks of, though I'm not entirely sure what it is :P

Axle
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!