Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Era of Our Ways

The Era of Our Ways

a part of “The Era of Our Ways”, a fictional universe by AsterIcxial.

Fate steps in to disrupt the lives of varies individuals by a devious meddling with time. Some ordinary people from 2011 suddenly find themselves in Regency England, and not even in their own bodies! What can happen when the modern meets the magnificent?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Era of Our Ways”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Era of Our Ways

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 am

I couldn't resist posting - you do realize if she blushes just once, she's stolen his heart, don't you?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alan23
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 am

Well, in that way, she's like me. I blush at the drop of a hat.

I'm still debating on making a rival. You did say something a few posts back about maybe having him duel with someone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Amamelina
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:25 am

If you do, I will flirt with everything in sight and totally neglect you - you have been warned, you minx!

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 am

Okay, so no rival, even if Lord Beddington would win. I just thought you'd still want to go through your duel idea. I kinda liked the idea of him dueling.

And it's been ages (it feels) since I've been called a minx.

Amamelina
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AsterIcxial on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey everyone, just checking in to tell you found out why I was sick. I was bit by a spider. On my bosom no less. -.- It is a pesky bite and I have been ill. But slowly getting better, just very fatigued. I am hoping with the proper nutrition and liquids I will be okay.

AsterIcxial
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:32 pm

AsterIcxial wrote:Hey everyone, just checking in to tell you found out why I was sick. I was bit by a spider. On my bosom no less. -.- It is a pesky bite and I have been ill. But slowly getting better, just very fatigued. I am hoping with the proper nutrition and liquids I will be okay.

Oh, god! What kind of spider was it? I've had a few spider bites, but they were small and not very toxic. That's because we can't seem to get rid of the pests in my house. TAke it easy. There's no rush. Your health comes first.

If it makes you feel better, I know the pain of having your bosom the target of pests. I got stung in the breast (twice) by a baby wasp at a Ren Faire. Not as bad as a spider bite, though.

Amamelina
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AsterIcxial on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Luckily I don't think this will have lasting damage. Its just ugly and swollen. But then again, anything marring my marshmellow bosoms is ugly. :[

AsterIcxial
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:50 am

Alan: When you get back, I have a question. Where are you getting all that great slang and vocabulary for your character? I would love to know so I can make Lynnette a little more realistic. I have no clue on Regency dialog.

Amamelina
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:26 am

AsterIcxial, sorry to hear about the spider! I sympathize - we got a lot of nasty eight-legged things over here! Mind you, the spider had good taste to go for such sweet meat...

Amamelina, who is to say Beddington can't fight a duel anyway? perhaps some buck insults you, and Beddington can give him a thrashing - and to restore his armor-propre, the fellow challenges Beddington to a duel - see, I know how to write my way out of a plot-hole.

As for Beddington's slang, it's more mid eighteenth century than authentic 1815. I have a fascination about the Georgians, and have read a lot of contemporary sources (like Boswell's life of Johnson, and novels like "Tristram Shandy" and "Barry Lyndon"), so I tend to draw on that. Actually, I think Lynnette is a pretty believable character as she is - I know I'm captivated by her as much as Beddington is! My impression is that the people of the regency put a lot of stock in demonstrating their intelligence by communicating in pithy epigrams. The trick is to say whatever you say in a succinct, yet elaborate way. Best analogy from our own times are Rap artists like Eminem or Puff Daddy (or whatever he's calling himself these days). Like instead of "it's raining" you say "The angels are tearful today", that kind of thing. Add the occasional "la" or "goodness" and it should sound about right! Of course it's a lot harder to play a regency lady than gentlemen, since despite the refinement of the age, gentlemen were allowed slightly suggestive or salty expressions, whereas a lady had to (pretend to) be modest, unassuming and slightly less intelligent than the gentleman she was conversing with at all times... or she was thought a hussy!

btw expect to be called a minx a lot - along with a lot of compliments :)

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:18 am

I will try to throw in a "La" or "goodness" from now on. Though, I don't know who has me smiling more: Harry or Dashwood. I just adore the character. It looks to me like you're the opposite of mine. Where Lynnette is the shy one and Dympna is trying to pull her out of her shell, Harry is the shy one and it's Dashwood who'll lead him down the carnal path.

Amamelina
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:01 am

Yes, the perfect complimentary characters... Lynette has to be shy, I guess, since she is from that time when ladies had no option, whereas Dymphna is a girl who is pretty much on top of her life in 2011. Whereas Harry is very much a loser in his own time, and is quite happy to be back in 1815. Yin and Yang.

And Lynette makes me smile a lot, too - her sagging stockings are really cute :)

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 am

Alan23 wrote:Yes, the perfect complimentary characters... Lynette has to be shy, I guess, since she is from that time when ladies had no option, whereas Dymphna is a girl who is pretty much on top of her life in 2011. Whereas Harry is very much a loser in his own time, and is quite happy to be back in 1815. Yin and Yang.

And Lynette makes me smile a lot, too - her sagging stockings are really cute :)

*gasps* You promised to not mention seeing her stockings. :)

Amamelina
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Just trying to make you blush - I do enjoy it so (wink)

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Now I am blushing. Such a tease.

Amamelina
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Oh good :P

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AsterIcxial on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Bam your gm is back to being alive. Sorry for my sickness guys its just so hard to think when ill.

AsterIcxial
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:46 pm

AsterIcxial wrote:Bam your gm is back to being alive. Sorry for my sickness guys its just so hard to think when ill.

No one blames you. We just hope you squashed that spider. Glad you're feeling better and welcome back! *hugs*

Amamelina
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Aster, I was waiting for Jack to meet up with the Duke, and you did not disappoint. I actually yelled, "Yes" at that post. My family thinks I'm nuts, but I'm just happy. Well done!

Amamelina
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AsterIcxial on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Oh yes. It was time for the Duke to come. I don't know if I named him yet but if I did his name is now Adrian Braxton. XD

AsterIcxial
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amamelina on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:53 pm

AsterIcxial wrote:Oh yes. It was time for the Duke to come. I don't know if I named him yet but if I did his name is now Adrian Braxton. XD

Actually, you had named him Cain. How about Adrian Cain Braxton? That way, either name was right. And I'm so glad you got him in the story. He was so smarthy, all Yeah-I-rock. Jack is going to give him a run for his money. Leave her at home for three years, will he.

Amamelina
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!