Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Desolation from the Shadows

The Feels

a part of “Desolation from the Shadows”, a fictional universe by Kaname_Takashi.

With the new world order pushing them aside, six young people will fight to protect those that scorn them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Desolation from the Shadows”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Feels

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:54 pm

Alrighty guys, I know that we're still missing our Earth Warrior, but I would still like all of you to read through the profiles of the characters that are there and make a sort of relationship post in this thread.

Remember, these characters have been together for years, many through the angsty pre-teen and teenage years. They've trained together, worked together, lived together. That being said I don't expect everyone to have a close sibling-like relationship, hell some may not like another. Stepping into the shoes of your character, what do they think of the people around them? How do they interact towards their fellow warriors? I only ask that your character at least maintains a 'professional' tolerance for their teammates, but beyond that enjoy and explore the possibilities.

I feel this is necessary so that we get the awkward kinks out of the way as we get used to writing with one another. With that being said, feel free to post here when you're ready and when we get an Earth just add that in as well. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: The Feels

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Well Kaname and I have kind of sort of already talked about Nate and Mia since we were obviously the first ones with characters. It's been long decided the two are very close friends. Known for getting on each others nerves and everything fun like that.

Aryutsuki and I have talked a little about the boys a little and how incredibly uncomfortable her boy makes mine XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:25 am

I'm doing this at about 11:30pm my time and I'm about to go to bed so I'm really tired while writing it. If I make mistakes then please point then out and I'll edit them as soon as I see your message. :)

Here goes!

Richard's relationship with Mia is rocky, to put it very, VERY nicely. Her personality is a near polar opposite of his own, and they have clashed many a time in the past. The primary reason for this is because when Richard was still in the process of discovering himself and locking in his disciplined and intellectual side, she managed to convince him to do something he shouldn't have. She convinced him to cause a minor disturbance in the streets of Vilkaf which got him in trouble with the Vilkaf police while she managed to slip by and do whatever it was that she wanted to do. Thanks to Leo Ryan's intervention, Richard was spared serious consequences but never the less kept on the watch list by the police for the next few years.

Richard never forgave her for that.

While he doesn't hate her in any way, he does hate the way she flaunts her looks and takes advantage of other people through them. He also hates her methodology when on a job, and her lacking of respect for authority beyond a few key figures is also a cause of tension between the two. Richard has admitted to himself and others that if Mia just respected authority, he'd at least be able to be in the same room with her and not roll his eyes every time she opened her mouth to speak.

--------------------------------------------------

Because Leo Ryan is a veteran of lightning, he is the one person Richard actually opened up to completely and views him almost as a second father.

It was from Leo that Richard learned to be analytical, calculating, and cautious. Richard also learned his patience when facing down Mia from Leo as well, even though Richard's patience regarding the young woman is much thinner and more easily tested. Leo's tales of dealing with politician's and such proved to be good experience for Richard, as he listened to everything and picked it up very quickly. He has a level head and an open mind, and Leo's experiences and knowledge were a blessing to Richard given the fact that lightning is a wild and incredibly difficult element to both work with and control.

Richard has said more than once that if Leo hadn't been his master in the art of lightning that he'd probably be dead already.

Richard's relationship with Nathaniel is one of brotherhood in which the two share a distinctly serious attitude towards what they are and how they operate as Warriors. Whenever in private, Nathaniel's more open and hyperactive personality can sometimes push Richard's buttons, but otherwise he's very tolerable and easy for Richard to open up to and speak with. Richard has almost never had a problem talking with Nathaniel about anything that's been bothering him, as Nathaniel proved a good listener and the two of them continue to get along very well to this day.

The only source of tension between the two has been Mia Ryan, as she is the one person Richard truly cannot stand in the group, and the person Nathaniel seems to gravitate towards the most.

Richard has never quite known what to make of Cha Jung Soo.

While the two of them are not exactly what you'd call friends, they do share something of an understanding. Both are keen to take to private environments with plenty of quiet where they can read, meditate, sleep, etc,. They have not conversed very much, despite their time together, mostly due to Leo's introverted personality and unwillingness to speak most of the time. Still, the two of them know how to work together and do so seemingly well despite the opposing natures of their elements.

Richard, as with his relationship with Mia, is rather averted to Stella due to her overtly sexual nature.

He doesn't dislike her, but she sometimes just rubs him the wrong way. Her method is slightly different than Mia's but because the two are so similar in the respect that they both flaunt their looks and use overtly sexual methods to get their way, Richard tends to give them their distance for fear of risking an argument and a headache. Stella's personality is different enough that Richard can actually stand her, however, and he has relied on her skills in battle numerous times to earn her his respect.
Kumori Ryuu

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Wow, great job there Kumori.

Hmm…for Mia I'm fine with the relationship you came up with for her and Richard. That's definitely going to be fun to write about. I can already hear the inappropriate sexual tension comments forming in Mia's mind about him. She's so going to be a pain in his, in her perspective, stick-in-the-mud ass. XD

As stated before, Mia and Nat are close. She's always dragged him off into some kind of trouble, even at the current time. She relies on him quite a lot and in a way she usually expects him to come to her rescue if she's ever in too deep.

With Cha Jung Soo…I see Mia not being particularly fond of him. It's not that she dislikes him or anything, it's just that their form of entertainment and their views on their job are different. Like the rest of the men in the group though, she will be sure to not leave him out of any uncomfortable situations or jokes.

Mia is not a girls-girl. With that, and I've sent my thoughts to Belle, I don't see her and Stella being bff's. That's not to say they aren't friends, in a way. Stella will probably be the closest thing to a girlfriend that Mia has or will ever have. I see them as being rivals, for attention and men, but despite that Mia would probably be bored and lonely if Stella wasn't there to challenge her attention-whoriness.

Switching to Leo, I see him having a fond view of all his students. Some are, of course, easier to deal with (Richard, Nat, and Iphi) while other's aren't so much so (Mia and Soo). I see Stella kind of falling into the middle section there right now seeing as she's not as wild as Mia or as dedicated and obedient as Richard. He tries his best to maintain a teacher position with them all without stepping over boundaries, but seeing as he's training and raising a whole bunch of kids he sometimes had/has to take on a more father-like tone and role.

So that's my views at the moment. Feel free to discuss possible changes in relationships.

EDIT: Now that we have our Earth I can talk about Mia and Iphi since Leo's views wouldn't change adding her in.

Mia and Iphi, I see their relationship having its ups and downs. She'd appreciate the bluntness that the older woman's personality sometimes can take, Mia also has her annoyed moments as well. She doesn't like that Iphi is always so damned agreeable. It makes her feel like she can't always trust the other woman. Like with Soo, Mia doesn't interact with Iphi much. She can see how the other woman changes and observes and that definitely makes her nervous. The last thing the redhead needs is to be psychoanalyzed.
Last edited by Kaname_Takashi on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:36 am

Kaname has brought it to my attention that I need to be a better person and blah blah blah so with a lot of dragging my feet like a lazy old person, I present you with my feels post.

Mia Ryan -- Since she was the first person he met when he came in for training he clung to her. She's his best friend, despite their differences (even though his personality is more open when they're around) He's almost never seen honestly annoyed or put out with her. Then again, they tease each other to no end, a game that Mia almost constantly wins because Nat's shy nature makes it extremely easy to make him very uncomfortable very quickly. Nat will pretty much do whatever Mia asks of him, often with a heavy sigh and the roll of his eyes but he really can't say no to her. He's learned better than that by now.

Leo Ryan -- Nat looks up to him like a father almost, his own father was old enough to be his grandfather so he never really felt like he got a lot of what boys were supposed to get from their dads. He tries his best to keep this to himself though, because he knows how hard Leo tries not to step over boundaries and just remain a teacher. And he respects the man greatly for everything that he is and does, especially putting up with a bunch of young idiots with powers. Leo's probably the only person that can crack his excellent lying skills or make him nervous. He's terribly afraid of failing and the one person he wants to prove himself to, the one person he respects more than anyone else, is the veteran.

Cha Jung Soo -- the two don't get along. At all. Despite being quite himself, Jungsoo's personality makes Nate extremely uncomfortable, always unaware of how to act towards sharp glares and no words. Especially since Jungsoo knows those glares make him uncomfortable and does it as much as often. More so if Nate's in his way of something. In fact, it almost seems like the asian male goes out of his way to make Nat uncomfortable...

Richard Young -- Richard is probably the closest thing to a brother Nat has felt like he's had since he left home. The older male keeps him grounded and Nate honestly never feels like there is anything he can't go to him for. The only time the two really rift is when they aren't in the public eye and Nate -- very much like a younger sibling -- can get on Richard's nerves. The only time they ever really fight is about Mia...who has been known to be a sensitive subject on both ends of the equation.

Stella Rose -- Stella and Nat are close enough, probably like siblings that are drawn just a little too far apart to be too terrribly close. Her extroverted persoanlity compared to his very highly introverted self causes the rift. However, very much like her as far as home goes he can't stand conflict, so while the others are fighting he's usually sitting on the sidelines with her.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweetiebelle on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:46 am

Okay! So I know no one has heard much from me except for Charlotte and Kaname, so if I get anybody's personality's wrong or the relationship doesn't quite fit, let me know :)

With Mia, as Kaname and I discussed, it's more of a friendly competition between them. Neither of them are really girly people, though Stella is certainly more than Mia, and Stella likes the constant edge that Mia puts on her generally easy reelings of the sexual nature. Stella would most likely go out of her mind without Mia there, so she likes having another girl around; though she would never admit it.

With Nathaniel, Stella sees him as a more...untouchable...sort. She can clearly see the strong relationship between him and Mia, and she would never jeopardize that in her wildest dreams. She thinks that his general shyness is rather adorable, and knows that in battle he can switch gears in the blink of an eye, so she respects him. She views him as the brotherly sort, since his heart is obviously taken with someone else.

Stella views Leo as a very good-looking mentor, and if he wasn't her friends dad, she'd definitely try and take advantage of that. But, she knows her limits, and she's not really into older guys anyway. She appreciates his advice and experience, and takes his words to heart. Since she has no family left, she seems to view him as the overseer, if not a fatherly figure for her. But, if someone were to ask, she would simply say he was her mentor, nothing more.

With Cha Jung Soo, Stella doesn't really know what to make of his stoic nature. She's not used to someone who doesn't really express their feelings much, and while she's definitely gotten used to it over the past years, it's definitely a source of annoyance for her. Being a very extroverted person herself, she tries to crack his shell on numerous occasions. She kind of views it as a game, but would stop if Jungsoo ever asked her to. She really just likes messing with him to pass the time.

And finally Richard. She always thought that Richard couldn't really stand to be around her, and she was hurt by this for awhile, but got over it soon enough. She respects him in battle, and wishes she could develop a friendship with him more than the rare conversations they have now. He seems to be the only member of her makeshift family that she can't have a good conversation with, besides Jungsoo, but that's different. She wonders if he's hiding something under his perfect battle skills and striking lightning, but she doesn't know what. Yet.
Say that you love me,
even if it's not true
And say that this storm,
is just passing through.

And baby, tell me you're not leaving
That it's just the rainy season

Sweetiebelle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:15 am

So Char and I were talking and apparently everyone thinks Mia and Nat are together…well they're not. But instead of really fighting it, we decide we'll be using it. Many comical moments will occur if this is mentioned by others. XD

We're not planning if or who our characters will end up with and I'd advise everyone to do the same. It's so much more entertaining if you just go with the flow of the story and watch where that takes you. If, in the future, you see and opportunity go for it, but until then everyone's love life shall remain a mystery…well, unless nameless NPC are brought up. >>

MORE FEELS~!

Btw Belle, I totally get Stella's feelings towards Leo. He's just so smexy. ;D If he and Mia weren't father and daughter I could totally see her doing the same thing (struggling whether or not she should hit on him, but ignore whatever the answer is and do it anyway).

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryutsuki on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:10 am

So Char shooed me over here and here I am. Poofy poof poof poof. ^-^

Mia Ryan
[0/5]

The relationship of Mia and Jungsoo is very much the same as the relationship that water has with oil. They may be placed together but they can never really come together. They are opposites in every possible way.

While Mia is wild, extroverted, and always on the offense Jungsoo is calm/collected, introverted and always on the defense. Usually a conversation between the two leads to a heated 'sparring' match which, more times than not, is interrupted by Mia's father. He, Leo, would use his water whip to smack Mia across the rear if ever annoyed by her.

Although they often seem at each other's throats, Jungsoo does not hate Mia. Leo believes that it is a good thing that Mia never loses sight of what is truly important to her.

He only wished that she would think before acting.

Nathaniel Reed
[2/5]

In Leo's eyes Nathaniel is a toy solely for his entertainment. He enjoys watching the man squirm and panic. His enjoyment of the poor man's distress is so great that he has been seen slightly smiling at times. Leo, if bored, would be seen following Nathaniel with narrowed eyes, a frown, hunched shoulders, and hands in his pockets.

There have been times when he has been found staring at Nathaniel as he slept.

Jungsoo, however, does not despise the man. While he is slightly annoyed but how awkward he can be at times, he finds him to be a truly kind person. Despite their polar opposite elements, his relationship with him is better than Mia's.

Leo Ryan
[1.5/5]

Jungsoo strongly dislikes Leo... at least the warrior side of him. He hates the responsibilities that Leo thrusts on him and because of it he tries his hardest to avoid the man like the plague. When he is caught and given tasks Jungsoo usually tries to pass it down to Nathaniel.

Out of all the warriors, Jungsoo is the one to give Leo the hardest time. Jungsoo, while the most calm and collected, is also the most disobedient when it comes down to training. He's always chosen what to focus on, to excel, and what to fail. Because of this, Jungsoo is the weakest among all the warrior and this causes more problems for Leo.

However, when Leo switches to his 'fatherly side' Jungsoo becomes a little less disobedient. At times he would even have a conversation with the trainer.

Richard Young
[3/5]

Surprisingly, Leo gets along best with Richard... or perhaps it should be said that Richard is the one that gets on his nerves the least. He tends to converse more with Richard than anyone else, excluding Leo. Leo is thankful that Richard knows when to keep his distance from him and when it is okay to be around him, something that he wished Stella would learn.

Out of all the 2-on-2 battles that he has been forced into participated in, his chemistry has been highest alongside Richard.

Stella Rose
[0/5]

Because of her flirty nature and extroverted personality, he finds Stella to be both a mystery and highly annoying. Since he tends to avoid her more than Leo, Jungsoo knows very little about her other than that she's a free spirit. He knows that she enjoys conversing, something that makes Leo highly uncomfortable, and that, for some strange reason, she enjoys being around him.

He has begun to believe that she sees him as he sees Nathaniel... and he does not like it one bit.

Iphigenia Grey
[2.5/5]

His relationship with Iphigenia is complex. Out of all the warrior he is probably the only one who calls her by her last name. It's probably to keep his distance from her. He knows how easily she can break someone down and while he is no easy man, he would much rather avoid having to put his defenses up 24/7. So he stays out of her range.

When being together is unavoidable, Leo makes sure to bring food with him in order to distract the woman with.

[[It's 4 in the morning... time to hit the hay. Hope you guys enjoy reading my post.]]
~ Shizaya ~

Aryutsuki
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Regularly
Regularly on free time Iphigenia is caught up in her own world, researching this and that or ending up in the kitchen or just straight up taking a nap. Hey, thinking as much as she does is tiring ok. It is strange that she usually is never in her room though. She just likes open spaces.

The People
Ah yes the people, the lovely people they protect. The people can be so explosive at times, delighted one minutes and angry the next. Sometimes the people don't know what's good for them, like a child really. Iphi handles them like an especially sensitive child. She's well liked by the populace, a rumor even started that rubbing her messy hair brings good luck, something the children of the people love to do. Iphi obliges and is all smiles for them. She's good at speeches and at appealing to them.

Stella Rose
Iphigenia has a great respect for women in general, and doesn't like that they are either pit against one another by society or themselves. She understands why though, the roots of the problem with sexism, but that's a discussion for another time. The base of the matter is, Iphigenia likes Stella quite a bit, and the two can have quite the conversations. Sometimes Iphigenia will begin to tell Stella about something or other but tell the facts all wrong and grandiose until Stella catches on that she's fibbing, Iphigenia finds that game hilarious. She understands that Stella is a deeply loyal person to the team and respects her for that too. She knows that push come to shove, Stella is someone you can trust. More often than not Iphi and Stella are peacekeepers, because this group sorely needs that. Iphi doesn't penalize Stella for using her sensuality to her advantage, rather she thinks it a genius move. You might as well use what you have at your disposal after all. Iphigenia's nickname for Stella is often 'Lady Rose'.

Mia Ryan
For someone whose element is Shadow, Mia is quite the firecracker. Iphigenia finds her absolutely delightful to watch. This woman either snarls at fear or blows it a kiss. Truly amazing. Even though Iphigenia seems like she doesn't fear anything because the creatures and people don't scare her, she knows this to be untrue. There are things Iphigenia fears, they just aren't what you'd expect, and she doesn't really have to courage to face them. Mia seems like the sort to face that fear head on if she even felt any, make it so that she were no longer afraid. Iphigenia is in awe of this talent and wishes she possessed it. But those are just wishes. Iphigenia humors Mia when she's around.

Nathaniel Reed
What a shy little mouse Nathaniel was when she first met him, good thing Mia and training brings out a little more in him. Iphigenia gets along with him swimmingly, he's a polite and thoughtful person and so is she. When he needs someone to talk to for advice or to work things out in his head Iphigenia is there. Out of everyone Nathaniel uses this side of her the most, and she's happy for it. Out of everyone Iphigenia has ended up disclosing the most of her past to him. She's usually extremely mum about it, or she tells a grandiose lie, again obvious enough to let the other person know she's joking. But there is something very disarming about Nathaniel that caught Iphi, how curious. The little wonders some people can pull. Nathaniel probably doesn't think it of himself, but Iphi thinks the young man can surprise you in the best of ways.

Richard Young
The great honorable Richard. Iphigenia often finds herself translating for him. Either letting him in on Mia's true intention and trying to get him to like her more, or letting him in on everyone's mood that day. She speaks to him in great length about the battle tactics they are using and any theories she might have. The two are the eldest of the group and probably the more mature ones, at least in some ways Iphi is. Iphi told him from the get go that he'd probably be leader some day, and has been asking him what he would do in difficult scenarios the past few years, as if preparing him. She knows that he is worthy of the utmost trust and treats him as such. But he can be such a stick in the mudd sometimes, so very dedicated, Iphigenia has taken to lightening his mood by trying to make him laugh when they aren't busy with work.

Jungsoo
Iphigenia's relationship with the complicated Jungsoo is similar to the one Richard and Jungsoo share. They have a good understanding and she doesn't bother him too much. Only Iphi does speak to him slightly more probably, for instance to offer the reason she doesn't stop Stella from bothering him, even though he never asked: "I'd stop or distract her for you, but even though you don't like it I think it might be good for you. Like Broccoli." She's the tactician so she's the one that ends up informing him of plans and ideas too. Her ability to read people allow her to keep it best to where she only speaks to him when he's receptive to it, even being able to persuade him to focus more on training sometimes. Otherwise she just allows for a comfortable silence. Due to the nature of their elements, the two are paired up often in combat and make a formidable opponent when working together.
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

That One Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Nat and Iphi

Nate like Iphi because she thinks a lot like he does, and she's just a comfortable presence to be around. One of the few people that actually makes him feel like he can relax. At the same time, she can make him extremely uncomfortable because of the way she can so easily read people. While Nat isn't the kind of person that has a lot of secrets, that knowing smile makes him nervous. They are close friends, and he tells her a lot about himself, but just knowing how easy she can pick people apart scares him sometimes. He loves talking to her though, just letting go of anything that's ever troubling him. And, as always, he's a great listener, and is there when she needs him.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!