Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Five Elements

The Five Elements

a part of “The Five Elements”, a fictional universe by AiraValkov.

Old folk-lore tales are passed down through generations. Stories your grandfather told you as bed time stories about far off lands and impossible tings. But what happens when old folk-lore becomes reality?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Five Elements”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Five Elements

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AiraValkov on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:42 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Five Elements"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
These violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, Which, as they kiss, consume

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AiraValkov
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Five Elements

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Great Thundorz on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:44 pm

I see you made this. Will post a character as soon as I can.

Quick edit: Also, may I reserve the fire spot?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Great Thundorz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightfall on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Can I reserve the water spot?

Nightfall
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Alrighty then, since fire was taken...I call water! I'll have a basic character sheet up in no time. :)

......$#%^%@$.....

Okay then. Earth. MINE!!!!
~ The North Remembers ~

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Great Thundorz on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Sorry about that Twii. No hard feelings.

The Great Thundorz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 pm

SPIRIT! I CALL IT! I CALL IT! I CALL IT! GAAAAA! SPIRIT! I CALL IT! MAKING CHARACTER SHEET AS I SPEAK!
Real knowledge
is to know the extent
of one's ignorance.

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Lol, no, nothing with you, Thundorz. But Nightfall and I posted at like, the same time claiming Water, but Nightfall's came up first, so I figured I'd need to change it XD

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Does anybody know what the element spirit means? I was thinking death, but then it said that spirit people didn't have physical powers but mental ones. What do you think that means?

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightfall on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:09 pm

By the 'no anime' picture, does he mean he wants real photos or art pictures that aren't anime?

Nightfall
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Hm...I don't know. As long as it isn't anime it might be alright...you could PM the GM.

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 pm

I don't know if the friend roles are limited, but just in case, I would like to reserve a friend role please. I'll have the character in sometime tomorrow because it's way past my curfew.
The price of being a sheep is boredom.
The price of being a wolf is Loneliness.
Choose one or the other with great care.

-Hugh Macleod

BlueWind_22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Well, I still don't know exactly what the spirit person does....Can somebody please explain further? I could defiantly make up powers, but if the gm has specific ones I should know about.... Especially in the intro it says something about how spirit people only have mental powers. I can't really make my character until I know what the power is! Please somebody clue me in.

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arch_Demon666 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Spirit isn't an element per se, but it is often included among the magickal elements as the fifth point of the pentagram, It's even harder to define than air. The binding link between the other four, it is the source of power. Spirit resides within and without, around, above, and below all things.
[center]Image

Arch_Demon666
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Jeez, thats confusing. So what would be defined as her for-lack-of-a-better-term, "powers"

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arch_Demon666 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:28 pm

I would gess Clairvoyance, Empathy, Clairaudience, Telekinesis (or Psychokinesis) just to name a few thing but there are more

Arch_Demon666
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AiraValkov on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Hey everyone! Thanks for having so much interest in this rp! :D It means a lot. Now just to get everything set so far

Fire- Thunder
Water- Night
Earth- twili
Spirit- Spirit
Friend- blue

As for Spirit Arch is pretty well hit it on the nail. Spirit is not a physical power but one of the mind. Everything she had listed you may choose from along with Telepathy and aura reading. the only restriction i have is that only a few will work on the other 4.

I would prefer real people but as long as the Art isn't Anime itself then i don't mind that :)

And our 'Gifts" is really the physical manipulation of the element itself. Fire has an advantage since because you can't have fire on you at all times he can make his own fire and manipulate it along with heat. Water, Air and Earth pull it from around them. If anyone had any other questions please just message me and I'll clear anything up! :) I'll be playing Air and should have her up and running as soon as i go through your characters :)

AiraValkov
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AiraValkov on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:09 pm

I would also like to make something clear before you post your people. When we start our Roleplay. We each go to the same school maybe in the same classes but we do not have any gifts yet. They will come in a few days time maybe next day after. Your charactor should not know of the powers they will be getting and shouldn't even believe in them, Though when they do come you can go nuts :)

Thanks again guys!

AiraValkov
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Ok, so basically here is what my spirit person will be (just so you can give it approval and I can get on with making the character :):
He always has empathy. If he looks someone in the eye (or touches them), he can read their mind and even send telepathic messages. The only way for him to control minds is by placing both hands on the head, look them in the eye, and have maintained eye contact for at least thirty seconds. And even if he does control a mind, he can basically do only one command, before he looses control of the person. Since telekinesis is basically using everyone else's element, telekinesis doesn't really work. Instead, whenever another element is manipulating an element, and using it to attack him, his mind involuntarily repels the element. Sure, if fire is barreling towards him in a giant fireball, he isn't going to come out unscathed. If he's lucky he might come out with 3rd degree burns. Same with water. If its swirling around him, he's still going to get some up his nose, in his mouth, out come out sopping wet. He also has clairvoyance, whenever he touches something he can tell who was there, what they were saying, sometimes thinking, details about it, etc., etc. And lastly, He can give energy to other elements, making them stronger, more powerful.

But why on earth would he want to do that?

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Okay May I have a best friend of one of the elements? My character's gonna be female FYI but a male or female pairing is fine with me.
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShaShaBoomStar on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 pm

I'd like to know if I may create the school chef/maid? She'll be part of the Other section of the characters and will be a minor character. I want to follow these roleplay, but I also want to be a part of it kind of.
ShaShaBoomStar! This is ShaSha, and I'm going to Boom your Star! Wait, no. Gtfo.

ShaShaBoomStar
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!