Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Joys Of Public Speaking

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

The Joys Of Public Speaking

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrangeCupcake on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:54 pm

So here's where I get the fun of making a goof of myself with this lovely intro. At least I don't have to worry about tripping over mic cords or having to imagine the audience naked in order to get through this.

I've been RPing for about 10 years now, although only through the fun of AOL's chatrooms (I can hear you groaning already, and rightly so) and private email. For the last 6, I've played mostly one-on-one. I've been through the guilds and all, making the ranks of Major in one and Division Commander in another...both early on in my RP 'career'. Most of the characters I've played have all been of modern time, usually musically based...and usually male. This is where I have the fun of making things difficult on myself. I'm stepping WAY outside my comfort zone with the character I've thought up this time.

Read as: Don't shoot me if I screw up in places. I'll get there. ^_^;;

This entire site is a new idea for me, but I'm really looking forward to the idea of getting into play like this. It's been ages since I've had the chance of working with groups of people, so the challenge is massively inviting. I may be tentative at first, but I'll jump in. Like anyone else, I just need to get my toes wet...so to speak.

Let the madness begin! xD
A doctor sitting next to me, He asks me how I feel
Not sure I understand his questioning
A higher dosage he prescribes, But there's no guarantee
I feel it starting to take over me
I feel the relapse, Can't break free
Eyes open, But not getting through to me

~Dream Theater - Octavarium~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StrangeCupcake
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: The Joys Of Public Speaking

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scorpious on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Welcome :D I'm new here too, so looks like we're jumping in this together :P I'm sure it'll be fun though!

I look forward to whatever the future brings.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scorpious
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:11 pm

You started in AOL, huh? I got my start about eleven or so years ago back when the Yahoo scene was just starting to really build up into the monster that it later became. It took me a while to get used to the way that things run here, but once I got a feel for the method of operation around here I never looked back. It's a great place. If you need any help learning your way around, feel free to post here or contact a Mentor. Thanks and welcome!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrangeCupcake on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys. ^_^

I'd decided to come looking in places like this because, if anyone's taken a look at the chatrooms on AOL and such, they're a disaster anymore. Any old school RPer would sob into their vodka to see it (and trust me, you need nothing LESS than vodka to even take a look). I've looked at a couple of other RP sites, where it's set up like Myspace, but that's just as horrifying. The number of soap opera characters alone make you want to run screaming into the hills.

So here I am! I've found a few RP's that already spark my interest...so let's see what happens!

StrangeCupcake
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Hello and welcome! I see a few folks have already beat me to the punch in doing that, but there's nothing happier than a happy crowd, hm? You'll find a great wealth of roleplays here, spanning every imaginable genre, both in a chat medium and in the forums. (And then there's our unique "tab" system, which integrates the two.) You will find smaller roleplays with a few folks participating as well as massive roleplays with dozens of folks participating. The site itself is not one massive roleplay (although there is a site-wide, continuous roleplay called the Multiverse, in which all characters and universes simultaneously exist), but contains hundreds upon thousands of original and fiction-inspired roleplays across the site. You can check through the Interest Checks, Roleplayers Wanted, and Out of Character boards to find threads proposing ideas, requesting additional roleplayers, or introducing new roleplays.

And as Jag noted, if you have any questions, the staff are here to help you. That would be those of us with the fancy colored names. Blue are Mentors; green are Moderators; orange are Designers; and red, like Jag, are Administrators.

Once again welcome, and I look forward to seeing more of you around,

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulReaverJade on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Ah cool. A fellow new member with a good amount of RP experience. (Although, I started on MSN chat XD). I hope you find what you're looking for here. :)

(Nice sig btw. Gotta love Dream Theater ^_^)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

SoulReaverJade
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!