Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Kings Inn {IC}

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Kings Inn {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Sun May 17, 2009 8:48 pm

"Alright." He said as he looked at his watch. "Well, I may just wait a half hour and we can catch up." He said as he sat back down, a little put off by her reaction to the hug. He looked at the table and took a swig of his drink to give him an excuse to not say anything as she left...

Jason sighed as she walked away, not sure why she thought she had made him uncomfortable. He knew she hadn't, but he just went through their conversation again in his head, trying to place where she could have misinterpreted something he had said to mean he was uncomfortable. He shrugged, trying to get his mind off of it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

davidab313
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun May 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Phoenix walked back out just before her shift ended, and took Jason, her last customer, his food. "Here you go." She said, giving him a small smile, setting everything in front of him and in order. "Well, I will be leaving soon." She told him, nibbling on her lower lip. "Would you still like to talk to me?" She asked, sure that he had just been being nice. "I could meet you somewhere afterward." She offered, finishing up his check.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Sun May 17, 2009 9:34 pm

"Or we could just talk here." He said, pointing to the seat across from him. "And get yourself something too, I'd feel bad eating in front of you." He said with a smile. "It's all good, Mr. Knight is covering it." He said with a smile at her. "Besides, why go somewhere else?" He asked as he took a bite of the meatloaf, nodding. "Delicious." He said after a few moments of chewing and swallowing. "You know, I was always curious as to why you quit working for my family... But if you don't want to talk about it, I understand..."

davidab313
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun May 17, 2009 9:53 pm

Phoenix licked her lips. "My shift isn't really over until you are done." She told him, looking at the seat, very tempted to sit done. She sighed and after a minute, gave into temptation. She sat down and looked at him. "You're father..." She stopped and shook her head. "I'd rather not talk about it." She told him. "So, what have you been doing lately? Working for your parents?" She asked, tilting her head to the side and taking her hair down, releasing it from the ribbon it was in.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falgabird on Sun May 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Tempest took his order and walked back to the kitchen, placing the slip with the others that need to be filled. Taking the others that she needed, she walked back into the main room, delivering and greeting. By the time she made it back to the kitchen, she had three more orders and had to deliver the one she'd set down on her last trip. Taking the tray, she headed towards the table and noticed the man staring at the other customers. Taking care not to startle him she approached slowly, and set the food on the table.

"I hope everything is to your liking. I'll be back in a while to check in okay?"

falgabird
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby twentydollarslater on Sun May 17, 2009 10:11 pm

"Thanks." Drew nodded as the waitress set his food on the table. He looked down at it for a moment, inhaling as he took in the smell of it. He had to crack a smile -- it did look and smell good, and we was never disappointed with the food here. Taking a few bites, he continued to quietly look around to those within his immediate sight range. He learned at a young age that he hated eating alone, but he also learned that he hated eating with businessmen twice as much. The lunch crowd had died down now, but he was sure that within a couple hours there would be an entirely new crowd in the restaurant.

twentydollarslater
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Sun May 17, 2009 10:19 pm

David smiled slightly and shook his head. "You want anything though?" He asked before he took another bite and sip of his tea. He waited till he had swallowed again before speaking. "Well, after I graduated, I started working on a book, though God forbid my father finds out, he'll quash that without a second though, he wants me to take over the company when they die." He said with a roll of his eyes. "I'd rather write, that's why I double majored at MIT." He said with a sigh. "Writing, needed to better my writing before I planned on becoming an author, remember the short stories I used to write while you were still there?"

davidab313
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun May 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Phoenix shook her head. She was really too nervous to eat. "Yeah, I remember those." She told him, she remembered everything that the two of them had talked about when she was working for his family. Running her fingers through her hair, she watched him. "That is great that you started your book. I'm sure that your mother will be proud of you when it's done."

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falgabird on Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 am

As Tempest walked back to the kitchen, she groaned at the number of trays she have to carry out, another following soon after when she realized that a whole new bunch of people would be coming in soon. Taking the trays and balancing them on her arms she walked out of the kitchen and into the busy dining room. She was heading toward one of her tables when she tripped, causing the tray of food to tip and fall.

Right onto the man who'd she'd just served.

falgabird
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby parisx2xrome on Mon May 18, 2009 10:51 am

Bryce sighed as he walked into the resturaunt. He'd come here for peace, to get away for his erratic mother. She was trying to find him someone to love, but no matter how hard she tried, Bryce never took any notice.
He sat down in a secluded area of the bar, before he began humming a mindless tune.

------------------------------

Evelynn gasped slightly as Tempest dropped the food over the man, but she shrugged her shoulders and went back to her serving. This may have seemed cold, but Eve just wanted to keep the customers from complaining.
After taking down the order, she decided to have a small break. She sat down on an empty chair by the kitchen for about five minutes, before she was asked to serve another table.
COE: *smug smile* Thank you for flying Church of England, Cake or Death!!"
- Eddie Izzard - Cake or Death

"Randy Giles?! Why not just call me Horny Giles or Desperate-for-a-shag Giles. I knew there was a reason I hated you!"
-Spike , Buffy.

parisx2xrome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Mon May 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Jason smiled slightly. "I'm glad, you were one of the only people I showed them to." He said as he took a few more bites and another swig of tea. "It's great to hear you still remember them." He said with a smile, as he saw her run her fingers through her hair. He sighed as she brought up his mother... "Well, she hasn't really been the same... Lately, she's been more interested in helping my dad find me a possible wife, and has cared less and less for my writing..." He said with another sigh as he took another drink and a few more bites of the meatloaf and mashed potatoes...

davidab313
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Mon May 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Seth walked out of the kitchen holding a huge tray in one hand. He began walking carefully with grace being sure not to spill a single drop. He tilted to his side and wobbled a little. "Oh God!" he said catching himself with his foot. He sighed in relief and continued walking to a table placing down one plate. He walked again he tripped and fell hard on the ground food falling all over him. "Dang it...." He said to himself blushing from embarrassment. He bit his lip hard as he picked up the broken pieces of plates.
Why did I have to be so clumsy....
He thought to himself.
Veteran rolepayer.
-sigh- I should be ashamed

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Mon May 18, 2009 8:06 pm

Phoenix nodded. She had been hearing that a lot lately from the younger customers. Their parents were insisting they marry. It was like an epidemic, but she got that. "Well, after you find one, I'm sure that everything will get better after you find a wife." She said, smiling softly. "You have a pretty big empire to keep up." She reminded him. "And your parents aren't going to be around forever to see a grandson." She reasoned, reaching over to try his tea. She made a face and passed it back. "I forgot that I hate sweet tea." She said, sticking her tongue out.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Mon May 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Jason shook his head and sighed. "I don't want one yet... You should remember... I'm the hopeless romantic." He said with a slight laugh. "And so far every person they've set me up with has been one of those horribly spoiled witches from other rich families. They think they're entitled to whomever they want, and frankly, I can't stand those stereotypical people." He said as he shook his head at her. "I know, don't remind me... If I did have to run it, I'd probably go insane... I'd probably just put it up to a board of trustees..." He said as he took his tea back. "Well that's your fault." He said with a smirk as he downed the rest and finished up his meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

davidab313
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Mon May 18, 2009 8:41 pm

Phoenix nodded again, watching him. "Well, I can understand that too. I know how the girls that your parents would find for you are. I'm thinking... Bleached blonde, fake tans, and too red lipstick." She said, thinking of all of the girls that she had seen around the restaurant. It seemed that all heiresses wanted to be like Paris Hilton. "That sounds like the logical thing to do. You can write to your hearts content."

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Mon May 18, 2009 8:50 pm

He sighed and shook his head. "Yeah, you know them all to well... except these ones had too Pink of lipstick." He said with a slight smile as he rolled his eyes. "But yeah, the kind of girls that are too stuck up for their own good and it's gonna get them a husband who either won't love them when their so old their Botox wears off, or they get a husband that just doesn't care and marries them for money..." He said as he looked at the bill, and smiled. "Tip isn't figured in, is it?" He asked, he knew he'd tip extra even if it was, after all, she was an old friend of his...

davidab313
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Mon May 18, 2009 11:05 pm

Phoenix listened to him, giving him a soft smile. "Well, it's pretty much what they are asking for if they are going to be acting like that." She said, not really having much sympathy for rich people, though Jason and his mother were nice enough to have her worrying about them. With the way his father was, and had been with her, she could just imagine the way that he acted with them. "No, tip isn't figured in. But, don't worry about it." She said, giving him a small smile as she stood up. "So, I suppose that I will see you around?" She asked, pushing her hair back as she waited for him to hand her the black folder with the bill.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Tue May 19, 2009 12:20 am

Jason shook his head. "Yeah, good point, I hate people like them, they give us other rich people a bad name." He said with a sigh as he slipped a fifty into the book and handed her a ten. "Keep the change, and lemme know if you wanna catch up again." He said with a smile as he got up and gave her a quick hug before heading for the door. "I'll probably see you around here sometime, if you ever see me on a date with one of those prissy people, please come save me." He said with a slight smile and laugh as he waited for a response...

davidab313
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Tue May 19, 2009 7:56 am

Phoenix smiled and shook her head as she grabbed a sheet of paper from the notepad and wrote down her number, handing the paper to him. "Call me if you feel like catching up." She said, a slight smile spreading over her lips. "And, I don't know about saving you from a date. If I remember right, you're a bit too... Preoccupied to realize that you want someone." She told him before waving goodbye. "I will be back with your change." She told him as she hurried in back, having slipped the ten into his hand with her number.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Tue May 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Jason sighed slightly as he felt the ten under the paper with her number. He then looked back at her as she came back. "Preoccupied? Frankly I'd rather marry someone who could hold a conversation and actually approves of my writing rather than some bleached blonde bimbo who thinks Plato is what kids play with." He said as he sighed. "So unless I seem to be interested in what they are actually saying and not just smiling slightly and nodding, then PLEASE save me." He said with a smile as he got ready to hand her the ten back. "Think of it as me compensating you for having to stay fifteen minutes late talking to me and such." He said with a smile.

davidab313
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!